|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Evelyn get as a result of her father earning more money?
(a) Drawing materials.
(c) A new hat.
2. Where does he go on his walk?
(a) The garden.
(b) The Makepeace mansion.
(c) The woods where he shot the air rifle.
(d) The front pasture.
3. After Ned apologizes and goes to his room, about what does he worry?
(a) Mrs. Scallop.
(b) The upcoming vacation.
(c) The cat and his mom.
4. What does Mr. Scully think about the one-eyed cat?
(a) It is not feral.
(b) It is sick.
(c) It needs to live in the shed in the winter.
(d) It is pregnant.
5. What does Ned think about Mr. Scully when he goes to see him one day?
(a) Mr. Scully is very fragile.
(b) Mr. Scully talks more than usual.
(c) Mr. Scully seems much stronger.
(d) Mr. Scully seems to be somewhere else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lying on an old icebox in Mr. Scully's shed?
2. What does the Wallis family receive in the mail?
3. What does Ned and his mother see?
4. What does Hilary promise to Ned?
5. What What does Mr. Scully instruct Ned to throw out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ned's father notice as Ned and he are trimming the Christmas tree and what happens?
2. Where is one place Uncle Hilary suggests he and Ned might want to visit on Christmas break?
3. Why does Ned stop at Mr. Scully's house and what does he find?
4. Where is Mr. Scully taken and what is probably wrong with him?
5. What does Ned bring down from the attic and what is inside it?
6. About what does Ned open up and talk to his mama?
7. What do Ned and his mother see playing by the light of the moon and then what arrives?
8. After he recovers from his illness, where does Ned often go and what does he do there?
9. What changes does Ned find at Mr. Scully's home one day?
10. What does Mr. Scully say to Ned about the one-eyed cat?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)