|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chief Little Wolf feel about the Red Cloud Agency?
(a) It is a place filled with disease and death.
(b) That supplies are scarce and that the Indians suffer.
(c) It is a farming community, and his people are hunters.
(d) His people will be forced to adopt white men's ways.
2. What is May's response to the Kit Foxes attack on the Shoshone?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She sees the Cheyenne as savages.
(c) She sees the Cheyenne as weak.
(d) Her feelings are deeply hurt.
3. After the kidnapping ordeal, how are the women treated by the tribe?
(a) As if nothing happened.
(b) Cruelly and coldly because they have been humiliated.
(c) Generously and lovingly and welcomed back to their homes.
(d) As if they now have strong medicine because of their ordeal.
4. How does May feel about moving to the Agency?
(a) It will destroy the tribe.
(b) It will be a good move.
(c) The tribe will become wealthy traders.
(d) It is inevitable.
5. Who is Woman Who Moves Against the Wind?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A tribal holy person.
(d) A guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Cheyenne enter the fort, how are the women greeted by the inhabitants of the fort?
2. How do the Cheyenne women explain the act of capturing the Shoshone infant's hands to May?
3. How are the women seen by the people of the fort?
4. Who replaces the Reverend Hare?
5. Where does May have her baby?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)