|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many siblings does Ned have?
2. What do Ned and Billy do after Ned helps Janet?
(a) Steal some eggs.
(b) Get into a fistfight.
(c) Throw snowballs at passing cars.
3. Why does Ned think his father will be upset with him?
(a) If his father learns of his night visit to the woods.
(b) If his father learns that he intentionally broke his sister's doll.
(c) If Ned refuses to take the safety class.
(d) If Ned says he does not want to go with Hilary.
4. What causes Ned both great anxiety and excitement?
(a) Having snuck the rifle out of his house in opposition to his father's orders.
(b) The idea that he has to take fencing lessons.
(c) The idea of going somewhere with just Hilary for Christmas.
(d) The idea that his mother is getting better.
5. What What does Mr. Scully instruct Ned to throw out?
(a) Some mice-infested blankets.
(b) Some mementos from Doris' childhood.
(c) Some mice-infested grain.
(d) Some old canned goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ned refrain from saying to his mother?
2. Who does Ned like to visit regularly?
3. When does a heavy snow fall in Chapter V?
4. To whom had the present once belonged?
5. From what book does Ned's teacher read in honor of Ned's birthday?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)