|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan say Communists like?
(a) Political autonomy.
2. What makes Leslie scream when she and Richard are flying a plane in Chapter 2?
(a) A bird hitting the window.
(c) Yellow flash.
(d) Seeing another plane so close.
3. What job did Leslie have in Hollywood?
(a) Script writer.
(b) Stunt woman.
(d) Film producer.
4. Who is Pye?
(a) Pilot friend of Richard's.
(b) The person Richard and Leslie find in the airplane.
(c) Airport controller.
(d) Friend of the younger Leslie.
5. Who is Phil Mizenhalter?
(a) Richard's instructor.
(b) Richard's priest.
(c) Richard's neighbor.
(d) Richard's friend.
6. What city vanishes when Richard is flying a plane at the beginning of the novel?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
7. What is the name of the old man Richard and Leslie meet on the mountainside?
(a) Thomas Marshall.
(b) Daniel Lichtenstein.
(c) Jean-Paul Le Clerc.
(d) Anthony Robbins.
8. What does Tatiana say when the sirens go off?
(d) Volcano eruption!
9. What does Pye suggest created Richard and Leslie's time changes?
(a) Belief in time travel.
10. What does the young Leslie ask Leslie and Richard before they leave at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Whether she will get into the conservatory of her choice.
(b) What their ages are.
(c) How old she will be when she marries Richard.
(d) If she will see them again.
11. What is a subject that Richard says in Chapter 8 that he likes to read about?
(a) Irish music.
(d) Military history.
12. Where do Richard and Leslie try to land their plane at the beginning of the novel?
(d) Airport runway.
13. What is the name of the hotel Richard and Leslie have landed in when they see their younger selves?
(a) Marriott Hotel.
(b) Comfort Inn.
(c) Holiday Inn.
(d) Crowne Plaza.
14. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
(a) By their accents.
(b) By their hairstyles.
(c) By their hats.
(d) By their shoes.
15. Where do Richard and Leslie land in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Attila the Hun try to do to Leslie when she is in the desert tent?
2. What drives right through Leslie and Richard in Chapter 7?
3. When there are sirens going off, what does Ivan take from the closet?
4. What did Lieutenant Wyatt write on the chalk board?
5. What is the word for one of the core ideas that Atkins describes to Richard and Leslie?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)