|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
(a) By their hats.
(b) By their hairstyles.
(c) By their accents.
(d) By their shoes.
2. How does Richard describe the factory he and Leslie land in?
(a) Overtime in hell.
(b) A beautiful place.
(c) Cold and joyless.
(d) Watery and moldy.
3. What reason does Richard give for not wanting to enter the tent in the desert?
(a) Pye is trying to get them back to another dimension.
(b) The seaplane is sinking.
(c) He thinks he's made a mistake.
(d) He'd rather visit with Tink.
4. Where does Richard say he gets his ideas from?
(a) From books.
(b) While hiking.
(c) The sleep fairy.
(d) From other people.
5. What city does Richard say the young Richard might drop a hydrogen bomb on?
6. What kind of animal does Tatiana say "Hallo" to?
7. What happens to the compass after Leslie screams in Chapter 2?
(b) Falls off the instrument panel.
8. What does Tink give Leslie and Richard after they land the seaplane?
(c) Hard hats.
9. What does the younger Leslie do when she gets off an elevator in Chapter 3?
(a) Hurries toward her room.
(b) Stops and looks out the window.
(c) Decides to go back down the elevator.
(d) Goes to find a maid.
10. What is the Conover Agency?
(a) Detective agency.
(b) Insurance agency.
(c) Government agency.
(d) Modeling agency.
11. What does Pye suggest created Richard and Leslie's time changes?
(c) Belief in time travel.
12. What city vanishes when Richard is flying a plane at the beginning of the novel?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Diego.
13. What does Leslie's younger self ask of Leslie in Chapter 5?
(a) For help.
(b) A letter of recommendation.
(c) To give a message to her mother.
(d) To find her father.
14. What does the young Leslie's family think of her as stated in Chapter 6?
(a) She doesn't work hard enough.
(b) She is special and needs all their support.
(c) That she's stubborn and strange.
(d) She is an excellent singer.
15. What does Richard want to convince his younger self to do in Chapter 7?
(a) Quit the Air Force.
(b) Be a better pilot.
(c) Listen to the president's orders.
(d) Stay in the Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lieutenant Wyatt write on the chalk board?
2. What is the man doing that Richard and Leslie see in the mountains?
3. What is the word for one of the core ideas that Atkins describes to Richard and Leslie?
4. What does Tatiana say when the sirens go off?
5. Who says, "We have some required courses: Survival, Nourishment, and Shelter."
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)