|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when Richard and Leslie land at William's Air Force base?
2. What does Leslie's younger self ask of Leslie in Chapter 5?
(a) A letter of recommendation.
(b) To find her father.
(c) To give a message to her mother.
(d) For help.
3. What is a subject that Richard says in Chapter 8 that he likes to read about?
(a) Irish music.
(d) Military history.
4. What does Ivan say Communists like?
(b) Political autonomy.
5. How many years ago does Richard say he and Leslie first met at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Three years.
6. What does Tink give Leslie and Richard after they land the seaplane?
(d) Hard hats.
7. Why does Richard want to splash into the ocean to wash Growly off?
(a) The sea salt will make it shine.
(b) He hopes the water will stain it blue.
(c) It has blood on it.
(d) Symbolic cleansing.
8. Who says, "We have some required courses: Survival, Nourishment, and Shelter."
(d) Leslie's mother.
9. What gift does Leslie have that Pye says she blocked from her mind as a young child?
(a) Hearing voices.
(b) Seeing auras.
(d) Speaking to spirits.
10. What did Lieutenant Wyatt write on the chalk board?
(c) Top Gun.
(d) Follow orders.
11. What did the dog Richard had as a child like to eat?
(c) Tuna fish.
12. What is "Growly"?
(a) Name of Richard's seaplane.
(b) Pilot identification name.
(c) Richard's nickname.
(d) Leslie's nickname.
13. What does the young Leslie's family think of her as stated in Chapter 6?
(a) She doesn't work hard enough.
(b) That she's stubborn and strange.
(c) She is an excellent singer.
(d) She is special and needs all their support.
14. In what city is the seventeen-year-old Leslie giving a recital?
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
15. Before Pye leaves Leslie and Richard in Chapter 8, what advice does she give them?
(a) Be cautious.
(b) Explore together.
(c) Don't stray too far.
(d) Stay safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Richard ask Attila that makes him act violently?
2. What descriptive phrase does Attila use to describe himself?
3. Who is Phil Mizenhalter?
4. How does Richard describe the factory he and Leslie land in?
5. What kind of radio-controlled bird models are in the younger Richard's hotel room?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)