|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Leslie and Richard land in Chapter 15?
(d) Yellowstone Park.
2. What does the air smell like in the wilderness planet?
(d) Pear blossoms.
3. What does Richard say that Dave and his wife have taught him and Leslie?
(a) To save for when they are older.
(b) How to live when they get home.
(c) Not to regret how they've lived.
(d) To work harder.
4. What is Leslie's middle name?
5. What style jacket does the line-boy wear?
6. How does Leslie say she feels about Hy and the reason for his death?
7. What does Lorraine suggest she and Dave do with the time they have left together?
(a) Go to church more often.
(b) Create a list of things they'd like to do and then do them.
(c) Clean out their garage.
(d) Spend time alone at home.
8. What does Leslie see Richard dragging to the surface of the water after the plane crashes in the ocean?
(a) Her body.
(b) Their belongings.
(c) A box of books.
(d) The black box.
9. Who is Leslie crying about at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Tatiana and Ivan.
(b) Her mother.
10. Who is the last character to speak in Chapter 21?
11. What happens when Richard drives the throttle forward at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) He awakens from a dream.
(b) He lands in another universe without Leslie.
(c) The plane soars into the water and Leslie is alive.
12. What are Leslie and Richard celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Getting a message from Marshara.
(b) Learning that Ronnie is alive.
(c) Seeing Pye again.
(d) They are together again.
13. What birds did Dave use to watch from the jetty?
14. How does Leslie describe the afterlife in Chapter 19?
(a) Glorious place.
(c) A good place to sleep.
15. What promise does Leslie make Richard keep?
(a) To never fly a plane again.
(b) To keep on living if she dies first.
(c) To die so they can be together.
(d) To stop writing if she dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Mashara play in the wilderness planet?
2. Where does Richard sleep after Leslie dies?
3. Who does Richard and Leslie see at Lake Healey?
4. How many months does Richard believe passed from the time Leslie died to the time they reconnect?
5. Why does Richard think he failed an important test when the plane crashed?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)