|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Xiao do after he "destroyed" the fighter plane?
(a) Shook his fist in victory.
(b) Laughed and waved.
(c) Used the thumbs up sign.
2. What does Lorraine suggest she and Dave do with the time they have left together?
(a) Clean out their garage.
(b) Go to church more often.
(c) Spend time alone at home.
(d) Create a list of things they'd like to do and then do them.
3. What would Dave tell his children, if he had any?
(a) To think about whether they really want to do something.
(b) Do the best you can.
(c) Get along with everyone.
(d) Be cautious about taking risks.
4. What country does Richard's alternate self represent in the fighter plane competition?
5. When Leslie and Richard land in a new universe in Chapter 13, what color is the sun and sky?
(a) Silver and green.
(b) Copper and violet.
(c) Yellow and red.
(d) Purple and gold.
6. What activity do Leslie and Richard undertake at Lake Healey?
7. What happens when Richard drives the throttle forward at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) He lands in another universe without Leslie.
(c) He awakens from a dream.
(d) The plane soars into the water and Leslie is alive.
8. What role does Mashara play in the wilderness planet?
(a) Census taker.
9. What instructions does a voice tell Richard to follow in Chapter 12?
(a) Fly right, then left.
(b) Fly until the light disappears.
(c) Fly low.
(d) Fly till the pattern turns amber.
10. What does Richard see on the wings of the airplane that the fighter plane has in its gun-sight?
(a) Red stars.
(b) Black diamonds.
(c) Silver arrows.
(d) Green stripes.
11. What is the name of Richard's alternate self in Chapter 12?
12. What does Hy tell Leslie when she says she has to get back to Richard?
(a) That she's dead.
(b) He has talked to Richard.
(c) He can help her.
(d) Richard knows she's okay.
13. What does Richard call Dave when he hears him complaining about Richard's book?
(b) Unhappy soul.
14. What surprising activity does Dave want to do before he dies?
(a) Bungee jumping.
(b) Rock climbing.
(c) Learn to surf.
(d) Sky diving.
15. What style jacket does the line-boy wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard sleep after Leslie dies?
2. Where does Richard tell Leslie they are headed after he hears a voice giving him directions in Chapter 12?
3. Where do Ronnie and Hy take Leslie to talk?
4. What direction do Leslie and Richard find themselves flying in when they are in the fighter plane with the alternate Leslie?
5. What kind of car does Richard drive after Leslie's death?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)