|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the major issue regarding Sara's burial?
(a) What items should be buried with her.
(b) Reverend Hare wanted a Christian burial, and the Cheyenne wanted a traditional Cheyenne burial.
(c) An argument about what outfit she should be buried in.
(d) The white women insisted on performing a ceremony.
2. What news does Gertie bring to May when she visits her at the camp?
(a) The army is coming to kill the Cheyenne.
(b) The army is coming to enforce the order to go to the Agency.
(c) The deadline to go to the Agency has been extended.
(d) Captain Bourke has arranged for the Cheyenne to escape to the West.
3. As the Cheyenne enter the fort, how are the women greeted by the inhabitants of the fort?
(a) With respect and admiration.
(b) With violence and threats.
(c) With curiosity and questions.
(d) With disdain and contempt.
4. Why does May feel the need to be close to Chief Little Wolf after the kidnapping ordeal?
(a) She is afraid to be in the tent with other members of her family.
(b) She is afraid he will now divorce her because she was raped.
(c) She is sure she is now his favorite wife.
(d) She is afraid and needs the comfort of his being close.
5. How does Anthony react to the presentation of the Shoshone infant's hands?
(a) With great anger condemning the Cheyenne to Hell.
(b) He is realistic and understands why the Cheyenne did it.
(c) He believes the women must help bring the Cheyenne to Christianity.
(d) Without emotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do all of the women feel about the new babies?
2. How do the Cheyenne women explain the act of capturing the Shoshone infant's hands to May?
3. What happens to May?
4. What does May try to convince Chief Little Wolf to do because she believes it is in the best interests of the Cheyenne?
5. What does Chief Little Wolf finally decide to do in response to the Army's demand that they go to the Agency?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Phemie feel about the Cheyenne moving to the Agency?
2. How does Chief Little Wolf respond to the Sioux request that the Cheyenne join them as they go to war against the white man?
3. What unusual reaction does Daisy have while living with the Cheyenne?
4. What happens to Reverend Hare that changes his standing in the tribe?
5. What items are denied the Cheyenne during the attempts to trade at the fort?
6. What does Woman Who Moves Against the Wind, the tribal holy woman, see for the Cheyenne future?
7. How does May describe Anthony?
8. During the cold weather, the men spend time in their sweat lodge which is off limits to women. What do the women decide to do for themselves?
9. Who accompanies the women back from the fort to the Cheyenne camp?
10. What happens to May's journals?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)