|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Tink cry?
(a) When Richard and Leslie break some crystals.
(b) When Richard says he never heard about her.
(c) When Leslie criticizes her.
(d) When Leslie says they love her.
2. What does the girl in Chapter 6 say she hates?
(a) Rainy days.
(b) Being hungry.
3. What does Richard realize is part of him at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Attila's violent ways.
(b) Nomadic life.
(c) A peaceful past.
(d) Belief in passive resistance.
4. What is the word for one of the core ideas that Atkins describes to Richard and Leslie?
5. What is a subject that Richard says in Chapter 8 that he likes to read about?
(b) Irish music.
(d) Military history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard think they have landed at the beginning of Chapter 10?
2. What is the name of the old man Richard and Leslie meet on the mountainside?
3. How does Richard describe Leslie's hair at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does the younger Leslie do when she gets off an elevator in Chapter 3?
5. How many minutes are Richard and Leslie from their destination when the novel begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leslie get Richard to agree to stay in their alternate universe?
2. What do Leslie and Richard find on the mountainside they land on?
3. Why is Leslie proud of her younger self?
4. What does Leslie tell young Richard about when they will meet?
5. Describe the idea foundry.
6. How does Richard's dark side come out when Leslie is attacked in the desert?
7. What reassurance does Leslie give Richard about his advice to his younger self?
8. Describe how Richard and Leslie learn that Tink is the idea fairy.
9. What kinds of questions does the younger Richard ask the older Richard to answer in order to prove his identity?
10. How do Richard and Leslie feel when Pye leaves them to fly alone?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)