|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Reverend Hare's indiscretion?
(a) He is abandoned in the wilderness.
(b) He is taken back to the fort and left there.
(c) He is banished from the tribe.
(d) He loses all credibility with the tribe.
2. One day, some of the white women who were gathered together away from the tribe were kidnapped and raped. Which of the women died?
3. What do some of the Cheyenne families decide to do after considering the white man's orders to go to the Agency?
(a) Leave the tribe for the West.
(b) Hide out in the Black Hills.
(c) Go to the Agency.
(d) Return to the fort.
4. What happens to John Bourke after the Army attack?
(a) He becomes a general in the Army.
(b) He loses his mind.
(c) He becomes an advocate of Indian's rights.
(d) He quietly retires and lives alone.
5. After the kidnapping ordeal, how are the women treated by the tribe?
(a) Generously and lovingly and welcomed back to their homes.
(b) As if nothing happened.
(c) As if they now have strong medicine because of their ordeal.
(d) Cruelly and coldly because they have been humiliated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does May believe the Indians have not easily convert to Christianity?
2. Who is Woman Who Moves Against the Wind?
3. What are some of the Cheyenne joining the Sioux to do?
4. Why is Quiet One kind to May after the kidnapping ordeal?
5. What does the visitor bring to Anthony?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does December 25th pass for the women?
2. What happens to Chief Little Wolf and some members of the tribe that makes him reconsider who their enemy really is?
3. What is unusual about Wren?
4. What happens to the women on one of these morning outings?
5. How does the nomadic life of the Cheyenne tribe end?
6. How are the women seen when they enter the fort with the Cheyenne after living almost six months with the Cheyenne?
7. What does Woman Who Moves Against the Wind, the tribal holy woman, see for the Cheyenne future?
8. Who accompanies the women back from the fort to the Cheyenne camp?
9. During the cold weather, the men spend time in their sweat lodge which is off limits to women. What do the women decide to do for themselves?
10. How does Phemie handle her life in the tribe?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)