|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to May?
(a) She gets shot.
(b) She is beaten
(c) She is rescued.
(d) She escapes the camp and runs away.
2. How does Martha feel about Christmas?
(a) It makes her homesick.
(b) She isn't interested in that anymore.
(c) She puts up a tree and gives everyone presents.
(d) She spends time with Anthony.
3. What do some of the Cheyenne families decide to do after considering the white man's orders to go to the Agency?
(a) Return to the fort.
(b) Leave the tribe for the West.
(c) Hide out in the Black Hills.
(d) Go to the Agency.
4. How has the relationship of the white women who joined the Brides for Indians program evolved during the time they have spent with the Cheyenne?
(a) They pay little attention to each other.
(b) They have become closer.
(c) They have become enemies.
(d) They have drifted apart.
5. What items are no longer available for trade to the Indians?
(b) Farm implements.
(d) Gunpowder and ammunition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May observe about Anthony's sharing of his Christian faith?
2. Who does May reunite with at the winter camp?
3. What does Anthony decide to do when the Cheyenne go to the Agency?
4. How does Anthony react to the presentation of the Shoshone infant's hands?
5. How do all of the women feel about the new babies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does May try to do each morning, and who often joins her?
2. How does December 25th pass for the women?
3. As a result of the Crow incident, how does Quiet One's attitude toward May change and why?
4. What happens to the women on one of these morning outings?
5. How does Phemie handle her life in the tribe?
6. How does the ordeal with the Crow Indians end for the women?
7. During the cold weather, the men spend time in their sweat lodge which is off limits to women. What do the women decide to do for themselves?
8. What do the Indians do on the return trip from the fort that May believes will cause trouble?
9. What happens to May's journals?
10. What happens to Reverend Hare that changes his standing in the tribe?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)