|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned believe about his mother and Hilary?
(a) They are both pranksters.
(b) They can read minds.
(c) They have a special understanding.
(d) They have nothing in common.
2. Who is Hilary?
(a) Ned's across-the-street neighbor.
(b) Ned's uncle.
(c) Ned's grandfather.
(d) Ned's cousin.
3. How does Mrs. Scallop often refer to herself?
(a) With a different name.
(b) In the second person.
(c) As God's servant.
(d) In the third person.
4. When does he want to take Ned?
(a) During Spring break.
(b) Just before planting time.
(c) Over Christmas vacation.
(d) After fall harvest.
5. How many housekeepers has the Wallis family had, including the present one?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully say comes into his yard regularly?
2. Of what does Ned feel a little jealous?
3. What is on Ned's mind constantly?
4. What does Ned leave out on the porch at Mr. Scully's?
5. Where do Ned and his father eat supper on the Sunday before Ned's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does Ned deliver mail and a newspaper every day and why does Ned do so?
2. What does Ned remember about life before his Mama becomes ill?
3. Briefly describe Evie Kimball and her family.
4. How does Ned think his father would react if he knew about Ned taking the rifle out late at night and shooting it, contrary to Mr. Willis' orders?
5. Where was Ned's favorite place to walk when he was very young?
6. What impression does Ned receive on his way back from shooting the rifle and of what does that remind Ned?
7. Describe a typical routine for Ned and Mr. Scully when Ned is over there.
8. How is Ned's birthday celebrated in his classroom?
9. What is the date and location of the setting for "One-Eyed Cat", and what is the significance of the time period?
10. Describe a couple souvenirs Ned has received from his uncle Hilary?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)