|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned do as his father pays the visit?
(a) Sits quietly in a chair.
(b) Plays outside.
(c) Sits in the car.
(d) In the nurses's station.
2. For how long has Ned's mother been ill?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) Most of her life.
3. Why does Ned think his father will be upset with him?
(a) If Ned says he does not want to go with Hilary.
(b) If Ned refuses to take the safety class.
(c) If his father learns of his night visit to the woods.
(d) If his father learns that he intentionally broke his sister's doll.
4. To whom had the present once belonged?
(a) Mama's cousin.
(b) No one.
(c) Ned's grandfather.
(d) Mama's brother.
5. Why is James Willis upset with Hilary?
(a) James is not upset with Hilary.
(b) James thinks Hilary makes James look bad.
(c) James thinks Ned's birthday gift is not appropriate.
(d) James wishes Hilary would not waste money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully give Ned for Ned's birthday?
2. What does Mrs. Scallop tell Ned about his birth?
3. Why does Ned not mind listening to Mr. Scully ramble?
4. What does Mr. Scully make homemade?
5. About whom is Ned often confused?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a couple souvenirs Ned has received from his uncle Hilary?
2. What is the first lie Ned has ever told his mama?
3. Where was Ned's favorite place to walk when he was very young?
4. How does Ned feel about having a meal with a family in his father's congregation?
5. Why does Ned feel concerned about his mama and when did this start?
6. Where does Uncle Hilary want to take Ned over Christmas vacation and how does Ned initially feel about the idea?
7. What animal do Ned and Mr. Scully watch from the window and what does Ned do for the animal?
8. What does Ned do in the night after his parents and Uncle Hilary have gone to bed?
9. What impression does Ned receive on his way back from shooting the rifle and of what does that remind Ned?
10. Describe a typical routine for Ned and Mr. Scully when Ned is over there.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)