|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard say to Pye about flying up high in Chapter 4?
(a) He is scared to go any higher.
(b) They can get perspective.
(c) The plane can't handle a higher altitude.
(d) Death will come if they fly higher.
2. Why does Richard want to splash into the ocean to wash Growly off?
(a) The sea salt will make it shine.
(b) Symbolic cleansing.
(c) He hopes the water will stain it blue.
(d) It has blood on it.
3. What reason does Richard give for not wanting to enter the tent in the desert?
(a) He thinks he's made a mistake.
(b) He'd rather visit with Tink.
(c) The seaplane is sinking.
(d) Pye is trying to get them back to another dimension.
4. What does Leslie's younger self ask of Leslie in Chapter 5?
(a) For help.
(b) To find her father.
(c) A letter of recommendation.
(d) To give a message to her mother.
5. What descriptive phrase does Attila use to describe himself?
(a) God's Helper.
(b) King of Monsters.
(c) Leader of Honorable Men.
(d) Scourge of God.
6. What kind of radio-controlled bird models are in the younger Richard's hotel room?
7. What does Ivan encourage Leslie and Richard to do when the sirens go off?
(a) Keep an eye on his apartment.
(b) Write to him when they get home.
(c) Go back to their world.
(d) Come with him to safety.
8. What did Lieutenant Wyatt write on the chalk board?
(c) Top Gun.
(d) Follow orders.
9. Who does Richard have to fight to defend Leslie in the desert?
(c) Human guard.
(d) Ghost of guard.
10. Where is William's Air Force base located?
(c) North Dakota.
11. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
(a) By their shoes.
(b) By their hairstyles.
(c) By their accents.
(d) By their hats.
12. In what city is the seventeen-year-old Leslie giving a recital?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
13. What is the word for one of the core ideas that Atkins describes to Richard and Leslie?
14. What year is it when Richard and Leslie land at William's Air Force base?
15. Where does Richard think they have landed at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(d) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Tatiana say "Hallo" to?
2. How many minutes are Richard and Leslie from their destination when the novel begins?
3. Who walks out of the elevator at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What does Pye tell Leslie she can use as a guide in Chapter 5?
5. Where does Richard say he gets his ideas from?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)