|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years ago does Richard say he and Leslie first met at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What does Atkin say an idea needs in order to change the world?
3. When there are sirens going off, what does Ivan take from the closet?
4. What makes Leslie scream when she and Richard are flying a plane in Chapter 2?
5. Where do Richard and Leslie land in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie feel an earthquake.
2. What does Richard tell the young man he talks with at William's Air Force base?
3. Why does Leslie burn the sheaf of papers?
4. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
5. What is unusual about the experience Leslie and Richard have in Moscow?
6. What kinds of questions does the younger Richard ask the older Richard to answer in order to prove his identity?
7. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
8. How do Richard and Leslie feel when Pye leaves them to fly alone?
9. How do Richard and Leslie try to explain their experience when Los Angeles disappears?
10. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Richard and Leslie's experience at the conference. Who do they find there? What ideas parallel their own experiences in spacetime? Why do Richard and Leslie agree to talk about their experience at the conference?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of violence in this novel. Does Richard have past lifetimes of living in a violent way? How so? In what ways has he evolved?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Leslie and Richard reunite after the plane crash. What do they have to believe in in order to get past the wall of Richard's grief? How is Leslie able to breach the wall and help Richard create a new reality?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)