|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word for one of the core ideas that Atkins describes to Richard and Leslie?
2. What does the young Leslie's family think of her as stated in Chapter 6?
3. What is the Conover Agency?
4. What question does Richard ask Attila that makes him act violently?
5. Where do Richard and Leslie try to land their plane at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of questions does the younger Richard ask the older Richard to answer in order to prove his identity?
2. Where are Richard and Leslie flying to when their world changes?
3. Why does Richard tell his younger self about his role in bombing Kiev?
4. How does Leslie rely on her intuition?
5. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
6. Describe the conflict between the younger Leslie and her mother.
7. Why is Leslie proud of her younger self?
8. Why does Leslie burn the sheaf of papers?
9. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
10. What important concept does Richard think about on the mountainside after Le Clerc has left them alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Richard tries to influence his younger self to quit the Air Force. What example does he use to support his argument that a pilot is left feeling the loss of all those he has killed. What does he say about the military leading young men on?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of Pye's character in this novel. What role does she play and what do Richard and Leslie think of her? How do they feel about flying without her?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationship do Leslie and Richard have at the beginning of the novel? How does it deepen and strengthen as they share a spacetime journey? In what way does their relationship change after they are reunited?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)