|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color sport coat is the younger Richard wearing in the hotel when Richard talks with him?
2. Why does Richard want to splash into the ocean to wash Growly off?
(a) He hopes the water will stain it blue.
(b) Symbolic cleansing.
(c) The sea salt will make it shine.
(d) It has blood on it.
3. What is the Conover Agency?
(a) Modeling agency.
(b) Government agency.
(c) Insurance agency.
(d) Detective agency.
4. What did the dog Richard had as a child like to eat?
(c) Tuna fish.
5. What does Richard realize is part of him at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Belief in passive resistance.
(b) Nomadic life.
(c) Attila's violent ways.
(d) A peaceful past.
6. What does Pye tell Leslie she can use as a guide in Chapter 5?
(d) Directions from a book.
7. How many people might young Richard kill if he flies the plane that drops a hydrogen bomb in 1962?
(a) Thirteen hundred.
(b) Nine hundred thousand.
(c) Twenty thousand.
(d) Sixty thousand.
8. What did Lieutenant Wyatt write on the chalk board?
(b) Follow orders.
(c) Top Gun.
9. What city vanishes when Richard is flying a plane at the beginning of the novel?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
10. What did Leslie give up as a young woman?
(a) Playing sports.
(b) Dating older men.
11. How does Richard describe the factory he and Leslie land in?
(a) Overtime in hell.
(b) A beautiful place.
(c) Watery and moldy.
(d) Cold and joyless.
12. What does Attila the Hun try to do to Leslie when she is in the desert tent?
(a) Silence her by taping her mouth.
(b) Fight with her.
(c) Make her dance.
(d) Kill her.
13. What is the name of the hotel Richard and Leslie have landed in when they see their younger selves?
(a) Holiday Inn.
(b) Marriott Hotel.
(c) Crowne Plaza.
(d) Comfort Inn.
14. Why does Attila kill his guard?
(a) Because the guard cannot see Leslie and Richard.
(b) The guard disobeyed him.
(c) The guard called him a terrible name.
(d) He is jealous.
15. What is the man doing that Richard and Leslie see in the mountains?
(a) Washing his clothes in a stream.
(c) Cooking food over a campfire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Growly"?
2. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
3. Where is William's Air Force base located?
4. What gift does Leslie have that Pye says she blocked from her mind as a young child?
5. What does Ivan encourage Leslie and Richard to do when the sirens go off?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)