|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Scully use for lighting?
(a) A bare electric bulb.
(b) A fancy chandelier.
(c) A kerosene lamp.
(d) A flashlight.
2. What does Mr. Scully say he does regularly now?
(a) Feeds the one-eyed cat.
(b) Sees his dead son's ghost.
(c) Bakes biscuits.
(d) Writes his daughter.
3. What does Ned leave out on the porch at Mr. Scully's?
(a) A rat trap.
(c) Bird seed.
(d) Bread and milk.
4. What does Ned do as his father pays the visit?
(a) Plays outside.
(b) Sits in the car.
(c) Sits quietly in a chair.
(d) In the nurses's station.
5. Who has cake and lemonade in Ned's mother's room?
(a) Papa, Ned and Mrs. Scallop.
(b) Just Ned as his father has been called out to a death.
(c) Just Ned and Mrs. Scallop as his father has been called out to a death.
(d) Ned and his older brother who comes home for the ocassion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ned particularly excited about traveling with Hilary?
2. Why does Ned not mind listening to Mr. Scully ramble?
3. Why does Ned fluster Evelyn?
4. Why does the family sleep downstairs one night?
5. How does Mrs. Scallop often refer to herself?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)