|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Sal, Dean, and Marylou meet in Texas?
(a) A poet named Walt.
(b) A prostitute named Mary Jane.
(c) A businessman named Donald.
(d) A hitchhiker named Alfred.
2. What do Sal and Dean do while bar-hopping in Denver?
(a) They pick up women.
(b) They assault a police officer.
(c) They perform on stage.
(d) They steal cars.
3. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
(a) He pawns his watch.
(b) He panhandles.
(c) He holds up a liquor store.
(d) He works in the field picking fruit.
4. What does Dean tell Sal after their first real argument?
(a) That he will not travel with Sal to New York.
(b) That he does not want to be Sal's friend.
(c) That he is sorry.
(d) That he has been crying.
5. How does Hal Hingham assist Sal and the others in Tucson?
(a) He lets them spend the night at his house.
(b) He gives them five dollars.
(c) He lets them take a shower at his house.
(d) He buys them dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Remi ask of Lee Ann in San Francisco?
2. Where does Sal travel after his first visit to San Francisco?
3. What job does Remi Boncoeur find for Sal in San Francisco?
4. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
5. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)