|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say that Dave and his wife have taught him and Leslie?
2. Where do Leslie and Richard land the plane in Chapter 21?
3. How does Leslie describe the afterlife in Chapter 19?
4. What style jacket does the line-boy wear?
5. What does Hy tell Leslie when she says she has to get back to Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Air Games?
2. What does Lorraine encourage Dave to do in these last months of his life?
3. Who does Leslie encounter in the afterlife?
4. What do Leslie and Richard remember that Pye told them about guiding themselves home?
5. How does Richard feel when they land in a bar?
6. As Richard's alternate self, how is Krys described?
7. Describe the setting of the wilderness planet.
8. Why do Leslie and Richard jump out the plane?
9. How did Leslie and Richard experience the passage of time differently when Leslie was dead?
10. What does Richard learn from his alternate self when he imagines talking with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of the young Leslie. What conflict does she have with her mother? How does her sense of determination compel her to achieve her dreams? In what way does Leslie's advice influence her?
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's viewpoint about humanity's ability to keep the earth safe? How does he use the character of Mashara as a symbol of protector? What does it suggest that she is a computer?
Essay Topic 3
What do Leslie and Richard's spacetime travels show us about choice and destiny? Do their experiences suggest they can create a different reality just by making different choices? How so? Use textual examples to support your ideas.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)