|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years ago does Richard say he and Leslie first met at the end of Chapter 2?
2. How does Richard describe Leslie's hair at the beginning of the novel?
3. What question does Richard ask Attila that makes him act violently?
4. How many minutes are Richard and Leslie from their destination when the novel begins?
5. Who is Phil Mizenhalter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Richard and Leslie confronted with in the hotel?
2. Why is Leslie proud of her younger self?
3. How does Leslie get Richard to agree to stay in their alternate universe?
4. Describe the conflict between the younger Leslie and her mother.
5. Describe how Richard and Leslie learn that Tink is the idea fairy.
6. What do Leslie and Richard find on the mountainside they land on?
7. Describe the idea foundry.
8. Why does Leslie enter the tent in the desert?
9. What does Leslie tell the young Leslie about her career as an actor?
10. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the idea fairy? How does she express to Leslie and Richard where ideas come from? How has she been an important influence in Richard and Leslie's lives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of violence in this novel. Does Richard have past lifetimes of living in a violent way? How so? In what ways has he evolved?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Leslie and Richard reunite after the plane crash. What do they have to believe in in order to get past the wall of Richard's grief? How is Leslie able to breach the wall and help Richard create a new reality?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)