|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name used for Attila the Hun?
2. What does Richard want to convince his younger self to do in Chapter 7?
3. What city does Richard say the young Richard might drop a hydrogen bomb on?
4. How much time does Richard estimate they have left to fly the plane when the fuel gauge is not working at the beginning of the novel?
5. What makes Leslie scream when she and Richard are flying a plane in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Leslie and Richard find on the mountainside they land on?
2. How do Richard and Leslie try to explain their experience when Los Angeles disappears?
3. How does Richard's dark side come out when Leslie is attacked in the desert?
4. What reassurance does Leslie give Richard about his advice to his younger self?
5. What important concept does Richard think about on the mountainside after Le Clerc has left them alone?
6. Why does Leslie enter the tent in the desert?
7. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
8. How does Leslie rely on her intuition?
9. What does Leslie tell the young Leslie about her career as an actor?
10. Describe the idea foundry.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Dave change from feeling bitter about his life to seeing possibilities in the months he has left? How does Lorraine help him see life in new way? In what ways does Dave's experience influence Richard and Leslie to live differently when they return home?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character of the young Leslie. What conflict does she have with her mother? How does her sense of determination compel her to achieve her dreams? In what way does Leslie's advice influence her?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the theme of love is used in this novel to transform characters and their lives. What opportunities does love open up to them? How does love provide the answers they seek?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)