|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully say he does regularly now?
(a) Sees his dead son's ghost.
(b) Bakes biscuits.
(c) Writes his daughter.
(d) Feeds the one-eyed cat.
2. What has Ned's father installed on the house for protection?
(a) Lightening rods.
(b) Bars on the windows.
(c) Nothing; the town is quite safe.
(d) Door locks.
3. What does Ned think of his present from Mrs. Scallop?
(a) That the colors are nice.
(b) That the fingers are too short.
(c) That it's horrible.
(d) That the shoulders are too big.
4. What does Mama mention that embarrasses Ned?
(a) The air rifle.
(b) His uncle's high regard for Ned.
(c) His changing voice.
(d) A girl in his school.
5. What does Mrs. Scallop tell Ned about his birth?
(a) It was very easy for his mama.
(b) It brought on Mama's rheumatism.
(c) She knows nothing about Ned's birth.
(d) It was a very stormy night when Ned arrived.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ned knows that lives in New York City?
2. What is Powerful Katinka?
3. What does Ned refrain from saying to his mother?
4. Why does Ned not mind listening to Mr. Scully ramble?
5. What does Ned wish about visiting his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is one place Uncle Hilary suggests he and Ned might want to visit on Christmas break?
2. Why does Ned feel concerned about his mama and when did this start?
3. How does Mrs. Scallop upset Ned about his birth and what does his mother say about it?
4. Who is the current housekeeper in the Wallis family and how does Ned feel about having a housekeeper?
5. What does Ned remember about life before his Mama becomes ill?
6. After he recovers from his illness, where does Ned often go and what does he do there?
7. What is Mama's good news and how does Ned respond?
8. What does Ned do in the night after his parents and Uncle Hilary have gone to bed?
9. How does the fight end?
10. Describe a typical routine for Ned and Mr. Scully when Ned is over there.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)