|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ned go out for a walk?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Early morning.
(c) On a moonlit night.
(d) Early evening.
2. What does Ned do on the veranda at the place he visits?
(b) Plays with his toy soldiers.
3. Where is Ned spending a great deal of time after he recovers?
(a) Mr. Scully's house.
(b) The Kimball home.
(c) The Makepeace mansion.
(d) His bedroom.
4. What has gone from Mr. Scully's house?
(a) The old coonskin cap.
(b) The "for sale" sign.
(c) Mr. Scully's buggy.
(d) The leather portfolio.
5. Where does Ned go after he finds Mr. Scully?
(a) To the police station.
(c) To the church.
(d) To the Kimball house.
6. Where does Evelyn Kimball's father work?
(a) A mine.
(b) A junkyard.
(c) A garage.
(d) A grocery store.
7. What does the Wallis family receive in the mail?
(a) A refund from the government.
(b) A check from Papa's great aunt who dies.
(c) Another exciting letter from Hilary.
(d) A check from Mama's great aunt who dies.
8. What does Ned learn from Doris?
(a) That Mr. Scully's sister is coming to live in the house.
(b) That Mr. Scully is moving out to live with Doris.
(c) That Doris is moving back into the house.
(d) That Mr. Scully's house is going up for sale.
9. What does Mr. Scully promise to continue doing?
(a) Keep Ned doing chores and paying him.
(b) Feed the cat.
(c) Taking his medicine.
(d) Write his daughter.
10. After Ned apologizes and goes to his room, about what does he worry?
(a) Mrs. Scallop.
(b) The upcoming vacation.
(d) The cat and his mom.
11. What type of arthritis does Mama have?
(b) Lupus arthritis.
(d) Psoriatic arthritis.
12. What does Ned tell his mother about Christmas vacation?
(a) He wants her to go, too.
(b) He is really excited about the pony island.
(c) He is really excited about the fox island.
(d) He does not want to go with his uncle.
13. From where does an ambulance have to come?
(a) Oak Hill.
14. When does a heavy snow fall in Chapter V?
(a) On the first of December.
(b) It does not snow, which is unusual.
(c) On Thanksgiving day.
(d) On Christmas day.
15. What does Ned and his mother see?
(a) A white dog.
(b) Mr. Scully's ghost.
(c) A shooting star.
(d) The one-eyed cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What still worries Ned after he returns home from Mr. Scully's house?
2. What does Ned realize about Mr. Scully and Ned's confession?
3. What What does Mr. Scully instruct Ned to throw out?
4. What does Ned's mother remind Ned to do?
5. What topic does Ned's mother ask Ned about which he does not answer?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)