|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned's mother remind Ned to do?
(a) Become what he wants.
(b) Accept the good.
(c) Accept the bad.
2. What does Hilary promise to Ned?
(a) To teach him to deep sea fish.
(b) To bring him home early if he gets homesick.
(c) To let him know when vacation plans are finalized.
(d) To take him to visit an aunt Ned has never met.
3. What scares Ned a little about his mama?
(a) Her happiness.
(b) Her weight loss.
(c) Her failure to respond to the new treatment.
(d) Her depression.
4. What does Papa notice when he and Ned are trimming the Christmas tree?
(a) Ned's mother is happy.
(c) Ned has outgrown is new pants.
(d) Ned is feverish.
5. Where does Ned tell Papa he wants to go?
(a) To visit Washington, D. C.
(b) With his uncle to Greece.
(c) To his grandparents' house in the summer.
(d) To visit Mr. Scully again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lying on an old icebox in Mr. Scully's shed?
2. Where does Ned go after he finds Mr. Scully?
3. What does Ned figure his father will begin doing?
4. What does Evelyn tell Ned about an abandoned house?
5. What worries Ned about the one-eyed cat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Mr. Scully taken and what is probably wrong with him?
2. What changes does Ned find at Mr. Scully's home one day?
3. What does Ned's mama "confess" to Ned?
4. What changes take place for the Kimball family?
5. After he recovers from his illness, where does Ned often go and what does he do there?
6. What does Ned bring down from the attic and what is inside it?
7. What do Ned and his mother see playing by the light of the moon and then what arrives?
8. What are Uncle Hilary's newest plans as outlined in a letter the Willis family receives?
9. Why does Ned stop at Mr. Scully's house and what does he find?
10. What happens when Ned goes to visit Mr. Scully again?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)