Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Leslie scream when she and Richard are flying a plane in Chapter 2?
2. What makes Tink cry?
3. Who is Pye?
4. How much time does Richard estimate they have left to fly the plane when the fuel gauge is not working at the beginning of the novel?
5. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of Spring Hill.
2. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
3. Describe how Richard and Leslie learn that Tink is the idea fairy.
4. How does Richard's alternate self make an important change in his life after his wife leaves him?
5. As Richard's alternate self, how is Krys described?
6. Why does Leslie enter the tent in the desert?
7. What promise does Leslie ask Richard to make if she dies first?
8. How does Richard's dark side come out when Leslie is attacked in the desert?
9. What kinds of questions does the younger Richard ask the older Richard to answer in order to prove his identity?
10. What does Leslie realize might be one more test or challenge in the pattern?
Essay Topic 1
Pye says "When you love someone, when you know they're ready to learn and grow, you set them free." Discuss how Richard and Leslie learn and grow when Pye is not there acting as a shield for them. What experiences do they have that help them determine their destiny?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Leslie and Richard reunite after the plane crash. What do they have to believe in in order to get past the wall of Richard's grief? How is Leslie able to breach the wall and help Richard create a new reality?
Essay Topic 3
What is intuition and how is the concept presented in this novel? How do Richard and Leslie rely on intuition? What does the author seem to be suggesting about using intuition?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)