|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hilary's next destination?
(a) Hong Kong.
2. Why doesn't Ned visit his mother one day?
(a) She has gone to the city for a new treatment.
(b) She is too ill.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is too busy working at the church.
3. What food did the cat eat from Mr. Scully?
(a) A piece of fish.
(b) A piece of chicken.
(c) Bacon bits.
4. What does Ned's mother remind Ned to do?
(a) Become what he wants.
(b) Accept the good.
(c) Accept the bad.
5. What does Mrs. Kimball say about Mr. Scully?
(a) He is stubborn.
(b) He is a God-fearing man.
(c) He probably suffered a stroke.
(d) He is a difficult, embattled old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of arthritis does Mama have?
2. Who arrives where Ned is sitting?
3. Why does Mrs. Scallop cry?
4. What does Ned realize about Mr. Scully and Ned's confession?
5. What does Ned avoid approaching?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does Ned open up and talk to his mama?
2. What does Mama tell Ned about something she did when Ned was three?
3. What does Ned bring down from the attic and what is inside it?
4. Who does Ned meet at Mr. Scully's house one day after Mr. Scully is gone and what does she tell him?
5. Where is Mr. Scully taken and what is probably wrong with him?
6. What is Mama's good news and how does Ned respond?
7. What does Ned's father notice as Ned and he are trimming the Christmas tree and what happens?
8. With whom does Ned get into a fight and why?
9. What happens when Ned goes to visit Mr. Scully again?
10. What will Mr. Willis start doing for Mr. Scully and why?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)