|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What descriptive phrase does Attila use to describe himself?
(a) King of Monsters.
(b) Leader of Honorable Men.
(c) God's Helper.
(d) Scourge of God.
2. What job did Leslie have in Hollywood?
(a) Film producer.
(c) Script writer.
(d) Stunt woman.
3. How many people might young Richard kill if he flies the plane that drops a hydrogen bomb in 1962?
(a) Sixty thousand.
(b) Twenty thousand.
(c) Thirteen hundred.
(d) Nine hundred thousand.
4. Where do Richard and Leslie try to land their plane at the beginning of the novel?
(c) Airport runway.
5. What does Ivan encourage Leslie and Richard to do when the sirens go off?
(a) Keep an eye on his apartment.
(b) Write to him when they get home.
(c) Come with him to safety.
(d) Go back to their world.
6. Before Pye leaves Leslie and Richard in Chapter 8, what advice does she give them?
(a) Don't stray too far.
(b) Explore together.
(c) Stay safe.
(d) Be cautious.
7. How does Richard describe Leslie's hair at the beginning of the novel?
(c) Reddish brown.
(d) Black as night.
8. Who is Tink?
(a) Richard's niece.
(b) Idea fairy.
(c) Assistant to Atkins.
(d) Leslie's younger sister.
9. What makes Leslie scream when she and Richard are flying a plane in Chapter 2?
(a) A bird hitting the window.
(b) Seeing another plane so close.
(d) Yellow flash.
10. What form does Pye take in Chapter 7 when Leslie asks her what "higher perception" they could have chosen?
(d) Blue-white star.
11. What is the tent made of that Richard and Leslie see when they land in a desert?
(b) Tree limbs and pine branches.
(c) Leather and cloth.
12. What makes Tink cry?
(a) When Leslie criticizes her.
(b) When Richard says he never heard about her.
(c) When Richard and Leslie break some crystals.
(d) When Leslie says they love her.
13. What runs through Leslie's body in the hotel hallway?
(c) Maid's cart.
(d) A glass.
14. What is the name of the hotel Richard and Leslie have landed in when they see their younger selves?
(a) Comfort Inn.
(b) Holiday Inn.
(c) Crowne Plaza.
(d) Marriott Hotel.
15. Where is William's Air Force base located?
(d) North Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say to Pye about flying up high in Chapter 4?
2. What book did Richard write as a first-time novelist?
3. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
4. What is the name of the old man Richard and Leslie meet on the mountainside?
5. How do Leslie and Richard feel without Pye in the seaplane?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)