|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When there are sirens going off, what does Ivan take from the closet?
(b) Face masks.
(c) Two overnight bags.
2. What makes Tink cry?
(a) When Richard and Leslie break some crystals.
(b) When Richard says he never heard about her.
(c) When Leslie says they love her.
(d) When Leslie criticizes her.
3. What does Tatiana say when the sirens go off?
(c) Volcano eruption!
4. What does the young Leslie's family think of her as stated in Chapter 6?
(a) She is special and needs all their support.
(b) She doesn't work hard enough.
(c) That she's stubborn and strange.
(d) She is an excellent singer.
5. What does Richard say he was once terrified of in Chapter 1?
6. What is "Growly"?
(a) Pilot identification name.
(b) Name of Richard's seaplane.
(c) Leslie's nickname.
(d) Richard's nickname.
7. What does Richard say to Pye about flying up high in Chapter 4?
(a) He is scared to go any higher.
(b) They can get perspective.
(c) Death will come if they fly higher.
(d) The plane can't handle a higher altitude.
8. How many years ago does Richard say he and Leslie first met at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Three years.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Twelve years.
9. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
(a) By their hats.
(b) By their shoes.
(c) By their hairstyles.
(d) By their accents.
10. What is the Conover Agency?
(a) Modeling agency.
(b) Insurance agency.
(c) Detective agency.
(d) Government agency.
11. What descriptive phrase does Attila use to describe himself?
(a) God's Helper.
(b) King of Monsters.
(c) Leader of Honorable Men.
(d) Scourge of God.
12. How many minutes are Richard and Leslie from their destination when the novel begins?
(a) One hour.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
13. Before Pye leaves Leslie and Richard in Chapter 8, what advice does she give them?
(a) Don't stray too far.
(b) Be cautious.
(c) Explore together.
(d) Stay safe.
14. What reason does Richard give for not wanting to enter the tent in the desert?
(a) He'd rather visit with Tink.
(b) Pye is trying to get them back to another dimension.
(c) The seaplane is sinking.
(d) He thinks he's made a mistake.
15. How does Richard describe Leslie's hair at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Reddish brown.
(c) Black as night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when Richard and Leslie land at William's Air Force base?
2. What does Leslie's mother send to New York in Chapter 5?
3. What does Richard want to convince his younger self to do in Chapter 7?
4. What tourist industry does Ivan tell Leslie and Richard about?
5. What happens to the compass after Leslie screams in Chapter 2?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)