|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richard think he failed an important test when the plane crashed?
2. When he hears Dave's story, what does Richard think he and Leslie should do once they get back home?
3. What kind of restaurant does Leslie take Richard to on Robertson Boulevard?
4. Where do Leslie and Richard land the plane in Chapter 21?
5. What happens when Mashara dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lorraine encourage Dave to do in these last months of his life?
2. How do Richard and Leslie reunite?
3. How does Richard's alternate self make an important change in his life after his wife leaves him?
4. Describe Dave and Lorraine's physical appearance.
5. What does Leslie realize might be one more test or challenge in the pattern?
6. What promise does Leslie ask Richard to make if she dies first?
7. What symbol do Leslie and Richard see in the water that marks their entry back home?
8. How does Leslie react to seeing the new media center?
9. Describe Linda's competitive nature.
10. What does Richard tell Dave, the line-boy, at Santa Monica airport about the Seabird?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are two important symbols of this novel? Discuss the ways they are used in the story and the meaning they convey.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the Air Games in achieving a prosperous and peaceful world. What does the pilot Linda say about how her world decided to change? In what way did the Air Games become big business?
Essay Topic 3
What is the meaning of the title of this novel? How do Richard and Leslie experience themselves as being one with others? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)