|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan encourage Leslie and Richard to do when the sirens go off?
(a) Go back to their world.
(b) Write to him when they get home.
(c) Come with him to safety.
(d) Keep an eye on his apartment.
2. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
(a) By their accents.
(b) By their hats.
(c) By their hairstyles.
(d) By their shoes.
3. Why does Richard want to splash into the ocean to wash Growly off?
(a) The sea salt will make it shine.
(b) Symbolic cleansing.
(c) It has blood on it.
(d) He hopes the water will stain it blue.
4. What drives right through Leslie and Richard in Chapter 7?
(a) Fuel truck.
5. What runs through Leslie's body in the hotel hallway?
(a) A glass.
(c) Maid's cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl in Chapter 6 say she hates?
2. What does young Richard say he likes about flying fighter planes?
3. What city vanishes when Richard is flying a plane at the beginning of the novel?
4. What is another name used for Attila the Hun?
5. How many years ago does Richard say he and Leslie first met at the end of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Air Games?
2. Describe how Richard and Leslie learn that Tink is the idea fairy.
3. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
4. What happens when Growly crashes into the water?
5. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie feel an earthquake.
6. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
7. What does Richard tell the young man he talks with at William's Air Force base?
8. What reassurance does Leslie give Richard about his advice to his younger self?
9. How did Tink influence Richard psychically regarding his first novel?
10. What is special about the restaurant that Leslie and Richard eat in after they arrive in Santa Monica?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)