|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lying on an old icebox in Mr. Scully's shed?
(a) The one-eyed cat.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A dead coon.
(d) A rifle.
2. Who is going to help look after Ned's mother?
(a) Mrs. Kimball.
(b) A nurse the doctor knows.
(c) A nurse from the church.
(d) No one.
3. What does Mr. Scully tell Ned about the one-eyed cat?
(a) That it had kittens.
(b) That it has recovered.
(c) That it has disappeared.
(d) That it is dead.
4. How does Ned believe Mr. Scully responds to Ned's confession?
(a) Mr. Scully does not know what Ned is saying.
(b) Mr. Scully seems angry about it.
(c) Mr. Scully understands and forgives Ned.
(d) Mr. Scully thinks Ned is being too hard on himself.
5. To whom does Ned apologize?
(a) His father.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His mother.
(d) Mrs. Scully.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Mama and Papa feel about what she tells Ned?
2. What does Ned learn about Mr. Scully?
3. What do Ned and Billy do after Ned helps Janet?
4. Where does Ned do after-school chores?
5. What does Nurse Clay tell Ned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ned learn about the Makepeace mansion?
2. Who does Ned meet at Mr. Scully's house one day after Mr. Scully is gone and what does she tell him?
3. What do Billy and Ned hope for this year's winter season?
4. What happens when Ned goes to visit Mr. Scully again?
5. What does Mama tell Ned about something she did when Ned was three?
6. Where is Mr. Scully taken and what is probably wrong with him?
7. After he recovers from his illness, where does Ned often go and what does he do there?
8. What happens on the first day December and what does Ned see?
9. What does Ned admit to Mr. Scully and what does Ned believe is the elderly man's response?
10. What are Uncle Hilary's newest plans as outlined in a letter the Willis family receives?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)