|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Reverend Hare's indiscretion?
(a) He is taken back to the fort and left there.
(b) He is abandoned in the wilderness.
(c) He is banished from the tribe.
(d) He loses all credibility with the tribe.
2. How do the Cheyenne feel about May's child?
(a) She and May should be sent to the fort.
(b) She is evil.
(c) They condemn May and the child.
(d) She is sacred.
3. What happens to the band of Crow Indians that kidnapped the women?
(a) They are killed in retaliation for the harm they caused.
(b) The are taken back to their tribe with marks of humiliation.
(c) They are abandoned in the middle of nowhere.
(d) They are beaten and forced to leave the area.
4. One day, some of the white women who were gathered together away from the tribe were kidnapped and raped. Which of the women died?
5. Whose child does May have?
(a) Reverend Hare.
(b) Chief Little Wolf.
(c) Harry Ames.
(d) John Bourke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when May and Captain Bourke meet again alone?
2. Which other woman frequently joins May at the beginning of her favorite time of day?
3. What does Anthony's plans include for the spring?
4. Who replaces the Reverend Hare?
5. What does Helen do that the Indian women consider scandalous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who accompanies the women back from the fort to the Cheyenne camp?
2. During the cold weather, the men spend time in their sweat lodge which is off limits to women. What do the women decide to do for themselves?
3. What happens to May's journals?
4. What does May try to do each morning, and who often joins her?
5. What does Chief Little Wolf do to let the white man know he intends to comply with their demands that the tribe move to the Agency?
6. What terrible thing happens that make the women believe the Cheyenne are truly savages?
7. How does Phemie handle her life in the tribe?
8. How are the women seen when they enter the fort with the Cheyenne after living almost six months with the Cheyenne?
9. How does the ordeal with the Crow Indians end for the women?
10. How does December 25th pass for the women?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)