|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Narcissis do at the fort?
(a) Reveals she is a spy.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Aborts her baby.
(d) Gives her baby up for adoption.
2. What does Chief Little Wolf do that May warns will cause trouble?
(a) Kills some of the settler's cattle.
(b) Steals some of the settler's food.
(c) Damages the settler's fields.
(d) Threatens the settlers.
3. What does May try to convince Chief Little Wolf to do because she believes it is in the best interests of the Cheyenne?
(a) Stay near the fort for the winter.
(b) Let his other wives go.
(c) Go to the Agency.
(d) Convert to Christianity.
4. Whose child does May have?
(a) Reverend Hare.
(b) Chief Little Wolf.
(c) Harry Ames.
(d) John Bourke.
5. What is one thing that upsets Little Wolf about moving to the Agency?
(a) The tribe will have to serve the white people.
(b) He has to step down as Chief.
(c) The white women will rule the tribe.
(d) He has to give up two of his wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather as the Indians leave the fort?
2. How does Anthony react to the presentation of the Shoshone infant's hands?
3. Which of the women is the first to learn the Cheyenne language, and why is it so unusual?
4. Why does Phemie refuse to go the the Agency?
5. What do the Sioux Indians come to ask of the Cheyenne tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unusual reaction does Daisy have while living with the Cheyenne?
2. How does Phemie feel about the Cheyenne moving to the Agency?
3. What does May tell Chief Little Wolf he will have to do in order to comply with the law of the white man?
4. How does Chief Little Wolf feel about taking the tribe to the Agency?
5. What does Woman Who Moves Against the Wind, the tribal holy woman, see for the Cheyenne future?
6. What is unusual about Wren?
7. What items are denied the Cheyenne during the attempts to trade at the fort?
8. How does the ordeal with the Crow Indians end for the women?
9. How are the women seen when they enter the fort with the Cheyenne after living almost six months with the Cheyenne?
10. How does December 25th pass for the women?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)