|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbol does Richard see in the water at the beginning of Chapter 20?
2. What does Richard suggest that he and Leslie do when they reach the crash site in order to find their way home?
3. According to the alternate Richard in Chapter 16, what does his wife accuse him of?
4. What direction do Leslie and Richard find themselves flying in when they are in the fighter plane with the alternate Leslie?
5. What birds did Dave use to watch from the jetty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dave and Lorraine's physical appearance.
2. What do Leslie and Richard learn from eavesdropping on Lorraine and Dave?
3. Describe Linda's competitive nature.
4. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
5. What symbol do Leslie and Richard see in the water that marks their entry back home?
6. Who is Marshara?
7. What are Air Games?
8. How does Leslie react to seeing the new media center?
9. How does Leslie influence Richard to focus and use his will to change the outcome of the crash?
10. Where do Leslie and Richard land when they jump out of the plane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the Air Games in achieving a prosperous and peaceful world. What does the pilot Linda say about how her world decided to change? In what way did the Air Games become big business?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Richard tries to influence his younger self to quit the Air Force. What example does he use to support his argument that a pilot is left feeling the loss of all those he has killed. What does he say about the military leading young men on?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how both Richard and Leslie positively influence their alternate selves. What important things do they help them understand so they can make better choices? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)