|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Conover Agency?
2. What does the younger Leslie do when she gets off an elevator in Chapter 3?
3. What is Pye wearing?
4. How do Leslie and Richard feel without Pye in the seaplane?
5. What happens to the compass after Leslie screams in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard tell his younger self about his role in bombing Kiev?
2. How does Leslie get Richard to agree to stay in their alternate universe?
3. What are Richard and Leslie confronted with in the hotel?
4. How does Leslie rely on her intuition?
5. How did Tink influence Richard psychically regarding his first novel?
6. What important concept does Richard think about on the mountainside after Le Clerc has left them alone?
7. What does Leslie tell the young Leslie about her career as an actor?
8. What reassurance does Leslie give Richard about his advice to his younger self?
9. What do Leslie and Richard find on the mountainside they land on?
10. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of the young Leslie. What conflict does she have with her mother? How does her sense of determination compel her to achieve her dreams? In what way does Leslie's advice influence her?
Essay Topic 2
Pye says "When you love someone, when you know they're ready to learn and grow, you set them free." Discuss how Richard and Leslie learn and grow when Pye is not there acting as a shield for them. What experiences do they have that help them determine their destiny?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the theme of love is used in this novel to transform characters and their lives. What opportunities does love open up to them? How does love provide the answers they seek?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)