|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does a heavy snow fall in Chapter V?
(a) On Thanksgiving day.
(b) On the first of December.
(c) It does not snow, which is unusual.
(d) On Christmas day.
2. Where is Ned spending a great deal of time after he recovers?
(a) The Kimball home.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) Mr. Scully's house.
(d) The Makepeace mansion.
3. Who is Janet?
(a) A school friend.
(b) A janitor.
(c) The town gossip.
(d) A teacher.
4. How are Mama's treatments working?
(a) It's too early to tell.
(c) Not at all.
(d) Not too well.
5. About what does Ned ask Mrs. Kinball?
(a) Why Mrs. Scallop cried all the time.
(b) The reason she became a nurse.
(c) The history of the Makepeace mansion.
(d) If her daughter Evelyn is really going to be in the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ned go on the way to school?
2. What does Ned's mother remind Ned to do?
3. What worries Ned about the one-eyed cat?
4. Where does Ned go to visit?
5. Where does Hilary suggest taking a ferry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ned do for Janet that shows his kind nature?
2. What does Ned learn about the Makepeace mansion?
3. Why does Ned stop at Mr. Scully's house and what does he find?
4. With whom does Ned get into a fight and why?
5. What does Ned learn from Mama about Mrs. Scallop and Mr. Scully?
6. What happens when Ned goes to visit Mr. Scully again?
7. What is Mama's good news and how does Ned respond?
8. What will Mr. Willis start doing for Mr. Scully and why?
9. What changes does Ned find at Mr. Scully's home one day?
10. What does Ned's father notice as Ned and he are trimming the Christmas tree and what happens?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)