|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers put in the fire?
2. Who does May reunite with at the winter camp?
3. How do the twins, whose husbands participated in the raid on the Shoshone, react to the bag of Shoshone infant's hands?
4. What does the tribal seer see for the future of the tribe?
5. How are the women seen by the people of the fort?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the book's ending and whether or not it is a satisfactory ending for readers. Is it historically accurate? What part does the seer's prophecy play in making the ending more powerful? Does the ending satisfy the bulk of readers' questions?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the use of symbolism in the names of some of the characters in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Please describe how the Kelly sisters, Margaret and Susan, are portrayed throughout the text. Do they change at all? If so, how? If not, why not? What are their main motivations for their actions with the tribe?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)