|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing that upsets Little Wolf about moving to the Agency?
(a) The white women will rule the tribe.
(b) He has to step down as Chief.
(c) He has to give up two of his wives.
(d) The tribe will have to serve the white people.
2. Why does May believe the Indians have not easily convert to Christianity?
(a) They have their own religion which satisfies them.
(b) They don't speak English well enough to understand.
(c) They are sworn atheists.
(d) The don't like white people.
3. How are the women seen by the people of the fort?
(a) As brave women on a special mission.
(b) As unusual women and not well understood.
(c) As similar to the prostitutes who hang around the fort Indians.
(d) As loathsome creatures to be avoided.
4. How do the Cheyenne feel about May's child?
(a) She is evil.
(b) She and May should be sent to the fort.
(c) She is sacred.
(d) They condemn May and the child.
5. How does Chief Little Wolf feel about May's child?
(a) He sends her and May to the Fort.
(b) He condemns the child.
(c) He considers the child his daughter.
(d) He is upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of the Cheyenne joining the Sioux to do?
2. What was the major issue regarding Sara's burial?
3. What happens when everyone finds out Gertie is a woman?
4. What does General Crook want the Cheyenne to do?
5. What happens to May?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who accompanies the women back from the fort to the Cheyenne camp?
2. How does Phemie feel about the Cheyenne moving to the Agency?
3. How does Phemie handle her life in the tribe?
4. What unusual reaction does Daisy have while living with the Cheyenne?
5. What happens to Chief Little Wolf and some members of the tribe that makes him reconsider who their enemy really is?
6. What items are denied the Cheyenne during the attempts to trade at the fort?
7. What does May tell Chief Little Wolf he will have to do in order to comply with the law of the white man?
8. How are the women seen when they enter the fort with the Cheyenne after living almost six months with the Cheyenne?
9. As a result of the Crow incident, how does Quiet One's attitude toward May change and why?
10. What terrible thing happens that make the women believe the Cheyenne are truly savages?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)