|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Tink cry?
(a) When Leslie criticizes her.
(b) When Richard and Leslie break some crystals.
(c) When Richard says he never heard about her.
(d) When Leslie says they love her.
2. Who is Phil Mizenhalter?
(a) Richard's instructor.
(b) Richard's neighbor.
(c) Richard's friend.
(d) Richard's priest.
3. What does Ivan encourage Leslie and Richard to do when the sirens go off?
(a) Go back to their world.
(b) Write to him when they get home.
(c) Come with him to safety.
(d) Keep an eye on his apartment.
4. What does Richard say he was once terrified of in Chapter 1?
5. What does Attila the Hun try to do to Leslie when she is in the desert tent?
(a) Make her dance.
(b) Silence her by taping her mouth.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Fight with her.
6. What kind of radio-controlled bird models are in the younger Richard's hotel room?
7. What kind of animal does Tatiana say "Hallo" to?
8. What is a subject that Richard says in Chapter 8 that he likes to read about?
(b) Irish music.
(c) Military history.
9. What makes Leslie scream when she and Richard are flying a plane in Chapter 2?
(a) Seeing another plane so close.
(b) Yellow flash.
(d) A bird hitting the window.
10. What does young Richard say he likes about flying fighter planes?
(a) Destroying targets.
(d) Flying through clouds.
11. What is the man doing that Richard and Leslie see in the mountains?
(a) Cooking food over a campfire.
(d) Washing his clothes in a stream.
12. Where does Richard say he gets his ideas from?
(a) From other people.
(b) The sleep fairy.
(c) From books.
(d) While hiking.
13. How does Richard describe Leslie's hair at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Black as night.
(c) Reddish brown.
14. What city vanishes when Richard is flying a plane at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
15. What is the name of the old man Richard and Leslie meet on the mountainside?
(a) Anthony Robbins.
(b) Thomas Marshall.
(c) Daniel Lichtenstein.
(d) Jean-Paul Le Clerc.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what government agency does Ivan work?
2. What does Tatiana say when the sirens go off?
3. In what city is the seventeen-year-old Leslie giving a recital?
4. What is the tent made of that Richard and Leslie see when they land in a desert?
5. What gift does Leslie have that Pye says she blocked from her mind as a young child?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)