|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Scallop say would happen if Ned does not blow out all his birthday candles?
(a) A strange fate would befall him.
(b) His birthday next year will be late.
(c) His father would not return.
(d) He wouldn't get his wish.
2. What does Mr. Scully give Ned for Ned's birthday?
(a) A comic book.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A piece of soapstone carved with Chinese characters.
(d) A carving knife.
3. What does Hilary give Ned for his birthday?
(a) A model car.
(b) A practice sword.
(c) A Daisy air rifle.
(d) A model airplane.
4. What is Powerful Katinka?
(a) A teenage girl down the street from Ned.
(b) A advertising character.
(c) A vacuum cleaner.
(d) A cartoon character.
5. Where does Ned get the bronze goat he has in his room?
(a) His father had it as a child.
(b) His mother had it as a child.
(c) Hilary got it in Greece.
(d) He found it at a secondhand shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Scallop often refer to herself?
2. Why does Ned feel safe?
3. What does Ned decide about Charleston?
4. How many housekeepers has the Wallis family had, including the present one?
5. What does Evelyn Kimball say she saw when Ned and his friends are talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ned's uncle Hilary give Ned for his birthday and why is Ned's father upset?
2. What disconcerting statement does Mrs. Scallop say about Ned's birthday candles and what does she give Ned for his birthday?
3. What does Ned's father instruct Ned about being a guest for supper at the Brewsters, and why does his father say that?
4. Describe a couple things about Mr. Scully that makes him seem eccentric.
5. Where does Uncle Hilary want to take Ned over Christmas vacation and how does Ned initially feel about the idea?
6. Describe a typical routine for Ned and Mr. Scully when Ned is over there.
7. What had Ned's father told him about the Daisy air rifle and how does Ned comply?
8. Describe Ned Wallis.
9. What does Ned think Mr. Scully needs, and how does Ned feel about that?
10. How does Ned feel about having a meal with a family in his father's congregation?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)