|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Hollywood studio did Leslie work at in 1962?
2. What does Tink give Leslie and Richard after they land the seaplane?
3. What is the name of the old man Richard and Leslie meet on the mountainside?
4. How many people might young Richard kill if he flies the plane that drops a hydrogen bomb in 1962?
5. What does Richard realize is part of him at the end of Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
2. How do Richard and Leslie feel when Pye leaves them to fly alone?
3. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
4. Where are Richard and Leslie flying to when their world changes?
5. What kinds of questions does the younger Richard ask the older Richard to answer in order to prove his identity?
6. Why does Leslie enter the tent in the desert?
7. How do Richard and Leslie try to explain their experience when Los Angeles disappears?
8. What does Pye tell Richard and Leslie about where they are?
9. What important concept does Richard think about on the mountainside after Le Clerc has left them alone?
10. How did Tink influence Richard psychically regarding his first novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of Pye's character in this novel. What role does she play and what do Richard and Leslie think of her? How do they feel about flying without her?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character of the young Leslie. What conflict does she have with her mother? How does her sense of determination compel her to achieve her dreams? In what way does Leslie's advice influence her?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the Air Games in achieving a prosperous and peaceful world. What does the pilot Linda say about how her world decided to change? In what way did the Air Games become big business?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)