|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hy tell Leslie when she says she has to get back to Richard?
2. What does Mashara call the animal who is hurt?
3. What does Richard buy after Leslie dies?
4. What does Richard see on the wings of the airplane that the fighter plane has in its gun-sight?
5. What would Dave tell his children, if he had any?
Essay Topic 1
Pye says "When you love someone, when you know they're ready to learn and grow, you set them free." Discuss how Richard and Leslie learn and grow when Pye is not there acting as a shield for them. What experiences do they have that help them determine their destiny?
Essay Topic 2
What is intuition and how is the concept presented in this novel? How do Richard and Leslie rely on intuition? What does the author seem to be suggesting about using intuition?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the theme of love is used in this novel to transform characters and their lives. What opportunities does love open up to them? How does love provide the answers they seek?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)