|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard buy after Leslie dies?
2. What is the sport called that the fighter planes are competing in?
3. Where does Richard tell Leslie they are headed after he hears a voice giving him directions in Chapter 12?
4. What role does Mashara play in the wilderness planet?
5. What direction do Leslie and Richard find themselves flying in when they are in the fighter plane with the alternate Leslie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Marshara?
2. What is special about the restaurant that Leslie and Richard eat in after they arrive in Santa Monica?
3. What does Richard tell Dave, the line-boy, at Santa Monica airport about the Seabird?
4. What does Leslie realize might be one more test or challenge in the pattern?
5. What happens when Growly crashes into the water?
6. What does Lorraine encourage Dave to do in these last months of his life?
7. What do Leslie and Richard remember that Pye told them about guiding themselves home?
8. What promise does Leslie ask Richard to make if she dies first?
9. Where do Leslie and Richard land when they jump out of the plane?
10. How does Leslie react to seeing the new media center?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is intuition and how is the concept presented in this novel? How do Richard and Leslie rely on intuition? What does the author seem to be suggesting about using intuition?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the theme of love is used in this novel to transform characters and their lives. What opportunities does love open up to them? How does love provide the answers they seek?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationship do Leslie and Richard have at the beginning of the novel? How does it deepen and strengthen as they share a spacetime journey? In what way does their relationship change after they are reunited?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)