|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned dream of for the next few days?
(a) The ferry sinking.
(b) The fox island.
(c) The one-eyed cat.
(d) The horse island.
2. What has gone from Mr. Scully's house?
(a) The old coonskin cap.
(b) The leather portfolio.
(c) Mr. Scully's buggy.
(d) The "for sale" sign.
3. How are Mama's treatments working?
(a) Not at all.
(b) It's too early to tell.
(d) Not too well.
4. What does Mr. Scully think about the one-eyed cat?
(a) It is pregnant.
(b) It is not feral.
(c) It is sick.
(d) It needs to live in the shed in the winter.
5. What happens when Ned and his papa return home after a visit to Mr. Scully?
(a) Mama is very ill.
(b) The one-eyed cat is dead on their driveway.
(c) Doris has moved into Mr. Scully's house.
(d) Mr. Scully's sister has moved into Mr. Scully's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Ned receive that lightens his mood?
2. What is now stacked at the back door of Mr. Scully's house?
3. What food did the cat eat from Mr. Scully?
4. Who is Janet?
5. What does Ned think about as he leaves the nursing home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Mr. Scully taken and what is probably wrong with him?
2. What does Mr. Scully say to Ned about the one-eyed cat?
3. What does Ned learn about the Makepeace mansion?
4. What does Ned do for Janet that shows his kind nature?
5. What does Ned's father notice as Ned and he are trimming the Christmas tree and what happens?
6. What changes does Ned find at Mr. Scully's home one day?
7. What happens when Ned goes to visit Mr. Scully again?
8. With whom does Ned get into a fight and why?
9. Where is one place Uncle Hilary suggests he and Ned might want to visit on Christmas break?
10. Why does Ned stop at Mr. Scully's house and what does he find?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)