|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ned apologizes and goes to his room, about what does he worry?
(a) The upcoming vacation.
(c) The cat and his mom.
(d) Mrs. Scallop.
2. What still worries Ned after he returns home from Mr. Scully's house?
(a) His mother's new treatment.
(b) His father's bad back.
(c) Doris not seeing her father more often.
(d) The one-eyed cat.
3. What has been taken down at Mr. Scully's house?
(a) The swing.
(b) The outhouse.
(c) The porch.
(d) The water barrel.
4. What does Ned learn about Mr. Scully?
(a) He is well enough to now move out West.
(b) He is recovering but cannot speak.
(c) He is expected to die any day.
(d) He is just starting to speak again.
5. Where does Hilary suggest taking a ferry?
(a) To an island which is inhabited by many varieties of fox.
(b) An island that has many exotic birds.
(c) An island where wild ponies live.
(d) He actually says the ferry no longer runs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ned notice leading up to the shed?
2. What does Ned learn from Doris?
3. How does Ned believe Mr. Scully responds to Ned's confession?
4. What news does Ned receive that lightens his mood?
5. What topic does Ned's mother ask Ned about which he does not answer?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)