Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapters I and II
1. How many housekeepers has the Wallis family had, including the present one?
2. Who is Mrs. Scallop?
3. Why does Ned feel safe?
4. About whom is Ned often confused?
5. What does Mrs. Scallop sometimes lapse into?
6. What is Powerful Katinka?
7. What emotion seems to be just below the surface of Mrs. Scallop?
8. How old is Ned when his mother becomes ill?
9. How does Ned perceive his family life before his mother is ill?
10. In what decades is the novel set?
11. How many siblings does Ned have?
12. Where do Ned and his father eat supper on the Sunday before Ned's...
This section contains 1,647 words|
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)