|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic does Ned's mother ask Ned about which he does not answer?
(a) About the one-eyed cat.
(b) About his grades.
(c) About the vacation with Hilary.
(d) About his fight with Mrs. Scallop.
2. Where does Ned do after-school chores?
(a) Mr. Scully's house.
(b) At home.
(c) The church.
(d) The school.
3. What is lying on an old icebox in Mr. Scully's shed?
(a) A dead coon.
(b) A rifle.
(c) The one-eyed cat.
(d) A pistol.
4. What does Ned figure his father will begin doing?
(a) Taking over Sunday services for another preacher who just died.
(b) Teaching Ned how to drive the tractor.
(c) Driving his mother to the doctor in the city.
(d) Picking up Mr. Scully's groceries.
5. What does Ned avoid approaching?
(a) The cat on the icebox.
(b) One of the town bullies.
(c) The grave where his grandfather is buried.
(d) A broken water main.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ned believe Mr. Scully responds to Ned's confession?
2. What has been taken down at Mr. Scully's house?
3. Who is Janet?
4. What does the Wallis family receive in the mail?
5. What do Ned and Billy discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully say to Ned about the one-eyed cat?
2. What do Billy and Ned hope for this year's winter season?
3. Why does Ned stop at Mr. Scully's house and what does he find?
4. What are Uncle Hilary's newest plans as outlined in a letter the Willis family receives?
5. What does Ned bring down from the attic and what is inside it?
6. Who does Ned meet at Mr. Scully's house one day after Mr. Scully is gone and what does she tell him?
7. What do Ned and his mother see playing by the light of the moon and then what arrives?
8. What is Mama's good news and how does Ned respond?
9. What does Ned learn about the Makepeace mansion?
10. Where is Mr. Scully taken and what is probably wrong with him?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)