|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Gertie bring to May when she visits her at the camp?
(a) The army is coming to enforce the order to go to the Agency.
(b) Captain Bourke has arranged for the Cheyenne to escape to the West.
(c) The army is coming to kill the Cheyenne.
(d) The deadline to go to the Agency has been extended.
2. What does Chief Little Wolf decide to ban from camp because it causes harm?
(b) White man's goods.
3. Who is Woman Who Moves Against the Wind?
(a) A guide.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A tribal holy person.
4. What happens when Bourke does not shock Chief Little Wolf in the "game?"
(a) He goes to live with the Indians.
(c) He becomes the commander of the fort.
(d) He loses face with his men.
5. What do the soldiers put in the fire?
(a) The dead.
(b) The tipis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is May's primary concern about the demand that they move to the Agency?
2. What does May find repugnant about the religious practices of the Cheyenne?
3. How do all of the women feel about the new babies?
4. What does the tribal seer see for the future of the tribe?
5. What happens to the band of Crow Indians that kidnapped the women?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)