|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman flying the fighter plane who is an alternate Leslie?
2. What does the air smell like in the wilderness planet?
3. What does Leslie see Richard dragging to the surface of the water after the plane crashes in the ocean?
4. What does Ronnie say he'll show up as if they ever meet again?
5. What role does Mashara play in the wilderness planet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lorraine encourage Dave to do in these last months of his life?
2. Where do Leslie and Richard land when they jump out of the plane?
3. What is special about the restaurant that Leslie and Richard eat in after they arrive in Santa Monica?
4. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
5. What happens when Growly crashes into the water?
6. How does Richard's alternate self make an important change in his life after his wife leaves him?
7. What does Leslie realize might be one more test or challenge in the pattern?
8. What does Richard tell Dave, the line-boy, at Santa Monica airport about the Seabird?
9. What does Pye tell Leslie and Richard is the reason she left them to fly alone?
10. Why do Leslie and Richard jump out the plane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of violence in this novel. Does Richard have past lifetimes of living in a violent way? How so? In what ways has he evolved?
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's viewpoint about humanity's ability to keep the earth safe? How does he use the character of Mashara as a symbol of protector? What does it suggest that she is a computer?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Richard and Leslie's experience at the conference. Who do they find there? What ideas parallel their own experiences in spacetime? Why do Richard and Leslie agree to talk about their experience at the conference?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)