|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Attila the Hun try to do to Leslie when she is in the desert tent?
2. What does Richard want to convince his younger self to do in Chapter 7?
3. What reason does Richard give for not wanting to enter the tent in the desert?
4. What runs through Leslie's body in the hotel hallway?
5. What is another name used for Attila the Hun?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tink influence Richard psychically regarding his first novel?
2. How does Leslie get Richard to agree to stay in their alternate universe?
3. What do Leslie and Richard find on the mountainside they land on?
4. How does Richard's dark side come out when Leslie is attacked in the desert?
5. Why is Leslie proud of her younger self?
6. How does Leslie rely on her intuition?
7. What is unusual about the experience Leslie and Richard have in Moscow?
8. Why does Leslie burn the sheaf of papers?
9. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
10. Why does Leslie enter the tent in the desert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of the young Leslie. What conflict does she have with her mother? How does her sense of determination compel her to achieve her dreams? In what way does Leslie's advice influence her?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the idea fairy? How does she express to Leslie and Richard where ideas come from? How has she been an important influence in Richard and Leslie's lives?
Essay Topic 3
What is intuition and how is the concept presented in this novel? How do Richard and Leslie rely on intuition? What does the author seem to be suggesting about using intuition?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)