|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does May feel the need to be close to Chief Little Wolf after the kidnapping ordeal?
(a) She is afraid to be in the tent with other members of her family.
(b) She is afraid and needs the comfort of his being close.
(c) She is afraid he will now divorce her because she was raped.
(d) She is sure she is now his favorite wife.
2. Which other woman frequently joins May at the beginning of her favorite time of day?
3. What does General Crook want the Cheyenne to do?
(a) Leave the area and move West.
(b) Travel south and leave the area.
(c) Go to the Red Cloud Agency.
(d) Disband and move to different areas of the country.
4. What happens to May during a bad storm?
(a) She gets lost in the camp and has to be rescued.
(b) She sneaks out of the camp.
(c) She gets very sick.
(d) She is punished for trying to get into the sweat-lodge.
5. What does the agent of the Red Cloud agency think May is?
(a) A nurse.
(b) An angel of mercy.
(c) A good, Christian woman.
(d) A prostitute serving the Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that causes some distress among the women, especially Martha?
2. Why does May believe the Indians have not easily convert to Christianity?
3. What do the Sioux Indians come to ask of the Cheyenne tribe?
4. What does Chief Little Wolf finally decide to do in response to the Army's demand that they go to the Agency?
5. What does May observe about Anthony's sharing of his Christian faith?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)