|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on Ned's mind constantly?
(a) A bully at school who keeps harassing Ned.
(b) His father's desire for him to become a minister.
(c) His mother's illness.
(d) His firing the air rifle.
2. What does Ned wish about visiting his mother?
(a) That she didn't ask him about school.
(b) That it wasn't so glum.
(c) That she didn't ask him so many questions.
(d) He could do so whenever he wants.
3. What does Evelyn Kimball say she saw when Ned and his friends are talking?
(a) The one-eyed cat.
(b) A panther.
(c) A bear.
(d) Her best friend kissing a boy down the street.
4. Who does Ned like to visit regularly?
(a) His mother.
(b) His cousins who live about a mile away.
(c) The sexton at the church.
(d) The neighbor at the end of the block.
5. Why is Ned particularly excited about traveling with Hilary?
(a) He gets to do something that his sister does not.
(b) Ned has never traveled before.
(c) He can backpack in the mountains.
(d) He gets to do something that his brother does not.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doris send Mr. Scully about once a month?
2. What emotion seems to be just below the surface of Mrs. Scallop?
3. About what does Ned worry when he gets back to his room with his presents?
4. What does James Wallis tell his son to refrain from when at the Brewster's home?
5. Why does Ned not like dining with members of the congregation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ned feel concerned about his mama and when did this start?
2. What do Billy and Ned hope for this year's winter season?
3. What is Mama's good news and how does Ned respond?
4. What does Ned think Mr. Scully needs, and how does Ned feel about that?
5. What does Ned remember about life before his Mama becomes ill?
6. What does Ned's mama "confess" to Ned?
7. What happens on the first day December and what does Ned see?
8. What changes take place for the Kimball family?
9. To whom does Ned deliver mail and a newspaper every day and why does Ned do so?
10. What changes does Ned find at Mr. Scully's home one day?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)