Short Answer Key
Chapters I and II
1. How many housekeepers has the Wallis family had, including the present one?
2. Who is Mrs. Scallop?
The present housekeeper for the Wallis family.
3. Why does Ned feel safe?
Because Mrs. Scallop is there.
4. About whom is Ned often confused?
5. What does Mrs. Scallop sometimes lapse into?
Periods of sullen silence.
6. What is Powerful Katinka?
A cartoon character.
7. What emotion seems to be just below the surface of Mrs. Scallop?
8. How old is Ned when his mother becomes ill?
9. How does Ned perceive his family life before his mother is ill?
10. In what decades is the novel set?
11. How many siblings does Ned have?
12. Where do Ned and his father eat supper on the Sunday before Ned's birthday?
13. What kind of...
This section contains 2,183 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)