|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city vanishes when Richard is flying a plane at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
2. Where does Richard say he gets his ideas from?
(a) While hiking.
(b) The sleep fairy.
(c) From books.
(d) From other people.
3. Where does Richard think they have landed at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(d) South America.
4. What was the name of Richard's dog when he was a child?
5. What does Tink give Leslie and Richard after they land the seaplane?
(d) Hard hats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Tink cry?
2. What is the name of the hotel Richard and Leslie have landed in when they see their younger selves?
3. Before Pye leaves Leslie and Richard in Chapter 8, what advice does she give them?
4. Who is Tink?
5. What happens to the compass after Leslie screams in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leslie get Richard to agree to stay in their alternate universe?
2. What important concept does Richard think about on the mountainside after Le Clerc has left them alone?
3. Describe the conflict between the younger Leslie and her mother.
4. Describe the idea foundry.
5. How do Richard and Leslie try to explain their experience when Los Angeles disappears?
6. What are Richard and Leslie confronted with in the hotel?
7. Describe how Richard and Leslie learn that Tink is the idea fairy.
8. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
9. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie feel an earthquake.
10. What does Pye tell Richard and Leslie about where they are?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)