|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doris send Mr. Scully about once a month?
(a) Pictures of her and the family.
(b) A postcard.
(c) A box of cookies.
(d) A long letter.
2. Who does Ned like to visit regularly?
(a) The neighbor at the end of the block.
(b) His mother.
(c) The sexton at the church.
(d) His cousins who live about a mile away.
3. How many siblings does Ned have?
4. What does Mr. Scully make homemade?
(a) Applesauce and bread.
5. How does Mrs. Scallop often refer to herself?
(a) With a different name.
(b) As God's servant.
(c) In the third person.
(d) In the second person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ned fluster Evelyn?
2. What does Ned clear out of Mr. Scully's attic?
3. What does Ned decide about Charleston?
4. What does Ned imagine as he is outside at night?
5. Who is Mrs. Scallop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ned's birthday celebrated in his classroom?
2. What confuses Ned about Mrs. Scallop?
3. Why does Ned feel concerned about his mama and when did this start?
4. How does Ned feel about having a meal with a family in his father's congregation?
5. What does Ned do in the night after his parents and Uncle Hilary have gone to bed?
6. Describe a typical routine for Ned and Mr. Scully when Ned is over there.
7. What had Ned's father told him about the Daisy air rifle and how does Ned comply?
8. Briefly describe Evie Kimball and her family.
9. How does Mrs. Scallop upset Ned about his birth and what does his mother say about it?
10. What is the first lie Ned has ever told his mama?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)