|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Leslie say it has been since Ronnie died?
2. What does Richard buy after Leslie dies?
3. What does Leslie see Richard dragging to the surface of the water after the plane crashes in the ocean?
4. What does Richard do when the seaplane crashes in the water?
5. What do Leslie and Richard discover about Mashara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Leslie and Richard remember that Pye told them about guiding themselves home?
2. Where do Leslie and Richard land when they jump out of the plane?
3. What happens when Growly crashes into the water?
4. As Richard's alternate self, how is Krys described?
5. What does Lorraine encourage Dave to do in these last months of his life?
6. Who does Leslie encounter in the afterlife?
7. What does Leslie realize might be one more test or challenge in the pattern?
8. How does Leslie react to seeing the new media center?
9. How does Richard feel when they land in a bar?
10. How do Richard and Leslie reunite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of Pye's character in this novel. What role does she play and what do Richard and Leslie think of her? How do they feel about flying without her?
Essay Topic 2
What are two important symbols of this novel? Discuss the ways they are used in the story and the meaning they convey.
Essay Topic 3
What is intuition and how is the concept presented in this novel? How do Richard and Leslie rely on intuition? What does the author seem to be suggesting about using intuition?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)