|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pye suggest created Richard and Leslie's time changes?
(b) Belief in time travel.
2. What does the girl in Chapter 6 say she hates?
(b) Being hungry.
(d) Rainy days.
3. What is the name of the hotel Richard and Leslie have landed in when they see their younger selves?
(a) Holiday Inn.
(b) Comfort Inn.
(c) Marriott Hotel.
(d) Crowne Plaza.
4. What question does Richard ask Attila that makes him act violently?
(a) Where can we stay the night?
(b) Why are you so frightened?
(c) Where are the nicer tents?
(d) How do we get out of here?
5. Where do Richard and Leslie try to land their plane at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Airport runway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lieutenant Wyatt write on the chalk board?
2. Where does Richard think they have landed at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. In what government agency does Ivan work?
4. Who says, "We have some required courses: Survival, Nourishment, and Shelter."
5. What descriptive phrase does Attila use to describe himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of help does the young Leslie want from Leslie and Richard?
2. What kinds of questions does the younger Richard ask the older Richard to answer in order to prove his identity?
3. What do Leslie and Richard find on the mountainside they land on?
4. What is unusual about the experience Leslie and Richard have in Moscow?
5. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
6. What does Richard tell the young man he talks with at William's Air Force base?
7. What does Pye tell Richard and Leslie about where they are?
8. Describe the conflict between the younger Leslie and her mother.
9. What are Richard and Leslie confronted with in the hotel?
10. How did Tink influence Richard psychically regarding his first novel?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)