|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Growly"?
2. What does young Richard say he likes about flying fighter planes?
3. What is the Conover Agency?
4. What did the dog Richard had as a child like to eat?
5. What does Pye say that Richard and Leslie need in order to get back home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
2. Where are Richard and Leslie flying to when their world changes?
3. What does Leslie tell young Richard about when they will meet?
4. Describe the idea foundry.
5. How do Richard and Leslie try to explain their experience when Los Angeles disappears?
6. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
7. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
8. What does Leslie tell the young Leslie about her career as an actor?
9. Why does Leslie burn the sheaf of papers?
10. How does Leslie rely on her intuition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of Pye's character in this novel. What role does she play and what do Richard and Leslie think of her? How do they feel about flying without her?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the theme of love is used in this novel to transform characters and their lives. What opportunities does love open up to them? How does love provide the answers they seek?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the idea fairy? How does she express to Leslie and Richard where ideas come from? How has she been an important influence in Richard and Leslie's lives?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)