|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned avoid approaching?
(a) One of the town bullies.
(b) A broken water main.
(c) The grave where his grandfather is buried.
(d) The cat on the icebox.
2. What does Ned think about Mr. Scully when he goes to see him one day?
(a) Mr. Scully talks more than usual.
(b) Mr. Scully is very fragile.
(c) Mr. Scully seems to be somewhere else.
(d) Mr. Scully seems much stronger.
3. Where does Hilary suggest taking a ferry?
(a) An island where wild ponies live.
(b) To an island which is inhabited by many varieties of fox.
(c) An island that has many exotic birds.
(d) He actually says the ferry no longer runs.
4. How does Ned help Janet?
(a) He cleans the chalkboards everyday.
(b) He tells her about the one-eyed cat.
(c) He sweeps out the basement.
(d) He picks up her books she dropped.
5. What does Evelyn get as a result of her father earning more money?
(a) Drawing materials.
(d) A new hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of arthritis does Mama have?
2. What does Ned feel about himself?
3. How are Mama's treatments working?
4. From where does an ambulance have to come?
5. When does a heavy snow fall in Chapter V?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)