|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned know about Mr. Scully and the man's house?
(a) Mr. Scully loves to be in his own house.
(b) Mr. Scully built the house himself.
(c) Mr. Scully will probably not be returning home.
(d) Mr. Scully signed the house over to his daughter.
2. What does Ned's mother remind Ned to do?
(a) Accept the bad.
(b) Accept the good.
(c) Become what he wants.
3. What does Papa notice when he and Ned are trimming the Christmas tree?
(b) Ned is feverish.
(c) Ned has outgrown is new pants.
(d) Ned's mother is happy.
4. What does Ned think about as he leaves the nursing home?
(a) Shooting the cat.
(b) The times Mr. Scully would laugh until he had tears in his eyes.
(c) The pain of aging.
(d) The mementos Mr. Scully threw out.
5. What food did the cat eat from Mr. Scully?
(a) A piece of chicken.
(b) Bacon bits.
(d) A piece of fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ned go after he finds Mr. Scully?
2. What is missing from the yard at Mr. Scully's house?
3. How does Ned help Janet?
4. What What does Mr. Scully instruct Ned to throw out?
5. Where is Hilary going to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Ned open up and talk to his mama?
2. What happens on the first day December and what does Ned see?
3. Where does Ned find Mr. Scully one afternoon and what does Ned do?
4. What changes does Ned find at Mr. Scully's home one day?
5. Where is Mr. Scully taken and what is probably wrong with him?
6. With whom does Ned get into a fight and why?
7. Who does Ned meet at Mr. Scully's house one day after Mr. Scully is gone and what does she tell him?
8. How does the fight end?
9. What does Ned learn from Mama about Mrs. Scallop and Mr. Scully?
10. What does Ned's mama "confess" to Ned?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)