|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Conover Agency?
(a) Detective agency.
(b) Insurance agency.
(c) Government agency.
(d) Modeling agency.
2. How many people might young Richard kill if he flies the plane that drops a hydrogen bomb in 1962?
(a) Twenty thousand.
(b) Thirteen hundred.
(c) Nine hundred thousand.
(d) Sixty thousand.
3. How does Richard describe Leslie's hair at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Reddish brown.
(d) Black as night.
4. What Hollywood studio did Leslie work at in 1962?
(a) Warner Brothers.
(b) Twentieth Century-Fox.
(d) Walt Disney Studios.
5. What is Pye wearing?
(a) Long flowing printed skirt.
(b) Shorts and a tank top.
(c) Jeans and plaid shirt.
(d) Skirt and blouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "We have some required courses: Survival, Nourishment, and Shelter."
2. Where is William's Air Force base located?
3. What tourist industry does Ivan tell Leslie and Richard about?
4. Who does Richard have to fight to defend Leslie in the desert?
5. What did Leslie give up as a young woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Richard and Leslie confronted with in the hotel?
2. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie feel an earthquake.
3. What important concept does Richard think about on the mountainside after Le Clerc has left them alone?
4. What does Pye tell Richard and Leslie about where they are?
5. Describe how Richard and Leslie learn that Tink is the idea fairy.
6. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
7. Where are Richard and Leslie flying to when their world changes?
8. How does Leslie rely on her intuition?
9. How do Richard and Leslie try to explain their experience when Los Angeles disappears?
10. How do Richard and Leslie feel when Pye leaves them to fly alone?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)