|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does an ambulance have to come?
(a) Oak Hill.
2. After Ned apologizes and goes to his room, about what does he worry?
(b) The cat and his mom.
(c) The upcoming vacation.
(d) Mrs. Scallop.
3. What is at the place Hilary intends to visit?
(a) Some pyramid ruins.
(b) A leper colony.
(c) Native flowers Hilary wants to study.
(d) A monastery.
4. Where does Ned go after he finds Mr. Scully?
(a) To the Kimball house.
(b) To the police station.
(d) To the church.
5. What does Ned realize about Mr. Scully and Ned's confession?
(a) Mr. Scully might also be afraid of dying.
(b) Mr. Scully believes the rifle is not Ned's problem.
(c) Mr. Scully is the only person who knows what Ned did.
(d) Mr. Scully thinks Ned's mother is wonderful.
6. What has been taken down at Mr. Scully's house?
(a) The swing.
(b) The water barrel.
(c) The porch.
(d) The outhouse.
7. How does Ned believe Mr. Scully responds to Ned's confession?
(a) Mr. Scully understands and forgives Ned.
(b) Mr. Scully does not know what Ned is saying.
(c) Mr. Scully thinks Ned is being too hard on himself.
(d) Mr. Scully seems angry about it.
8. What What does Mr. Scully instruct Ned to throw out?
(a) Some mice-infested blankets.
(b) Some mice-infested grain.
(c) Some old canned goods.
(d) Some mementos from Doris' childhood.
9. How does Ned help Janet?
(a) He picks up her books she dropped.
(b) He tells her about the one-eyed cat.
(c) He sweeps out the basement.
(d) He cleans the chalkboards everyday.
10. Who does Ned encounter one day at Mr. Scully's house?
(a) A bear.
(c) Mrs. Kimball.
(d) No one.
11. What food did the cat eat from Mr. Scully?
(a) A piece of fish.
(b) Bacon bits.
(d) A piece of chicken.
12. What topic does Ned's mother ask Ned about which he does not answer?
(a) About his fight with Mrs. Scallop.
(b) About the vacation with Hilary.
(c) About his grades.
(d) About the one-eyed cat.
13. Who is going to help look after Ned's mother?
(a) Mrs. Kimball.
(b) A nurse the doctor knows.
(c) A nurse from the church.
(d) No one.
14. Who arrives where Ned is sitting?
(a) His mama.
(d) His papa.
15. How does Mrs. Scallop feel about her new job?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa notice when he and Ned are trimming the Christmas tree?
2. What does Ned's mother remind Ned to do?
3. What does Evelyn get as a result of her father earning more money?
4. What does Ned think about as he leaves the nursing home?
5. When does a heavy snow fall in Chapter V?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)