|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Leslie sees Ronnie, what does she say he looks like?
(a) Older and white-haired.
(b) Heavy and short.
(c) Tall and thin and shy.
(d) Vivacious and average height.
2. Who is Leslie crying about at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Tatiana and Ivan.
3. What happens when Mashara dies?
(a) Leslie is sent back in time.
(b) Richard and Leslie have to leave her.
(c) Richard hurtles into another universe.
(d) Leslie brings her back to life.
4. What do Leslie and Richard find at Lake Healey?
(a) An interesting man.
(b) Lots of people.
(c) No lake.
(d) A plane just like Growly.
5. What does Richard do when the seaplane crashes in the water?
(a) Gets Leslie out of the plane and brings her to the surface.
(b) Swims as fast as he can to the surface.
(c) Uses his intuition to transport them to another place.
(d) Calls for help from Pye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Richard drives the throttle forward at the end of Chapter 17?
2. What does Leslie see Richard dragging to the surface of the water after the plane crashes in the ocean?
3. What is the name of the woman flying the fighter plane who is an alternate Leslie?
4. Where do Ronnie and Hy take Leslie to talk?
5. What country does Richard's alternate self represent in the fighter plane competition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What symbol do Leslie and Richard see in the water that marks their entry back home?
2. What does Richard tell Dave, the line-boy, at Santa Monica airport about the Seabird?
3. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
4. As Richard's alternate self, how is Krys described?
5. What does Pye tell Leslie and Richard is the reason she left them to fly alone?
6. Describe the setting of the wilderness planet.
7. How does Richard's alternate self make an important change in his life after his wife leaves him?
8. Describe Linda's competitive nature.
9. What is special about the restaurant that Leslie and Richard eat in after they arrive in Santa Monica?
10. Who is Marshara?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)