|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lying on an old icebox in Mr. Scully's shed?
(a) A dead coon.
(b) A rifle.
(c) The one-eyed cat.
(d) A pistol.
2. How does Hilary intend to get to his next destination?
(a) A junk.
(b) He is not sure.
(c) A steamer.
3. To whom does Ned apologize?
(a) His mother.
(b) His teacher.
(c) Mrs. Scully.
(d) His father.
4. Where does Ned go on the way to school?
(a) The cemetary.
(b) The church.
(c) Mr. Scully's home.
(d) Billy's house.
5. What does Ned and his mother see?
(a) A white dog.
(b) The one-eyed cat.
(c) Mr. Scully's ghost.
(d) A shooting star.
6. What does Evelyn tell Ned about an abandoned house?
(a) It is haunted.
(b) It is up for sale.
(c) Her parents want to buy it.
(d) Drifters live there.
7. What does Ned figure his father will begin doing?
(a) Teaching Ned how to drive the tractor.
(b) Driving his mother to the doctor in the city.
(c) Picking up Mr. Scully's groceries.
(d) Taking over Sunday services for another preacher who just died.
8. What does Ned learn from Doris?
(a) That Mr. Scully's sister is coming to live in the house.
(b) That Mr. Scully is moving out to live with Doris.
(c) That Doris is moving back into the house.
(d) That Mr. Scully's house is going up for sale.
9. What does Ned think about Mr. Scully when he goes to see him one day?
(a) Mr. Scully is very fragile.
(b) Mr. Scully talks more than usual.
(c) Mr. Scully seems to be somewhere else.
(d) Mr. Scully seems much stronger.
10. After Ned apologizes and goes to his room, about what does he worry?
(a) The upcoming vacation.
(c) The cat and his mom.
(d) Mrs. Scallop.
11. How does Ned help Janet?
(a) He tells her about the one-eyed cat.
(b) He sweeps out the basement.
(c) He cleans the chalkboards everyday.
(d) He picks up her books she dropped.
12. Where is Hilary going to visit?
13. What does Ned notice about Evelyn's attitude?
(a) It is more grown up.
(b) It is coy.
(c) It has not changed.
(d) It is snotty.
14. Where is Ned spending a great deal of time after he recovers?
(a) The Kimball home.
(b) Mr. Scully's house.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) The Makepeace mansion.
15. What does Ned wish about his upcoming Christmas vacation?
(a) That his parents were going.
(b) That they could go to Florida.
(c) That he could stay home.
(d) That his older brother could also go with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is at the place Hilary intends to visit?
2. What does Ned find as he sits at his secret place and looks out at the countryside?
3. From where does an ambulance have to come?
4. What does Ned admit to Mr. Scully on another trip to see the man?
5. Where is Hilary's next destination?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)