|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard buy after Leslie dies?
2. What promise does Leslie make Richard keep?
3. What does Lorraine suggest she and Dave do with the time they have left together?
4. What activity do Leslie and Richard undertake at Lake Healey?
5. What does Leslie say about Ronnie's personality when he was young?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Leslie and Richard jump out the plane?
2. Who does Leslie encounter in the afterlife?
3. How do Richard and Leslie reunite?
4. What is special about the restaurant that Leslie and Richard eat in after they arrive in Santa Monica?
5. What does Richard tell Dave, the line-boy, at Santa Monica airport about the Seabird?
6. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
7. How does Richard's alternate self make an important change in his life after his wife leaves him?
8. Describe Dave and Lorraine's physical appearance.
9. What do Leslie and Richard remember that Pye told them about guiding themselves home?
10. Where do Leslie and Richard land when they jump out of the plane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship do Leslie and Richard have at the beginning of the novel? How does it deepen and strengthen as they share a spacetime journey? In what way does their relationship change after they are reunited?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the theme of love is used in this novel to transform characters and their lives. What opportunities does love open up to them? How does love provide the answers they seek?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how both Richard and Leslie positively influence their alternate selves. What important things do they help them understand so they can make better choices? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)