|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Richard drive after Leslie's death?
2. What does Leslie say she adopted Hy to be in her life?
3. What does Richard's alternate self invite Leslie and Richard to do in Chapter 12?
4. What does Richard say that Dave and his wife have taught him and Leslie?
5. What surprising activity does Dave want to do before he dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard tell Dave, the line-boy, at Santa Monica airport about the Seabird?
2. What does Pye tell Leslie and Richard is the reason she left them to fly alone?
3. What are Air Games?
4. What symbol do Leslie and Richard see in the water that marks their entry back home?
5. Describe the setting of the wilderness planet.
6. What do Leslie and Richard remember that Pye told them about guiding themselves home?
7. How do Richard and Leslie reunite?
8. Where do Leslie and Richard land when they jump out of the plane?
9. Describe Linda's competitive nature.
10. As Richard's alternate self, how is Krys described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Leslie and Richard reunite after the plane crash. What do they have to believe in in order to get past the wall of Richard's grief? How is Leslie able to breach the wall and help Richard create a new reality?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Richard and Leslie's experience at the conference. Who do they find there? What ideas parallel their own experiences in spacetime? Why do Richard and Leslie agree to talk about their experience at the conference?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of Pye's character in this novel. What role does she play and what do Richard and Leslie think of her? How do they feel about flying without her?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)