|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VII and VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Scallop often refer to herself?
(a) With a different name.
(b) In the second person.
(c) As God's servant.
(d) In the third person.
2. What does Ned clear out of Mr. Scully's attic?
3. What do Ned and Mr. Scully watch in the yard through the window?
(a) A pair of jays fighting.
(b) A robin pulling a worm out of the ground.
(c) A feral cat.
(d) A neighbor's new puppy.
4. What kind of potatoes does Mrs. Brewster serve?
(a) French fried.
(c) The best in the town.
(d) Lumpy mashed.
5. Who are Evelyn Kimball, Janet Hoffman, and Billy Gaskell?
(a) The most popular kids at school.
(b) Three kids at Ned's church.
(c) Ned's closest friends.
(d) Ned's three favorite cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are many of the homes like near where Ned lives?
2. What does Ned learn about Mr. Scully?
3. About what does Ned lie to his mama?
4. What news does Ned receive that lightens his mood?
5. What does Ned admit to Mr. Scully on another trip to see the man?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)