|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is William's Air Force base located?
(b) North Dakota.
2. Why does Attila kill his guard?
(a) Because the guard cannot see Leslie and Richard.
(b) The guard called him a terrible name.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) The guard disobeyed him.
3. What is Pye wearing?
(a) Long flowing printed skirt.
(b) Shorts and a tank top.
(c) Jeans and plaid shirt.
(d) Skirt and blouse.
4. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
(a) By their hairstyles.
(b) By their shoes.
(c) By their accents.
(d) By their hats.
5. What does the young Leslie's family think of her as stated in Chapter 6?
(a) She is an excellent singer.
(b) She is special and needs all their support.
(c) She doesn't work hard enough.
(d) That she's stubborn and strange.
6. What does the girl in Chapter 6 say she hates?
(a) Being hungry.
(c) Rainy days.
7. When there are sirens going off, what does Ivan take from the closet?
(a) Two overnight bags.
(c) Face masks.
8. What Hollywood studio did Leslie work at in 1962?
(a) Warner Brothers.
(b) Walt Disney Studios.
(c) Twentieth Century-Fox.
9. What reason does Richard give for not wanting to enter the tent in the desert?
(a) He thinks he's made a mistake.
(b) Pye is trying to get them back to another dimension.
(c) The seaplane is sinking.
(d) He'd rather visit with Tink.
10. How many years ago does Richard say he and Leslie first met at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Sixteen years.
11. Before Pye leaves Leslie and Richard in Chapter 8, what advice does she give them?
(a) Don't stray too far.
(b) Be cautious.
(c) Stay safe.
(d) Explore together.
12. What are the men wearing who are guarding the tent in the desert?
(a) Fur coats.
(b) Leather jackets.
(c) Flowing robes.
(d) Bronze-fastened tunics and helmets.
13. What does Atkin say an idea needs in order to change the world?
14. What form does Pye take in Chapter 7 when Leslie asks her what "higher perception" they could have chosen?
(c) Blue-white star.
15. What nickname does Richard call Leslie in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ivan say Communists like?
2. How does Richard describe Leslie's hair at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Tatiana say when the sirens go off?
4. What is "Growly"?
5. What city does Richard say the young Richard might drop a hydrogen bomb on?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)