|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard hear Leslie saying to him in Chapter 17?
2. What do Leslie and Richard discover about Mashara?
3. Where is Leslie buried?
4. What color dress is Mashara wearing when Richard and Leslie first meet her?
5. What has Ronnie done since his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Leslie and Richard land when they jump out of the plane?
2. What does Richard learn from his alternate self when he imagines talking with him?
3. What does Pye tell Leslie and Richard is the reason she left them to fly alone?
4. How do Richard and Leslie reunite?
5. What promise does Leslie ask Richard to make if she dies first?
6. Describe the setting of the wilderness planet.
7. What does Lorraine encourage Dave to do in these last months of his life?
8. How does Leslie influence Richard to focus and use his will to change the outcome of the crash?
9. How does Leslie react to seeing the new media center?
10. How did Leslie and Richard experience the passage of time differently when Leslie was dead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is intuition and how is the concept presented in this novel? How do Richard and Leslie rely on intuition? What does the author seem to be suggesting about using intuition?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how both Richard and Leslie positively influence their alternate selves. What important things do they help them understand so they can make better choices? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Richard tries to influence his younger self to quit the Air Force. What example does he use to support his argument that a pilot is left feeling the loss of all those he has killed. What does he say about the military leading young men on?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)