|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned wish about visiting his mother?
(a) That she didn't ask him about school.
(b) That she didn't ask him so many questions.
(c) That it wasn't so glum.
(d) He could do so whenever he wants.
2. How many siblings does Ned have?
3. Where does Doris live?
(a) Out West.
(b) In a neighboring town.
4. What does Ned refrain from saying to his mother?
(a) That his uncle doesn't act like he likes Ned.
(b) Anything about taking the rifle out late at night.
(c) That the girl is mean to Ned.
(d) That he wishes she wouldn't say anything about his voice.
5. What does Mr. Scully give Ned for Ned's birthday?
(a) A piece of soapstone carved with Chinese characters.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A carving knife.
(d) A comic book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of potatoes does Mrs. Brewster serve?
2. Why does Ned feel safe?
3. Where does Ned and his father visit a parishioner years before?
4. Who are Evelyn Kimball, Janet Hoffman, and Billy Gaskell?
5. From what book does Ned's teacher read in honor of Ned's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first lie Ned has ever told his mama?
2. What does Ned's father instruct Ned about being a guest for supper at the Brewsters, and why does his father say that?
3. Briefly describe Evie Kimball and her family.
4. With whom do Ned and his father have Sunday dinner and what is served?
5. What had Ned's father told him about the Daisy air rifle and how does Ned comply?
6. Describe Ned Wallis.
7. Who is the current housekeeper in the Wallis family and how does Ned feel about having a housekeeper?
8. Where does Uncle Hilary want to take Ned over Christmas vacation and how does Ned initially feel about the idea?
9. What does Ned remember about life before his Mama becomes ill?
10. What disconcerting statement does Mrs. Scallop say about Ned's birthday candles and what does she give Ned for his birthday?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)