|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the compass after Leslie screams in Chapter 2?
2. What Hollywood studio did Leslie work at in 1962?
3. How does Richard describe the factory he and Leslie land in?
4. What kind of radio-controlled bird models are in the younger Richard's hotel room?
5. What does Attila the Hun try to do to Leslie when she is in the desert tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the idea foundry.
2. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
3. What does Pye tell Richard and Leslie about where they are?
4. What does Leslie tell young Richard about when they will meet?
5. What are Richard and Leslie confronted with in the hotel?
6. How do Richard and Leslie try to explain their experience when Los Angeles disappears?
7. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
8. Why does Richard tell his younger self about his role in bombing Kiev?
9. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
10. What does Leslie tell the young Leslie about her career as an actor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the idea fairy? How does she express to Leslie and Richard where ideas come from? How has she been an important influence in Richard and Leslie's lives?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Leslie's sense of adventure with Richard's. How is she the more adventurous one? Do her alternate selves also have this same adventurous quality? In what way?
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's viewpoint about humanity's ability to keep the earth safe? How does he use the character of Mashara as a symbol of protector? What does it suggest that she is a computer?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)