|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned realize about Mr. Scully and Ned's confession?
(a) Mr. Scully might also be afraid of dying.
(b) Mr. Scully believes the rifle is not Ned's problem.
(c) Mr. Scully is the only person who knows what Ned did.
(d) Mr. Scully thinks Ned's mother is wonderful.
2. What type of arthritis does Mama have?
(a) Lupus arthritis.
(c) Psoriatic arthritis.
3. Where does Hilary suggest taking a ferry?
(a) He actually says the ferry no longer runs.
(b) An island where wild ponies live.
(c) To an island which is inhabited by many varieties of fox.
(d) An island that has many exotic birds.
4. What does Evelyn get as a result of her father earning more money?
(c) Drawing materials.
(d) A new hat.
5. What does Ned's mother remind Ned to do?
(a) Accept the good.
(c) Accept the bad.
(d) Become what he wants.
6. Where does Ned find Mr. Scully one day?
(a) Lying face down in a hallway.
(b) Working in the shed.
(c) Down in the basement.
(d) Lying in the yard.
7. What does Ned find as he sits at his secret place and looks out at the countryside?
(a) A glint of metal.
(b) Two old journals.
(c) An opening in the brush.
8. Where does Ned do after-school chores?
(a) Mr. Scully's house.
(b) At home.
(c) The school.
(d) The church.
9. Where is Hilary's next destination?
(c) Hong Kong.
10. Who does Ned encounter one day at Mr. Scully's house?
(a) No one.
(b) A bear.
(d) Mrs. Kimball.
11. Where does Ned go to visit?
(a) The State capitol with his class.
(b) An art museum with his class.
(c) To Evelyn's grandmother's house with Evelyn.
(d) Mr. Scully in the nursing home.
12. Where does Ned tell Papa he wants to go?
(a) To his grandparents' house in the summer.
(b) With his uncle to Greece.
(c) To visit Washington, D. C.
(d) To visit Mr. Scully again.
13. How are Mama's treatments working?
(a) Not too well.
(c) It's too early to tell.
(d) Not at all.
14. What does Hilary promise to Ned?
(a) To teach him to deep sea fish.
(b) To let him know when vacation plans are finalized.
(c) To take him to visit an aunt Ned has never met.
(d) To bring him home early if he gets homesick.
15. Where does Ned go on the way to school?
(a) The cemetary.
(b) Mr. Scully's home.
(c) Billy's house.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What still worries Ned after he returns home from Mr. Scully's house?
2. How does Hilary intend to get to his next destination?
3. Where does Ned find the one-eyed cat?
4. Who is Billy Gaskell?
5. What does Ned wish about his upcoming Christmas vacation?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)