|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area of the country does Ned and his family live?
(a) The coastal region of Georgia.
(b) The Pochonos.
(c) The Hudson River Valley.
(d) The Appalachians of Kentucky.
2. What does Evie Kimball's father do?
(b) Brick layer.
3. What does the narrator say about Mr. Scully's bed?
(a) He only uses one sheet.
(b) He sleeps on the floor.
(c) His bed is four feet high.
(d) He never uses sheets.
4. What did Ned feel on the day of the visit with his father years ago that he felt when he went out in the night?
(a) That he was older than his father realized.
(b) That he was never going to understand his father.
(c) That life was far beyond his comprehension.
(d) That he was being watched.
5. Who does Ned knows that lives in New York City?
(a) His maternal grandmother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His great-aunt.
(d) His great-grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does James say Ned can have his present?
2. What does Evelyn Kimball say she saw when Ned and his friends are talking?
3. What is one chore Ned does for Mr. Scully?
4. Who has cake and lemonade in Ned's mother's room?
5. What does Mrs. Scallop sometimes lapse into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Ned's favorite place to walk when he was very young?
2. How does Ned feel about having a meal with a family in his father's congregation?
3. What does Ned's mama give Ned for his birthday and what embarrasses Ned after a question she asks him?
4. Describe Ned Wallis.
5. Why does Ned feel concerned about his mama and when did this start?
6. What do Ned and his friends discuss on the way to school and how does Ned make Evelyn feel a little flustered?
7. What confuses Ned about Mrs. Scallop?
8. How does Ned think his father would react if he knew about Ned taking the rifle out late at night and shooting it, contrary to Mr. Willis' orders?
9. With whom do Ned and his father have Sunday dinner and what is served?
10. What animal do Ned and Mr. Scully watch from the window and what does Ned do for the animal?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)