|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard say to Pye about flying up high in Chapter 4?
(a) They can get perspective.
(b) Death will come if they fly higher.
(c) The plane can't handle a higher altitude.
(d) He is scared to go any higher.
2. Where is William's Air Force base located?
(d) North Dakota.
3. What color sport coat is the younger Richard wearing in the hotel when Richard talks with him?
4. What does Ivan say Communists like?
(a) Political autonomy.
5. What does the young Leslie ask Leslie and Richard before they leave at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) If she will see them again.
(b) Whether she will get into the conservatory of her choice.
(c) What their ages are.
(d) How old she will be when she marries Richard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who walks out of the elevator at the end of Chapter 2?
2. What does Leslie's mother send to New York in Chapter 5?
3. What tourist industry does Ivan tell Leslie and Richard about?
4. What does Attila the Hun try to do to Leslie when she is in the desert tent?
5. What city vanishes when Richard is flying a plane at the beginning of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie feel an earthquake.
2. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie are flying and Richard bends down to fix the squawk box.
3. How do Richard and Leslie feel when Pye leaves them to fly alone?
4. How did Tink influence Richard psychically regarding his first novel?
5. Describe how Richard and Leslie learn that Tink is the idea fairy.
6. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
7. How does Richard's dark side come out when Leslie is attacked in the desert?
8. Why does Leslie enter the tent in the desert?
9. What does Leslie tell the young Leslie about her career as an actor?
10. Why does Richard tell his younger self about his role in bombing Kiev?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)