|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of radio-controlled bird models are in the younger Richard's hotel room?
2. What is Leslie's maiden name?
3. What does Pye suggest created Richard and Leslie's time changes?
(c) Belief in time travel.
4. How does Richard describe Leslie's hair at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Black as night.
(c) Reddish brown.
5. What does Tatiana say when the sirens go off?
(d) Volcano eruption!
6. What makes Tink cry?
(a) When Richard says he never heard about her.
(b) When Leslie criticizes her.
(c) When Richard and Leslie break some crystals.
(d) When Leslie says they love her.
7. How many people might young Richard kill if he flies the plane that drops a hydrogen bomb in 1962?
(a) Sixty thousand.
(b) Thirteen hundred.
(c) Twenty thousand.
(d) Nine hundred thousand.
8. Where is William's Air Force base located?
(d) North Dakota.
9. What reason does Richard give for not wanting to enter the tent in the desert?
(a) He thinks he's made a mistake.
(b) The seaplane is sinking.
(c) Pye is trying to get them back to another dimension.
(d) He'd rather visit with Tink.
10. What did Leslie give up as a young woman?
(a) Dating older men.
(b) Playing sports.
11. What city vanishes when Richard is flying a plane at the beginning of the novel?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
12. What drives right through Leslie and Richard in Chapter 7?
(d) Fuel truck.
13. What does Leslie's younger self ask of Leslie in Chapter 5?
(a) For help.
(b) To find her father.
(c) To give a message to her mother.
(d) A letter of recommendation.
14. What makes Leslie scream when she and Richard are flying a plane in Chapter 2?
(a) A bird hitting the window.
(c) Seeing another plane so close.
(d) Yellow flash.
15. What is "Growly"?
(a) Richard's nickname.
(b) Name of Richard's seaplane.
(c) Leslie's nickname.
(d) Pilot identification name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lieutenant Wyatt write on the chalk board?
2. What color sport coat is the younger Richard wearing in the hotel when Richard talks with him?
3. What is the name of the hotel Richard and Leslie have landed in when they see their younger selves?
4. What is the tent made of that Richard and Leslie see when they land in a desert?
5. What descriptive phrase does Attila use to describe himself?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)