|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard suggest that he and Leslie do when they reach the crash site in order to find their way home?
2. Where do Ronnie and Hy take Leslie to talk?
3. What country does Richard's alternate self represent in the fighter plane competition?
4. What activity do Leslie and Richard undertake at Lake Healey?
5. What does Leslie say about Ronnie's personality when he was young?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is intuition and how is the concept presented in this novel? How do Richard and Leslie rely on intuition? What does the author seem to be suggesting about using intuition?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Richard and Leslie's experience at the conference. Who do they find there? What ideas parallel their own experiences in spacetime? Why do Richard and Leslie agree to talk about their experience at the conference?
Essay Topic 3
What is the meaning of the title of this novel? How do Richard and Leslie experience themselves as being one with others? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)