|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Scallop often refer to herself?
(a) As God's servant.
(b) In the second person.
(c) With a different name.
(d) In the third person.
2. Where does Ned realize his father is taking his present?
(a) To the church.
(b) To the attic.
(c) To the basement.
(d) To the neighbor's home.
3. What emotion seems to be just below the surface of Mrs. Scallop?
4. Where does Ned and his father visit a parishioner years before?
(b) An asylum.
(c) The hospital.
(d) A veteran's home.
5. What causes Ned both great anxiety and excitement?
(a) The idea that he has to take fencing lessons.
(b) Having snuck the rifle out of his house in opposition to his father's orders.
(c) The idea that his mother is getting better.
(d) The idea of going somewhere with just Hilary for Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James Wallis tell his son to refrain from when at the Brewster's home?
2. When does James say Ned can have his present?
3. Who is Hilary?
4. What did Ned feel on the day of the visit with his father years ago that he felt when he went out in the night?
5. How many housekeepers has the Wallis family had, including the present one?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)