|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Richard ask Attila that makes him act violently?
2. What did Lieutenant Wyatt write on the chalk board?
3. How many people might young Richard kill if he flies the plane that drops a hydrogen bomb in 1962?
4. What is the name of the old man Richard and Leslie meet on the mountainside?
5. What form does Pye take in Chapter 7 when Leslie asks her what "higher perception" they could have chosen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Richard and Leslie confronted with in the hotel?
2. How did Tink influence Richard psychically regarding his first novel?
3. Where are Richard and Leslie flying to when their world changes?
4. What do Leslie and Richard find on the mountainside they land on?
5. What does Leslie tell young Richard about when they will meet?
6. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
7. What does Leslie tell the young Leslie about her career as an actor?
8. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
9. What is unusual about the experience Leslie and Richard have in Moscow?
10. What reassurance does Leslie give Richard about his advice to his younger self?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how both Richard and Leslie positively influence their alternate selves. What important things do they help them understand so they can make better choices? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Pye says "When you love someone, when you know they're ready to learn and grow, you set them free." Discuss how Richard and Leslie learn and grow when Pye is not there acting as a shield for them. What experiences do they have that help them determine their destiny?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of the young Leslie. What conflict does she have with her mother? How does her sense of determination compel her to achieve her dreams? In what way does Leslie's advice influence her?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)