|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard think he failed an important test when the plane crashed?
(a) He didn't radio into the airport.
(b) He did a bad job landing the plane.
(c) He didn't hold on to what he knew was true.
(d) He forgot to put down the landing gear.
2. What symbol does Richard see in the water at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) Figure eight.
(b) Question mark.
3. What is the name of Richard's alternate self in Chapter 12?
4. What does Ronnie say he'll show up as if they ever meet again?
(c) Old dog.
5. What does Richard buy after Leslie dies?
(a) Honda Starflash airplane.
(d) New house.
6. What is Leslie's middle name?
7. What is the name of the line-boy who asks Richard if he needs fuel?
8. What promise does Leslie make Richard keep?
(a) To never fly a plane again.
(b) To keep on living if she dies first.
(c) To die so they can be together.
(d) To stop writing if she dies.
9. What does Dave's wife want to get him for their anniversary?
(a) New tractor.
(b) Flying lessons.
(c) Fishing gear.
10. What does Ronnie tell Leslie about his accident and death?
(a) He wanted to die.
(b) He made a poor choice.
(c) He tried very hard to live.
(d) He wanted to live because he was happy.
11. What does Leslie suggest she and Richard do to learn more about Dave and his wife?
(a) Ask to sit down with them.
(c) Read about their past in old newspapers.
(d) Talk to their neighbors.
12. What did Xiao do after he "destroyed" the fighter plane?
(a) Used the thumbs up sign.
(c) Laughed and waved.
(d) Shook his fist in victory.
13. What do Leslie and Richard find at Lake Healey?
(a) No lake.
(b) Lots of people.
(c) A plane just like Growly.
(d) An interesting man.
14. What kind of restaurant does Leslie take Richard to on Robertson Boulevard?
(b) Burger joint.
15. Who does Richard quote when he and Leslie are driving to the hotel?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman flying the fighter plane who is an alternate Leslie?
2. What is the relationship between Leslie and Ronnie?
3. How does Leslie say she feels about Hy and the reason for his death?
4. What does Richard call Dave when he hears him complaining about Richard's book?
5. What does the alternate Richard ask the alternate Leslie for after he has decided to change?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)