|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Richard's alternate self in Chapter 12?
2. What country does Richard's alternate self represent in the fighter plane competition?
3. What does Leslie say about Ronnie's personality when he was young?
4. When he hears Dave's story, what does Richard think he and Leslie should do once they get back home?
5. What does Richard's alternate self invite Leslie and Richard to do in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What symbol do Leslie and Richard see in the water that marks their entry back home?
2. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
3. What happens when Growly crashes into the water?
4. Describe the setting of the wilderness planet.
5. How does Leslie react to seeing the new media center?
6. What do Leslie and Richard remember that Pye told them about guiding themselves home?
7. What does Pye tell Leslie and Richard is the reason she left them to fly alone?
8. How did Leslie and Richard experience the passage of time differently when Leslie was dead?
9. Describe Linda's competitive nature.
10. Where do Leslie and Richard land when they jump out of the plane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Richard tries to influence his younger self to quit the Air Force. What example does he use to support his argument that a pilot is left feeling the loss of all those he has killed. What does he say about the military leading young men on?
Essay Topic 2
What is the author's viewpoint about humanity's ability to keep the earth safe? How does he use the character of Mashara as a symbol of protector? What does it suggest that she is a computer?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of violence in this novel. Does Richard have past lifetimes of living in a violent way? How so? In what ways has he evolved?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)