|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ned go after he finds Mr. Scully?
(a) To the police station.
(b) To the church.
(d) To the Kimball house.
2. What has been taken down at Mr. Scully's house?
(a) The outhouse.
(b) The water barrel.
(c) The porch.
(d) The swing.
3. Why does Mrs. Scallop cry?
(a) Her mother died a year ago that day.
(b) She is not feeling well.
(c) Her daughter is ill.
(d) Ned snaps at her.
4. What is at the place Hilary intends to visit?
(a) A leper colony.
(b) Some pyramid ruins.
(c) A monastery.
(d) Native flowers Hilary wants to study.
5. What is different about the letter Ned receives from his uncle?
(a) It is postmarked in Italy.
(b) It is a postcard inside an envelope.
(c) It is typed.
(d) It is addressed directly to him.
6. Where is Billy Gaskell's family moving?
(c) New York.
7. What does Evelyn tell Ned about an abandoned house?
(a) Her parents want to buy it.
(b) It is up for sale.
(c) Drifters live there.
(d) It is haunted.
8. Where does Ned tell Papa he wants to go?
(a) To visit Mr. Scully again.
(b) To visit Washington, D. C.
(c) To his grandparents' house in the summer.
(d) With his uncle to Greece.
9. What does Ned avoid approaching?
(a) The cat on the icebox.
(b) A broken water main.
(c) The grave where his grandfather is buried.
(d) One of the town bullies.
10. What What does Mr. Scully instruct Ned to throw out?
(a) Some mice-infested grain.
(b) Some old canned goods.
(c) Some mementos from Doris' childhood.
(d) Some mice-infested blankets.
11. How does Mrs. Scallop feel about her new job?
12. What happens when Ned and his papa return home after a visit to Mr. Scully?
(a) Mama is very ill.
(b) Doris has moved into Mr. Scully's house.
(c) Mr. Scully's sister has moved into Mr. Scully's house.
(d) The one-eyed cat is dead on their driveway.
13. What does Ned feel about himself?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is changing.
(d) He is depressed.
14. What does Ned bring down from Mr. Scully's attic?
(a) A costume.
(b) A globe.
(c) A packet of sparklers.
(d) A leather satchel.
15. What does Ned realize about Mr. Scully and Ned's confession?
(a) Mr. Scully might also be afraid of dying.
(b) Mr. Scully believes the rifle is not Ned's problem.
(c) Mr. Scully is the only person who knows what Ned did.
(d) Mr. Scully thinks Ned's mother is wonderful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ned and his mother see?
2. About what does Ned ask Mrs. Kinball?
3. What does Ned tell his mother about Christmas vacation?
4. What does Ned think about Mr. Scully when he goes to see him one day?
5. What does Ned admit to Mr. Scully on another trip to see the man?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)