|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the air smell like in the wilderness planet?
(b) Pear blossoms.
2. What does Mashara call the animal who is hurt?
3. According to the alternate Richard in Chapter 16, what does his wife accuse him of?
(a) Getting in her way by trying to help.
(b) Not helping out enough.
(c) Being a neat freak.
(d) Sleeping all the time.
4. What does the line-boy say about flying a Seabird?
(a) They handle well in turbulence.
(b) It's too much plane for him to handle.
(c) They have a bad reputation.
(d) He's heard they can land almost anywhere.
5. What does Hy tell Leslie when she says she has to get back to Richard?
(a) Richard knows she's okay.
(b) He can help her.
(c) He has talked to Richard.
(d) That she's dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbol does Richard see in the water at the beginning of Chapter 20?
2. What does Richard say that Dave and his wife have taught him and Leslie?
3. What does Richard call Dave when he hears him complaining about Richard's book?
4. What caused Hy's death?
5. What does Richard do when the seaplane crashes in the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Richard's alternate self, how is Krys described?
2. How does Richard's alternate self make an important change in his life after his wife leaves him?
3. What does Pye tell Leslie and Richard is the reason she left them to fly alone?
4. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
5. Why do Leslie and Richard jump out the plane?
6. Describe Dave and Lorraine's physical appearance.
7. What does Richard learn from his alternate self when he imagines talking with him?
8. What do Leslie and Richard remember that Pye told them about guiding themselves home?
9. How do Richard and Leslie reunite?
10. How does Richard feel when they land in a bar?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)