|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard want to splash into the ocean to wash Growly off?
(a) The sea salt will make it shine.
(b) It has blood on it.
(c) He hopes the water will stain it blue.
(d) Symbolic cleansing.
2. What tourist industry does Ivan tell Leslie and Richard about?
(a) Submarine trips to Alaska.
(b) Siberian camping groups.
(c) Ice sailing.
(d) Deep-water sight-seeing.
3. How many years ago does Richard say he and Leslie first met at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Three years.
4. Before Pye leaves Leslie and Richard in Chapter 8, what advice does she give them?
(a) Stay safe.
(b) Don't stray too far.
(c) Explore together.
(d) Be cautious.
5. What is another name used for Attila the Hun?
6. What is Leslie's maiden name?
7. Who says, "We have some required courses: Survival, Nourishment, and Shelter."
(b) Leslie's mother.
8. What nickname does Richard call Leslie in Chapter 8?
9. What makes Leslie scream when she and Richard are flying a plane in Chapter 2?
(b) Yellow flash.
(c) Seeing another plane so close.
(d) A bird hitting the window.
10. What does the girl in Chapter 6 say she hates?
(a) Rainy days.
(c) Being hungry.
11. What gift does Leslie have that Pye says she blocked from her mind as a young child?
(a) Seeing auras.
(b) Speaking to spirits.
(c) Hearing voices.
12. What does Leslie's mother send to New York in Chapter 5?
(a) Request for financial aid.
(b) Photo of her daughter.
13. What city does Richard say the young Richard might drop a hydrogen bomb on?
14. What did Lieutenant Wyatt write on the chalk board?
(c) Follow orders.
(d) Top Gun.
15. What is "Growly"?
(a) Leslie's nickname.
(b) Name of Richard's seaplane.
(c) Richard's nickname.
(d) Pilot identification name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pye suggest created Richard and Leslie's time changes?
2. Where does Richard think they have landed at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What does Atkin say an idea needs in order to change the world?
4. What is the name of the old man Richard and Leslie meet on the mountainside?
5. What book did Richard write as a first-time novelist?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)