|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is May's favorite time of day?
(a) At the end of the day, when the others have gone to sleep.
(b) In the morning, before the camp is fully awake.
(c) In the afternoon, while most of the others take an afternoon nap.
(d) After dinner, while the others relax at the end of the day.
2. What does Chief Little Wolf decide to ban from camp because it causes harm?
(b) White man's goods.
3. What happens to John Bourke after the Army attack?
(a) He becomes a general in the Army.
(b) He quietly retires and lives alone.
(c) He loses his mind.
(d) He becomes an advocate of Indian's rights.
4. What happens when everyone finds out Gertie is a woman?
(a) She still works as a muleskinner.
(b) She is forced to live with the Indians.
(c) She is exiled.
(d) She marries one of the other muleskinners.
5. What does May observe about Anthony's sharing of his Christian faith?
(a) He preaches gently.
(b) He threatens hell as punishment for their sins.
(c) He simply does nothing.
(d) He is full of fire and brimstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Phemie refuse to go the the Agency?
2. What does the tribal seer see for the future of the tribe?
3. What does Helen do that the Indian women consider scandalous?
4. How is the weather as the Indians leave the fort?
5. Who comes to see Anthony 50 years after the Army attacked the Cheyenne?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the cold weather, the men spend time in their sweat lodge which is off limits to women. What do the women decide to do for themselves?
2. As a result of the Crow incident, how does Quiet One's attitude toward May change and why?
3. How are the women seen when they enter the fort with the Cheyenne after living almost six months with the Cheyenne?
4. What unusual reaction does Daisy have while living with the Cheyenne?
5. What happens to May's journals?
6. How does Chief Little Wolf feel about taking the tribe to the Agency?
7. How does May describe Anthony?
8. What happens to Chief Little Wolf and some members of the tribe that makes him reconsider who their enemy really is?
9. What does Woman Who Moves Against the Wind, the tribal holy woman, see for the Cheyenne future?
10. How does Phemie handle her life in the tribe?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)