|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel, where do Richard and Leslie plan to meet scientific researchers?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Palm Springs.
(c) Spring Hill.
(d) San Diego.
2. How do Leslie and Richard feel without Pye in the seaplane?
3. What does Tatiana say when the sirens go off?
(a) Volcano eruption!
4. What drives right through Leslie and Richard in Chapter 7?
(d) Fuel truck.
5. Where does Richard say he gets his ideas from?
(a) The sleep fairy.
(b) From books.
(c) While hiking.
(d) From other people.
6. What is the thin young woman playing in the old stone house when Leslie and Richard arrive?
7. In what city is the seventeen-year-old Leslie giving a recital?
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
8. What book did Richard write as a first-time novelist?
(a) Ideas from the Universe.
(b) Jonathan Livingston Seagull.
(c) Explore and Discover.
(d) Forever Young.
9. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
(a) By their shoes.
(b) By their hairstyles.
(c) By their hats.
(d) By their accents.
10. Where is William's Air Force base located?
(d) North Dakota.
11. Before Pye leaves Leslie and Richard in Chapter 8, what advice does she give them?
(a) Explore together.
(b) Be cautious.
(c) Stay safe.
(d) Don't stray too far.
12. What does young Richard say he likes about flying fighter planes?
(a) Destroying targets.
(d) Flying through clouds.
13. What question does Richard ask Attila that makes him act violently?
(a) Where are the nicer tents?
(b) Where can we stay the night?
(c) How do we get out of here?
(d) Why are you so frightened?
14. What does Ivan say Communists like?
(c) Political autonomy.
15. What was the name of Richard's dog when he was a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Richard and Leslie land in Chapter 11?
2. What does Leslie's mother send to New York in Chapter 5?
3. What city does Richard say the young Richard might drop a hydrogen bomb on?
4. Who is Phil Mizenhalter?
5. What is Leslie's maiden name?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)