|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned think about Mr. Scully when he goes to see him one day?
(a) Mr. Scully seems to be somewhere else.
(b) Mr. Scully talks more than usual.
(c) Mr. Scully seems much stronger.
(d) Mr. Scully is very fragile.
2. What news does Ned receive that lightens his mood?
(a) He is expected to play basketball this year.
(b) Mr. Scully's promise to continue to feed the one-eyed cat.
(c) Mrs. Scallop is moving to California.
(d) His mother is walking outside.
3. What does Mr. Scully promise to continue doing?
(a) Write his daughter.
(b) Taking his medicine.
(c) Keep Ned doing chores and paying him.
(d) Feed the cat.
4. Who is Janet?
(a) A school friend.
(b) A janitor.
(c) The town gossip.
(d) A teacher.
5. What does Ned realize about Mr. Scully and Ned's confession?
(a) Mr. Scully might also be afraid of dying.
(b) Mr. Scully believes the rifle is not Ned's problem.
(c) Mr. Scully is the only person who knows what Ned did.
(d) Mr. Scully thinks Ned's mother is wonderful.
6. How do Mama and Papa feel about what she tells Ned?
(c) They do not tell Ned anything.
7. What food did the cat eat from Mr. Scully?
(a) Bacon bits.
(b) A piece of chicken.
(c) A piece of fish.
8. About what does Ned ask Mrs. Kinball?
(a) Why Mrs. Scallop cried all the time.
(b) If her daughter Evelyn is really going to be in the movies.
(c) The reason she became a nurse.
(d) The history of the Makepeace mansion.
9. What worries Ned about the one-eyed cat?
(a) It is moaning.
(b) Its leg appears to be broken.
(c) It is bleeding.
(d) It hasn't moved since the morning.
10. What does Ned notice about Evelyn's attitude?
(a) It is more grown up.
(b) It is coy.
(c) It has not changed.
(d) It is snotty.
11. What does the Wallis family receive in the mail?
(a) A check from Papa's great aunt who dies.
(b) A refund from the government.
(c) Another exciting letter from Hilary.
(d) A check from Mama's great aunt who dies.
12. Why doesn't Ned visit his mother one day?
(a) She is too ill.
(b) He is too busy working at the church.
(c) She has gone to the city for a new treatment.
(d) He is ill.
13. How does Mrs. Scallop feel about her new job?
14. What does Ned dream of for the next few days?
(a) The horse island.
(b) The ferry sinking.
(c) The fox island.
(d) The one-eyed cat.
15. What is lying on an old icebox in Mr. Scully's shed?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A rifle.
(c) The one-eyed cat.
(d) A dead coon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ned spending a great deal of time after he recovers?
2. How does Hilary intend to get to his next destination?
3. When does Ned go out for a walk?
4. From where does an ambulance have to come?
5. What does Ned admit to Mr. Scully on another trip to see the man?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)