|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Atkin say an idea needs in order to change the world?
2. What is another name used for Attila the Hun?
3. What city does Richard say the young Richard might drop a hydrogen bomb on?
4. Who is Tink?
(a) Idea fairy.
(b) Richard's niece.
(c) Leslie's younger sister.
(d) Assistant to Atkins.
5. How many years ago does Richard say he and Leslie first met at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Twelve years.
6. Where do Richard and Leslie try to land their plane at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Airport runway.
7. How does Richard describe the factory he and Leslie land in?
(a) A beautiful place.
(b) Watery and moldy.
(c) Overtime in hell.
(d) Cold and joyless.
8. What happens to the compass after Leslie screams in Chapter 2?
(b) Falls off the instrument panel.
9. What drives right through Leslie and Richard in Chapter 7?
(b) Fuel truck.
10. What makes Leslie scream when she and Richard are flying a plane in Chapter 2?
(a) Yellow flash.
(c) Seeing another plane so close.
(d) A bird hitting the window.
11. What color sport coat is the younger Richard wearing in the hotel when Richard talks with him?
12. When there are sirens going off, what does Ivan take from the closet?
(a) Two overnight bags.
(b) Face masks.
13. What does Richard say he was once terrified of in Chapter 1?
14. How many people might young Richard kill if he flies the plane that drops a hydrogen bomb in 1962?
(a) Twenty thousand.
(b) Sixty thousand.
(c) Thirteen hundred.
(d) Nine hundred thousand.
15. How do the couple that Leslie and Richard meet in Chapter 11 know they are Americans?
(a) By their accents.
(b) By their hairstyles.
(c) By their shoes.
(d) By their hats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man doing that Richard and Leslie see in the mountains?
2. What gift does Leslie have that Pye says she blocked from her mind as a young child?
3. What does Tink give Leslie and Richard after they land the seaplane?
4. What was the name of Richard's dog when he was a child?
5. What is the word for one of the core ideas that Atkins describes to Richard and Leslie?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)