|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ned go on the way to school?
(a) The cemetary.
(b) The church.
(c) Billy's house.
(d) Mr. Scully's home.
2. What does Ned know about Mr. Scully and the man's house?
(a) Mr. Scully will probably not be returning home.
(b) Mr. Scully loves to be in his own house.
(c) Mr. Scully built the house himself.
(d) Mr. Scully signed the house over to his daughter.
3. What scares Ned a little about his mama?
(a) Her happiness.
(b) Her weight loss.
(c) Her depression.
(d) Her failure to respond to the new treatment.
4. When does a heavy snow fall in Chapter V?
(a) It does not snow, which is unusual.
(b) On Christmas day.
(c) On Thanksgiving day.
(d) On the first of December.
5. What does Ned admit to Mr. Scully on another trip to see the man?
(a) That Ned is afraid of death.
(b) That Ned does not ever want to shoot the rifle again.
(c) That Ned is afraid of his mother dying.
(d) That Ned shot the cat and put out its eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ned and his papa return home after a visit to Mr. Scully?
2. What does Evelyn tell Ned about an abandoned house?
3. Where does Ned find the one-eyed cat?
4. Who is Janet?
5. What do Ned and Billy discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes take place for the Kimball family?
2. What does Ned bring down from the attic and what is inside it?
3. Why does Ned stop at Mr. Scully's house and what does he find?
4. What does Ned's father notice as Ned and he are trimming the Christmas tree and what happens?
5. What does Ned admit to Mr. Scully and what does Ned believe is the elderly man's response?
6. Where does Ned go one moonlit night and who follows him?
7. Where does Ned find Mr. Scully one afternoon and what does Ned do?
8. How does the fight end?
9. Where is Mr. Scully taken and what is probably wrong with him?
10. What does Ned's mama "confess" to Ned?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)