|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Attila kill his guard?
2. What did Leslie give up as a young woman?
3. When there are sirens going off, what does Ivan take from the closet?
4. What does Pye tell Leslie she can use as a guide in Chapter 5?
5. What year is it when Richard and Leslie land at William's Air Force base?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leslie burn the sheaf of papers?
2. How do Richard and Leslie feel when Pye leaves them to fly alone?
3. What is unusual about the experience Leslie and Richard have in Moscow?
4. Where are Richard and Leslie flying to when their world changes?
5. How did Tink influence Richard psychically regarding his first novel?
6. What does Leslie tell young Richard about when they will meet?
7. What does Pye tell Richard and Leslie about where they are?
8. What does Richard tell the young man he talks with at William's Air Force base?
9. What do Leslie and Richard find on the mountainside they land on?
10. How does Richard's dark side come out when Leslie is attacked in the desert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the idea fairy? How does she express to Leslie and Richard where ideas come from? How has she been an important influence in Richard and Leslie's lives?
Essay Topic 2
Pye says "When you love someone, when you know they're ready to learn and grow, you set them free." Discuss how Richard and Leslie learn and grow when Pye is not there acting as a shield for them. What experiences do they have that help them determine their destiny?
Essay Topic 3
What do Leslie and Richard's spacetime travels show us about choice and destiny? Do their experiences suggest they can create a different reality just by making different choices? How so? Use textual examples to support your ideas.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)