|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard want to convince his younger self to do in Chapter 7?
(a) Quit the Air Force.
(b) Stay in the Air Force.
(c) Listen to the president's orders.
(d) Be a better pilot.
2. What is Leslie's maiden name?
3. What descriptive phrase does Attila use to describe himself?
(a) King of Monsters.
(b) Leader of Honorable Men.
(c) God's Helper.
(d) Scourge of God.
4. What does young Richard say he likes about flying fighter planes?
(c) Destroying targets.
(d) Flying through clouds.
5. What does the young Leslie's family think of her as stated in Chapter 6?
(a) That she's stubborn and strange.
(b) She is an excellent singer.
(c) She is special and needs all their support.
(d) She doesn't work hard enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pye say that Richard and Leslie need in order to get back home?
2. What does Atkin say an idea needs in order to change the world?
3. What does Pye tell Leslie she can use as a guide in Chapter 5?
4. What is another name used for Attila the Hun?
5. What does the girl in Chapter 6 say she hates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
2. How do Richard and Leslie feel when Pye leaves them to fly alone?
3. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie feel an earthquake.
4. Where are Richard and Leslie flying to when their world changes?
5. Describe the idea foundry.
6. How does Richard's dark side come out when Leslie is attacked in the desert?
7. How do Richard and Leslie try to explain their experience when Los Angeles disappears?
8. What important concept does Richard think about on the mountainside after Le Clerc has left them alone?
9. Describe how Richard and Leslie learn that Tink is the idea fairy.
10. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)