Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Scallop often refer to herself?
(a) With a different name.
(b) In the second person.
(c) In the third person.
(d) As God's servant.
2. What does Mrs. Scallop sometimes lapse into?
(a) Periods of giddy laughter.
(b) Periods of joking with Ned.
(c) Periods of sullen silence.
(d) Periods of bossiness.
3. What does Ned decide about Charleston?
(a) He does not want to go.
(b) He wants to go but only for the day.
(c) He wants to go but not until the summer.
(d) He will do whatever his father tells him to do.
4. What does Doris send Mr. Scully about once a month?
(a) Pictures of her and the family.
(b) A long letter.
(c) A postcard.
(d) A box of cookies.
5. Who is Mrs. Scallop?
(a) The next-door neighbor to the Wallis family.
(b) Ned's current teacher.
(c) The first housekeeper for the Wallis family.
(d) The present housekeeper for the Wallis family.
6. What does Mr. Scully say comes into his yard regularly?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A bear.
(c) Two deer.
(d) The one-eyed cat.
7. What has Ned's father installed on the house for protection?
(a) Door locks.
(b) Nothing; the town is quite safe.
(c) Lightening rods.
(d) Bars on the windows.
8. What does James Wallis tell his son to refrain from when at the Brewster's home?
(a) Picking up any of their expensive nic nacs.
(b) Addressing the servants.
(c) Not eating everything on his plate.
(d) Asking for seconds.
9. What is one chore Ned does for Mr. Scully?
(a) Slops the pigs.
(b) Chops wood.
(c) Fixes the plumbing.
(d) Paints the house.
10. What does Mr. Scully make homemade?
(c) Applesauce and bread.
11. In what area of the country does Ned and his family live?
(a) The Pochonos.
(b) The coastal region of Georgia.
(c) The Appalachians of Kentucky.
(d) The Hudson River Valley.
12. Why does Ned feel guilty when he is watching out the window with Mr. Scully?
(a) The robin's one wing looks clipped.
(b) He knows his mother would love to be able to be outdoors with him.
(c) The cat only has one eye.
(d) The one jay's foot is mangled.
13. For how long has Ned's mother been ill?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) Most of her life.
14. Why is James Willis upset with Hilary?
(a) James wishes Hilary would not waste money.
(b) James thinks Ned's birthday gift is not appropriate.
(c) James thinks Hilary makes James look bad.
(d) James is not upset with Hilary.
15. What does Mr. Scully say he does regularly now?
(a) Bakes biscuits.
(b) Feeds the one-eyed cat.
(c) Sees his dead son's ghost.
(d) Writes his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully use for lighting?
2. Why does Ned not mind listening to Mr. Scully ramble?
3. Who brings cookies and apples to Ned's class?
4. Of what is Ned afraid if his dad learns of the rifle incident?
5. What does Mama give Ned for his birthday?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)