Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Scallop sometimes lapse into?
(a) Periods of joking with Ned.
(b) Periods of bossiness.
(c) Periods of giddy laughter.
(d) Periods of sullen silence.
2. What does Ned's father not understand about Mr. Kimball?
(a) How he affords to feed such a large family.
(b) Why is treats his wife so poorly.
(c) Why he does not discipline his children.
(d) Why he travels out of town so much.
3. Of what does Ned feel a little jealous?
(a) His mother's close relationship with Hilary.
(b) His father's close relationship with Hilary.
(c) His mother's close relationship with the neighbor's little girl.
(d) His mother's close relationship with his older sister.
4. How old is Ned when his mother becomes ill?
5. Why does Ned fluster Evelyn?
(a) He presses her for information about the one-eyed cat.
(b) He looks directly at her for a minute.
(c) He asks if she wanted to be kissing the boy she was talking about.
(d) He asks her to the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ned not mind listening to Mr. Scully ramble?
2. Why does Ned feel sad for Mr. Scully?
3. What does Ned notice about the things Doris sent for the last three months?
4. What does Ned imagine as he is walking back to the house at night?
5. Who is Mrs. Scallop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ned feel about having a meal with a family in his father's congregation?
2. About what does Ned open up and talk to his mama?
3. Why does Ned feel concerned about his mama and when did this start?
4. What changes take place for the Kimball family?
5. What confuses Ned about Mrs. Scallop?
6. What is Mr. Scully's relationship like with his daughter Doris?
7. How does Mrs. Scallop upset Ned about his birth and what does his mother say about it?
8. What does Ned bring down from the attic and what is inside it?
9. To whom does Ned deliver mail and a newspaper every day and why does Ned do so?
10. Describe a couple souvenirs Ned has received from his uncle Hilary?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)