|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Captain Bourke's first reaction to May the first time he recognizes her?
(a) He shows horror and revulsion.
(b) He displays joy and delight.
(c) He is threatening and cruel.
(d) He shows curiosity and interest.
2. Who is Pretty Walker?
(a) A young woman who takes care of the horses.
(b) A young woman who takes care of the children.
(c) Chief Little Wolf's daughter.
(d) A girl who leads the children.
3. Where does May have her baby?
(a) At the agency.
(b) In her tent.
(c) In the birthing lodge.
(d) At the fort.
4. What does Reverend Hare do to incur the wrath of members of the tribe?
(a) He tries to molest one of the young boys.
(b) He propositions one of the married women.
(c) He steals horses and sells them to other Indian tribes for his profit.
(d) He steals food when there is little.
5. One of May's arguments in support of moving to the Agency includes the belief that the mixed race children will help the Indians assimilate. What is Phemie's response?
(a) They will abuse their power.
(b) The white people will bribe them.
(c) People often suffer more for being of mixed race.
(d) It is a possibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does May describe the sanitation at the camp?
2. What does Helen do that the Indian women consider scandalous?
3. Whose child does May have?
4. How does Chief Little Wolf feel about May's child?
5. Why is Quiet One kind to May after the kidnapping ordeal?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)