|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Sal, Dean, and Marylou meet in Texas?
(a) A businessman named Donald.
(b) A hitchhiker named Alfred.
(c) A poet named Walt.
(d) A prostitute named Mary Jane.
2. What happens in a restaurant in Denver when Sal and Dean are en route to New York?
(a) They make plans to travel to Canada.
(b) They pick up women.
(c) Sal and Dean have their first outright argument.
(d) They stiff the server with the bill.
3. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
(a) He works in the field picking fruit.
(b) He pawns his watch.
(c) He panhandles.
(d) He holds up a liquor store.
4. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
(a) He has food poisoning.
(b) He complains about the food.
(c) He shouts "Fire!"
(d) He is drunk and boisterous.
5. Where do Sal, Dean, and Marylou drop Alfred off?
(a) Tucson, Arizona.
(b) Salinas, California.
(c) Tulare, California.
(d) Needles, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sal and Dean do while bar-hopping in Denver?
2. What favor does Remi ask of Lee Ann in San Francisco?
3. Where does Sal, Dean, and Marylou's car run off the road into the mud?
4. Who does Sal seek out when he first arrives in San Francisco?
5. What is the name of the horse that Sal bets on?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)