|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned find as he sits at his secret place and looks out at the countryside?
(b) Two old journals.
(c) An opening in the brush.
(d) A glint of metal.
2. Where does he go on his walk?
(a) The front pasture.
(b) The garden.
(c) The woods where he shot the air rifle.
(d) The Makepeace mansion.
3. What does Mr. Scully tell Ned about the one-eyed cat?
(a) That it had kittens.
(b) That it has recovered.
(c) That it has disappeared.
(d) That it is dead.
4. What does Ned notice leading up to the shed?
(a) Mountain lion prints.
(b) Mr. Scully's footprints in the snow.
(c) Bear prints.
(d) Mr. Scully's footprints in the mud.
5. Where does Ned go on the way to school?
(a) The cemetary.
(b) Mr. Scully's home.
(c) The church.
(d) Billy's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ned apologizes and goes to his room, about what does he worry?
2. How does Ned help Janet?
3. What does Papa notice when he and Ned are trimming the Christmas tree?
4. What is lying on an old icebox in Mr. Scully's shed?
5. What do Ned and Billy do after Ned helps Janet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ned goes to visit Mr. Scully again?
2. Where does Ned find Mr. Scully one afternoon and what does Ned do?
3. What does Ned bring down from the attic and what is inside it?
4. What are Uncle Hilary's newest plans as outlined in a letter the Willis family receives?
5. What does Ned learn about the Makepeace mansion?
6. With whom does Ned get into a fight and why?
7. What does Ned do for Janet that shows his kind nature?
8. Where is one place Uncle Hilary suggests he and Ned might want to visit on Christmas break?
9. What do Ned and his mother see playing by the light of the moon and then what arrives?
10. What changes does Ned find at Mr. Scully's home one day?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)