|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sal and his friends do in Central City?
(a) They go to a bar to listen to jazz.
(b) They throw a party at an abandoned mine shack.
(c) They have an all-night discussion session.
(d) They go skiing.
2. What does Sal think after his date with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) He has a good time and asks her for a second date.
(b) He falls in love with her.
(c) There is no hope of a relationship developing.
(d) He is ambivalent and thinks maybe a second date would help him make up his mind.
3. Who sets Sal up with Rita Bettencourt?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Ray Rawlins.
(c) Roland Major.
4. What is Sal's and Marylou's plan before they arrive in San Francisco?
(a) That Marylou would be Sal's girl.
(b) That they will abandon Dean.
(c) That they will never see each other again.
(d) That they will visit Marylou's brother in Alcatraz.
5. What event is taking place in Washington D.C. when Sal, Dean, Marylou, and Ed Dunkel are traveling through?
(a) Harry S. Truman's Inauguration Day.
(b) A VJ Day celebration parade.
(c) Dwight D, Eisenhower's Inauguration Day.
(d) A protest march.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the driver who gives Sal a ride from Harrisburg to New York refuse to give Sal any food?
2. What does Lucille think about Sal's friends?
3. Where do Sal and Dean decide to visit before returning to San Francisco?
4. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
5. Where do Sal and Marylou stay in San Francisco?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)