|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Ned lie to his mama?
(b) The need to stay after school for the week.
(c) The need to have a new notebook for school.
(d) The need to write a poem about autumn.
2. Where does Ned realize his father is taking his present?
(a) To the attic.
(b) To the neighbor's home.
(c) To the basement.
(d) To the church.
3. In what month does Ned's birthday fall?
4. What does Ned lose interest in after using it once?
(a) The model airplane.
(b) The rifle.
(c) The sword.
(d) The model car.
5. Where does Ned go after the household is in bed?
(a) To the basement.
(b) Outside to catch frogs.
(c) Outside to try to catch a raccoon.
(d) To retrieve his present.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ned's father installed on the house for protection?
2. What does Mr. Scully give Ned for Ned's birthday?
3. What causes Ned both great anxiety and excitement?
4. What does Ned imagine as he is outside at night?
5. Why is Ned particularly excited about traveling with Hilary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Wallis family gather downstairs during the night?
2. What is the first lie Ned has ever told his mama?
3. Where does Uncle Hilary want to take Ned over Christmas vacation and how does Ned initially feel about the idea?
4. Describe a couple souvenirs Ned has received from his uncle Hilary?
5. What has Ned noticed about Mrs. Scallop's underlying emotion and of whom does she remind Ned?
6. What does Ned's uncle Hilary give Ned for his birthday and why is Ned's father upset?
7. What is the date and location of the setting for "One-Eyed Cat", and what is the significance of the time period?
8. Describe Ned Wallis.
9. Describe a couple things about Mr. Scully that makes him seem eccentric.
10. What is Mr. Scully's relationship like with his daughter Doris?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)