|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ned knows that lives in New York City?
(a) His great-grandmother.
(b) His great-aunt.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His maternal grandmother.
2. What does Ned wish about visiting his mother?
(a) That it wasn't so glum.
(b) That she didn't ask him about school.
(c) That she didn't ask him so many questions.
(d) He could do so whenever he wants.
3. What does the narrator say about Mr. Scully's bed?
(a) He sleeps on the floor.
(b) He only uses one sheet.
(c) His bed is four feet high.
(d) He never uses sheets.
4. What do Ned and Mr. Scully watch in the yard through the window?
(a) A robin pulling a worm out of the ground.
(b) A feral cat.
(c) A pair of jays fighting.
(d) A neighbor's new puppy.
5. Why does Ned not like dining with members of the congregation?
(a) He has to wear a tie.
(b) He has to sit with the children in the family.
(c) He has to eat anything he is served.
(d) It makes him feel homeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Ned's birthday fall?
2. When does he want to take Ned?
3. Where does Hilary want to take Ned?
4. How many housekeepers has the Wallis family had, including the present one?
5. Why is James Willis upset with Hilary?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)