Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned avoid approaching?
(a) One of the town bullies.
(b) A broken water main.
(c) The grave where his grandfather is buried.
(d) The cat on the icebox.
2. What does Ned think about Mr. Scully when he goes to see him one day?
(a) Mr. Scully talks more than usual.
(b) Mr. Scully is very fragile.
(c) Mr. Scully seems to be somewhere else.
(d) Mr. Scully seems much stronger.
3. Where does Hilary suggest taking a ferry?
(a) An island where wild ponies live.
(b) To an island which is inhabited by many varieties of fox.
(c) An island that has many exotic birds.
(d) He actually says the ferry no longer runs.
4. How does Ned help Janet?
(a) He cleans the chalkboards everyday.
(b) He tells her about the one-eyed cat.
(c) He sweeps out the basement.
(d) He picks up her books she dropped.
5. What does Evelyn get as a result of her father earning more money?
(a) Drawing materials.
(d) A new hat.
6. What type of arthritis does Mama have?
(a) Lupus arthritis.
(c) Psoriatic arthritis.
7. What does Ned feel about himself?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is changing.
(d) He is sad.
8. How are Mama's treatments working?
(b) Not too well.
(c) Not at all.
(d) It's too early to tell.
9. From where does an ambulance have to come?
(c) Oak Hill.
10. When does a heavy snow fall in Chapter V?
(a) It does not snow, which is unusual.
(b) On Thanksgiving day.
(c) On the first of December.
(d) On Christmas day.
11. Who is Billy Gaskell?
(a) Ned's best friend.
(b) Janet's son.
(c) Ned's second cousin.
(d) A boy who calls Ned a mean name.
12. What does Mr. Scully tell Ned about the one-eyed cat?
(a) That it has recovered.
(b) That it is dead.
(c) That it had kittens.
(d) That it has disappeared.
13. What does Ned figure his father will begin doing?
(a) Taking over Sunday services for another preacher who just died.
(b) Teaching Ned how to drive the tractor.
(c) Driving his mother to the doctor in the city.
(d) Picking up Mr. Scully's groceries.
14. What does Papa notice when he and Ned are trimming the Christmas tree?
(a) Ned's mother is happy.
(b) Ned is feverish.
(c) Ned has outgrown is new pants.
15. Why does Mrs. Scallop cry?
(a) Her daughter is ill.
(b) Ned snaps at her.
(c) Her mother died a year ago that day.
(d) She is not feeling well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Ned about the one-eyed cat?
2. What does Ned notice leading up to the shed?
3. What does Ned find as he sits at his secret place and looks out at the countryside?
4. Who arrives where Ned is sitting?
5. What does Mr. Scully promise to continue doing?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)