|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Dave tell his children, if he had any?
(a) Be cautious about taking risks.
(b) Get along with everyone.
(c) Do the best you can.
(d) To think about whether they really want to do something.
2. What does Dave's wife want to get him for their anniversary?
(a) Flying lessons.
(b) New tractor.
(d) Fishing gear.
3. How far away do Leslie and Richard have to park from the restaurant they go to on Robertson Boulevard?
(a) Six blocks.
(b) One block.
(c) Half a block.
(d) Two blocks.
4. How does Leslie say she feels about Hy and the reason for his death?
5. What does the line-boy say about flying a Seabird?
(a) They have a bad reputation.
(b) They handle well in turbulence.
(c) It's too much plane for him to handle.
(d) He's heard they can land almost anywhere.
6. What is the name of the line-boy who asks Richard if he needs fuel?
7. What does Richard's alternate self invite Leslie and Richard to do in Chapter 12?
(a) Have dinner.
(b) Talk to the press.
(c) Stay the night.
(d) Fly with him.
8. What symbol does Richard see in the water at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) Question mark.
(c) Figure eight.
9. What animal comes out of the trees toward Leslie and Richard in the wilderness planet?
10. Who is the last character to speak in Chapter 21?
11. What does Leslie say she adopted Hy to be in her life?
(a) Hollywood director.
(b) Career mentor.
(d) Her wise older brother.
12. What is the sport called that the fighter planes are competing in?
(a) Air Games.
(b) Flying Fiesta.
(c) Air & Rocket Racing Show.
(d) Warbird Airshow.
13. What birds did Dave use to watch from the jetty?
14. What kind of car does Richard drive after Leslie's death?
15. When Leslie sees Ronnie, what does she say he looks like?
(a) Heavy and short.
(b) Tall and thin and shy.
(c) Older and white-haired.
(d) Vivacious and average height.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richard think he failed an important test when the plane crashed?
2. Where is Leslie driving at the beginning of Chapter 22?
3. What does Leslie like on the menu when she goes to the restaurant on Robertson Boulevard?
4. What are Leslie and Richard celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. What does Richard say that Dave and his wife have taught him and Leslie?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)