|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Leslie crying about at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Tatiana and Ivan.
2. What did Xiao do after he "destroyed" the fighter plane?
(a) Laughed and waved.
(b) Shook his fist in victory.
(d) Used the thumbs up sign.
3. What has Ronnie done since his death?
(a) Roamed the world.
(b) Played with dogs.
(c) Kept an eye on Leslie.
(d) Played cards with Hy.
4. What does the air smell like in the wilderness planet?
(a) Pear blossoms.
5. What is Richard's twin depressed about as he lays on a hotel bed and stares out the window?
(a) Leslie is sick.
(b) He can't believe his story didn't get published.
(c) Leslie left him.
(d) He has writer's block.
6. What does the line-boy say about flying a Seabird?
(a) It's too much plane for him to handle.
(b) They have a bad reputation.
(c) He's heard they can land almost anywhere.
(d) They handle well in turbulence.
7. What promise does Leslie make Richard keep?
(a) To stop writing if she dies.
(b) To die so they can be together.
(c) To never fly a plane again.
(d) To keep on living if she dies first.
8. What does Leslie say about Ronnie's personality when he was young?
(a) He was very serious.
(b) He was difficult to love.
(c) He loved to be by himself.
(d) He liked to tell jokes.
9. What does Leslie like on the menu when she goes to the restaurant on Robertson Boulevard?
(a) Chicken salad.
(b) Egg sandwich.
(c) Roots-of-heaven salad.
(d) Caeser salad.
10. What kind of car does Richard drive after Leslie's death?
11. What role does Mashara play in the wilderness planet?
(b) Census taker.
12. What birds did Dave use to watch from the jetty?
13. What does Leslie wonder if they are trapped in in Chapter 19?
(a) Time warp.
(b) Cosmic bubble.
(c) Pattern maze.
(d) Black hole.
14. What is the last thing that Leslie says in Chapter 20?
(b) I'm scared.
(c) I can't do it!
(d) I'm ready when you are.
15. What does Leslie see Richard dragging to the surface of the water after the plane crashes in the ocean?
(a) Their belongings.
(b) Her body.
(c) The black box.
(d) A box of books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard tell Leslie they are headed after he hears a voice giving him directions in Chapter 12?
2. What does Lorraine suggest she and Dave do with the time they have left together?
3. What direction do Leslie and Richard find themselves flying in when they are in the fighter plane with the alternate Leslie?
4. What kind of restaurant does Leslie take Richard to on Robertson Boulevard?
5. What does Richard do when the seaplane crashes in the water?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)