|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dean do when he, Sal, and Marylou arrive in San Francisco?
(a) He does not want to stay in San Francisco and travels to Denver.
(b) He goes out to hear a jazz musician.
(c) He has a fight with Sal.
(d) He abandons them without any money to see Camille.
2. How does Sal justify Dean's behavior to Old Bull Lee?
(a) That Old Bull Lee is too snobby.
(b) That Dean is only that way when drunk or on drugs.
(c) That Dean has a zest for life and is living fully.
(d) That Dean had a rough childhood.
3. What does Dean tell Sal after their first real argument?
(a) That he will not travel with Sal to New York.
(b) That he does not want to be Sal's friend.
(c) That he is sorry.
(d) That he has been crying.
4. What does Old Bull think is a sign from Sal's deceased father?
(a) When they hear a stranger yell Sal's father's name on the street.
(b) When Old Pops wins the race at the horsetrack.
(c) When they see a billboard that says, "Post cards from Paradise."
(d) When they hear a rapping noise in Old Bull's dining room.
5. Where does Sal travel after his first visit to San Francisco?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sal, Dean, and Marylou drop Alfred off?
2. What does Sal feel when he passes the fields near Bakersfield in Part 2?
3. What favor does Remi ask of Lee Ann in San Francisco?
4. Who are Sal and Dean's passengers on their trip to Chicago in the travel bureau car?
5. Who does Sal reunite with at the restaurant while having dinner with Lee Ann, Remi, and Remi's stepfather?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)