|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Leslie and Richard land in Chapter 15?
2. What is the name of the woman flying the fighter plane who is an alternate Leslie?
3. What does Richard see on the wings of the airplane that the fighter plane has in its gun-sight?
4. What is Leslie's middle name?
5. What has Ronnie done since his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lorraine encourage Dave to do in these last months of his life?
2. What does Richard tell Dave, the line-boy, at Santa Monica airport about the Seabird?
3. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
4. How does Leslie influence Richard to focus and use his will to change the outcome of the crash?
5. What symbol do Leslie and Richard see in the water that marks their entry back home?
6. Where do Leslie and Richard land when they jump out of the plane?
7. How does Richard's alternate self make an important change in his life after his wife leaves him?
8. Who is Marshara?
9. What does Richard call Linda's planet?
10. What are Air Games?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of the young Leslie. What conflict does she have with her mother? How does her sense of determination compel her to achieve her dreams? In what way does Leslie's advice influence her?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Richard and Leslie's experience at the conference. Who do they find there? What ideas parallel their own experiences in spacetime? Why do Richard and Leslie agree to talk about their experience at the conference?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationship do Leslie and Richard have at the beginning of the novel? How does it deepen and strengthen as they share a spacetime journey? In what way does their relationship change after they are reunited?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)