Chapters I and II
1. How many housekeepers has the Wallis family had, including the present one?
2. Who is Mrs. Scallop?
(a) The first housekeeper for the Wallis family.
(b) The present housekeeper for the Wallis family.
(c) The next-door neighbor to the Wallis family.
(d) Ned's current teacher.
3. Why does Ned feel safe?
(a) Because his father is a minister.
(b) Because Mrs. Scallop is there.
(c) Because his father is a soldier.
(d) Because he believes strongly in God.
4. About whom is Ned often confused?
(a) His mother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) Mrs. Scallop.
(d) His father.
5. What does Mrs. Scallop sometimes lapse into?
(a) Periods of sullen silence.
(b) Periods of giddy laughter.
(c) Periods of bossiness.
(d) Periods of joking with Ned.
6. What is Powerful Katinka?
(a) A teenage girl down the street from Ned.
(b) A vacuum cleaner.
(c) A advertising character.
(d) A cartoon character.
7. What emotion seems to be just below the surface of Mrs. Scallop?
This section contains 4,728 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)