|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully tell Ned about the one-eyed cat?
(a) That it had kittens.
(b) That it is dead.
(c) That it has recovered.
(d) That it has disappeared.
2. What does Mrs. Kimball do?
(a) A practical nurse.
(b) A stay-at-home housewife.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A domestic helper.
3. How does Ned perceive his family life before his mother is ill?
(a) As happy.
(b) As calm.
(c) As solemn.
(d) As boring.
4. What does Ned clear out of Mr. Scully's attic?
5. What does Ned imagine as he is outside at night?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A mountain lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A shadowy figure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are many of the homes like near where Ned lives?
2. Why does Ned not like dining with members of the congregation?
3. About what does Ned worry when he gets back to his room with his presents?
4. What causes Ned both great anxiety and excitement?
5. What is lying on an old icebox in Mr. Scully's shed?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)