|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What runs through Leslie's body in the hotel hallway?
(a) A glass.
(b) Maid's cart.
2. What makes Leslie scream when she and Richard are flying a plane in Chapter 2?
(a) A bird hitting the window.
(c) Yellow flash.
(d) Seeing another plane so close.
3. How does Richard describe the factory he and Leslie land in?
(a) A beautiful place.
(b) Watery and moldy.
(c) Overtime in hell.
(d) Cold and joyless.
4. What happens to the compass after Leslie screams in Chapter 2?
(b) Falls off the instrument panel.
5. Where does Richard say he gets his ideas from?
(a) From books.
(b) The sleep fairy.
(c) While hiking.
(d) From other people.
6. How do Leslie and Richard feel without Pye in the seaplane?
7. What does young Richard say he likes about flying fighter planes?
(a) Destroying targets.
(c) Flying through clouds.
8. Why does Richard want to splash into the ocean to wash Growly off?
(a) It has blood on it.
(b) Symbolic cleansing.
(c) The sea salt will make it shine.
(d) He hopes the water will stain it blue.
9. Who walks out of the elevator at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Hotel owners.
(b) An alternate Richard and Leslie on the day they first met.
(c) Leslie's parents.
(d) Friends from years ago.
10. What is the name of the hotel Richard and Leslie have landed in when they see their younger selves?
(a) Crowne Plaza.
(b) Holiday Inn.
(c) Marriott Hotel.
(d) Comfort Inn.
11. When there are sirens going off, what does Ivan take from the closet?
(a) Two overnight bags.
(d) Face masks.
12. What is Pye wearing?
(a) Skirt and blouse.
(b) Jeans and plaid shirt.
(c) Shorts and a tank top.
(d) Long flowing printed skirt.
13. What descriptive phrase does Attila use to describe himself?
(a) Leader of Honorable Men.
(b) King of Monsters.
(c) God's Helper.
(d) Scourge of God.
14. What did Leslie give up as a young woman?
(a) Playing sports.
(c) Dating older men.
15. In what city is the seventeen-year-old Leslie giving a recital?
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Richard write as a first-time novelist?
2. What does the young Leslie's family think of her as stated in Chapter 6?
3. What does Tatiana say when the sirens go off?
4. What does Leslie's mother send to New York in Chapter 5?
5. What does Richard say to Pye about flying up high in Chapter 4?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)