|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years ago does Richard say he and Leslie first met at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Three years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Sixteen years.
2. What does Attila the Hun try to do to Leslie when she is in the desert tent?
(a) Fight with her.
(b) Silence her by taping her mouth.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Make her dance.
3. What does Leslie's mother send to New York in Chapter 5?
(a) Request for financial aid.
(d) Photo of her daughter.
4. What tourist industry does Ivan tell Leslie and Richard about?
(a) Deep-water sight-seeing.
(b) Siberian camping groups.
(c) Ice sailing.
(d) Submarine trips to Alaska.
5. Before Pye leaves Leslie and Richard in Chapter 8, what advice does she give them?
(a) Don't stray too far.
(b) Explore together.
(c) Be cautious.
(d) Stay safe.
6. What is Pye wearing?
(a) Skirt and blouse.
(b) Jeans and plaid shirt.
(c) Long flowing printed skirt.
(d) Shorts and a tank top.
7. Why does Richard want to splash into the ocean to wash Growly off?
(a) Symbolic cleansing.
(b) He hopes the water will stain it blue.
(c) It has blood on it.
(d) The sea salt will make it shine.
8. At the beginning of the novel, where do Richard and Leslie plan to meet scientific researchers?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Palm Springs.
(c) Spring Hill.
(d) Los Angeles.
9. What question does Richard ask Attila that makes him act violently?
(a) Where are the nicer tents?
(b) Why are you so frightened?
(c) Where can we stay the night?
(d) How do we get out of here?
10. What is Leslie's maiden name?
11. What is a subject that Richard says in Chapter 8 that he likes to read about?
(a) Irish music.
(c) Military history.
12. What is the man doing that Richard and Leslie see in the mountains?
(a) Washing his clothes in a stream.
(c) Cooking food over a campfire.
13. What descriptive phrase does Attila use to describe himself?
(a) God's Helper.
(b) Leader of Honorable Men.
(c) King of Monsters.
(d) Scourge of God.
14. What does Ivan say Communists like?
(d) Political autonomy.
15. What job did Leslie have in Hollywood?
(a) Stunt woman.
(b) Script writer.
(d) Film producer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Conover Agency?
2. Who is Pye?
3. What does the young Leslie ask Leslie and Richard before they leave at the end of Chapter 6?
4. What did Leslie give up as a young woman?
5. What nickname does Richard call Leslie in Chapter 8?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)