|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VII and VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Ned visit his mother one day?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is too busy working at the church.
(c) She is too ill.
(d) She has gone to the city for a new treatment.
2. Where does Doris live?
(c) In a neighboring town.
(d) Out West.
3. What is now stacked at the back door of Mr. Scully's house?
(a) The lumber from taking the outhouse apart.
(b) Newspapers from inside the house.
(c) Canned goods.
(d) Planter pots.
4. How does Ned perceive his family life before his mother is ill?
(a) As boring.
(b) As solemn.
(c) As happy.
(d) As calm.
5. What news does Ned receive that lightens his mood?
(a) Mrs. Scallop is moving to California.
(b) Mr. Scully's promise to continue to feed the one-eyed cat.
(c) His mother is walking outside.
(d) He is expected to play basketball this year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ned think about Mr. Scully when he goes to see him one day?
2. Where is Billy Gaskell's family moving?
3. When does Ned go out for a walk?
4. What does Mrs. Kimball say about Mr. Scully?
5. In what country does Hilary buy a butterfly enclosed in glass?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)