|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do all of the women feel about the new babies?
2. Where does May have her baby?
3. What do some of the Cheyenne families decide to do after considering the white man's orders to go to the Agency?
4. Whose child does May have?
5. Why does Phemie refuse to go the the Agency?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does December 25th pass for the women?
2. How does Phemie feel about the Cheyenne moving to the Agency?
3. What happens to the women on one of these morning outings?
4. What happens to Reverend Hare that changes his standing in the tribe?
5. How are the women seen when they enter the fort with the Cheyenne after living almost six months with the Cheyenne?
6. What do the Indians do on the return trip from the fort that May believes will cause trouble?
7. What does Anthony decide to do as the tribe prepares to move to the Agency?
8. What does May try to do each morning, and who often joins her?
9. What terrible thing happens that make the women believe the Cheyenne are truly savages?
10. What does Chief Little Wolf do to let the white man know he intends to comply with their demands that the tribe move to the Agency?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character had the most dramatic growth from the beginning of the text to the end? Please support your answers with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Who is the book's antagonist? Please support your answer with details and examples from the book. Do you think this character was realistic and well developed or one dimensional?
Essay Topic 3
What differences are there in the interpretation of moral behavior between the white man's culture, as exemplified by the white women, and the Indians? Use comments made in the text to support your statements.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)