|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that causes some distress among the women, especially Martha?
(a) The women must leave to have their babies.
(b) Because game is scarce, the tribe is forced to separate.
(c) The women are forced to leave their families.
(d) The women are asked to travel alone.
2. How does Chief Little Wolf feel about the Red Cloud Agency?
(a) That supplies are scarce and that the Indians suffer.
(b) His people will be forced to adopt white men's ways.
(c) It is a place filled with disease and death.
(d) It is a farming community, and his people are hunters.
3. How has the relationship of the white women who joined the Brides for Indians program evolved during the time they have spent with the Cheyenne?
(a) They have drifted apart.
(b) They have become closer.
(c) They pay little attention to each other.
(d) They have become enemies.
4. What is May's response to the Kit Foxes attack on the Shoshone?
(a) She sees the Cheyenne as weak.
(b) She sees the Cheyenne as savages.
(c) She gets angry.
(d) Her feelings are deeply hurt.
5. What happens when Bourke does not shock Chief Little Wolf in the "game?"
(a) He becomes the commander of the fort.
(b) He goes to live with the Indians.
(c) He loses face with his men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does May feel the need to be close to Chief Little Wolf after the kidnapping ordeal?
2. Why does May believe the Indians have not easily convert to Christianity?
3. What is one of the results of the Kit Foxes attack on the Shoshone?
4. What does May learn from Gertie about the Captain?
5. How do the twins, whose husbands participated in the raid on the Shoshone, react to the bag of Shoshone infant's hands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to May's journals?
2. What happens to Chief Little Wolf and some members of the tribe that makes him reconsider who their enemy really is?
3. What items are denied the Cheyenne during the attempts to trade at the fort?
4. What happens to Reverend Hare that changes his standing in the tribe?
5. What terrible thing happens that make the women believe the Cheyenne are truly savages?
6. What does Anthony decide to do as the tribe prepares to move to the Agency?
7. How does Chief Little Wolf respond to the Sioux request that the Cheyenne join them as they go to war against the white man?
8. How does December 25th pass for the women?
9. How does the ordeal with the Crow Indians end for the women?
10. What does May try to do each morning, and who often joins her?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)