|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style jacket does the line-boy wear?
2. What is the sport called that the fighter planes are competing in?
3. Where does Richard tell Leslie they are headed after he hears a voice giving him directions in Chapter 12?
4. What does Richard see on the wings of the airplane that the fighter plane has in its gun-sight?
5. Who is Leslie crying about at the beginning of Chapter 12?
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's viewpoint about humanity's ability to keep the earth safe? How does he use the character of Mashara as a symbol of protector? What does it suggest that she is a computer?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of violence in this novel. Does Richard have past lifetimes of living in a violent way? How so? In what ways has he evolved?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of Pye's character in this novel. What role does she play and what do Richard and Leslie think of her? How do they feel about flying without her?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)