|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned imagine as he is walking back to the house at night?
(a) Someone watching him from the attic.
(b) That he has saved the family from marauders.
(c) That he has bested a brigand in a sword duel.
(d) Someone watching him from the woods.
2. What does Mrs. Scallop sometimes lapse into?
(a) Periods of bossiness.
(b) Periods of giddy laughter.
(c) Periods of joking with Ned.
(d) Periods of sullen silence.
3. What does James Wallis tell his son to refrain from when at the Brewster's home?
(a) Addressing the servants.
(b) Asking for seconds.
(c) Not eating everything on his plate.
(d) Picking up any of their expensive nic nacs.
4. Who does Ned knows that lives in New York City?
(a) His maternal grandmother.
(b) His great-grandmother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His great-aunt.
5. How many siblings does Ned have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ned think his father will be upset with him?
2. How old is Ned when his mother becomes ill?
3. How does Ned perceive his family life before his mother is ill?
4. What are many of the homes like near where Ned lives?
5. Who is Hilary?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)