|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anthony decide to do when the Cheyenne go to the Agency?
(a) Stay in the area and build his hermitage.
(b) Go West.
(c) Go back to his home.
(d) Go with the tribe to the Agency.
2. What does May tell Martha about the night of the abduction?
(a) She had a message from Chief Little Wolf that he was coming to save them.
(b) She, too, was afraid, but tried to protect her unborn child.
(c) She had resigned herself to joining the Crow tribe.
(d) She recognized some of the Crow.
3. What is Captain Bourke's first reaction to May the first time he recognizes her?
(a) He shows horror and revulsion.
(b) He shows curiosity and interest.
(c) He displays joy and delight.
(d) He is threatening and cruel.
4. Who is Pretty Walker?
(a) A young woman who takes care of the children.
(b) A young woman who takes care of the horses.
(c) Chief Little Wolf's daughter.
(d) A girl who leads the children.
5. What does Narcissis do at the fort?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Reveals she is a spy.
(c) Aborts her baby.
(d) Gives her baby up for adoption.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Cheyenne women explain the act of capturing the Shoshone infant's hands to May?
2. Whose child does May have?
3. One day, some of the white women who were gathered together away from the tribe were kidnapped and raped. Which of the women died?
4. What is the result of Reverend Hare's indiscretion?
5. What does May find repugnant about the religious practices of the Cheyenne?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)