|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard buy after Leslie dies?
2. What birds did Dave use to watch from the jetty?
3. What does the line-boy say about flying a Seabird?
4. Where is Leslie buried?
5. What does Richard say that Dave and his wife have taught him and Leslie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Leslie and Richard land when they jump out of the plane?
2. Who does Leslie encounter in the afterlife?
3. Who is Marshara?
4. Describe the setting of the wilderness planet.
5. What happens when Growly crashes into the water?
6. What are Air Games?
7. What does Pye tell Leslie and Richard is the reason she left them to fly alone?
8. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
9. As Richard's alternate self, how is Krys described?
10. Why do Leslie and Richard jump out the plane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of the young Leslie. What conflict does she have with her mother? How does her sense of determination compel her to achieve her dreams? In what way does Leslie's advice influence her?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the Air Games in achieving a prosperous and peaceful world. What does the pilot Linda say about how her world decided to change? In what way did the Air Games become big business?
Essay Topic 3
What is the meaning of the title of this novel? How do Richard and Leslie experience themselves as being one with others? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)