|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Army attack the Cheyenne camp?
(a) Because they want to steal all the horses.
(b) Because Jules Seminole told the Army it was a Sioux camp.
(c) Because they could do anything they wanted to do.
(d) Because they did not care if the Cheyenne were ready to cooperate.
2. Where does May have her baby?
(a) In the birthing lodge.
(b) In her tent.
(c) At the fort.
(d) At the agency.
3. What happens to May during a bad storm?
(a) She gets lost in the camp and has to be rescued.
(b) She is punished for trying to get into the sweat-lodge.
(c) She gets very sick.
(d) She sneaks out of the camp.
4. Why does May believe the Indians have not easily convert to Christianity?
(a) They are sworn atheists.
(b) They don't speak English well enough to understand.
(c) They have their own religion which satisfies them.
(d) The don't like white people.
5. What does Reverend Hare do to incur the wrath of members of the tribe?
(a) He steals horses and sells them to other Indian tribes for his profit.
(b) He propositions one of the married women.
(c) He steals food when there is little.
(d) He tries to molest one of the young boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chief Little Wolf finally decide to do in response to the Army's demand that they go to the Agency?
2. Why does May feel the need to be close to Chief Little Wolf after the kidnapping ordeal?
3. How does Anthony react to the presentation of the Shoshone infant's hands?
4. What does the tribal seer see for the future of the tribe?
5. How does May describe the sanitation at the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a result of the Crow incident, how does Quiet One's attitude toward May change and why?
2. How does December 25th pass for the women?
3. During the cold weather, the men spend time in their sweat lodge which is off limits to women. What do the women decide to do for themselves?
4. What does Anthony decide to do as the tribe prepares to move to the Agency?
5. What happens to Chief Little Wolf and some members of the tribe that makes him reconsider who their enemy really is?
6. How does Chief Little Wolf respond to the Sioux request that the Cheyenne join them as they go to war against the white man?
7. What items are denied the Cheyenne during the attempts to trade at the fort?
8. What unusual reaction does Daisy have while living with the Cheyenne?
9. What does Woman Who Moves Against the Wind, the tribal holy woman, see for the Cheyenne future?
10. How does the nomadic life of the Cheyenne tribe end?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)