|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chief Little Wolf decide to ban from camp because it causes harm?
(c) White man's goods.
2. After the kidnapping ordeal, how are the women treated by the tribe?
(a) Cruelly and coldly because they have been humiliated.
(b) Generously and lovingly and welcomed back to their homes.
(c) As if nothing happened.
(d) As if they now have strong medicine because of their ordeal.
3. What happens that causes some distress among the women, especially Martha?
(a) The women must leave to have their babies.
(b) The women are asked to travel alone.
(c) Because game is scarce, the tribe is forced to separate.
(d) The women are forced to leave their families.
4. How is the weather as the Indians leave the fort?
(a) Raining and gloomy.
(c) Cool and pleasant.
(d) Snowing and cold.
5. Why does May feel the need to be close to Chief Little Wolf after the kidnapping ordeal?
(a) She is afraid to be in the tent with other members of her family.
(b) She is sure she is now his favorite wife.
(c) She is afraid and needs the comfort of his being close.
(d) She is afraid he will now divorce her because she was raped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May try to convince Chief Little Wolf to do because she believes it is in the best interests of the Cheyenne?
2. What happens to May during a bad storm?
3. How does May feel about moving to the Agency?
4. Whose child does May have?
5. How do the twins, whose husbands participated in the raid on the Shoshone, react to the bag of Shoshone infant's hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does May try to do each morning, and who often joins her?
2. How does Phemie handle her life in the tribe?
3. What unusual reaction does Daisy have while living with the Cheyenne?
4. What happens to Reverend Hare that changes his standing in the tribe?
5. How does Phemie feel about the Cheyenne moving to the Agency?
6. What items are denied the Cheyenne during the attempts to trade at the fort?
7. What does Anthony decide to do as the tribe prepares to move to the Agency?
8. What does May tell Chief Little Wolf he will have to do in order to comply with the law of the white man?
9. During the cold weather, the men spend time in their sweat lodge which is off limits to women. What do the women decide to do for themselves?
10. How are the women seen when they enter the fort with the Cheyenne after living almost six months with the Cheyenne?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)