|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Leslie and Richard land in the wilderness planet, what movie does Leslie say it looks like?
2. What are Leslie and Richard celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. What do Leslie and Richard discover about Mashara?
4. Where does Richard tell Leslie they are headed after he hears a voice giving him directions in Chapter 12?
5. What does Richard say that Dave and his wife have taught him and Leslie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Growly crashes into the water?
2. What symbol do Leslie and Richard see in the water that marks their entry back home?
3. What does Richard learn from his alternate self when he imagines talking with him?
4. What is special about the restaurant that Leslie and Richard eat in after they arrive in Santa Monica?
5. How does Leslie react to seeing the new media center?
6. What do Leslie and Richard learn from eavesdropping on Lorraine and Dave?
7. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
8. Describe Dave and Lorraine's physical appearance.
9. What are Air Games?
10. How does Richard's alternate self make an important change in his life after his wife leaves him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pye says "When you love someone, when you know they're ready to learn and grow, you set them free." Discuss how Richard and Leslie learn and grow when Pye is not there acting as a shield for them. What experiences do they have that help them determine their destiny?
Essay Topic 2
What is the meaning of the title of this novel? How do Richard and Leslie experience themselves as being one with others? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the Air Games in achieving a prosperous and peaceful world. What does the pilot Linda say about how her world decided to change? In what way did the Air Games become big business?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)