Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Leslie scream when she and Richard are flying a plane in Chapter 2?
(a) A bird hitting the window.
(b) Yellow flash.
(d) Seeing another plane so close.
2. What makes Tink cry?
(a) When Leslie says they love her.
(b) When Leslie criticizes her.
(c) When Richard and Leslie break some crystals.
(d) When Richard says he never heard about her.
3. Who is Pye?
(a) Pilot friend of Richard's.
(b) The person Richard and Leslie find in the airplane.
(c) Friend of the younger Leslie.
(d) Airport controller.
4. How much time does Richard estimate they have left to fly the plane when the fuel gauge is not working at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Forty minutes.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Twenty minutes.
5. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
(a) By their hats.
(b) By their shoes.
(c) By their accents.
(d) By their hairstyles.
6. Why does Attila kill his guard?
(a) The guard disobeyed him.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) The guard called him a terrible name.
(d) Because the guard cannot see Leslie and Richard.
7. What tourist industry does Ivan tell Leslie and Richard about?
(a) Deep-water sight-seeing.
(b) Submarine trips to Alaska.
(c) Ice sailing.
(d) Siberian camping groups.
8. In what government agency does Ivan work?
9. What does the young Leslie's family think of her as stated in Chapter 6?
(a) She is special and needs all their support.
(b) She is an excellent singer.
(c) She doesn't work hard enough.
(d) That she's stubborn and strange.
10. How many minutes are Richard and Leslie from their destination when the novel begins?
(a) One hour.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Six hours.
11. What is "Growly"?
(a) Name of Richard's seaplane.
(b) Leslie's nickname.
(c) Richard's nickname.
(d) Pilot identification name.
12. What does Leslie's younger self ask of Leslie in Chapter 5?
(a) To give a message to her mother.
(b) For help.
(c) To find her father.
(d) A letter of recommendation.
13. Who walks out of the elevator at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Friends from years ago.
(b) An alternate Richard and Leslie on the day they first met.
(c) Leslie's parents.
(d) Hotel owners.
14. What drives right through Leslie and Richard in Chapter 7?
(d) Fuel truck.
15. What does Pye say that Richard and Leslie need in order to get back home?
(b) Richard's ability to fix the plane.
(d) Leslie's strong connection to her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the younger Leslie do when she gets off an elevator in Chapter 3?
2. At the beginning of the novel, where do Richard and Leslie plan to meet scientific researchers?
3. How many people might young Richard kill if he flies the plane that drops a hydrogen bomb in 1962?
4. What does Tatiana say when the sirens go off?
5. In what city is the seventeen-year-old Leslie giving a recital?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)