|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ned like to visit regularly?
(a) The neighbor at the end of the block.
(b) The sexton at the church.
(c) His cousins who live about a mile away.
(d) His mother.
2. Who has cake and lemonade in Ned's mother's room?
(a) Ned and his older brother who comes home for the ocassion.
(b) Just Ned and Mrs. Scallop as his father has been called out to a death.
(c) Papa, Ned and Mrs. Scallop.
(d) Just Ned as his father has been called out to a death.
3. Why does Ned not like dining with members of the congregation?
(a) He has to sit with the children in the family.
(b) It makes him feel homeless.
(c) He has to eat anything he is served.
(d) He has to wear a tie.
4. What does Ned decide about Charleston?
(a) He wants to go but not until the summer.
(b) He wants to go but only for the day.
(c) He does not want to go.
(d) He will do whatever his father tells him to do.
5. What does Evelyn Kimball say she saw when Ned and his friends are talking?
(a) A panther.
(b) A bear.
(c) Her best friend kissing a boy down the street.
(d) The one-eyed cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Powerful Katinka?
2. What does Mrs. Scallop give Ned for his birthday?
3. What does Ned wish about visiting his mother?
4. What does Mr. Scully use for lighting?
5. What does Hilary give Ned for his birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a couple things about Mr. Scully that makes him seem eccentric.
2. What does Ned do in the night after his parents and Uncle Hilary have gone to bed?
3. Where does Uncle Hilary want to take Ned over Christmas vacation and how does Ned initially feel about the idea?
4. What had Ned's father told him about the Daisy air rifle and how does Ned comply?
5. Describe a couple souvenirs Ned has received from his uncle Hilary?
6. What do Ned and his friends discuss on the way to school and how does Ned make Evelyn feel a little flustered?
7. Where was Ned's favorite place to walk when he was very young?
8. What confuses Ned about Mrs. Scallop?
9. What is the first lie Ned has ever told his mama?
10. How does Ned feel about having a meal with a family in his father's congregation?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)