|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dean tell Sal after their first real argument?
(a) That he does not want to be Sal's friend.
(b) That he will not travel with Sal to New York.
(c) That he has been crying.
(d) That he is sorry.
2. How does Sal feel after Dean confides in Sal about his reaction to their fight?
(a) He feels relieved.
(b) He feels guilt-ridden.
(c) He feels that Dean is a sissy.
(d) He feels manipulated.
3. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
(a) He pawns his watch.
(b) He panhandles.
(c) He holds up a liquor store.
(d) He works in the field picking fruit.
4. How does Hal Hingham assist Sal and the others in Tucson?
(a) He buys them dinner.
(b) He lets them take a shower at his house.
(c) He lets them spend the night at his house.
(d) He gives them five dollars.
5. Where does Old Bull take Sal in New Orleans?
(a) To an abandoned warehouse.
(b) To a bayou.
(c) To the racetrack.
(d) To Bourbon Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam Brady?
2. Who are Sal and Dean's passengers on their trip to Chicago in the travel bureau car?
3. Where do Sal, Dean, and Marylou drop Alfred off?
4. What job does Remi Boncoeur find for Sal in San Francisco?
5. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)