|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does young Richard say he likes about flying fighter planes?
(b) Destroying targets.
(d) Flying through clouds.
2. What year is it when Richard and Leslie land at William's Air Force base?
3. What is a subject that Richard says in Chapter 8 that he likes to read about?
(b) Irish music.
(d) Military history.
4. What is the thin young woman playing in the old stone house when Leslie and Richard arrive?
5. At the beginning of the novel, where do Richard and Leslie plan to meet scientific researchers?
(a) Spring Hill.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Palm Springs.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Hollywood studio did Leslie work at in 1962?
2. What does the girl in Chapter 6 say she hates?
3. Why does Attila kill his guard?
4. Where does Richard think they have landed at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. What is the name of the old man Richard and Leslie meet on the mountainside?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the idea foundry.
2. What does Leslie tell the young Leslie about her career as an actor?
3. What kinds of questions does the younger Richard ask the older Richard to answer in order to prove his identity?
4. Why does Leslie burn the sheaf of papers?
5. How do Richard and Leslie feel when Pye leaves them to fly alone?
6. What does Richard tell the young man he talks with at William's Air Force base?
7. What reassurance does Leslie give Richard about his advice to his younger self?
8. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
9. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
10. What are Richard and Leslie confronted with in the hotel?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)