|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned refrain from saying to his mother?
(a) Anything about taking the rifle out late at night.
(b) That he wishes she wouldn't say anything about his voice.
(c) That the girl is mean to Ned.
(d) That his uncle doesn't act like he likes Ned.
2. What emotion seems to be just below the surface of Mrs. Scallop?
3. What does Mr. Scully never use?
4. Where does Ned walk by where his mother used to keep her horse?
(a) The old stable near the lake.
(b) Stables on what is now someone else's property.
(c) The back pasture.
(d) The old barn.
5. How old is Ned when his mother becomes ill?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ned feel safe?
2. What does Mr. Scully use for lighting?
3. What does Hilary give Ned for his birthday?
4. What magazine does Ned love?
5. Why does Ned feel sad for Mr. Scully?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ned feel concerned about his mama and when did this start?
2. What animal do Ned and Mr. Scully watch from the window and what does Ned do for the animal?
3. What does Ned's father instruct Ned about being a guest for supper at the Brewsters, and why does his father say that?
4. Who is the current housekeeper in the Wallis family and how does Ned feel about having a housekeeper?
5. What confuses Ned about Mrs. Scallop?
6. To whom does Ned deliver mail and a newspaper every day and why does Ned do so?
7. What is the first lie Ned has ever told his mama?
8. What is Mr. Scully's relationship like with his daughter Doris?
9. How does Mrs. Scallop upset Ned about his birth and what does his mother say about it?
10. What does Ned think Mr. Scully needs, and how does Ned feel about that?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)