Essay Topic 1
"One-Eyed Cat" belongs to the young teen genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to fantasy.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre.
3. Discuss two reasons why it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
4. Discuss what your favorite genre is; give several examples and explain what you enjoy about books in that genre.
Essay Topic 2
1. Research the history of the United States during the Depression era, which is the setting for "One-Eyed Cat". Write a summary of what you learn that you think is relevant to understanding the life of Ned, his family and friends.
2. Research the setting of the Hudson River Valley. Compare/contrast life in the Hudson River Valley of the 1930s with that of the first decade of the 21st century...
This section contains 2,435 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)