|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ned find the one-eyed cat?
(a) Under an old tractor.
(b) Under the front porch.
(c) He can't find it.
(d) In the shed.
2. What worries Ned about the one-eyed cat?
(a) It hasn't moved since the morning.
(b) Its leg appears to be broken.
(c) It is bleeding.
(d) It is moaning.
3. What does Ned learn about Mr. Scully?
(a) He is well enough to now move out West.
(b) He is recovering but cannot speak.
(c) He is expected to die any day.
(d) He is just starting to speak again.
4. What has been taken down at Mr. Scully's house?
(a) The porch.
(b) The outhouse.
(c) The water barrel.
(d) The swing.
5. What does Evelyn get as a result of her father earning more money?
(a) Drawing materials.
(b) A new hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ned go after he finds Mr. Scully?
2. What is at the place Hilary intends to visit?
3. What does Mr. Scully promise to continue doing?
4. Why doesn't Ned visit his mother one day?
5. What What does Mr. Scully instruct Ned to throw out?
Short Essay Questions
1. After he recovers from his illness, where does Ned often go and what does he do there?
2. With whom does Ned get into a fight and why?
3. Where does Ned go one moonlit night and who follows him?
4. What does Ned learn about the Makepeace mansion?
5. What do Billy and Ned hope for this year's winter season?
6. What are Uncle Hilary's newest plans as outlined in a letter the Willis family receives?
7. Where is one place Uncle Hilary suggests he and Ned might want to visit on Christmas break?
8. What do Ned and his mother see playing by the light of the moon and then what arrives?
9. What happens when Ned goes to visit Mr. Scully again?
10. What does Ned's mama "confess" to Ned?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)