|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard see on the wings of the airplane that the fighter plane has in its gun-sight?
2. When Leslie sees Ronnie, what does she say he looks like?
3. What do Leslie and Richard discover about Mashara?
4. What did Xiao do after he "destroyed" the fighter plane?
5. What does the line-boy say about flying a Seabird?
Essay Topic 1
What is the meaning of the title of this novel? How do Richard and Leslie experience themselves as being one with others? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Leslie and Richard reunite after the plane crash. What do they have to believe in in order to get past the wall of Richard's grief? How is Leslie able to breach the wall and help Richard create a new reality?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of violence in this novel. Does Richard have past lifetimes of living in a violent way? How so? In what ways has he evolved?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)