|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food did the cat eat from Mr. Scully?
(a) Bacon bits.
(b) A piece of chicken.
(c) A piece of fish.
2. What is now stacked at the back door of Mr. Scully's house?
(a) Planter pots.
(b) Canned goods.
(c) Newspapers from inside the house.
(d) The lumber from taking the outhouse apart.
3. After Ned apologizes and goes to his room, about what does he worry?
(b) The cat and his mom.
(c) Mrs. Scallop.
(d) The upcoming vacation.
4. Where does Hilary suggest taking a ferry?
(a) To an island which is inhabited by many varieties of fox.
(b) An island that has many exotic birds.
(c) An island where wild ponies live.
(d) He actually says the ferry no longer runs.
5. What does Evelyn get as a result of her father earning more money?
(b) A new hat.
(d) Drawing materials.
6. What does Ned do on the veranda at the place he visits?
(c) Plays with his toy soldiers.
7. How are Mama's treatments working?
(a) Not too well.
(b) Not at all.
(d) It's too early to tell.
8. What is missing from the yard at Mr. Scully's house?
(a) Several rose bushes.
(b) The trellis.
(c) Mr. Scully's car.
(d) The plow.
9. What is lying on an old icebox in Mr. Scully's shed?
(a) A dead coon.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A rifle.
(d) The one-eyed cat.
10. What What does Mr. Scully instruct Ned to throw out?
(a) Some mice-infested blankets.
(b) Some mice-infested grain.
(c) Some old canned goods.
(d) Some mementos from Doris' childhood.
11. Who does Ned encounter one day at Mr. Scully's house?
(a) A bear.
(b) No one.
(d) Mrs. Kimball.
12. What does Ned wish about his upcoming Christmas vacation?
(a) That his parents were going.
(b) That he could stay home.
(c) That his older brother could also go with them.
(d) That they could go to Florida.
13. What does Ned bring down from Mr. Scully's attic?
(a) A globe.
(b) A packet of sparklers.
(c) A costume.
(d) A leather satchel.
14. What do Ned and Billy discuss?
(a) Learning to speed skate.
(b) The possibility of playing hockey with the bigger boys.
(c) Making the baseball team in the Spring.
(d) Going to a school dance.
15. What still worries Ned after he returns home from Mr. Scully's house?
(a) Doris not seeing her father more often.
(b) His mother's new treatment.
(c) His father's bad back.
(d) The one-eyed cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ned and Billy do after Ned helps Janet?
2. Why does Mrs. Scallop cry?
3. What has gone from Mr. Scully's house?
4. What does Ned's mother remind Ned to do?
5. What does Ned think about Mr. Scully when he goes to see him one day?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)