|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel Richard and Leslie have landed in when they see their younger selves?
(a) Comfort Inn.
(b) Holiday Inn.
(c) Crowne Plaza.
(d) Marriott Hotel.
2. Where is William's Air Force base located?
(b) North Dakota.
3. What does Richard realize is part of him at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Belief in passive resistance.
(b) A peaceful past.
(c) Nomadic life.
(d) Attila's violent ways.
4. Why does Richard want to splash into the ocean to wash Growly off?
(a) It has blood on it.
(b) He hopes the water will stain it blue.
(c) The sea salt will make it shine.
(d) Symbolic cleansing.
5. Where do Richard and Leslie try to land their plane at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Airport runway.
6. What city vanishes when Richard is flying a plane at the beginning of the novel?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
7. What are the men wearing who are guarding the tent in the desert?
(a) Fur coats.
(b) Bronze-fastened tunics and helmets.
(c) Leather jackets.
(d) Flowing robes.
8. What does Richard want to convince his younger self to do in Chapter 7?
(a) Listen to the president's orders.
(b) Stay in the Air Force.
(c) Quit the Air Force.
(d) Be a better pilot.
9. What reason does Richard give for not wanting to enter the tent in the desert?
(a) He thinks he's made a mistake.
(b) Pye is trying to get them back to another dimension.
(c) The seaplane is sinking.
(d) He'd rather visit with Tink.
10. Who is Pye?
(a) Friend of the younger Leslie.
(b) The person Richard and Leslie find in the airplane.
(c) Pilot friend of Richard's.
(d) Airport controller.
11. What does Atkin say an idea needs in order to change the world?
12. What runs through Leslie's body in the hotel hallway?
(b) A glass.
(c) Maid's cart.
13. At the beginning of the novel, where do Richard and Leslie plan to meet scientific researchers?
(a) Palm Springs.
(b) San Diego.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Spring Hill.
14. What does Tink give Leslie and Richard after they land the seaplane?
(a) Hard hats.
15. What book did Richard write as a first-time novelist?
(a) Forever Young.
(b) Explore and Discover.
(c) Jonathan Livingston Seagull.
(d) Ideas from the Universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people might young Richard kill if he flies the plane that drops a hydrogen bomb in 1962?
2. What job did Leslie have in Hollywood?
3. What is the man doing that Richard and Leslie see in the mountains?
4. Why does Attila kill his guard?
5. What question does Richard ask Attila that makes him act violently?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)