Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Leslie scream when she and Richard are flying a plane in Chapter 2?
(a) A bird hitting the window.
(b) Yellow flash.
(d) Seeing another plane so close.
2. What makes Tink cry?
(a) When Leslie says they love her.
(b) When Leslie criticizes her.
(c) When Richard and Leslie break some crystals.
(d) When Richard says he never heard about her.
3. Who is Pye?
(a) Pilot friend of Richard's.
(b) The person Richard and Leslie find in the airplane.
(c) Friend of the younger Leslie.
(d) Airport controller.
4. How much time does Richard estimate they have left to fly the plane when the fuel gauge is not working at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Forty minutes.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Twenty minutes.
5. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
(a) By their hats.
(b) By their shoes.
(c) By their accents.
(d) By their hairstyles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Attila kill his guard?
2. What tourist industry does Ivan tell Leslie and Richard about?
3. In what government agency does Ivan work?
4. What does the young Leslie's family think of her as stated in Chapter 6?
5. How many minutes are Richard and Leslie from their destination when the novel begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of Spring Hill.
2. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
3. Describe how Richard and Leslie learn that Tink is the idea fairy.
4. How does Richard's alternate self make an important change in his life after his wife leaves him?
5. As Richard's alternate self, how is Krys described?
6. Why does Leslie enter the tent in the desert?
7. What promise does Leslie ask Richard to make if she dies first?
8. How does Richard's dark side come out when Leslie is attacked in the desert?
9. What kinds of questions does the younger Richard ask the older Richard to answer in order to prove his identity?
10. What does Leslie realize might be one more test or challenge in the pattern?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)