|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sal feel after Dean confides in Sal about his reaction to their fight?
(a) He feels that Dean is a sissy.
(b) He feels guilt-ridden.
(c) He feels relieved.
(d) He feels manipulated.
2. Who do Sal, Dean, and Marylou meet in Texas?
(a) A prostitute named Mary Jane.
(b) A hitchhiker named Alfred.
(c) A businessman named Donald.
(d) A poet named Walt.
3. Why is Sal's friend ejected from the upscale restaurant in San Francisco?
(a) He complains about the food.
(b) He is drunk and boisterous.
(c) He shouts "Fire!"
(d) He has food poisoning.
4. What does Sal do in Texas to get money to buy gas?
(a) He holds up a liquor store.
(b) He panhandles.
(c) He pawns his watch.
(d) He works in the field picking fruit.
5. What does Sal consider a sign that he and Dean need to leave Denver?
(a) When Sam Brady delivers the news that the family wants no interaction with Dean or his father.
(b) When their hotel room catches on fire.
(c) When they see a lunar eclipse.
(d) When they see a white horse on the side of the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dean tell Sal after their first real argument?
2. Whose ranch do Sal and Dean visit in Colorado?
3. What Mexican woman does Sal meet on the bus to Los Angeles?
4. Who does the travel bureau car that Sal and Dean drive from Denver to Chicago belong to?
5. Where does Old Bull take Sal in New Orleans?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)