|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Evelyn get as a result of her father earning more money?
(a) Drawing materials.
(b) A new hat.
2. How does Ned believe Mr. Scully responds to Ned's confession?
(a) Mr. Scully understands and forgives Ned.
(b) Mr. Scully thinks Ned is being too hard on himself.
(c) Mr. Scully seems angry about it.
(d) Mr. Scully does not know what Ned is saying.
3. What does Ned admit to Mr. Scully on another trip to see the man?
(a) That Ned is afraid of death.
(b) That Ned is afraid of his mother dying.
(c) That Ned shot the cat and put out its eye.
(d) That Ned does not ever want to shoot the rifle again.
4. How do Mama and Papa feel about what she tells Ned?
(d) They do not tell Ned anything.
5. What does Ned realize about Mr. Scully and Ned's confession?
(a) Mr. Scully believes the rifle is not Ned's problem.
(b) Mr. Scully is the only person who knows what Ned did.
(c) Mr. Scully thinks Ned's mother is wonderful.
(d) Mr. Scully might also be afraid of dying.
6. Where does Ned find the one-eyed cat?
(a) Under the front porch.
(b) In the shed.
(c) He can't find it.
(d) Under an old tractor.
7. Where does Ned tell Papa he wants to go?
(a) With his uncle to Greece.
(b) To visit Mr. Scully again.
(c) To his grandparents' house in the summer.
(d) To visit Washington, D. C.
8. What does Ned bring down from Mr. Scully's attic?
(a) A leather satchel.
(b) A packet of sparklers.
(c) A costume.
(d) A globe.
9. How are Mama's treatments working?
(b) It's too early to tell.
(c) Not too well.
(d) Not at all.
10. What does Ned wish about his upcoming Christmas vacation?
(a) That his parents were going.
(b) That his older brother could also go with them.
(c) That they could go to Florida.
(d) That he could stay home.
11. What What does Mr. Scully instruct Ned to throw out?
(a) Some mice-infested grain.
(b) Some mementos from Doris' childhood.
(c) Some mice-infested blankets.
(d) Some old canned goods.
12. What does Ned think about as he leaves the nursing home?
(a) The pain of aging.
(b) The times Mr. Scully would laugh until he had tears in his eyes.
(c) The mementos Mr. Scully threw out.
(d) Shooting the cat.
13. What does Ned feel about himself?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is changing.
14. Where is Hilary's next destination?
(c) Hong Kong.
15. What does the Wallis family receive in the mail?
(a) Another exciting letter from Hilary.
(b) A check from Mama's great aunt who dies.
(c) A check from Papa's great aunt who dies.
(d) A refund from the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Ned apologize?
2. What does Ned notice about Evelyn's attitude?
3. Who arrives where Ned is sitting?
4. What food did the cat eat from Mr. Scully?
5. What news does Ned receive that lightens his mood?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)