|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instructions does a voice tell Richard to follow in Chapter 12?
(a) Fly until the light disappears.
(b) Fly low.
(c) Fly right, then left.
(d) Fly till the pattern turns amber.
2. What does Lorraine suggest she and Dave do with the time they have left together?
(a) Go to church more often.
(b) Create a list of things they'd like to do and then do them.
(c) Clean out their garage.
(d) Spend time alone at home.
3. Where do Leslie and Richard land the plane in Chapter 21?
(a) San Diego airport.
(b) Santa Monica airport.
(c) Sacramento airport.
(d) O'Hare airport.
4. When Leslie and Richard land in the wilderness planet, what movie does Leslie say it looks like?
(a) Planet of the Apes.
(b) Space Odyssey.
(c) Star Trek.
(d) Lost in Space.
5. Why does Richard think he failed an important test when the plane crashed?
(a) He forgot to put down the landing gear.
(b) He did a bad job landing the plane.
(c) He didn't radio into the airport.
(d) He didn't hold on to what he knew was true.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dave dream of traveling to in Europe?
2. Where does Richard sleep after Leslie dies?
3. What does Richard buy after Leslie dies?
4. What birds did Dave use to watch from the jetty?
5. What happens when Richard drives the throttle forward at the end of Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leslie influence Richard to focus and use his will to change the outcome of the crash?
2. Describe Dave and Lorraine's physical appearance.
3. What does Richard tell Dave, the line-boy, at Santa Monica airport about the Seabird?
4. How does Richard's alternate self make an important change in his life after his wife leaves him?
5. What do Leslie and Richard learn from eavesdropping on Lorraine and Dave?
6. How does Richard feel when they land in a bar?
7. As Richard's alternate self, how is Krys described?
8. Who is Marshara?
9. Describe Linda's competitive nature.
10. What symbol do Leslie and Richard see in the water that marks their entry back home?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)