|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years ago does Richard say he and Leslie first met at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Forty years.
2. At the beginning of the novel, where do Richard and Leslie plan to meet scientific researchers?
(a) Palm Springs.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Spring Hill.
3. What makes Tink cry?
(a) When Leslie criticizes her.
(b) When Leslie says they love her.
(c) When Richard says he never heard about her.
(d) When Richard and Leslie break some crystals.
4. What kind of animal does Tatiana say "Hallo" to?
5. When there are sirens going off, what does Ivan take from the closet?
(b) Two overnight bags.
(d) Face masks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tatiana say when the sirens go off?
2. What does Pye tell Leslie she can use as a guide in Chapter 5?
3. How does Richard describe the factory he and Leslie land in?
4. What does Attila the Hun try to do to Leslie when she is in the desert tent?
5. Before Pye leaves Leslie and Richard in Chapter 8, what advice does she give them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leslie burn the sheaf of papers?
2. How do Richard and Leslie feel when Pye leaves them to fly alone?
3. What reassurance does Leslie give Richard about his advice to his younger self?
4. Why does Richard tell his younger self about his role in bombing Kiev?
5. Describe the conflict between the younger Leslie and her mother.
6. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie feel an earthquake.
7. What important concept does Richard think about on the mountainside after Le Clerc has left them alone?
8. How did Tink influence Richard psychically regarding his first novel?
9. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
10. How does Richard's dark side come out when Leslie is attacked in the desert?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)