|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ned spending a great deal of time after he recovers?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) The Makepeace mansion.
(c) The Kimball home.
(d) Mr. Scully's house.
2. From where does an ambulance have to come?
(d) Oak Hill.
3. What does Ned and his mother see?
(a) A shooting star.
(b) A white dog.
(c) The one-eyed cat.
(d) Mr. Scully's ghost.
4. What does Mama say to Ned about Mrs. Scallop?
(a) Ned should be nicer to her.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She is going to start working only parttime.
(d) Papa found her a job in a nursing home.
5. When does Ned go out for a walk?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) On a moonlit night.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Early evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ned go after he finds Mr. Scully?
2. Where does Ned tell Papa he wants to go?
3. Why doesn't Ned visit his mother one day?
4. Where is Hilary's next destination?
5. What does Ned wish about his upcoming Christmas vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes does Ned find at Mr. Scully's home one day?
2. What happens on the first day December and what does Ned see?
3. What does Ned bring down from the attic and what is inside it?
4. Where is one place Uncle Hilary suggests he and Ned might want to visit on Christmas break?
5. Who does Ned meet at Mr. Scully's house one day after Mr. Scully is gone and what does she tell him?
6. What do Ned and his mother see playing by the light of the moon and then what arrives?
7. Where does Ned go one moonlit night and who follows him?
8. What happens when Ned goes to visit Mr. Scully again?
9. What does Ned's mama "confess" to Ned?
10. What does Mr. Scully say to Ned about the one-eyed cat?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)