|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the thin young woman playing in the old stone house when Leslie and Richard arrive?
2. What kind of radio-controlled bird models are in the younger Richard's hotel room?
3. What does Richard want to convince his younger self to do in Chapter 7?
(a) Be a better pilot.
(b) Quit the Air Force.
(c) Listen to the president's orders.
(d) Stay in the Air Force.
4. What does the younger Leslie do when she gets off an elevator in Chapter 3?
(a) Hurries toward her room.
(b) Decides to go back down the elevator.
(c) Goes to find a maid.
(d) Stops and looks out the window.
5. What job did Leslie have in Hollywood?
(b) Film producer.
(c) Script writer.
(d) Stunt woman.
6. When there are sirens going off, what does Ivan take from the closet?
(a) Face masks.
(d) Two overnight bags.
7. Where does Richard say he gets his ideas from?
(a) From other people.
(b) The sleep fairy.
(c) From books.
(d) While hiking.
8. What does Richard realize is part of him at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Attila's violent ways.
(b) Nomadic life.
(c) A peaceful past.
(d) Belief in passive resistance.
9. How many people might young Richard kill if he flies the plane that drops a hydrogen bomb in 1962?
(a) Twenty thousand.
(b) Sixty thousand.
(c) Nine hundred thousand.
(d) Thirteen hundred.
10. What nickname does Richard call Leslie in Chapter 8?
11. Before Pye leaves Leslie and Richard in Chapter 8, what advice does she give them?
(a) Be cautious.
(b) Don't stray too far.
(c) Explore together.
(d) Stay safe.
12. What is a subject that Richard says in Chapter 8 that he likes to read about?
(a) Irish music.
(b) Military history.
13. What reason does Richard give for not wanting to enter the tent in the desert?
(a) Pye is trying to get them back to another dimension.
(b) The seaplane is sinking.
(c) He'd rather visit with Tink.
(d) He thinks he's made a mistake.
14. How much time does Richard estimate they have left to fly the plane when the fuel gauge is not working at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) Two hours.
15. What does Pye tell Leslie she can use as a guide in Chapter 5?
(b) Directions from a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leslie's mother send to New York in Chapter 5?
2. Who is Pye?
3. How many years ago does Richard say he and Leslie first met at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What does Attila the Hun try to do to Leslie when she is in the desert tent?
5. What does Richard say he was once terrified of in Chapter 1?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)