Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard see on the wings of the airplane that the fighter plane has in its gun-sight?
2. When Leslie sees Ronnie, what does she say he looks like?
3. What do Leslie and Richard discover about Mashara?
4. What did Xiao do after he "destroyed" the fighter plane?
5. What does the line-boy say about flying a Seabird?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of Pye's character in this novel. What role does she play and what do Richard and Leslie think of her? How do they feel about flying without her?
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's viewpoint about humanity's ability to keep the earth safe? How does he use the character of Mashara as a symbol of protector? What does it suggest that she is a computer?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of the young Leslie. What conflict does she have with her mother? How does her sense of determination compel her to achieve her dreams? In what way does Leslie's advice influence her?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)