|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the major issue regarding Sara's burial?
(a) Reverend Hare wanted a Christian burial, and the Cheyenne wanted a traditional Cheyenne burial.
(b) The white women insisted on performing a ceremony.
(c) What items should be buried with her.
(d) An argument about what outfit she should be buried in.
2. What does May ask Little Wolf to do in order to let the Army personnel know they intend to comply?
(a) Host a feast and invite people from the fort.
(b) Fly a white flag in the camp.
(c) Go immediately to the Agency.
(d) Pretend to agree to go to the Agency.
3. What is one thing that upsets Little Wolf about moving to the Agency?
(a) He has to give up two of his wives.
(b) He has to step down as Chief.
(c) The white women will rule the tribe.
(d) The tribe will have to serve the white people.
4. How does Martha feel about Christmas?
(a) She isn't interested in that anymore.
(b) She spends time with Anthony.
(c) It makes her homesick.
(d) She puts up a tree and gives everyone presents.
5. What does May tell Martha about the night of the abduction?
(a) She had resigned herself to joining the Crow tribe.
(b) She, too, was afraid, but tried to protect her unborn child.
(c) She had a message from Chief Little Wolf that he was coming to save them.
(d) She recognized some of the Crow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaces the Reverend Hare?
2. Whose child does May have?
3. One day, some of the white women who were gathered together away from the tribe were kidnapped and raped. Which of the women died?
4. What does the visitor bring to Anthony?
5. What happens to May?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Phemie handle her life in the tribe?
2. How does Chief Little Wolf feel about taking the tribe to the Agency?
3. What happens to Reverend Hare that changes his standing in the tribe?
4. How does May describe Anthony?
5. What does May try to do each morning, and who often joins her?
6. What does May tell Chief Little Wolf he will have to do in order to comply with the law of the white man?
7. What does Anthony decide to do as the tribe prepares to move to the Agency?
8. As a result of the Crow incident, how does Quiet One's attitude toward May change and why?
9. Who accompanies the women back from the fort to the Cheyenne camp?
10. What do the Indians do on the return trip from the fort that May believes will cause trouble?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)