|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does May describe the military guard accompanying them on their journey?
(a) Helpful and considerate.
(b) Supportive and interested in being helpful.
(c) Aloof and disinterested.
(d) Snide and contemptuous.
2. What does May believe after her honeymoon with Chief Little Wolf?
(a) That the women need to get together to compare notes.
(b) She has found the one, true love of her life.
(c) That the whole mission is doomed to failure.
(d) That the Chief will be her window to the tribe.
3. What does May say about her children in her letter to Harry?
(a) She is glad that she is no longer responsible for the children.
(b) She realizes it was for the best.
(c) She misses her children.
(d) She no longer misses her children.
4. According to tribal custom, because Marie Blanche's husband is dead and she is pregnant, what happens to her?
(a) She is sent back to the fort.
(b) She is married to the Chief.
(c) One Bear, Runs From Crow's younger brother, offers to marry her.
(d) She is banished from the tribe.
5. How does May describe the train they use to get to Fort Laramie in comparison to their transportation from Chicago?
(a) Even more spartan and uncomfortable.
(c) Somewhat more comfortable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May teach Chief Little Wolf how to do on their "honeymoon"?
2. What does May see is so damaging to the Indians?
3. What amusing incident occurs while the women are being chosen by their Indian husbands-to-be?
4. During her "honeymoon," what does May learn to do?
5. During the dinner conversation, Lydia Bradley tries to turn the conversation to what subject?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does May feel about Harry?
2. How do May and Captain Bourke feel about each other the first time they meet?
3. How does May feel about Chief Little Wolf after he speaks out against Jules in the tribal council?
4. Who are some of the people that May meets in those first few days of travel after leaving the asylum?
5. What happens on May's "honeymoon" with the Chief?
6. What is the proposal that Chief Little Wolf presents to President Grant and why?
7. After encountering Jules Seminole, how does May feel about Chief Little Wolf?
8. What is one of the things that May and Captain Bourke share?
9. What happens at the shooting tournament?
10. What does Captain Bourke feel is the only way to civilize the Indians?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)