|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many siblings does Ned have?
2. What does Ned think of his present from Mrs. Scallop?
(a) That the shoulders are too big.
(b) That the colors are nice.
(c) That it's horrible.
(d) That the fingers are too short.
3. What does Ned believe about his mother and Hilary?
(a) They have a special understanding.
(b) They have nothing in common.
(c) They are both pranksters.
(d) They can read minds.
4. How old is Mr. Scully?
(a) About 70.
(b) About 80.
(c) About 55.
(d) About 95.
5. What does the narrator say about the Brewster's lifestyle?
(a) Typical middle class.
(b) They are very poor.
(c) Very high class and ostentatious but they can afford it.
(d) It is extravagant for the money the family has.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ned go after the household is in bed?
2. About what does Ned lie to his mama?
3. Where do Ned and his father eat supper on the Sunday before Ned's birthday?
4. In what area of the country does Ned and his family live?
5. What is Powerful Katinka?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Ned's father told him about the Daisy air rifle and how does Ned comply?
2. To whom does Ned deliver mail and a newspaper every day and why does Ned do so?
3. What has Ned noticed about Mrs. Scallop's underlying emotion and of whom does she remind Ned?
4. What confuses Ned about Mrs. Scallop?
5. Where was Ned's favorite place to walk when he was very young?
6. What does Ned's uncle Hilary give Ned for his birthday and why is Ned's father upset?
7. What does Ned remember about life before his Mama becomes ill?
8. With whom do Ned and his father have Sunday dinner and what is served?
9. What impression does Ned receive on his way back from shooting the rifle and of what does that remind Ned?
10. Briefly describe Evie Kimball and her family.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)