|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Conover Agency?
(a) Government agency.
(b) Insurance agency.
(c) Detective agency.
(d) Modeling agency.
2. How many minutes are Richard and Leslie from their destination when the novel begins?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Six hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Thirty minutes.
3. Where do Richard and Leslie land in Chapter 11?
4. What does Pye say that Richard and Leslie need in order to get back home?
(b) Richard's ability to fix the plane.
(d) Leslie's strong connection to her home.
5. What does young Richard say he likes about flying fighter planes?
(a) Flying through clouds.
(b) Destroying targets.
6. What makes Tink cry?
(a) When Richard says he never heard about her.
(b) When Richard and Leslie break some crystals.
(c) When Leslie says they love her.
(d) When Leslie criticizes her.
7. What city vanishes when Richard is flying a plane at the beginning of the novel?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
8. What is a subject that Richard says in Chapter 8 that he likes to read about?
(a) Military history.
(c) Irish music.
9. What does the young Leslie ask Leslie and Richard before they leave at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) If she will see them again.
(b) How old she will be when she marries Richard.
(c) Whether she will get into the conservatory of her choice.
(d) What their ages are.
10. What kind of animal does Tatiana say "Hallo" to?
11. In what city is the seventeen-year-old Leslie giving a recital?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
12. What does the girl in Chapter 6 say she hates?
(b) Being hungry.
(c) Rainy days.
13. What is the word for one of the core ideas that Atkins describes to Richard and Leslie?
14. What color sport coat is the younger Richard wearing in the hotel when Richard talks with him?
15. What Hollywood studio did Leslie work at in 1962?
(a) Walt Disney Studios.
(b) Twentieth Century-Fox.
(c) Warner Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Richard and Leslie try to land their plane at the beginning of the novel?
2. What is the man doing that Richard and Leslie see in the mountains?
3. What does Ivan say Communists like?
4. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
5. What is the name of the old man Richard and Leslie meet on the mountainside?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)