|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ned knows that lives in New York City?
(a) His maternal grandmother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His great-aunt.
(d) His great-grandmother.
2. What does Ned lose interest in after using it once?
(a) The model airplane.
(b) The model car.
(c) The rifle.
(d) The sword.
3. Why does Ned not mind listening to Mr. Scully ramble?
(a) Mr. Scully is likeable.
(b) He gives Ned money.
(c) He does not know he is rambling.
(d) He knows a lot about exotic countries.
4. What does Ned think of his present from Mrs. Scallop?
(a) That the shoulders are too big.
(b) That it's horrible.
(c) That the fingers are too short.
(d) That the colors are nice.
5. What does Evelyn Kimball say she saw when Ned and his friends are talking?
(a) A bear.
(b) A panther.
(c) The one-eyed cat.
(d) Her best friend kissing a boy down the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the family sleep downstairs one night?
2. What does the narrator say about Mr. Scully's bed?
3. Who does Ned like to visit regularly?
4. What does Ned's father not understand about Mr. Kimball?
5. What has Ned's father installed on the house for protection?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disconcerting statement does Mrs. Scallop say about Ned's birthday candles and what does she give Ned for his birthday?
2. Describe a couple things about Mr. Scully that makes him seem eccentric.
3. What impression does Ned receive on his way back from shooting the rifle and of what does that remind Ned?
4. What does Ned think Mr. Scully needs, and how does Ned feel about that?
5. Describe a couple souvenirs Ned has received from his uncle Hilary?
6. What does Ned's father instruct Ned about being a guest for supper at the Brewsters, and why does his father say that?
7. What is Mr. Scully's relationship like with his daughter Doris?
8. Who is the current housekeeper in the Wallis family and how does Ned feel about having a housekeeper?
9. To whom does Ned deliver mail and a newspaper every day and why does Ned do so?
10. What do Ned and his friends discuss on the way to school and how does Ned make Evelyn feel a little flustered?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)