|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the Brewster's lifestyle?
(a) It is extravagant for the money the family has.
(b) Typical middle class.
(c) Very high class and ostentatious but they can afford it.
(d) They are very poor.
2. What does Ned believe about his mother and Hilary?
(a) They can read minds.
(b) They are both pranksters.
(c) They have nothing in common.
(d) They have a special understanding.
3. What does Mrs. Kimball do?
(a) A practical nurse.
(b) A stay-at-home housewife.
(c) A domestic helper.
(d) A school teacher.
4. For whom are the turkey scraps that Ned saves?
(a) Evelyn Kimball's dog.
(b) Mr. Scully's old dog.
(c) The neighbor's new puppy.
(d) The one-eye cat.
5. What does Ned leave out on the porch at Mr. Scully's?
(a) Bird seed.
(b) Bread and milk.
(c) A rat trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings cookies and apples to Ned's class?
2. Of what is Ned afraid if his dad learns of the rifle incident?
3. What does Ned refrain from saying to his mother?
4. What does Evelyn Kimball say she saw when Ned and his friends are talking?
5. Where does Ned get the bronze goat he has in his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ned do in the night after his parents and Uncle Hilary have gone to bed?
2. Describe a typical routine for Ned and Mr. Scully when Ned is over there.
3. What does Ned's father instruct Ned about being a guest for supper at the Brewsters, and why does his father say that?
4. Describe a couple souvenirs Ned has received from his uncle Hilary?
5. Describe Ned Wallis.
6. What had Ned's father told him about the Daisy air rifle and how does Ned comply?
7. What does Ned's mama give Ned for his birthday and what embarrasses Ned after a question she asks him?
8. What is the first lie Ned has ever told his mama?
9. Where was Ned's favorite place to walk when he was very young?
10. What confuses Ned about Mrs. Scallop?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)