|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who walks out of the elevator at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What Hollywood studio did Leslie work at in 1962?
3. When there are sirens going off, what does Ivan take from the closet?
4. What is Pye wearing?
5. Who is Pye?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leslie react to seeing the new media center?
2. What are Air Games?
3. How do Richard and Leslie feel when Pye leaves them to fly alone?
4. Describe the idea foundry.
5. What does Leslie tell the young Leslie about her career as an actor?
6. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
7. Where do Leslie and Richard land when they jump out of the plane?
8. How did Leslie and Richard experience the passage of time differently when Leslie was dead?
9. What kinds of questions does the younger Richard ask the older Richard to answer in order to prove his identity?
10. What happens when Growly crashes into the water?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Leslie's experience in the afterlife. Who does she see there and why is it important that she has the opportunity to talk with them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of violence in this novel. Does Richard have past lifetimes of living in a violent way? How so? In what ways has he evolved?
Essay Topic 3
How does Dave change from feeling bitter about his life to seeing possibilities in the months he has left? How does Lorraine help him see life in new way? In what ways does Dave's experience influence Richard and Leslie to live differently when they return home?
This section contains 1,408 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)