|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Richard say the young Richard might drop a hydrogen bomb on?
2. What did Leslie give up as a young woman?
(b) Playing sports.
(d) Dating older men.
3. How many years ago does Richard say he and Leslie first met at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Sixteen years.
4. What city vanishes when Richard is flying a plane at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
5. What does Tink give Leslie and Richard after they land the seaplane?
(c) Hard hats.
6. What does Leslie's younger self ask of Leslie in Chapter 5?
(a) For help.
(b) A letter of recommendation.
(c) To give a message to her mother.
(d) To find her father.
7. What job did Leslie have in Hollywood?
(b) Script writer.
(c) Stunt woman.
(d) Film producer.
8. What question does Richard ask Attila that makes him act violently?
(a) Where can we stay the night?
(b) Why are you so frightened?
(c) How do we get out of here?
(d) Where are the nicer tents?
9. What year is it when Richard and Leslie land at William's Air Force base?
10. What nickname does Richard call Leslie in Chapter 8?
11. Why does Richard want to splash into the ocean to wash Growly off?
(a) It has blood on it.
(b) He hopes the water will stain it blue.
(c) The sea salt will make it shine.
(d) Symbolic cleansing.
12. Who says, "We have some required courses: Survival, Nourishment, and Shelter."
(d) Leslie's mother.
13. What does Pye tell Leslie she can use as a guide in Chapter 5?
(d) Directions from a book.
14. Who does Richard have to fight to defend Leslie in the desert?
(c) Human guard.
(d) Ghost of guard.
15. What did the dog Richard had as a child like to eat?
(d) Tuna fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pye say that Richard and Leslie need in order to get back home?
2. What book did Richard write as a first-time novelist?
3. What gift does Leslie have that Pye says she blocked from her mind as a young child?
4. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
5. What drives right through Leslie and Richard in Chapter 7?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)