|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbol does Richard see in the water at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) Figure eight.
(d) Question mark.
2. What activity do Leslie and Richard undertake at Lake Healey?
3. How many years does Leslie say it has been since Ronnie died?
4. What did Xiao do after he "destroyed" the fighter plane?
(a) Shook his fist in victory.
(c) Laughed and waved.
(d) Used the thumbs up sign.
5. Who is the last character to speak in Chapter 21?
6. What surprising activity does Dave want to do before he dies?
(a) Bungee jumping.
(b) Rock climbing.
(c) Sky diving.
(d) Learn to surf.
7. Where does Dave dream of traveling to in Europe?
8. What does Lorraine suggest she and Dave do with the time they have left together?
(a) Create a list of things they'd like to do and then do them.
(b) Clean out their garage.
(c) Go to church more often.
(d) Spend time alone at home.
9. What happens when Mashara dies?
(a) Richard and Leslie have to leave her.
(b) Leslie is sent back in time.
(c) Leslie brings her back to life.
(d) Richard hurtles into another universe.
10. What would Dave tell his children, if he had any?
(a) Be cautious about taking risks.
(b) Do the best you can.
(c) Get along with everyone.
(d) To think about whether they really want to do something.
11. What animal comes out of the trees toward Leslie and Richard in the wilderness planet?
12. What does Mashara call the animal who is hurt?
13. What has Ronnie done since his death?
(a) Played cards with Hy.
(b) Roamed the world.
(c) Kept an eye on Leslie.
(d) Played with dogs.
14. Where do Ronnie and Hy take Leslie to talk?
(c) San Francisco.
15. What promise does Leslie make Richard keep?
(a) To die so they can be together.
(b) To stop writing if she dies.
(c) To never fly a plane again.
(d) To keep on living if she dies first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leslie suggest she and Richard do to learn more about Dave and his wife?
2. How many months does Richard believe passed from the time Leslie died to the time they reconnect?
3. What is Richard's twin depressed about as he lays on a hotel bed and stares out the window?
4. What do Leslie and Richard discover about Mashara?
5. What does Leslie wonder if they are trapped in in Chapter 19?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)