|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Evie Kimball's father do?
(b) Brick layer.
2. What does Mr. Scully make homemade?
(a) Applesauce and bread.
3. What does Mr. Scully say he does regularly now?
(a) Feeds the one-eyed cat.
(b) Bakes biscuits.
(c) Sees his dead son's ghost.
(d) Writes his daughter.
4. What does Hilary give Ned for his birthday?
(a) A practice sword.
(b) A Daisy air rifle.
(c) A model airplane.
(d) A model car.
5. What does Ned lose interest in after using it once?
(a) The model airplane.
(b) The sword.
(c) The rifle.
(d) The model car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Kimball do?
2. Where does Ned and his father visit a parishioner years before?
3. Who is Mrs. Scallop?
4. Why does Ned feel sad for Mr. Scully?
5. Who brings cookies and apples to Ned's class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ned do in the night after his parents and Uncle Hilary have gone to bed?
2. Describe a typical routine for Ned and Mr. Scully when Ned is over there.
3. How does Mrs. Scallop upset Ned about his birth and what does his mother say about it?
4. What has Ned noticed about Mrs. Scallop's underlying emotion and of whom does she remind Ned?
5. What is the first lie Ned has ever told his mama?
6. Describe a couple souvenirs Ned has received from his uncle Hilary?
7. Why does the Wallis family gather downstairs during the night?
8. Describe a couple things about Mr. Scully that makes him seem eccentric.
9. Where was Ned's favorite place to walk when he was very young?
10. Briefly describe Evie Kimball and her family.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)