|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nurse Clay tell Ned?
(a) That Mr. Scully died two days earlier.
(b) That Mr. Scully is in a coma.
(c) That Mr. Scully had been moved to live with his daughter.
(d) That Mr. Scully is in the hospital in Waterville.
2. When does Ned go out for a walk?
(a) Early evening.
(b) Early morning.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) On a moonlit night.
3. What does Mama tell Ned about her arthritis?
(a) There is a new treatment for it.
(c) It is much worse.
(d) It is almost gone.
4. Where does Ned do after-school chores?
(a) The school.
(b) The church.
(c) At home.
(d) Mr. Scully's house.
5. What does Ned find as he sits at his secret place and looks out at the countryside?
(a) An opening in the brush.
(c) A glint of metal.
(d) Two old journals.
6. Who does Ned encounter one day at Mr. Scully's house?
(a) A bear.
(b) No one.
(d) Mrs. Kimball.
7. What does Evelyn get as a result of her father earning more money?
(a) Drawing materials.
(d) A new hat.
8. What type of arthritis does Mama have?
(a) Lupus arthritis.
(c) Psoriatic arthritis.
9. When does a heavy snow fall in Chapter V?
(a) On the first of December.
(b) It does not snow, which is unusual.
(c) On Thanksgiving day.
(d) On Christmas day.
10. What does Ned and his mother see?
(a) A shooting star.
(b) Mr. Scully's ghost.
(c) A white dog.
(d) The one-eyed cat.
11. How do Mama and Papa feel about what she tells Ned?
(a) They do not tell Ned anything.
12. What does Ned wish about his upcoming Christmas vacation?
(a) That he could stay home.
(b) That his parents were going.
(c) That his older brother could also go with them.
(d) That they could go to Florida.
13. How does Ned help Janet?
(a) He tells her about the one-eyed cat.
(b) He sweeps out the basement.
(c) He cleans the chalkboards everyday.
(d) He picks up her books she dropped.
14. What does Ned learn from Doris?
(a) That Mr. Scully's house is going up for sale.
(b) That Mr. Scully's sister is coming to live in the house.
(c) That Doris is moving back into the house.
(d) That Mr. Scully is moving out to live with Doris.
15. What does Mama tell Ned about the same house?
(a) It's too dangerous for him to wander inside.
(c) It has a lot of potential.
(d) It is just abandoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worries Ned about the one-eyed cat?
2. Where does Hilary suggest taking a ferry?
3. What is at the place Hilary intends to visit?
4. Where does Ned tell Papa he wants to go?
5. Where does Ned go to visit?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)