|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does Richard estimate they have left to fly the plane when the fuel gauge is not working at the beginning of the novel?
2. What is the Conover Agency?
3. What does Richard say to Pye about flying up high in Chapter 4?
4. What does Pye tell Leslie she can use as a guide in Chapter 5?
5. What question does Richard ask Attila that makes him act violently?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leslie tell young Richard about when they will meet?
2. What does Pye tell Richard and Leslie about where they are?
3. Why does Richard tell his younger self about his role in bombing Kiev?
4. Why is Leslie proud of her younger self?
5. How did Tink influence Richard psychically regarding his first novel?
6. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
7. Where are Richard and Leslie flying to when their world changes?
8. How does Leslie get Richard to agree to stay in their alternate universe?
9. Describe the conflict between the younger Leslie and her mother.
10. What do Leslie and Richard find on the mountainside they land on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of violence in this novel. Does Richard have past lifetimes of living in a violent way? How so? In what ways has he evolved?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the idea fairy? How does she express to Leslie and Richard where ideas come from? How has she been an important influence in Richard and Leslie's lives?
Essay Topic 3
Pye says "When you love someone, when you know they're ready to learn and grow, you set them free." Discuss how Richard and Leslie learn and grow when Pye is not there acting as a shield for them. What experiences do they have that help them determine their destiny?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)