|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully say comes into his yard regularly?
(a) Two deer.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) The one-eyed cat.
(d) A bear.
2. What does Mr. Scully say he does regularly now?
(a) Bakes biscuits.
(b) Feeds the one-eyed cat.
(c) Writes his daughter.
(d) Sees his dead son's ghost.
3. In what month does Ned's birthday fall?
4. How old is Mr. Scully?
(a) About 70.
(b) About 80.
(c) About 55.
(d) About 95.
5. Why does Ned not mind listening to Mr. Scully ramble?
(a) He gives Ned money.
(b) Mr. Scully is likeable.
(c) He knows a lot about exotic countries.
(d) He does not know he is rambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Scallop tell Ned about his birth?
2. Where does Ned travel that night?
3. About what does Ned worry when he gets back to his room with his presents?
4. What does Ned refrain from saying to his mother?
5. To whom had the present once belonged?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first lie Ned has ever told his mama?
2. Where was Ned's favorite place to walk when he was very young?
3. Who is the current housekeeper in the Wallis family and how does Ned feel about having a housekeeper?
4. How does Ned feel about having a meal with a family in his father's congregation?
5. What has Ned noticed about Mrs. Scallop's underlying emotion and of whom does she remind Ned?
6. Where does Uncle Hilary want to take Ned over Christmas vacation and how does Ned initially feel about the idea?
7. Why does the Wallis family gather downstairs during the night?
8. Briefly describe Evie Kimball and her family.
9. What impression does Ned receive on his way back from shooting the rifle and of what does that remind Ned?
10. Describe a typical routine for Ned and Mr. Scully when Ned is over there.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)