|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hilary going to visit?
2. What does Ned tell his mother about Christmas vacation?
(a) He is really excited about the fox island.
(b) He wants her to go, too.
(c) He is really excited about the pony island.
(d) He does not want to go with his uncle.
3. What does Ned wish about his upcoming Christmas vacation?
(a) That they could go to Florida.
(b) That his parents were going.
(c) That he could stay home.
(d) That his older brother could also go with them.
4. What does Ned avoid approaching?
(a) One of the town bullies.
(b) The cat on the icebox.
(c) A broken water main.
(d) The grave where his grandfather is buried.
5. What still worries Ned after he returns home from Mr. Scully's house?
(a) The one-eyed cat.
(b) His mother's new treatment.
(c) Doris not seeing her father more often.
(d) His father's bad back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully think about the one-eyed cat?
2. What does Ned notice leading up to the shed?
3. Where does Ned find the one-eyed cat?
4. How does Ned believe Mr. Scully responds to Ned's confession?
5. Who does Ned encounter one day at Mr. Scully's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the fight end?
2. What changes take place for the Kimball family?
3. What does Ned learn from Mama about Mrs. Scallop and Mr. Scully?
4. What does Ned admit to Mr. Scully and what does Ned believe is the elderly man's response?
5. Where is one place Uncle Hilary suggests he and Ned might want to visit on Christmas break?
6. What will Mr. Willis start doing for Mr. Scully and why?
7. What do Billy and Ned hope for this year's winter season?
8. What do Ned and his mother see playing by the light of the moon and then what arrives?
9. Why does Ned stop at Mr. Scully's house and what does he find?
10. What does Ned's mama "confess" to Ned?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)