|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years does Leslie say it has been since Ronnie died?
2. What activity do Leslie and Richard undertake at Lake Healey?
3. What does Leslie wonder if they are trapped in in Chapter 19?
4. Who is Leslie crying about at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. What are Leslie and Richard celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is special about the restaurant that Leslie and Richard eat in after they arrive in Santa Monica?
2. Describe the setting of the wilderness planet.
3. Who does Leslie encounter in the afterlife?
4. Where do Leslie and Richard land when they jump out of the plane?
5. What does Richard learn from his alternate self when he imagines talking with him?
6. As Richard's alternate self, how is Krys described?
7. What symbol do Leslie and Richard see in the water that marks their entry back home?
8. What are Air Games?
9. How does Richard feel when they land in a bar?
10. How does Richard's alternate self make an important change in his life after his wife leaves him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the theme of love is used in this novel to transform characters and their lives. What opportunities does love open up to them? How does love provide the answers they seek?
Essay Topic 2
What are two important symbols of this novel? Discuss the ways they are used in the story and the meaning they convey.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of the young Leslie. What conflict does she have with her mother? How does her sense of determination compel her to achieve her dreams? In what way does Leslie's advice influence her?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)