Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Leslie scream when she and Richard are flying a plane in Chapter 2?
2. What makes Tink cry?
3. Who is Pye?
4. How much time does Richard estimate they have left to fly the plane when the fuel gauge is not working at the beginning of the novel?
5. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of Spring Hill.
2. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
3. Describe how Richard and Leslie learn that Tink is the idea fairy.
4. How does Richard's alternate self make an important change in his life after his wife leaves him?
5. As Richard's alternate self, how is Krys described?
6. Why does Leslie enter the tent in the desert?
7. What promise does Leslie ask Richard to make if she dies first?
8. How does Richard's dark side come out when Leslie is attacked in the desert?
9. What kinds of questions does the younger Richard ask the older Richard to answer in order to prove his identity?
10. What does Leslie realize might be one more test or challenge in the pattern?
How does Dave change from feeling bitter about his life to seeing possibilities in the months he has left? How does Lorraine help him see life in new way? In what ways does Dave's experience influence Richard and Leslie to live differently when they return home?
Discuss Leslie's experience in the afterlife. Who does she see there and why is it important that she has the opportunity to talk with them?
What are two important symbols of this novel? Discuss the ways they are used in the story and the meaning they convey.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)