|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Richard have to fight to defend Leslie in the desert?
2. What does the young Leslie's family think of her as stated in Chapter 6?
3. What nickname does Richard call Leslie in Chapter 8?
4. How does Richard describe the factory he and Leslie land in?
5. What drives right through Leslie and Richard in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Richard and Leslie flying to when their world changes?
2. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
3. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
4. How do Richard and Leslie feel when Pye leaves them to fly alone?
5. What does Leslie tell the young Leslie about her career as an actor?
6. Why does Leslie enter the tent in the desert?
7. How do Richard and Leslie try to explain their experience when Los Angeles disappears?
8. What reassurance does Leslie give Richard about his advice to his younger self?
9. Why does Richard tell his younger self about his role in bombing Kiev?
10. How does Leslie get Richard to agree to stay in their alternate universe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Leslie and Richard reunite after the plane crash. What do they have to believe in in order to get past the wall of Richard's grief? How is Leslie able to breach the wall and help Richard create a new reality?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the idea fairy? How does she express to Leslie and Richard where ideas come from? How has she been an important influence in Richard and Leslie's lives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Richard tries to influence his younger self to quit the Air Force. What example does he use to support his argument that a pilot is left feeling the loss of all those he has killed. What does he say about the military leading young men on?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)