|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hilary?
(a) Ned's uncle.
(b) Ned's cousin.
(c) Ned's across-the-street neighbor.
(d) Ned's grandfather.
2. Why is Ned particularly excited about traveling with Hilary?
(a) He gets to do something that his sister does not.
(b) Ned has never traveled before.
(c) He gets to do something that his brother does not.
(d) He can backpack in the mountains.
3. What does Mama mention that embarrasses Ned?
(a) His changing voice.
(b) The air rifle.
(c) A girl in his school.
(d) His uncle's high regard for Ned.
4. How old is Ned when his mother becomes ill?
5. In what country does Hilary buy a butterfly enclosed in glass?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully make homemade?
2. What does Ned wish about visiting his mother?
3. What did Ned feel on the day of the visit with his father years ago that he felt when he went out in the night?
4. What does Ned have trouble doing that his father told him to do?
5. What is on Ned's mind constantly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a couple souvenirs Ned has received from his uncle Hilary?
2. What do Ned and his friends discuss on the way to school and how does Ned make Evelyn feel a little flustered?
3. How is Ned's birthday celebrated in his classroom?
4. With whom do Ned and his father have Sunday dinner and what is served?
5. Describe a typical routine for Ned and Mr. Scully when Ned is over there.
6. What confuses Ned about Mrs. Scallop?
7. Describe Ned Wallis.
8. What has Ned noticed about Mrs. Scallop's underlying emotion and of whom does she remind Ned?
9. To whom does Ned deliver mail and a newspaper every day and why does Ned do so?
10. What does Ned remember about life before his Mama becomes ill?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)