|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is William's Air Force base located?
2. Why does Richard want to splash into the ocean to wash Growly off?
3. What does Tink give Leslie and Richard after they land the seaplane?
4. What Hollywood studio did Leslie work at in 1962?
5. How much time does Richard estimate they have left to fly the plane when the fuel gauge is not working at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leslie rely on her intuition?
2. What do Leslie and Richard find on the mountainside they land on?
3. Describe the conflict between the younger Leslie and her mother.
4. Why does Richard tell his younger self about his role in bombing Kiev?
5. How do Richard and Leslie try to explain their experience when Los Angeles disappears?
6. Describe how Richard and Leslie learn that Tink is the idea fairy.
7. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie feel an earthquake.
8. How does Richard's dark side come out when Leslie is attacked in the desert?
9. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
10. What kinds of questions does the younger Richard ask the older Richard to answer in order to prove his identity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the Air Games in achieving a prosperous and peaceful world. What does the pilot Linda say about how her world decided to change? In what way did the Air Games become big business?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Richard tries to influence his younger self to quit the Air Force. What example does he use to support his argument that a pilot is left feeling the loss of all those he has killed. What does he say about the military leading young men on?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationship do Leslie and Richard have at the beginning of the novel? How does it deepen and strengthen as they share a spacetime journey? In what way does their relationship change after they are reunited?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)