|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Leslie and Richard land in the wilderness planet, what movie does Leslie say it looks like?
(a) Lost in Space.
(b) Planet of the Apes.
(c) Star Trek.
(d) Space Odyssey.
2. Where does Richard sleep after Leslie dies?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) On the deck.
(c) In the guest room.
(d) On the couch.
3. When Leslie and Richard land in a new universe in Chapter 13, what color is the sun and sky?
(a) Silver and green.
(b) Purple and gold.
(c) Copper and violet.
(d) Yellow and red.
4. What is the last thing that Leslie says in Chapter 20?
(a) I can't do it!
(b) I'm scared.
(d) I'm ready when you are.
5. What instructions does a voice tell Richard to follow in Chapter 12?
(a) Fly until the light disappears.
(b) Fly low.
(c) Fly right, then left.
(d) Fly till the pattern turns amber.
6. What does Richard say that Dave and his wife have taught him and Leslie?
(a) How to live when they get home.
(b) To save for when they are older.
(c) Not to regret how they've lived.
(d) To work harder.
7. What birds did Dave use to watch from the jetty?
8. What does Richard see on the wings of the airplane that the fighter plane has in its gun-sight?
(a) Green stripes.
(b) Red stars.
(c) Silver arrows.
(d) Black diamonds.
9. What happens when Richard drives the throttle forward at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) The plane soars into the water and Leslie is alive.
(b) He lands in another universe without Leslie.
(c) He awakens from a dream.
10. What does the line-boy say about flying a Seabird?
(a) He's heard they can land almost anywhere.
(b) It's too much plane for him to handle.
(c) They have a bad reputation.
(d) They handle well in turbulence.
11. What does Richard buy after Leslie dies?
(c) New house.
(d) Honda Starflash airplane.
12. Where is Leslie buried?
(a) Cemetery behind the church.
(b) Town graveyard.
(c) Hillside where she always planted flowers.
(d) Ashes scattered in the sea.
13. When Leslie sees Ronnie, what does she say he looks like?
(a) Older and white-haired.
(b) Vivacious and average height.
(c) Tall and thin and shy.
(d) Heavy and short.
14. How does Leslie say she feels about Hy and the reason for his death?
15. What does Dave's wife want to get him for their anniversary?
(a) Fishing gear.
(b) New tractor.
(c) Flying lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the alternate Richard in Chapter 16, what does his wife accuse him of?
2. What does Ronnie tell Leslie about his accident and death?
3. What kind of car does Richard drive after Leslie's death?
4. What is Richard's twin depressed about as he lays on a hotel bed and stares out the window?
5. What animal comes out of the trees toward Leslie and Richard in the wilderness planet?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)