|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to see Anthony 50 years after the Army attacked the Cheyenne?
(a) Jasmine Wild Flower, Martha's granddaughter.
(b) Reverend Hare.
(c) Captain Bourke.
(d) Harold Wild Plums, son of Wren, grandson of May.
2. What is one of the results of the Kit Foxes attack on the Shoshone?
(a) They present the scalp of the Shoshone Chief.
(b) They present a bag containing the right hands of 12 Shoshone babies.
(c) They bring proof of the destruction of the Shoshone warriors.
(d) They bring the Shoshone Chief as a captive.
3. What does Reverend Hare do to incur the wrath of members of the tribe?
(a) He steals food when there is little.
(b) He propositions one of the married women.
(c) He steals horses and sells them to other Indian tribes for his profit.
(d) He tries to molest one of the young boys.
4. How does May feel about moving to the Agency?
(a) The tribe will become wealthy traders.
(b) It will be a good move.
(c) It is inevitable.
(d) It will destroy the tribe.
5. What news does Gertie bring to May when she visits her at the camp?
(a) Captain Bourke has arranged for the Cheyenne to escape to the West.
(b) The army is coming to kill the Cheyenne.
(c) The deadline to go to the Agency has been extended.
(d) The army is coming to enforce the order to go to the Agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does General Crook want the Cheyenne to do?
2. What happens very soon after the Cheyenne arrive at the winter camp?
3. What does Chief Little Wolf decide to ban from camp because it causes harm?
4. What is one thing that upsets Little Wolf about moving to the Agency?
5. What is "Seano?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What items are denied the Cheyenne during the attempts to trade at the fort?
2. What do the Indians do on the return trip from the fort that May believes will cause trouble?
3. How does the ordeal with the Crow Indians end for the women?
4. How does Phemie handle her life in the tribe?
5. What unusual reaction does Daisy have while living with the Cheyenne?
6. What is unusual about Wren?
7. What does May tell Chief Little Wolf he will have to do in order to comply with the law of the white man?
8. What does Chief Little Wolf do to let the white man know he intends to comply with their demands that the tribe move to the Agency?
9. How does May describe Anthony?
10. What does May try to do each morning, and who often joins her?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)