|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mashara call the animal who is hurt?
2. What is the name of Richard's alternate self in Chapter 12?
3. What style jacket does the line-boy wear?
4. Who is the last character to speak in Chapter 21?
5. What symbol does Richard see in the water at the beginning of Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Richard's alternate self, how is Krys described?
2. Who is Marshara?
3. Why do Leslie and Richard jump out the plane?
4. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
5. What does Pye tell Leslie and Richard is the reason she left them to fly alone?
6. How did Leslie and Richard experience the passage of time differently when Leslie was dead?
7. What do Leslie and Richard learn from eavesdropping on Lorraine and Dave?
8. How does Richard feel when they land in a bar?
9. What happens when Growly crashes into the water?
10. Describe Dave and Lorraine's physical appearance.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is intuition and how is the concept presented in this novel? How do Richard and Leslie rely on intuition? What does the author seem to be suggesting about using intuition?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Leslie and Richard reunite after the plane crash. What do they have to believe in in order to get past the wall of Richard's grief? How is Leslie able to breach the wall and help Richard create a new reality?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the Air Games in achieving a prosperous and peaceful world. What does the pilot Linda say about how her world decided to change? In what way did the Air Games become big business?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)