|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May observe about Anthony's sharing of his Christian faith?
(a) He simply does nothing.
(b) He is full of fire and brimstone.
(c) He threatens hell as punishment for their sins.
(d) He preaches gently.
2. What does Chief Little Wolf finally decide to do in response to the Army's demand that they go to the Agency?
(b) Go to the West.
(c) Travel to the Agency as soon as practical.
(d) Join with other Indian tribes and fight.
3. One day, some of the white women who were gathered together away from the tribe were kidnapped and raped. Which of the women died?
4. As the Cheyenne enter the fort, how are the women greeted by the inhabitants of the fort?
(a) With disdain and contempt.
(b) With violence and threats.
(c) With curiosity and questions.
(d) With respect and admiration.
5. Where does May have her baby?
(a) At the agency.
(b) In her tent.
(c) At the fort.
(d) In the birthing lodge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pretty Walker?
2. What do the Sioux Indians come to ask of the Cheyenne tribe?
3. How does May react to the seer's predictions about the tribes future?
4. How does May feel about visiting the fort after spending months with the Cheyenne?
5. What items are no longer available for trade to the Indians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does May tell Chief Little Wolf he will have to do in order to comply with the law of the white man?
2. What does May try to do each morning, and who often joins her?
3. What does Anthony decide to do as the tribe prepares to move to the Agency?
4. What terrible thing happens that make the women believe the Cheyenne are truly savages?
5. What happens to Reverend Hare that changes his standing in the tribe?
6. What happens to Chief Little Wolf and some members of the tribe that makes him reconsider who their enemy really is?
7. How does the ordeal with the Crow Indians end for the women?
8. Who accompanies the women back from the fort to the Cheyenne camp?
9. How does May describe Anthony?
10. How does December 25th pass for the women?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)