|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day, some of the white women who were gathered together away from the tribe were kidnapped and raped. Which of the women died?
2. Which other woman frequently joins May at the beginning of her favorite time of day?
3. How does Martha feel about Christmas?
(a) It makes her homesick.
(b) She puts up a tree and gives everyone presents.
(c) She isn't interested in that anymore.
(d) She spends time with Anthony.
4. What does the tribal seer see for the future of the tribe?
5. What items are no longer available for trade to the Indians?
(a) Farm implements.
(d) Gunpowder and ammunition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pretty Walker?
2. What does the visitor bring to Anthony?
3. What does May find repugnant about the religious practices of the Cheyenne?
4. How does Chief Little Wolf feel about the Red Cloud Agency?
5. What do some of the Cheyenne families decide to do after considering the white man's orders to go to the Agency?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Chief Little Wolf and some members of the tribe that makes him reconsider who their enemy really is?
2. During the cold weather, the men spend time in their sweat lodge which is off limits to women. What do the women decide to do for themselves?
3. What items are denied the Cheyenne during the attempts to trade at the fort?
4. As a result of the Crow incident, how does Quiet One's attitude toward May change and why?
5. What does Woman Who Moves Against the Wind, the tribal holy woman, see for the Cheyenne future?
6. How does Chief Little Wolf respond to the Sioux request that the Cheyenne join them as they go to war against the white man?
7. How are the women seen when they enter the fort with the Cheyenne after living almost six months with the Cheyenne?
8. What happens to the women on one of these morning outings?
9. What does May tell Chief Little Wolf he will have to do in order to comply with the law of the white man?
10. What happens to May's journals?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)