|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Dave tell his children, if he had any?
2. What direction do Leslie and Richard find themselves flying in when they are in the fighter plane with the alternate Leslie?
3. What is the name of Richard's alternate self in Chapter 12?
4. Where do Leslie and Richard land the plane in Chapter 21?
5. When he hears Dave's story, what does Richard think he and Leslie should do once they get back home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Leslie and Richard jump out the plane?
2. How did Leslie and Richard experience the passage of time differently when Leslie was dead?
3. What does Lorraine encourage Dave to do in these last months of his life?
4. As Richard's alternate self, how is Krys described?
5. Describe Linda's competitive nature.
6. What does Leslie realize might be one more test or challenge in the pattern?
7. Where do Leslie and Richard land when they jump out of the plane?
8. What are Air Games?
9. What promise does Leslie ask Richard to make if she dies first?
10. How does Richard feel when they land in a bar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how both Richard and Leslie positively influence their alternate selves. What important things do they help them understand so they can make better choices? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
What do Leslie and Richard's spacetime travels show us about choice and destiny? Do their experiences suggest they can create a different reality just by making different choices? How so? Use textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Leslie's experience in the afterlife. Who does she see there and why is it important that she has the opportunity to talk with them?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)