|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Evelyn get as a result of her father earning more money?
(b) Drawing materials.
(c) A new hat.
2. How do Mama and Papa feel about what she tells Ned?
(d) They do not tell Ned anything.
3. What does Ned figure his father will begin doing?
(a) Teaching Ned how to drive the tractor.
(b) Driving his mother to the doctor in the city.
(c) Picking up Mr. Scully's groceries.
(d) Taking over Sunday services for another preacher who just died.
4. Where is Hilary going to visit?
5. What topic does Ned's mother ask Ned about which he does not answer?
(a) About his grades.
(b) About the one-eyed cat.
(c) About his fight with Mrs. Scallop.
(d) About the vacation with Hilary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ned know about Mr. Scully and the man's house?
2. What does Ned think about as he leaves the nursing home?
3. What is now stacked at the back door of Mr. Scully's house?
4. Who does Ned encounter one day at Mr. Scully's house?
5. What does Ned dream of for the next few days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ned learn from Mama about Mrs. Scallop and Mr. Scully?
2. What do Ned and his mother see playing by the light of the moon and then what arrives?
3. Who does Ned meet at Mr. Scully's house one day after Mr. Scully is gone and what does she tell him?
4. What does Mr. Scully say to Ned about the one-eyed cat?
5. What happens on the first day December and what does Ned see?
6. What does Ned's mama "confess" to Ned?
7. What does Ned's father notice as Ned and he are trimming the Christmas tree and what happens?
8. About what does Ned open up and talk to his mama?
9. Where is Mr. Scully taken and what is probably wrong with him?
10. How does the fight end?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)