|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mashara call the animal who is hurt?
2. When the line-boy asks Richard where he has been, how does Richard respond?
(a) To alternate universes.
(b) Oh, just flying around.
(c) Here and there.
(d) Down to the coast and back.
3. How many months does Richard believe passed from the time Leslie died to the time they reconnect?
(a) Nine weeks.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
4. When Leslie and Richard land in a new universe in Chapter 13, what color is the sun and sky?
(a) Purple and gold.
(b) Silver and green.
(c) Copper and violet.
(d) Yellow and red.
5. What does the line-boy say about flying a Seabird?
(a) It's too much plane for him to handle.
(b) He's heard they can land almost anywhere.
(c) They handle well in turbulence.
(d) They have a bad reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Hy's death?
2. What symbol does Richard see in the water at the beginning of Chapter 20?
3. What does Leslie see Richard dragging to the surface of the water after the plane crashes in the ocean?
4. According to the alternate Richard in Chapter 16, what does his wife accuse him of?
5. What is the sport called that the fighter planes are competing in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard tell Dave, the line-boy, at Santa Monica airport about the Seabird?
2. What does Lorraine encourage Dave to do in these last months of his life?
3. Who is Marshara?
4. What is special about the restaurant that Leslie and Richard eat in after they arrive in Santa Monica?
5. Describe Linda's competitive nature.
6. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
7. Describe the setting of the wilderness planet.
8. What promise does Leslie ask Richard to make if she dies first?
9. How does Leslie influence Richard to focus and use his will to change the outcome of the crash?
10. How did Leslie and Richard experience the passage of time differently when Leslie was dead?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)