|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Mama and Papa feel about what she tells Ned?
(b) They do not tell Ned anything.
2. What does Mr. Scully tell Ned about the one-eyed cat?
(a) That it had kittens.
(b) That it has recovered.
(c) That it is dead.
(d) That it has disappeared.
3. What type of arthritis does Mama have?
(a) Psoriatic arthritis.
(b) Lupus arthritis.
4. What has gone from Mr. Scully's house?
(a) The "for sale" sign.
(b) The leather portfolio.
(c) The old coonskin cap.
(d) Mr. Scully's buggy.
5. Why does Mrs. Scallop cry?
(a) Ned snaps at her.
(b) She is not feeling well.
(c) Her mother died a year ago that day.
(d) Her daughter is ill.
6. What does Ned notice about Evelyn's attitude?
(a) It is more grown up.
(b) It is snotty.
(c) It has not changed.
(d) It is coy.
7. What does Ned feel about himself?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is changing.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is sad.
8. Who arrives where Ned is sitting?
(a) His papa.
(c) His mama.
9. After Ned apologizes and goes to his room, about what does he worry?
(b) The upcoming vacation.
(c) Mrs. Scallop.
(d) The cat and his mom.
10. What still worries Ned after he returns home from Mr. Scully's house?
(a) The one-eyed cat.
(b) Doris not seeing her father more often.
(c) His father's bad back.
(d) His mother's new treatment.
11. What food did the cat eat from Mr. Scully?
(a) Bacon bits.
(b) A piece of fish.
(c) A piece of chicken.
12. What does Evelyn get as a result of her father earning more money?
(a) Drawing materials.
(d) A new hat.
13. What does Ned realize about Mr. Scully and Ned's confession?
(a) Mr. Scully believes the rifle is not Ned's problem.
(b) Mr. Scully might also be afraid of dying.
(c) Mr. Scully thinks Ned's mother is wonderful.
(d) Mr. Scully is the only person who knows what Ned did.
14. What do Ned and Billy discuss?
(a) The possibility of playing hockey with the bigger boys.
(b) Learning to speed skate.
(c) Going to a school dance.
(d) Making the baseball team in the Spring.
15. What does the Wallis family receive in the mail?
(a) A check from Papa's great aunt who dies.
(b) Another exciting letter from Hilary.
(c) A refund from the government.
(d) A check from Mama's great aunt who dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilary promise to Ned?
2. Where is Hilary's next destination?
3. Who is Billy Gaskell?
4. What does Papa notice when he and Ned are trimming the Christmas tree?
5. What does Ned do on the veranda at the place he visits?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)