|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leslie say about Ronnie's personality when he was young?
(a) He was difficult to love.
(b) He loved to be by himself.
(c) He liked to tell jokes.
(d) He was very serious.
2. When he hears Dave's story, what does Richard think he and Leslie should do once they get back home?
(a) Start a new book.
(b) Take a long vacation.
(c) Make plans to begin a documentary.
(d) Work harder.
3. What does Mashara call the animal who is hurt?
4. According to the alternate Richard in Chapter 16, what does his wife accuse him of?
(a) Sleeping all the time.
(b) Getting in her way by trying to help.
(c) Being a neat freak.
(d) Not helping out enough.
5. What does Leslie see Richard dragging to the surface of the water after the plane crashes in the ocean?
(a) Their belongings.
(b) A box of books.
(c) Her body.
(d) The black box.
6. Who does Richard quote when he and Leslie are driving to the hotel?
(d) John F. Kennedy.
7. How does Leslie say she feels about Hy and the reason for his death?
8. What does Richard suggest that he and Leslie do when they reach the crash site in order to find their way home?
(a) Analyze the patterns.
(b) Jump overboard.
(c) Find the key.
(d) Solve the combination.
9. What color hair does the alternate Leslie have who flies a fighter plane?
10. What country does Richard's alternate self represent in the fighter plane competition?
11. What does Ronnie say he'll show up as if they ever meet again?
(d) Old dog.
12. What is the name of Richard's alternate self in Chapter 12?
13. What is Richard's twin depressed about as he lays on a hotel bed and stares out the window?
(a) He can't believe his story didn't get published.
(b) Leslie is sick.
(c) Leslie left him.
(d) He has writer's block.
14. What does the line-boy say about flying a Seabird?
(a) He's heard they can land almost anywhere.
(b) It's too much plane for him to handle.
(c) They have a bad reputation.
(d) They handle well in turbulence.
15. Who does Richard and Leslie see at Lake Healey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sport called that the fighter planes are competing in?
2. When Leslie sees Ronnie, what does she say he looks like?
3. What do Leslie and Richard discover about Mashara?
4. What does the air smell like in the wilderness planet?
5. What are Leslie and Richard celebrating at the beginning of Chapter 19?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)