|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ronnie call himself in Chapter18?
(b) Happy kid.
(c) Lost soul.
(d) Lover of life.
2. What does Dave's wife want to get him for their anniversary?
(a) Flying lessons.
(b) New tractor.
(d) Fishing gear.
3. Where is Leslie buried?
(a) Town graveyard.
(b) Ashes scattered in the sea.
(c) Hillside where she always planted flowers.
(d) Cemetery behind the church.
4. What does the line-boy say about flying a Seabird?
(a) He's heard they can land almost anywhere.
(b) It's too much plane for him to handle.
(c) They have a bad reputation.
(d) They handle well in turbulence.
5. What do Leslie and Richard discover about Mashara?
(a) She knows Richard's brother.
(b) She is Leslie's mother in another time.
(c) She has a large family.
(d) She's a computer.
6. How many months does Richard believe passed from the time Leslie died to the time they reconnect?
(a) Nine weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Three months.
7. Why does Richard think he failed an important test when the plane crashed?
(a) He forgot to put down the landing gear.
(b) He didn't hold on to what he knew was true.
(c) He didn't radio into the airport.
(d) He did a bad job landing the plane.
8. What does Leslie say about Ronnie's personality when he was young?
(a) He was very serious.
(b) He loved to be by himself.
(c) He was difficult to love.
(d) He liked to tell jokes.
9. Where does Dave dream of traveling to in Europe?
10. What color dress is Mashara wearing when Richard and Leslie first meet her?
11. How does Leslie describe the afterlife in Chapter 19?
(b) A good place to sleep.
(d) Glorious place.
12. What does Ronnie tell Leslie about his accident and death?
(a) He wanted to live because he was happy.
(b) He wanted to die.
(c) He made a poor choice.
(d) He tried very hard to live.
13. What does Richard do when the seaplane crashes in the water?
(a) Swims as fast as he can to the surface.
(b) Calls for help from Pye.
(c) Uses his intuition to transport them to another place.
(d) Gets Leslie out of the plane and brings her to the surface.
14. What does Leslie suggest she and Richard do to learn more about Dave and his wife?
(a) Talk to their neighbors.
(c) Ask to sit down with them.
(d) Read about their past in old newspapers.
15. According to the alternate Richard in Chapter 16, what does his wife accuse him of?
(a) Not helping out enough.
(b) Sleeping all the time.
(c) Getting in her way by trying to help.
(d) Being a neat freak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style jacket does the line-boy wear?
2. What does Lorraine suggest she and Dave do with the time they have left together?
3. What instructions does a voice tell Richard to follow in Chapter 12?
4. What does Mashara call the animal who is hurt?
5. What did Xiao do after he "destroyed" the fighter plane?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)