|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard want to convince his younger self to do in Chapter 7?
(a) Be a better pilot.
(b) Listen to the president's orders.
(c) Quit the Air Force.
(d) Stay in the Air Force.
2. What runs through Leslie's body in the hotel hallway?
(b) Maid's cart.
(d) A glass.
3. What does the younger Leslie do when she gets off an elevator in Chapter 3?
(a) Stops and looks out the window.
(b) Decides to go back down the elevator.
(c) Hurries toward her room.
(d) Goes to find a maid.
4. Where do Richard and Leslie land in Chapter 11?
5. Who says, "We have some required courses: Survival, Nourishment, and Shelter."
(d) Leslie's mother.
6. What does Tatiana say when the sirens go off?
(b) Volcano eruption!
7. What does Attila the Hun try to do to Leslie when she is in the desert tent?
(a) Fight with her.
(b) Silence her by taping her mouth.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Make her dance.
8. Where do Richard and Leslie try to land their plane at the beginning of the novel?
(c) Airport runway.
9. How do Leslie and Richard feel without Pye in the seaplane?
10. What drives right through Leslie and Richard in Chapter 7?
(a) Fuel truck.
11. What does young Richard say he likes about flying fighter planes?
(a) Flying through clouds.
(b) Destroying targets.
12. Where does Richard think they have landed at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) South America.
13. What does Atkin say an idea needs in order to change the world?
14. What does the young Leslie's family think of her as stated in Chapter 6?
(a) She is special and needs all their support.
(b) She doesn't work hard enough.
(c) That she's stubborn and strange.
(d) She is an excellent singer.
15. What does Richard say he was once terrified of in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard realize is part of him at the end of Chapter 9?
2. Where does Richard say he gets his ideas from?
3. What makes Tink cry?
4. What kind of animal does Tatiana say "Hallo" to?
5. What color sport coat is the younger Richard wearing in the hotel when Richard talks with him?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)