Part 1, Chapters 1 and 2
1. Where is Sal Paradise living at the beginning of On the Road?
(a) With Carlo Marx in Denver.
(b) With his brother in Virginia.
(c) With his aunt in New Jersey.
(d) With Roland Major in Denver.
2. Who sends letters to Sal and tells him about Dean Moriarty?
(a) Roland Major.
(b) Carlo Marx.
(c) Chad King.
(d) Old Bull Lee.
3. Who was born on the road?
(a) Dean Moriarty.
(b) Sal Paradise.
(c) Carlo Marx.
(d) Chad King.
4. Where was Dean Moriarty living before he was first introduced to Sal Paradise in New York?
(a) A commune in San Francisco.
(b) A reformatory in New Mexico.
(c) An apartment in New Orleans.
(d) A hotel in Denver.
5. Who is the woman traveling with Dean Moriarty when Sal first meets him?
6. What job does Dean find after Sal first meets him in New York?
(a) Selling pressure cookers.
(b) A grocery store clerk.
(c) A parking lot attendant.
(d) A custodial worker.
This section contains 5,393 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)