|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gretchen tell her husband after he wagers her for whiskey with Jules Seminole?
(a) To not come back to her tent.
(b) That she wants the whiskey to sell.
(c) She can make him rich if he will be good to her.
(d) She is going to kill him.
2. What amusing incident occurs while the women are being chosen by their Indian husbands-to-be?
(a) Daisy's dog bites the Indian who treated him roughly.
(b) Helen runs after a new bird and trips into a pool of water.
(c) Some of the women run away.
(d) The horses being traded for the women escape.
3. Why is Helen Flight interested in birds?
(a) She is a naturalist.
(b) She collects recipes for cooking birds.
(c) She designs hats and uses their feathers.
(d) She studies bird anatomy and physiology.
4. According to tribal custom, because Marie Blanche's husband is dead and she is pregnant, what happens to her?
(a) One Bear, Runs From Crow's younger brother, offers to marry her.
(b) She is sent back to the fort.
(c) She is married to the Chief.
(d) She is banished from the tribe.
5. How does May describe the Indian's hunting?
(a) Necessary but not particularly challenging.
(b) Haphazard and avoided by most.
(c) Dangerous and necessary to the survival of the tribe.
(d) Frivolous and done for sport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jules Seminole tell May is the reason Chief Little Wolf will never kill him?
2. What are some of the smells involved with living with the Indians that make an impression on May?
3. What two things does May stop doing because of the cruel way she is treated while staying with the family of Lieutenant James?
4. What does Helen Flight tell Lydia Bradley about the feathers in her new hat?
5. Who is Jimmy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Helen and May have in common?
2. Who is Lydia Bradley?
3. How does May feel about her attraction to Captain Bourke?
4. Who is Jimmy?
5. How do May and Captain Bourke feel about each other the first time they meet?
6. What does May try to do each morning, and who often joins her?
7. How does May feel about the beginning of her trip?
8. What does May tell Chief Little Wolf he will have to do in order to comply with the law of the white man?
9. Who will May be living with in her new life with the tribe?
10. Who accompanies the women back from the fort to the Cheyenne camp?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)