|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Old Bull Lee think of Dean?
(a) That he is trouble.
(b) That he is despicable.
(c) That he is fun.
(d) That he is intriguing.
2. Why does the driver who gives Sal a ride from Harrisburg to New York refuse to give Sal any food?
(a) Because Sal is a stranger.
(b) He is mean.
(c) He does not have any money to buy food.
(d) He thinks fasting is important to one's health.
3. What is Central City?
(a) An old mining town in the mountains.
(b) A town where Sal and his friend's car breaks down.
(c) A haven for beat subculture.
(d) A town where Sal meets some hobos.
4. What do Sal and Dean do in New York City on New Year's Eve?
(a) They go party hopping.
(b) They stay home.
(c) They see a Broadway play.
(d) They go to a jazz club.
5. How does Sal get the money to get from Denver to San Francisco?
(a) Sal's aunt wires him the money.
(b) He pawns his watch.
(c) Roland Major gives him some money.
(d) He panhandles to earn the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Sal's friends stayed with Sal's aunt while he was away?
2. Where does Sal go with Babe Rawlins in a mining town outside of Denver?
3. What is Dean's job in San Francisco?
4. What does Lucille think about Sal's friends?
5. What does Hyman Solomon offer Sal, Dean, and Ed Dunkel?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)