|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young Leslie's family think of her as stated in Chapter 6?
2. What is the Conover Agency?
3. What was the name of Richard's dog when he was a child?
4. What is Leslie's maiden name?
5. In what city is the seventeen-year-old Leslie giving a recital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leslie tell young Richard about when they will meet?
2. Why is Leslie proud of her younger self?
3. How do Richard and Leslie try to explain their experience when Los Angeles disappears?
4. What kinds of questions does the younger Richard ask the older Richard to answer in order to prove his identity?
5. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie feel an earthquake.
6. What reassurance does Leslie give Richard about his advice to his younger self?
7. Describe how Richard and Leslie learn that Tink is the idea fairy.
8. What important concept does Richard think about on the mountainside after Le Clerc has left them alone?
9. How did Tink influence Richard psychically regarding his first novel?
10. How does Leslie rely on her intuition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do Leslie and Richard's spacetime travels show us about choice and destiny? Do their experiences suggest they can create a different reality just by making different choices? How so? Use textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
What is the meaning of the title of this novel? How do Richard and Leslie experience themselves as being one with others? Provide specific textual examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Leslie and Richard reunite after the plane crash. What do they have to believe in in order to get past the wall of Richard's grief? How is Leslie able to breach the wall and help Richard create a new reality?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)