|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When there are sirens going off, what does Ivan take from the closet?
2. What does young Richard say he likes about flying fighter planes?
3. What does the young Leslie ask Leslie and Richard before they leave at the end of Chapter 6?
4. What does the girl in Chapter 6 say she hates?
5. What kind of animal does Tatiana say "Hallo" to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Richard and Leslie try to explain their experience when Los Angeles disappears?
2. Why does Leslie enter the tent in the desert?
3. What are Richard and Leslie confronted with in the hotel?
4. What do Leslie and Richard remember that Pye told them about guiding themselves home?
5. How does Leslie influence Richard to focus and use his will to change the outcome of the crash?
6. Describe Dave and Lorraine's physical appearance.
7. Describe the conflict between the younger Leslie and her mother.
8. How do Richard and Leslie reunite?
9. What is unusual about the experience Leslie and Richard have in Moscow?
10. What do Leslie and Richard find on the mountainside they land on?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of violence in this novel. Does Richard have past lifetimes of living in a violent way? How so? In what ways has he evolved?
Essay Topic 2
What is intuition and how is the concept presented in this novel? How do Richard and Leslie rely on intuition? What does the author seem to be suggesting about using intuition?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of Pye's character in this novel. What role does she play and what do Richard and Leslie think of her? How do they feel about flying without her?
This section contains 1,451 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)