|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when everyone finds out Gertie is a woman?
(a) She still works as a muleskinner.
(b) She marries one of the other muleskinners.
(c) She is forced to live with the Indians.
(d) She is exiled.
2. How does Chief Little Wolf feel about May's child?
(a) He condemns the child.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He sends her and May to the Fort.
(d) He considers the child his daughter.
3. Why does May feel the need to be close to Chief Little Wolf after the kidnapping ordeal?
(a) She is afraid and needs the comfort of his being close.
(b) She is afraid to be in the tent with other members of her family.
(c) She is afraid he will now divorce her because she was raped.
(d) She is sure she is now his favorite wife.
4. Whose child does May have?
(a) Harry Ames.
(b) Reverend Hare.
(c) Chief Little Wolf.
(d) John Bourke.
5. Which of the women is the first to learn the Cheyenne language, and why is it so unusual?
(a) Ada, because she is so melancholy.
(b) Sara, because she never spoke English.
(c) Narcissa, because she is so adamant that she is a captive.
(d) Phemie, because she is a warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is May's primary concern about the demand that they move to the Agency?
2. What does May believe Narcissa is planning as they near the fort?
3. Why does the Army attack the Cheyenne camp?
4. What does Anthony decide to do when the Cheyenne go to the Agency?
5. How does May feel about moving to the Agency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anthony decide to do as the tribe prepares to move to the Agency?
2. How does May describe Anthony?
3. How does Phemie feel about the Cheyenne moving to the Agency?
4. What does Woman Who Moves Against the Wind, the tribal holy woman, see for the Cheyenne future?
5. How does December 25th pass for the women?
6. What unusual reaction does Daisy have while living with the Cheyenne?
7. What does Chief Little Wolf do to let the white man know he intends to comply with their demands that the tribe move to the Agency?
8. What happens to May's journals?
9. Who accompanies the women back from the fort to the Cheyenne camp?
10. What is unusual about Wren?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)