|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the flat bed truck riders stays with Sal in Cheyenne?
(a) Montana Slim.
(b) Mississippi Gene.
(c) Big Slim Hazard.
(d) Roland Major.
2. How is Rita Bettencourt described?
(a) As a lively party girl.
(b) As a shy girl without much ambition.
(c) As an intellectual with rapier-like wit.
(d) As an outspoken woman who advocates for the oppressed.
3. Who is "The Ghost?"
(a) Slang for a police officer.
(b) An old hobo.
(c) A drug-induced hallucination.
(d) One of Sal's friends.
4. What do Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel do when Hyman Solomon does not come through?
(a) They steal a car.
(b) Sal pawns his watch.
(c) They steal money and buy bus tickets.
(d) They steal food and gas from distracted gas station attendants.
5. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
(a) That he is fun.
(b) That he is trouble.
(c) That he is intriguing.
(d) That he is despicable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dean's job in San Francisco?
2. Who is Marylou's new boyfriend in San Francisco?
3. What does Sal think about his job in Bakersfield?
4. What is the vow that Sal and Terry make?
5. What does Sal pack for his departure from San Francisco?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)