|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom is Ned often confused?
(a) His best friend.
(b) Mrs. Scallop.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. What does Ned's father not understand about Mr. Kimball?
(a) Why he does not discipline his children.
(b) How he affords to feed such a large family.
(c) Why is treats his wife so poorly.
(d) Why he travels out of town so much.
3. Where do Ned and his father eat supper on the Sunday before Ned's birthday?
(a) The Thortons.
(b) The Brewsters.
(c) At a diner.
(d) At home for once.
4. About what does Ned worry when he gets back to his room with his presents?
(a) If his father will get back in time for his birthday dinner.
(b) If he was seen the night before out with the rifle.
(c) If his mother got too tired during the birthday celebration.
(d) If his brother will have to leave again for the Army.
5. What do many people lose during the Great Depression?
(a) Their motivation.
(b) Their homes.
(d) Their ability to travel extensively.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ned decide about Charleston?
2. What does Mr. Scully make homemade?
3. Of what is Ned afraid if his dad learns of the rifle incident?
4. What does James Wallis tell his son to refrain from when at the Brewster's home?
5. What does Evie Kimball's father do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Wallis family gather downstairs during the night?
2. Why does Ned feel concerned about his mama and when did this start?
3. What does Ned's mama give Ned for his birthday and what embarrasses Ned after a question she asks him?
4. What does Ned do in the night after his parents and Uncle Hilary have gone to bed?
5. What do Ned and his friends discuss on the way to school and how does Ned make Evelyn feel a little flustered?
6. What does Ned's uncle Hilary give Ned for his birthday and why is Ned's father upset?
7. What confuses Ned about Mrs. Scallop?
8. Where was Ned's favorite place to walk when he was very young?
9. What impression does Ned receive on his way back from shooting the rifle and of what does that remind Ned?
10. What is the date and location of the setting for "One-Eyed Cat", and what is the significance of the time period?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)