|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned think of his present from Mrs. Scallop?
(a) That the fingers are too short.
(b) That the shoulders are too big.
(c) That it's horrible.
(d) That the colors are nice.
2. What does Mr. Scully never use?
3. What does the narrator say about Mr. Scully's bed?
(a) His bed is four feet high.
(b) He only uses one sheet.
(c) He never uses sheets.
(d) He sleeps on the floor.
4. What does Mama mention that embarrasses Ned?
(a) His changing voice.
(b) His uncle's high regard for Ned.
(c) The air rifle.
(d) A girl in his school.
5. When does James say Ned can have his present?
(a) When Ned turns 16.
(b) When Ned takes a course on fencing.
(c) When Ned is 14.
(d) When Ned proves he is responsible by caring for the cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom is Ned often confused?
2. Why does Ned think his father will be upset with him?
3. Who is Cosmo?
4. How does Mrs. Scallop often refer to herself?
5. What does Ned have trouble doing that his father told him to do?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)