|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Conover Agency?
2. What does Tatiana say when the sirens go off?
3. What is the word for one of the core ideas that Atkins describes to Richard and Leslie?
4. What does Richard want to convince his younger self to do in Chapter 7?
5. Who is Pye?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leslie rely on her intuition?
2. What do Leslie and Richard find on the mountainside they land on?
3. Describe the conflict between the younger Leslie and her mother.
4. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie feel an earthquake.
5. How does Leslie get Richard to agree to stay in their alternate universe?
6. Describe the idea foundry.
7. What are Richard and Leslie confronted with in the hotel?
8. What is unusual about the experience Leslie and Richard have in Moscow?
9. What does Leslie tell the young Leslie about her career as an actor?
10. What reassurance does Leslie give Richard about his advice to his younger self?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how both Richard and Leslie positively influence their alternate selves. What important things do they help them understand so they can make better choices? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the Air Games in achieving a prosperous and peaceful world. What does the pilot Linda say about how her world decided to change? In what way did the Air Games become big business?
Essay Topic 3
How does Dave change from feeling bitter about his life to seeing possibilities in the months he has left? How does Lorraine help him see life in new way? In what ways does Dave's experience influence Richard and Leslie to live differently when they return home?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)