|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VII and VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ned take Mr. Scully every day?
(a) A bottle of milk.
(d) Mail and newspaper.
2. What does the narrator say about the Brewster's lifestyle?
(a) It is extravagant for the money the family has.
(b) They are very poor.
(c) Very high class and ostentatious but they can afford it.
(d) Typical middle class.
3. What did Ned feel on the day of the visit with his father years ago that he felt when he went out in the night?
(a) That he was older than his father realized.
(b) That he was never going to understand his father.
(c) That he was being watched.
(d) That life was far beyond his comprehension.
4. What does Ned tell his mother about Christmas vacation?
(a) He is really excited about the fox island.
(b) He does not want to go with his uncle.
(c) He is really excited about the pony island.
(d) He wants her to go, too.
5. What does Mr. Scully use for lighting?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A bare electric bulb.
(c) A kerosene lamp.
(d) A fancy chandelier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings cookies and apples to Ned's class?
2. What does Ned do on the veranda at the place he visits?
3. Why is James Willis upset with Hilary?
4. What does Ned clear out of Mr. Scully's attic?
5. What does Nurse Clay tell Ned?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)