|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Mashara play in the wilderness planet?
2. Why does Richard think he failed an important test when the plane crashed?
3. What happens when Richard drives the throttle forward at the end of Chapter 17?
4. What did Xiao do after he "destroyed" the fighter plane?
5. What country does Richard's alternate self represent in the fighter plane competition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of the wilderness planet.
2. How does Richard's alternate self make an important change in his life after his wife leaves him?
3. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
4. How do Richard and Leslie reunite?
5. Describe Linda's competitive nature.
6. What happens when Growly crashes into the water?
7. How does Leslie influence Richard to focus and use his will to change the outcome of the crash?
8. Who is Marshara?
9. How does Richard feel when they land in a bar?
10. What are Air Games?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do Leslie and Richard's spacetime travels show us about choice and destiny? Do their experiences suggest they can create a different reality just by making different choices? How so? Use textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how both Richard and Leslie positively influence their alternate selves. What important things do they help them understand so they can make better choices? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of the young Leslie. What conflict does she have with her mother? How does her sense of determination compel her to achieve her dreams? In what way does Leslie's advice influence her?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)