|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Ned feel a little jealous?
(a) His mother's close relationship with the neighbor's little girl.
(b) His mother's close relationship with his older sister.
(c) His mother's close relationship with Hilary.
(d) His father's close relationship with Hilary.
2. When does he want to take Ned?
(a) Over Christmas vacation.
(b) During Spring break.
(c) After fall harvest.
(d) Just before planting time.
3. What does Mrs. Kimball do?
(a) A domestic helper.
(b) A practical nurse.
(c) A stay-at-home housewife.
(d) A school teacher.
4. For whom are the turkey scraps that Ned saves?
(a) Mr. Scully's old dog.
(b) The neighbor's new puppy.
(c) Evelyn Kimball's dog.
(d) The one-eye cat.
5. Where does Ned get the bronze goat he has in his room?
(a) He found it at a secondhand shop.
(b) His father had it as a child.
(c) Hilary got it in Greece.
(d) His mother had it as a child.
6. Who brings cookies and apples to Ned's class?
(a) Mrs. Scallop.
(b) Miss Jefferson.
(c) Ned's father.
(d) No one.
7. What does Ned wish about visiting his mother?
(a) That she didn't ask him so many questions.
(b) He could do so whenever he wants.
(c) That it wasn't so glum.
(d) That she didn't ask him about school.
8. Why does Ned feel safe?
(a) Because his father is a soldier.
(b) Because his father is a minister.
(c) Because Mrs. Scallop is there.
(d) Because he believes strongly in God.
9. What does James Wallis tell his son to refrain from when at the Brewster's home?
(a) Addressing the servants.
(b) Picking up any of their expensive nic nacs.
(c) Asking for seconds.
(d) Not eating everything on his plate.
10. In what country does Hilary buy a butterfly enclosed in glass?
11. What does Evie Kimball's father do?
(b) Brick layer.
12. What is one chore Ned does for Mr. Scully?
(a) Fixes the plumbing.
(b) Slops the pigs.
(c) Paints the house.
(d) Chops wood.
13. What magazine does Ned love?
(a) Mad Magazine.
(b) Scientific American.
(d) National Georgraphic.
14. What does Doris send Mr. Scully about once a month?
(a) A long letter.
(b) A box of cookies.
(c) A postcard.
(d) Pictures of her and the family.
15. In what month does Ned's birthday fall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hilary give Ned for his birthday?
2. Where does Ned go after the household is in bed?
3. Who has cake and lemonade in Ned's mother's room?
4. How does Ned perceive his family life before his mother is ill?
5. What does Ned refrain from saying to his mother?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)