|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully think about the one-eyed cat?
(a) It is sick.
(b) It needs to live in the shed in the winter.
(c) It is not feral.
(d) It is pregnant.
2. What does Ned learn about Mr. Scully?
(a) He is well enough to now move out West.
(b) He is just starting to speak again.
(c) He is recovering but cannot speak.
(d) He is expected to die any day.
3. What does Mr. Scully promise to continue doing?
(a) Write his daughter.
(b) Feed the cat.
(c) Keep Ned doing chores and paying him.
(d) Taking his medicine.
4. Where does Ned go on the way to school?
(a) The cemetary.
(b) The church.
(c) Billy's house.
(d) Mr. Scully's home.
5. What food did the cat eat from Mr. Scully?
(a) Bacon bits.
(c) A piece of fish.
(d) A piece of chicken.
6. What does Ned notice leading up to the shed?
(a) Mountain lion prints.
(b) Bear prints.
(c) Mr. Scully's footprints in the snow.
(d) Mr. Scully's footprints in the mud.
7. What does Ned know about Mr. Scully and the man's house?
(a) Mr. Scully built the house himself.
(b) Mr. Scully will probably not be returning home.
(c) Mr. Scully signed the house over to his daughter.
(d) Mr. Scully loves to be in his own house.
8. What does Ned wish about his upcoming Christmas vacation?
(a) That his older brother could also go with them.
(b) That they could go to Florida.
(c) That his parents were going.
(d) That he could stay home.
9. Where does Ned find Mr. Scully one day?
(a) Lying face down in a hallway.
(b) Lying in the yard.
(c) Down in the basement.
(d) Working in the shed.
10. What is at the place Hilary intends to visit?
(a) A monastery.
(b) Native flowers Hilary wants to study.
(c) A leper colony.
(d) Some pyramid ruins.
11. What does Ned and his mother see?
(a) A shooting star.
(b) The one-eyed cat.
(c) Mr. Scully's ghost.
(d) A white dog.
12. What do Ned and Billy do after Ned helps Janet?
(a) Throw snowballs at passing cars.
(b) Steal some eggs.
(d) Get into a fistfight.
13. Where is Hilary's next destination?
(a) Hong Kong.
14. What still worries Ned after he returns home from Mr. Scully's house?
(a) Doris not seeing her father more often.
(b) The one-eyed cat.
(c) His father's bad back.
(d) His mother's new treatment.
15. What does Mrs. Kimball say about Mr. Scully?
(a) He is stubborn.
(b) He is a God-fearing man.
(c) He probably suffered a stroke.
(d) He is a difficult, embattled old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nurse Clay tell Ned?
2. What does Ned notice about Evelyn's attitude?
3. What does the Wallis family receive in the mail?
4. Where is Billy Gaskell's family moving?
5. What is missing from the yard at Mr. Scully's house?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)