|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned's mother remind Ned to do?
(a) Accept the bad.
(b) Accept the good.
(d) Become what he wants.
2. Where does he go on his walk?
(a) The garden.
(b) The Makepeace mansion.
(c) The front pasture.
(d) The woods where he shot the air rifle.
3. What does Ned notice about Evelyn's attitude?
(a) It is more grown up.
(b) It has not changed.
(c) It is snotty.
(d) It is coy.
4. What scares Ned a little about his mama?
(a) Her weight loss.
(b) Her depression.
(c) Her failure to respond to the new treatment.
(d) Her happiness.
5. What do Ned and Billy discuss?
(a) Learning to speed skate.
(b) Making the baseball team in the Spring.
(c) Going to a school dance.
(d) The possibility of playing hockey with the bigger boys.
6. What does Ned know about Mr. Scully and the man's house?
(a) Mr. Scully will probably not be returning home.
(b) Mr. Scully loves to be in his own house.
(c) Mr. Scully built the house himself.
(d) Mr. Scully signed the house over to his daughter.
7. Where does Ned go to visit?
(a) An art museum with his class.
(b) To Evelyn's grandmother's house with Evelyn.
(c) The State capitol with his class.
(d) Mr. Scully in the nursing home.
8. What is different about the letter Ned receives from his uncle?
(a) It is a postcard inside an envelope.
(b) It is postmarked in Italy.
(c) It is typed.
(d) It is addressed directly to him.
9. How are Mama's treatments working?
(b) Not too well.
(c) Not at all.
(d) It's too early to tell.
10. When does Ned go out for a walk?
(a) Early evening.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) On a moonlit night.
(d) Early morning.
11. To whom does Ned apologize?
(a) His father.
(b) Mrs. Scully.
(c) His teacher.
(d) His mother.
12. Where does Ned do after-school chores?
(a) At home.
(b) The school.
(c) Mr. Scully's house.
(d) The church.
13. What does Ned learn from Doris?
(a) That Mr. Scully's sister is coming to live in the house.
(b) That Mr. Scully's house is going up for sale.
(c) That Doris is moving back into the house.
(d) That Mr. Scully is moving out to live with Doris.
14. Where does Ned go after he finds Mr. Scully?
(a) To the Kimball house.
(b) To the church.
(c) To the police station.
15. What happens when Ned and his papa return home after a visit to Mr. Scully?
(a) Mama is very ill.
(b) The one-eyed cat is dead on their driveway.
(c) Mr. Scully's sister has moved into Mr. Scully's house.
(d) Doris has moved into Mr. Scully's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ned spending a great deal of time after he recovers?
2. What does Papa notice when he and Ned are trimming the Christmas tree?
3. What does the Wallis family receive in the mail?
4. Where is Hilary going to visit?
5. Where does Ned find Mr. Scully one day?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)