|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is going to help look after Ned's mother?
(a) A nurse from the church.
(b) A nurse the doctor knows.
(c) No one.
(d) Mrs. Kimball.
2. When does Ned go out for a walk?
(a) On a moonlit night.
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Early evening.
3. What type of arthritis does Mama have?
(c) Psoriatic arthritis.
(d) Lupus arthritis.
4. What does Mama tell Ned about the same house?
(a) It has a lot of potential.
(c) It is just abandoned.
(d) It's too dangerous for him to wander inside.
5. What What does Mr. Scully instruct Ned to throw out?
(a) Some old canned goods.
(b) Some mementos from Doris' childhood.
(c) Some mice-infested grain.
(d) Some mice-infested blankets.
6. What is different about the letter Ned receives from his uncle?
(a) It is addressed directly to him.
(b) It is a postcard inside an envelope.
(c) It is postmarked in Italy.
(d) It is typed.
7. What does Mama tell Ned about her arthritis?
(b) It is almost gone.
(c) It is much worse.
(d) There is a new treatment for it.
8. What does Ned avoid approaching?
(a) The grave where his grandfather is buried.
(b) The cat on the icebox.
(c) One of the town bullies.
(d) A broken water main.
9. What does Nurse Clay tell Ned?
(a) That Mr. Scully died two days earlier.
(b) That Mr. Scully is in the hospital in Waterville.
(c) That Mr. Scully had been moved to live with his daughter.
(d) That Mr. Scully is in a coma.
10. From where does an ambulance have to come?
(d) Oak Hill.
11. How does Hilary intend to get to his next destination?
(a) He is not sure.
(b) A steamer.
(d) A junk.
12. What is lying on an old icebox in Mr. Scully's shed?
(a) A dead coon.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A rifle.
(d) The one-eyed cat.
13. Where does Ned find the one-eyed cat?
(a) In the shed.
(b) Under an old tractor.
(c) Under the front porch.
(d) He can't find it.
14. What does Ned think about as he leaves the nursing home?
(a) The times Mr. Scully would laugh until he had tears in his eyes.
(b) The mementos Mr. Scully threw out.
(c) Shooting the cat.
(d) The pain of aging.
15. What does Papa notice when he and Ned are trimming the Christmas tree?
(a) Ned is feverish.
(b) Ned has outgrown is new pants.
(c) Ned's mother is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives where Ned is sitting?
2. Why doesn't Ned visit his mother one day?
3. What does Mr. Scully think about the one-eyed cat?
4. Where does Ned go on the way to school?
5. How does Ned believe Mr. Scully responds to Ned's confession?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)