|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa notice when he and Ned are trimming the Christmas tree?
(b) Ned has outgrown is new pants.
(c) Ned is feverish.
(d) Ned's mother is happy.
2. What does Ned do on the veranda at the place he visits?
(a) Plays with his toy soldiers.
3. What do Ned and Billy do after Ned helps Janet?
(b) Throw snowballs at passing cars.
(c) Get into a fistfight.
(d) Steal some eggs.
4. What topic does Ned's mother ask Ned about which he does not answer?
(a) About the one-eyed cat.
(b) About his grades.
(c) About his fight with Mrs. Scallop.
(d) About the vacation with Hilary.
5. Who does Ned encounter one day at Mr. Scully's house?
(b) A bear.
(c) Mrs. Kimball.
(d) No one.
6. How do Mama and Papa feel about what she tells Ned?
(b) They do not tell Ned anything.
7. How does Mrs. Scallop feel about her new job?
8. What worries Ned about the one-eyed cat?
(a) It is bleeding.
(b) It is moaning.
(c) Its leg appears to be broken.
(d) It hasn't moved since the morning.
9. Where is Hilary going to visit?
10. Where does Ned go to visit?
(a) To Evelyn's grandmother's house with Evelyn.
(b) Mr. Scully in the nursing home.
(c) An art museum with his class.
(d) The State capitol with his class.
11. Where does Ned do after-school chores?
(a) The church.
(b) Mr. Scully's house.
(c) At home.
(d) The school.
12. Where is Billy Gaskell's family moving?
(a) New York.
13. What does Mrs. Kimball say about Mr. Scully?
(a) He probably suffered a stroke.
(b) He is a difficult, embattled old man.
(c) He is a God-fearing man.
(d) He is stubborn.
14. How does Ned believe Mr. Scully responds to Ned's confession?
(a) Mr. Scully seems angry about it.
(b) Mr. Scully understands and forgives Ned.
(c) Mr. Scully does not know what Ned is saying.
(d) Mr. Scully thinks Ned is being too hard on himself.
15. What does Mr. Scully promise to continue doing?
(a) Keep Ned doing chores and paying him.
(b) Feed the cat.
(c) Taking his medicine.
(d) Write his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ned's mother remind Ned to do?
2. Where does Ned tell Papa he wants to go?
3. What is at the place Hilary intends to visit?
4. What is lying on an old icebox in Mr. Scully's shed?
5. Who is going to help look after Ned's mother?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)