|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the relationship of the white women who joined the Brides for Indians program evolved during the time they have spent with the Cheyenne?
(a) They have become enemies.
(b) They have drifted apart.
(c) They pay little attention to each other.
(d) They have become closer.
2. How does May feel about visiting the fort after spending months with the Cheyenne?
(a) It is time to refuse to return to the Cheyenne.
(b) A bit anxious about encountering white civilization again.
(c) It is a wasted trip that should not be made.
(d) She should demand to stay there until her baby is born.
3. What does the agent of the Red Cloud agency think May is?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A good, Christian woman.
(c) An angel of mercy.
(d) A prostitute serving the Indians.
4. How do the Cheyenne women explain the act of capturing the Shoshone infant's hands to May?
(a) An act of no importance.
(b) The act of a demented few.
(c) An act that protects the Cheyenne babies.
(d) A childish act that must be ignored.
5. What does General Crook want the Cheyenne to do?
(a) Travel south and leave the area.
(b) Leave the area and move West.
(c) Go to the Red Cloud Agency.
(d) Disband and move to different areas of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the women seen by the people of the fort?
2. What happens to the band of Crow Indians that kidnapped the women?
3. Where does May have her baby?
4. Why does May feel the need to be close to Chief Little Wolf after the kidnapping ordeal?
5. What does the tribal seer see for the future of the tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Wren?
2. How are the women seen when they enter the fort with the Cheyenne after living almost six months with the Cheyenne?
3. What terrible thing happens that make the women believe the Cheyenne are truly savages?
4. What happens to May's journals?
5. How does May describe Anthony?
6. How does the nomadic life of the Cheyenne tribe end?
7. What does Woman Who Moves Against the Wind, the tribal holy woman, see for the Cheyenne future?
8. How does Chief Little Wolf feel about taking the tribe to the Agency?
9. What does Anthony decide to do as the tribe prepares to move to the Agency?
10. What unusual reaction does Daisy have while living with the Cheyenne?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)