|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the old man Richard and Leslie meet on the mountainside?
(a) Anthony Robbins.
(b) Daniel Lichtenstein.
(c) Thomas Marshall.
(d) Jean-Paul Le Clerc.
2. Before Pye leaves Leslie and Richard in Chapter 8, what advice does she give them?
(a) Explore together.
(b) Be cautious.
(c) Stay safe.
(d) Don't stray too far.
3. What descriptive phrase does Attila use to describe himself?
(a) God's Helper.
(b) Scourge of God.
(c) King of Monsters.
(d) Leader of Honorable Men.
4. What did Lieutenant Wyatt write on the chalk board?
(b) Follow orders.
(c) Top Gun.
5. What does Attila the Hun try to do to Leslie when she is in the desert tent?
(a) Make her dance.
(b) Silence her by taping her mouth.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Fight with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard say he gets his ideas from?
2. What is the man doing that Richard and Leslie see in the mountains?
3. What does the young Leslie ask Leslie and Richard before they leave at the end of Chapter 6?
4. What is "Growly"?
5. What kind of animal does Tatiana say "Hallo" to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Attila the Hun's reasons for his violent behavior.
2. What does Richard tell the young man he talks with at William's Air Force base?
3. What important concept does Richard think about on the mountainside after Le Clerc has left them alone?
4. Why does Leslie burn the sheaf of papers?
5. Describe the idea foundry.
6. Describe what happens when Richard and Leslie feel an earthquake.
7. How do Richard and Leslie try to explain their experience when Los Angeles disappears?
8. How did Tink influence Richard psychically regarding his first novel?
9. How does Leslie rely on her intuition?
10. Describe the conflict between the younger Leslie and her mother.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)