|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May ask Little Wolf to do in order to let the Army personnel know they intend to comply?
(a) Host a feast and invite people from the fort.
(b) Go immediately to the Agency.
(c) Fly a white flag in the camp.
(d) Pretend to agree to go to the Agency.
2. What does Anthony's plans include for the spring?
(a) Going to the Agency to convert Indians.
(b) Going back East.
(c) Building a hermitage.
(d) Moving West.
3. What do the soldiers put in the fire?
(c) The dead.
(d) The tipis.
4. What items are no longer available for trade to the Indians?
(a) Farm implements.
(c) Gunpowder and ammunition.
5. What happens to May?
(a) She is rescued.
(b) She escapes the camp and runs away.
(c) She gets shot.
(d) She is beaten
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the band of Crow Indians that kidnapped the women?
2. One of May's arguments in support of moving to the Agency includes the belief that the mixed race children will help the Indians assimilate. What is Phemie's response?
3. Who is Pretty Walker?
4. What is May's favorite time of day?
5. What is "Seano?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What unusual reaction does Daisy have while living with the Cheyenne?
2. How does Phemie handle her life in the tribe?
3. How does Chief Little Wolf feel about taking the tribe to the Agency?
4. How are the women seen when they enter the fort with the Cheyenne after living almost six months with the Cheyenne?
5. How does the ordeal with the Crow Indians end for the women?
6. What is unusual about Wren?
7. Who accompanies the women back from the fort to the Cheyenne camp?
8. How does May describe Anthony?
9. What does May try to do each morning, and who often joins her?
10. How does Phemie feel about the Cheyenne moving to the Agency?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)