|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully never use?
2. What does Mrs. Scallop give Ned for his birthday?
(a) A hat she knitted.
(b) A pair of gloves she knitted.
(c) A sweater she knitted.
(d) A handmade rug.
3. How does Mrs. Scallop often refer to herself?
(a) In the third person.
(b) With a different name.
(c) As God's servant.
(d) In the second person.
4. What does Ned do as his father pays the visit?
(a) Sits in the car.
(b) Plays outside.
(c) In the nurses's station.
(d) Sits quietly in a chair.
5. When does he want to take Ned?
(a) During Spring break.
(b) Just before planting time.
(c) After fall harvest.
(d) Over Christmas vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully use for lighting?
2. In what area of the country does Ned and his family live?
3. Why is Ned particularly excited about traveling with Hilary?
4. What does Evie Kimball's father do?
5. What does Mrs. Kimball do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confuses Ned about Mrs. Scallop?
2. What is Mr. Scully's relationship like with his daughter Doris?
3. What has Ned noticed about Mrs. Scallop's underlying emotion and of whom does she remind Ned?
4. What disconcerting statement does Mrs. Scallop say about Ned's birthday candles and what does she give Ned for his birthday?
5. What animal do Ned and Mr. Scully watch from the window and what does Ned do for the animal?
6. What had Ned's father told him about the Daisy air rifle and how does Ned comply?
7. Where was Ned's favorite place to walk when he was very young?
8. Why does Ned feel concerned about his mama and when did this start?
9. Describe a typical routine for Ned and Mr. Scully when Ned is over there.
10. What does Ned's father instruct Ned about being a guest for supper at the Brewsters, and why does his father say that?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)