|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ned tell Papa he wants to go?
(a) With his uncle to Greece.
(b) To visit Mr. Scully again.
(c) To visit Washington, D. C.
(d) To his grandparents' house in the summer.
2. What does Ned think about Mr. Scully when he goes to see him one day?
(a) Mr. Scully talks more than usual.
(b) Mr. Scully seems to be somewhere else.
(c) Mr. Scully is very fragile.
(d) Mr. Scully seems much stronger.
3. What does Mama tell Ned about the same house?
(a) It has a lot of potential.
(b) It is just abandoned.
(d) It's too dangerous for him to wander inside.
4. To whom does Ned apologize?
(a) His teacher.
(b) Mrs. Scully.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. From where does an ambulance have to come?
(a) Oak Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Scallop cry?
2. What does the Wallis family receive in the mail?
3. What news does Ned receive that lightens his mood?
4. What does Ned dream of for the next few days?
5. What has been taken down at Mr. Scully's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully say to Ned about the one-eyed cat?
2. What do Billy and Ned hope for this year's winter season?
3. After he recovers from his illness, where does Ned often go and what does he do there?
4. What changes does Ned find at Mr. Scully's home one day?
5. What does Ned learn about the Makepeace mansion?
6. What will Mr. Willis start doing for Mr. Scully and why?
7. What does Ned bring down from the attic and what is inside it?
8. What does Ned learn from Mama about Mrs. Scallop and Mr. Scully?
9. Why does Ned stop at Mr. Scully's house and what does he find?
10. What does Ned do for Janet that shows his kind nature?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)