|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leslie see Richard dragging to the surface of the water after the plane crashes in the ocean?
(a) Her body.
(b) Their belongings.
(c) A box of books.
(d) The black box.
2. What does Richard's alternate self invite Leslie and Richard to do in Chapter 12?
(a) Fly with him.
(b) Talk to the press.
(c) Stay the night.
(d) Have dinner.
3. According to the alternate Richard in Chapter 16, what does his wife accuse him of?
(a) Sleeping all the time.
(b) Not helping out enough.
(c) Getting in her way by trying to help.
(d) Being a neat freak.
4. What does Leslie like on the menu when she goes to the restaurant on Robertson Boulevard?
(a) Chicken salad.
(b) Caeser salad.
(c) Roots-of-heaven salad.
(d) Egg sandwich.
5. Who does Richard quote when he and Leslie are driving to the hotel?
(b) John F. Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what does Leslie say that Pye told them to use to guide themselves home?
2. What is the name of Richard's alternate self in Chapter 12?
3. What does the air smell like in the wilderness planet?
4. What does Leslie wonder if they are trapped in in Chapter 19?
5. When Leslie and Richard land in a new universe in Chapter 13, what color is the sun and sky?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Growly crashes into the water?
2. Why do Leslie and Richard jump out the plane?
3. What does Pye tell Leslie and Richard is the reason she left them to fly alone?
4. What do Leslie and Richard remember that Pye told them about guiding themselves home?
5. Who does Leslie encounter in the afterlife?
6. What does Leslie realize might be one more test or challenge in the pattern?
7. As Richard's alternate self, how is Krys described?
8. What is special about the restaurant that Leslie and Richard eat in after they arrive in Santa Monica?
9. Describe the setting of the wilderness planet.
10. How did Leslie and Richard experience the passage of time differently when Leslie was dead?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)