|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pye wearing?
(a) Shorts and a tank top.
(b) Long flowing printed skirt.
(c) Jeans and plaid shirt.
(d) Skirt and blouse.
2. What question does Richard ask Attila that makes him act violently?
(a) How do we get out of here?
(b) Where are the nicer tents?
(c) Why are you so frightened?
(d) Where can we stay the night?
3. In what city is the seventeen-year-old Leslie giving a recital?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
4. What does the young Leslie's family think of her as stated in Chapter 6?
(a) She is special and needs all their support.
(b) She doesn't work hard enough.
(c) She is an excellent singer.
(d) That she's stubborn and strange.
5. What does Pye suggest created Richard and Leslie's time changes?
(d) Belief in time travel.
6. What is the Conover Agency?
(a) Detective agency.
(b) Insurance agency.
(c) Modeling agency.
(d) Government agency.
7. At the beginning of the novel, where do Richard and Leslie plan to meet scientific researchers?
(a) Spring Hill.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Palm Springs.
8. What is "Growly"?
(a) Name of Richard's seaplane.
(b) Richard's nickname.
(c) Pilot identification name.
(d) Leslie's nickname.
9. What does Richard say to Pye about flying up high in Chapter 4?
(a) Death will come if they fly higher.
(b) They can get perspective.
(c) He is scared to go any higher.
(d) The plane can't handle a higher altitude.
10. When there are sirens going off, what does Ivan take from the closet?
(b) Two overnight bags.
(c) Face masks.
11. Where do Richard and Leslie try to land their plane at the beginning of the novel?
(d) Airport runway.
12. What does Richard say he was once terrified of in Chapter 1?
13. What kind of animal does Tatiana say "Hallo" to?
14. What does Pye say that Richard and Leslie need in order to get back home?
(c) Leslie's strong connection to her home.
(d) Richard's ability to fix the plane.
15. What are the men wearing who are guarding the tent in the desert?
(a) Leather jackets.
(b) Bronze-fastened tunics and helmets.
(c) Fur coats.
(d) Flowing robes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Richard and Leslie land in Chapter 11?
2. Who walks out of the elevator at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What Hollywood studio did Leslie work at in 1962?
4. What does Pye tell Leslie she can use as a guide in Chapter 5?
5. What does Leslie's younger self ask of Leslie in Chapter 5?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)