|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hilary going to visit?
2. What does Ned find as he sits at his secret place and looks out at the countryside?
(a) A glint of metal.
(b) An opening in the brush.
(c) Two old journals.
3. Who arrives where Ned is sitting?
(a) His mama.
(c) His papa.
4. Where does Ned find Mr. Scully one day?
(a) Lying face down in a hallway.
(b) Lying in the yard.
(c) Working in the shed.
(d) Down in the basement.
5. Where does Ned do after-school chores?
(a) At home.
(b) The church.
(c) Mr. Scully's house.
(d) The school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Scallop feel about her new job?
2. What still worries Ned after he returns home from Mr. Scully's house?
3. Why does Mrs. Scallop cry?
4. What does Ned avoid approaching?
5. What topic does Ned's mother ask Ned about which he does not answer?
Short Essay Questions
1. After he recovers from his illness, where does Ned often go and what does he do there?
2. What changes take place for the Kimball family?
3. What does Ned's mama "confess" to Ned?
4. What changes does Ned find at Mr. Scully's home one day?
5. What does Ned admit to Mr. Scully and what does Ned believe is the elderly man's response?
6. What does Ned bring down from the attic and what is inside it?
7. Who does Ned meet at Mr. Scully's house one day after Mr. Scully is gone and what does she tell him?
8. With whom does Ned get into a fight and why?
9. Where is Mr. Scully taken and what is probably wrong with him?
10. Where does Ned find Mr. Scully one afternoon and what does Ned do?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)