|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully think about the one-eyed cat?
(a) It is not feral.
(b) It is pregnant.
(c) It is sick.
(d) It needs to live in the shed in the winter.
2. What do Ned and Billy do after Ned helps Janet?
(a) Throw snowballs at passing cars.
(b) Steal some eggs.
(c) Get into a fistfight.
3. Where does Ned go to visit?
(a) An art museum with his class.
(b) To Evelyn's grandmother's house with Evelyn.
(c) The State capitol with his class.
(d) Mr. Scully in the nursing home.
4. Where is Hilary going to visit?
5. How does Ned help Janet?
(a) He tells her about the one-eyed cat.
(b) He sweeps out the basement.
(c) He picks up her books she dropped.
(d) He cleans the chalkboards everyday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully promise to continue doing?
2. What topic does Ned's mother ask Ned about which he does not answer?
3. Where is Ned spending a great deal of time after he recovers?
4. What does Mrs. Kimball say about Mr. Scully?
5. What worries Ned about the one-eyed cat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the fight end?
2. What does Ned's mama "confess" to Ned?
3. What do Billy and Ned hope for this year's winter season?
4. What does Ned bring down from the attic and what is inside it?
5. What will Mr. Willis start doing for Mr. Scully and why?
6. Why does Ned stop at Mr. Scully's house and what does he find?
7. Who does Ned meet at Mr. Scully's house one day after Mr. Scully is gone and what does she tell him?
8. With whom does Ned get into a fight and why?
9. Where is one place Uncle Hilary suggests he and Ned might want to visit on Christmas break?
10. What happens when Ned goes to visit Mr. Scully again?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)