|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tink?
2. What does Pye suggest created Richard and Leslie's time changes?
3. In what city is the seventeen-year-old Leslie giving a recital?
4. Why does Richard want to splash into the ocean to wash Growly off?
5. What did the dog Richard had as a child like to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
2. What kinds of questions does the younger Richard ask the older Richard to answer in order to prove his identity?
3. What important concept does Richard think about on the mountainside after Le Clerc has left them alone?
4. Why is Leslie proud of her younger self?
5. What are Richard and Leslie confronted with in the hotel?
6. What is unusual about the experience Leslie and Richard have in Moscow?
7. What does Leslie tell the young Leslie about her career as an actor?
8. Describe how Richard and Leslie learn that Tink is the idea fairy.
9. Why does Richard tell his younger self about his role in bombing Kiev?
10. What does Richard tell the young man he talks with at William's Air Force base?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship do Leslie and Richard have at the beginning of the novel? How does it deepen and strengthen as they share a spacetime journey? In what way does their relationship change after they are reunited?
Essay Topic 2
What are two important symbols of this novel? Discuss the ways they are used in the story and the meaning they convey.
Essay Topic 3
What is the author's viewpoint about humanity's ability to keep the earth safe? How does he use the character of Mashara as a symbol of protector? What does it suggest that she is a computer?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)