|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form does Pye take in Chapter 7 when Leslie asks her what "higher perception" they could have chosen?
(c) Blue-white star.
2. What reason does Richard give for not wanting to enter the tent in the desert?
(a) He'd rather visit with Tink.
(b) He thinks he's made a mistake.
(c) The seaplane is sinking.
(d) Pye is trying to get them back to another dimension.
3. What does Tatiana say when the sirens go off?
(a) Volcano eruption!
4. How much time does Richard estimate they have left to fly the plane when the fuel gauge is not working at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) Six hours.
5. What runs through Leslie's body in the hotel hallway?
(c) Maid's cart.
(d) A glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Atkin say an idea needs in order to change the world?
2. What does the girl in Chapter 6 say she hates?
3. What does Richard say to Pye about flying up high in Chapter 4?
4. How does Richard describe the factory he and Leslie land in?
5. What does the young Leslie ask Leslie and Richard before they leave at the end of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of questions does the younger Richard ask the older Richard to answer in order to prove his identity?
2. Describe Dave and Lorraine's physical appearance.
3. Why do Leslie and Richard decide to tell the conference attendees about their experience with spacetime?
4. What does Ronnie tell Leslie in Yosemite?
5. What does Pye tell Leslie and Richard is the reason she left them to fly alone?
6. How do Richard and Leslie try to explain their experience when Los Angeles disappears?
7. What reassurance does Leslie give Richard about his advice to his younger self?
8. Describe the idea foundry.
9. Who does Leslie encounter in the afterlife?
10. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)