|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ned feel guilty when he is watching out the window with Mr. Scully?
(a) He knows his mother would love to be able to be outdoors with him.
(b) The robin's one wing looks clipped.
(c) The cat only has one eye.
(d) The one jay's foot is mangled.
2. For whom are the turkey scraps that Ned saves?
(a) Evelyn Kimball's dog.
(b) Mr. Scully's old dog.
(c) The neighbor's new puppy.
(d) The one-eye cat.
3. What does Ned wish about visiting his mother?
(a) That it wasn't so glum.
(b) He could do so whenever he wants.
(c) That she didn't ask him about school.
(d) That she didn't ask him so many questions.
4. What does Mr. Scully give Ned for Ned's birthday?
(a) A comic book.
(b) A piece of soapstone carved with Chinese characters.
(c) A carving knife.
(d) A whistle.
5. What does Ned clear out of Mr. Scully's attic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the Brewster's lifestyle?
2. What does Ned imagine as he is outside at night?
3. What does Mrs. Scallop tell Ned about his birth?
4. When does he want to take Ned?
5. What does Ned do as his father pays the visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Ned find Mr. Scully one afternoon and what does Ned do?
2. What changes take place for the Kimball family?
3. Where does Uncle Hilary want to take Ned over Christmas vacation and how does Ned initially feel about the idea?
4. What does Mama tell Ned about something she did when Ned was three?
5. What confuses Ned about Mrs. Scallop?
6. What is Mama's good news and how does Ned respond?
7. What do Billy and Ned hope for this year's winter season?
8. What do Ned and his friends discuss on the way to school and how does Ned make Evelyn feel a little flustered?
9. How does Ned think his father would react if he knew about Ned taking the rifle out late at night and shooting it, contrary to Mr. Willis' orders?
10. Why does the Wallis family gather downstairs during the night?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)