|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard realize is part of him at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Nomadic life.
(b) Attila's violent ways.
(c) Belief in passive resistance.
(d) A peaceful past.
2. How much time does Richard estimate they have left to fly the plane when the fuel gauge is not working at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) Six hours.
3. How many years ago does Richard say he and Leslie first met at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Forty years.
4. What does Tatiana say when the sirens go off?
(a) Volcano eruption!
5. What does Atkin say an idea needs in order to change the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say he was once terrified of in Chapter 1?
2. What did Lieutenant Wyatt write on the chalk board?
3. Where do Richard and Leslie try to land their plane at the beginning of the novel?
4. What runs through Leslie's body in the hotel hallway?
5. What is another name used for Attila the Hun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard tell his younger self about his role in bombing Kiev?
2. Describe the conflict between the younger Leslie and her mother.
3. Why does Leslie burn the sheaf of papers?
4. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
5. How do Richard and Leslie feel when Pye leaves them to fly alone?
6. What important concept does Richard think about on the mountainside after Le Clerc has left them alone?
7. What are Richard and Leslie confronted with in the hotel?
8. What does Leslie tell the young Leslie about her career as an actor?
9. How does Richard's dark side come out when Leslie is attacked in the desert?
10. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)