|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ned and his father eat supper on the Sunday before Ned's birthday?
(a) At a diner.
(b) The Brewsters.
(c) The Thortons.
(d) At home for once.
2. Why is Ned particularly excited about traveling with Hilary?
(a) He gets to do something that his sister does not.
(b) He gets to do something that his brother does not.
(c) Ned has never traveled before.
(d) He can backpack in the mountains.
3. What does Ned notice about the things Doris sent for the last three months?
(a) They are stale.
(b) They all have the same picture on them.
(c) The pictures in the letters do not include Doris herself.
(d) They are addressed in a very shaky handwriting.
4. How old is Mr. Scully?
(a) About 80.
(b) About 55.
(c) About 95.
(d) About 70.
5. What does Ned refrain from saying to his mother?
(a) Anything about taking the rifle out late at night.
(b) That the girl is mean to Ned.
(c) That his uncle doesn't act like he likes Ned.
(d) That he wishes she wouldn't say anything about his voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Doris live?
2. Of what does Ned feel a little jealous?
3. What does Ned think of his present from Mrs. Scallop?
4. When does James say Ned can have his present?
5. Why does Ned not like dining with members of the congregation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ned Wallis.
2. What has Ned noticed about Mrs. Scallop's underlying emotion and of whom does she remind Ned?
3. What does Ned do in the night after his parents and Uncle Hilary have gone to bed?
4. What confuses Ned about Mrs. Scallop?
5. With whom do Ned and his father have Sunday dinner and what is served?
6. What impression does Ned receive on his way back from shooting the rifle and of what does that remind Ned?
7. To whom does Ned deliver mail and a newspaper every day and why does Ned do so?
8. Briefly describe Evie Kimball and her family.
9. What does Ned's mama give Ned for his birthday and what embarrasses Ned after a question she asks him?
10. How is Ned's birthday celebrated in his classroom?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)