|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has gone from Mr. Scully's house?
(a) Mr. Scully's buggy.
(b) The old coonskin cap.
(c) The "for sale" sign.
(d) The leather portfolio.
2. Where is Billy Gaskell's family moving?
(b) New York.
3. What has been taken down at Mr. Scully's house?
(a) The outhouse.
(b) The water barrel.
(c) The porch.
(d) The swing.
4. What does Ned find as he sits at his secret place and looks out at the countryside?
(a) A glint of metal.
(b) Two old journals.
(c) An opening in the brush.
5. Why does Mrs. Scallop cry?
(a) She is not feeling well.
(b) Her mother died a year ago that day.
(c) Ned snaps at her.
(d) Her daughter is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nurse Clay tell Ned?
2. Where does Ned go after he finds Mr. Scully?
3. What does Ned learn from Doris?
4. Where does Ned do after-school chores?
5. What does the Wallis family receive in the mail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ned goes to visit Mr. Scully again?
2. After he recovers from his illness, where does Ned often go and what does he do there?
3. What does Ned admit to Mr. Scully and what does Ned believe is the elderly man's response?
4. What happens on the first day December and what does Ned see?
5. What does Mama tell Ned about something she did when Ned was three?
6. What will Mr. Willis start doing for Mr. Scully and why?
7. About what does Ned open up and talk to his mama?
8. What is Mama's good news and how does Ned respond?
9. What does Ned learn about the Makepeace mansion?
10. With whom does Ned get into a fight and why?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)