Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Martha decide to join the Brides for Indians program?
2. What does May believe happened during the wedding ceremony?
3. The women are depressed, but Phemie brings some cheer by doing what?
4. Who are the Kelly sisters, Margaret and Susan?
5. What happens to Jules Seminole because he brought the whiskey to the tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Phemie handle her life in the tribe?
2. How does the ordeal with the Crow Indians end for the women?
3. How are the women first greeted by the Cheyenne?
4. How does May describe the Cheyenne children?
5. What terrible thing happens that make the women believe the Cheyenne are truly savages?
6. What happens when the Indians drink whiskey?
7. What does May learn about the fort Indians and the Indians living with their tribes?
8. After encountering Jules Seminole, how does May feel about Chief Little Wolf?
9. How does Chief Little Wolf feel about taking the tribe to the Agency?
10. Who accompanies the women back from the fort to the Cheyenne camp?
Essay Topic 1
Who is the book's antagonist? Please support your answer with details and examples from the book. Do you think this character was realistic and well developed or one dimensional?
Essay Topic 2
Which character had the most dramatic growth from the beginning of the text to the end? Please support your answers with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Leadership is certainly a strong theme throughout One Thousand White Women. What kind of a leader was Chief Little Wolf? What, if any, qualities of a good or strong leader did he exemplify? Was his personality common among the Indians, or was he an exceptional man?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)