|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully think about the one-eyed cat?
(a) It is not feral.
(b) It is pregnant.
(c) It needs to live in the shed in the winter.
(d) It is sick.
2. What does Ned admit to Mr. Scully on another trip to see the man?
(a) That Ned shot the cat and put out its eye.
(b) That Ned does not ever want to shoot the rifle again.
(c) That Ned is afraid of death.
(d) That Ned is afraid of his mother dying.
3. What does Ned wish about his upcoming Christmas vacation?
(a) That his older brother could also go with them.
(b) That his parents were going.
(c) That he could stay home.
(d) That they could go to Florida.
4. What does Mr. Scully tell Ned about the one-eyed cat?
(a) That it had kittens.
(b) That it is dead.
(c) That it has disappeared.
(d) That it has recovered.
5. After Ned apologizes and goes to his room, about what does he worry?
(a) Mrs. Scallop.
(b) The upcoming vacation.
(c) The cat and his mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ned do after-school chores?
2. Who is going to help look after Ned's mother?
3. What is lying on an old icebox in Mr. Scully's shed?
4. What does Ned learn from Doris?
5. What do Ned and Billy do after Ned helps Janet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes does Ned find at Mr. Scully's home one day?
2. What happens on the first day December and what does Ned see?
3. Where is one place Uncle Hilary suggests he and Ned might want to visit on Christmas break?
4. What happens when Ned goes to visit Mr. Scully again?
5. Where does Ned go one moonlit night and who follows him?
6. What does Mama tell Ned about something she did when Ned was three?
7. What does Ned's mama "confess" to Ned?
8. Where does Ned find Mr. Scully one afternoon and what does Ned do?
9. What does Mr. Scully say to Ned about the one-eyed cat?
10. What are Uncle Hilary's newest plans as outlined in a letter the Willis family receives?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)