|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard sleep after Leslie dies?
2. What surprising activity does Dave want to do before he dies?
3. What does Richard do when the seaplane crashes in the water?
4. How far away do Leslie and Richard have to park from the restaurant they go to on Robertson Boulevard?
5. In Chapter 19, what does Leslie say that Pye told them to use to guide themselves home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Growly crashes into the water?
2. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
3. What is special about the restaurant that Leslie and Richard eat in after they arrive in Santa Monica?
4. What do Leslie and Richard learn from eavesdropping on Lorraine and Dave?
5. What does Richard call Linda's planet?
6. How does Leslie react to seeing the new media center?
7. What does Pye tell Leslie and Richard is the reason she left them to fly alone?
8. How does Leslie influence Richard to focus and use his will to change the outcome of the crash?
9. What are Air Games?
10. Who does Leslie encounter in the afterlife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of violence in this novel. Does Richard have past lifetimes of living in a violent way? How so? In what ways has he evolved?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Leslie and Richard reunite after the plane crash. What do they have to believe in in order to get past the wall of Richard's grief? How is Leslie able to breach the wall and help Richard create a new reality?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Leslie's sense of adventure with Richard's. How is she the more adventurous one? Do her alternate selves also have this same adventurous quality? In what way?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)