|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama tell Ned about the same house?
(a) It's too dangerous for him to wander inside.
(c) It is just abandoned.
(d) It has a lot of potential.
2. What does Hilary promise to Ned?
(a) To take him to visit an aunt Ned has never met.
(b) To let him know when vacation plans are finalized.
(c) To bring him home early if he gets homesick.
(d) To teach him to deep sea fish.
3. Who arrives where Ned is sitting?
(c) His mama.
(d) His papa.
4. How does Hilary intend to get to his next destination?
(a) A junk.
(c) He is not sure.
(d) A steamer.
5. What does Ned's mother remind Ned to do?
(a) Accept the bad.
(b) Become what he wants.
(c) Accept the good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Evelyn Kimball's father work?
2. What does Ned avoid approaching?
3. Who is Billy Gaskell?
4. What does Mr. Scully tell Ned about the one-eyed cat?
5. What does Papa notice when he and Ned are trimming the Christmas tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ned and his mother see playing by the light of the moon and then what arrives?
2. What does Mr. Scully say to Ned about the one-eyed cat?
3. What is Mama's good news and how does Ned respond?
4. Who does Ned meet at Mr. Scully's house one day after Mr. Scully is gone and what does she tell him?
5. What does Ned admit to Mr. Scully and what does Ned believe is the elderly man's response?
6. What does Mama tell Ned about something she did when Ned was three?
7. What will Mr. Willis start doing for Mr. Scully and why?
8. Why does Ned stop at Mr. Scully's house and what does he find?
9. What does Ned do for Janet that shows his kind nature?
10. Where does Ned go one moonlit night and who follows him?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)