|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the old man Richard and Leslie meet on the mountainside?
2. What drives right through Leslie and Richard in Chapter 7?
3. What is Leslie's maiden name?
4. Where does Richard think they have landed at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. When there are sirens going off, what does Ivan take from the closet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leslie get Richard to agree to stay in their alternate universe?
2. What do Leslie and Richard find on the mountainside they land on?
3. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
4. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
5. Where do Leslie and Richard land when they jump out of the plane?
6. What does Pye tell Leslie and Richard is the reason she left them to fly alone?
7. Why do Leslie and Richard jump out the plane?
8. Who does Leslie encounter in the afterlife?
9. What do Leslie and Richard learn from eavesdropping on Lorraine and Dave?
10. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Leslie's experience in the afterlife. Who does she see there and why is it important that she has the opportunity to talk with them?
Essay Topic 2
What is the meaning of the title of this novel? How do Richard and Leslie experience themselves as being one with others? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Pye says "When you love someone, when you know they're ready to learn and grow, you set them free." Discuss how Richard and Leslie learn and grow when Pye is not there acting as a shield for them. What experiences do they have that help them determine their destiny?
This section contains 1,379 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)