|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that upsets Little Wolf about moving to the Agency?
2. How does May react to the seer's predictions about the tribes future?
3. What does Helen do that the Indian women consider scandalous?
4. How does May describe the sanitation at the camp?
5. What does Chief Little Wolf decide to ban from camp because it causes harm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the nomadic life of the Cheyenne tribe end?
2. What does Anthony decide to do as the tribe prepares to move to the Agency?
3. How are the women seen when they enter the fort with the Cheyenne after living almost six months with the Cheyenne?
4. What does May try to do each morning, and who often joins her?
5. How does Chief Little Wolf respond to the Sioux request that the Cheyenne join them as they go to war against the white man?
6. What happens to May's journals?
7. What happens to Chief Little Wolf and some members of the tribe that makes him reconsider who their enemy really is?
8. As a result of the Crow incident, how does Quiet One's attitude toward May change and why?
9. Who accompanies the women back from the fort to the Cheyenne camp?
10. What does Woman Who Moves Against the Wind, the tribal holy woman, see for the Cheyenne future?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the transformation of Daisy throughout the story, and explain what causes that transformation.
Essay Topic 2
There are times, throughout the book, that May discusses the idea of being civilized from the perspective of the Cheyenne and the white man. Who is to say, who is the more civilized? Give some examples of May's observation of the the "civilizations" of Indians and white people.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the use of symbolism in the names of some of the characters in the story.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)