|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sal think about his first visit to Denver?
(a) It is exuberating.
(b) It is inspirational.
(c) It is traumatic.
(d) It is ungratifying.
2. What does Sal pack for his departure from San Francisco?
(a) Some sandwiches.
(b) A manuscript.
(c) His pajamas.
(d) A gun.
3. What does Old Bull Lee warn Sal about?
(a) That Sal needs to finish his education.
(b) To watch out for the police in New Orleans.
(c) That they need to drive more carefully on their road trips.
(d) That Dean is getting crazier and to be careful.
4. How does Sal get the money to leave San Francisco for the second time?
(a) He pawns his watch.
(b) He works as a grocery clerk.
(c) Sal's aunt sends him a GI check.
(d) He sells a manuscript.
5. Where do Sal and Eddie receive job offers to work in Iowa?
(a) At a diner.
(b) At a sewage treatment plant.
(c) On a farm.
(d) At a carnival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
2. Why does the driver who gives Sal a ride from Harrisburg to New York refuse to give Sal any food?
3. In which city does Sal end the "ride of his life'?
4. What does Marylou do when she sees Sal on the streets of San Francisco?
5. What does Marylou admit to Sal after they arrive in San Francisco?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)