|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Leslie and Richard land in a new universe in Chapter 13, what color is the sun and sky?
2. What is the last thing that Leslie says in Chapter 20?
3. Where do Leslie and Richard land the plane in Chapter 21?
4. What role does Mashara play in the wilderness planet?
5. What symbol does Richard see in the water at the beginning of Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
2. What do Leslie and Richard learn from eavesdropping on Lorraine and Dave?
3. Describe Dave and Lorraine's physical appearance.
4. What does Richard tell Dave, the line-boy, at Santa Monica airport about the Seabird?
5. What symbol do Leslie and Richard see in the water that marks their entry back home?
6. How did Leslie and Richard experience the passage of time differently when Leslie was dead?
7. What is special about the restaurant that Leslie and Richard eat in after they arrive in Santa Monica?
8. How does Richard feel when they land in a bar?
9. What does Leslie realize might be one more test or challenge in the pattern?
10. How do Richard and Leslie reunite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of violence in this novel. Does Richard have past lifetimes of living in a violent way? How so? In what ways has he evolved?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the theme of love is used in this novel to transform characters and their lives. What opportunities does love open up to them? How does love provide the answers they seek?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of the young Leslie. What conflict does she have with her mother? How does her sense of determination compel her to achieve her dreams? In what way does Leslie's advice influence her?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)