|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned bring down from Mr. Scully's attic?
(a) A leather satchel.
(b) A packet of sparklers.
(c) A globe.
(d) A costume.
2. What type of arthritis does Mama have?
(b) Lupus arthritis.
(d) Psoriatic arthritis.
3. From where does an ambulance have to come?
(a) Oak Hill.
4. Where does Evelyn Kimball's father work?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A junkyard.
(c) A mine.
(d) A garage.
5. What worries Ned about the one-eyed cat?
(a) Its leg appears to be broken.
(b) It is bleeding.
(c) It is moaning.
(d) It hasn't moved since the morning.
6. Who is going to help look after Ned's mother?
(a) A nurse from the church.
(b) A nurse the doctor knows.
(c) Mrs. Kimball.
(d) No one.
7. What does Ned avoid approaching?
(a) A broken water main.
(b) One of the town bullies.
(c) The cat on the icebox.
(d) The grave where his grandfather is buried.
8. Where does Ned do after-school chores?
(a) Mr. Scully's house.
(b) At home.
(c) The school.
(d) The church.
9. After Ned apologizes and goes to his room, about what does he worry?
(a) Mrs. Scallop.
(c) The upcoming vacation.
(d) The cat and his mom.
10. Where is Ned spending a great deal of time after he recovers?
(a) The Makepeace mansion.
(b) Mr. Scully's house.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) The Kimball home.
11. What does Evelyn get as a result of her father earning more money?
(a) Drawing materials.
(b) A new hat.
12. Where does Ned find the one-eyed cat?
(a) Under an old tractor.
(b) In the shed.
(c) Under the front porch.
(d) He can't find it.
13. What does Mr. Scully tell Ned about the one-eyed cat?
(a) That it has disappeared.
(b) That it is dead.
(c) That it has recovered.
(d) That it had kittens.
14. Where does Ned go to visit?
(a) An art museum with his class.
(b) The State capitol with his class.
(c) Mr. Scully in the nursing home.
(d) To Evelyn's grandmother's house with Evelyn.
15. What does Evelyn tell Ned about an abandoned house?
(a) It is haunted.
(b) Her parents want to buy it.
(c) Drifters live there.
(d) It is up for sale.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does a heavy snow fall in Chapter V?
2. What does Ned think about Mr. Scully when he goes to see him one day?
3. How does Mrs. Scallop feel about her new job?
4. Who is Billy Gaskell?
5. Where does Ned tell Papa he wants to go?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)