|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard do when the seaplane crashes in the water?
(a) Gets Leslie out of the plane and brings her to the surface.
(b) Uses his intuition to transport them to another place.
(c) Swims as fast as he can to the surface.
(d) Calls for help from Pye.
2. What does Mashara call the animal who is hurt?
3. What does Leslie say she adopted Hy to be in her life?
(a) Hollywood director.
(b) Career mentor.
(d) Her wise older brother.
4. What birds did Dave use to watch from the jetty?
5. What does the line-boy say about flying a Seabird?
(a) They have a bad reputation.
(b) It's too much plane for him to handle.
(c) They handle well in turbulence.
(d) He's heard they can land almost anywhere.
6. What happens when Richard drives the throttle forward at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) The plane soars into the water and Leslie is alive.
(c) He awakens from a dream.
(d) He lands in another universe without Leslie.
7. What do Leslie and Richard discover about Mashara?
(a) She's a computer.
(b) She is Leslie's mother in another time.
(c) She has a large family.
(d) She knows Richard's brother.
8. According to the alternate Richard in Chapter 16, what does his wife accuse him of?
(a) Sleeping all the time.
(b) Getting in her way by trying to help.
(c) Not helping out enough.
(d) Being a neat freak.
9. Who does Richard and Leslie see at Lake Healey?
10. Who does Richard quote when he and Leslie are driving to the hotel?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
11. How does Leslie describe the afterlife in Chapter 19?
(a) Glorious place.
(c) A good place to sleep.
12. What does Richard's alternate self invite Leslie and Richard to do in Chapter 12?
(a) Stay the night.
(b) Have dinner.
(c) Talk to the press.
(d) Fly with him.
13. What does Leslie suggest she and Richard do to learn more about Dave and his wife?
(a) Ask to sit down with them.
(c) Read about their past in old newspapers.
(d) Talk to their neighbors.
14. When the line-boy asks Richard where he has been, how does Richard respond?
(a) Here and there.
(b) Down to the coast and back.
(c) Oh, just flying around.
(d) To alternate universes.
15. What does Ronnie tell Leslie about his accident and death?
(a) He tried very hard to live.
(b) He made a poor choice.
(c) He wanted to die.
(d) He wanted to live because he was happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leslie crying about at the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. What does Leslie like on the menu when she goes to the restaurant on Robertson Boulevard?
3. Why does Richard think he failed an important test when the plane crashed?
4. What does Hy tell Leslie when she says she has to get back to Richard?
5. Where does Dave dream of traveling to in Europe?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)