|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel, where do Richard and Leslie plan to meet scientific researchers?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Palm Springs.
(c) Spring Hill.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. What happens to the compass after Leslie screams in Chapter 2?
(d) Falls off the instrument panel.
3. Who is Tink?
(a) Assistant to Atkins.
(b) Richard's niece.
(c) Leslie's younger sister.
(d) Idea fairy.
4. What is the thin young woman playing in the old stone house when Leslie and Richard arrive?
5. What is the man doing that Richard and Leslie see in the mountains?
(a) Washing his clothes in a stream.
(b) Cooking food over a campfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Conover Agency?
2. In what government agency does Ivan work?
3. Why does Richard want to splash into the ocean to wash Growly off?
4. What drives right through Leslie and Richard in Chapter 7?
5. How does Richard describe Leslie's hair at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leslie burn the sheaf of papers?
2. What does Richard tell the young man he talks with at William's Air Force base?
3. Describe how Richard and Leslie learn that Tink is the idea fairy.
4. What do Leslie and Richard find on the mountainside they land on?
5. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie feel an earthquake.
6. How does Leslie rely on her intuition?
7. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
8. How did Tink influence Richard psychically regarding his first novel?
9. Why does Richard tell his younger self about his role in bombing Kiev?
10. Describe the idea foundry.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)