|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who walks out of the elevator at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Where do Richard and Leslie try to land their plane at the beginning of the novel?
3. Who is Tink?
4. What year is it when Richard and Leslie land at William's Air Force base?
5. What is another name used for Attila the Hun?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tink influence Richard psychically regarding his first novel?
2. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie feel an earthquake.
3. What does Leslie tell the young Leslie about her career as an actor?
4. What reassurance does Leslie give Richard about his advice to his younger self?
5. Describe the idea foundry.
6. Where are Richard and Leslie flying to when their world changes?
7. What is unusual about the experience Leslie and Richard have in Moscow?
8. What does Richard tell the young man he talks with at William's Air Force base?
9. Why is Leslie proud of her younger self?
10. How do Richard and Leslie feel when Pye leaves them to fly alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Leslie's sense of adventure with Richard's. How is she the more adventurous one? Do her alternate selves also have this same adventurous quality? In what way?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the idea fairy? How does she express to Leslie and Richard where ideas come from? How has she been an important influence in Richard and Leslie's lives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Leslie's experience in the afterlife. Who does she see there and why is it important that she has the opportunity to talk with them?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)