|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the wild events at the council meeting, how does May feel about the position of the women in the tribe?
(a) That they are strangers.
(b) That they are guests.
(c) That they are captives.
(d) That they are family.
2. What does May believe after her honeymoon with Chief Little Wolf?
(a) That the whole mission is doomed to failure.
(b) That the women need to get together to compare notes.
(c) She has found the one, true love of her life.
(d) That the Chief will be her window to the tribe.
3. During the dinner conversation, Lydia Bradley tries to turn the conversation to what subject?
(a) The ladies' sewing circle.
(b) Her new dress and the latest New York fashion.
(c) The need for more gardens at the fort.
(d) Her new hat and the latest New York fashion.
4. What information does the blacksmith's family that houses Phemie tell about the Cheyenne?
(a) They are very rigid and that women are not treated well.
(b) They are known for being excellent thieves when they visit the forts.
(c) They are considered the most handsome and cleanest of the Indian tribes, and their women most virtuous.
(d) They are well organized, but not particularly clean.
5. What do May and Captain Bourke do in his tent, according to the entry of April 22nd?
(a) They talk about the rest of the travel plans.
(b) They read Shakespeare. Nothing more. Nothing less.
(c) The talk about the Brides for Indians program.
(d) They confess their strong feelings for each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the women treated when they first entered the Indian camp?
2. What happens to Whistling Elk, Ada Ware's husband, who shoots and kills Runs From Crow, Marie Blanche's husband?
3. During her "honeymoon," what does May learn to do?
4. What happens when Jules Seminole calls Gretchen German?
5. How does Reverend Hare's performance on the night of the wild party affect the way the Indians feel about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about Phemie?
2. What happens on May's "honeymoon" with the Chief?
3. Who will May be living with in her new life with the tribe?
4. How does May describe the Cheyenne children?
5. How does May feel about Chief Little Wolf after he speaks out against Jules in the tribal council?
6. Who are some of the people that May meets in those first few days of travel after leaving the asylum?
7. What is the proposal that Chief Little Wolf presents to President Grant and why?
8. What happens at the shooting tournament?
9. What does the reader learn about the Cheyenne belief about a Cheyenne killing a Cheyenne? How does this affect May's distress about Jules Seminole?
10. How does May describe the wedding ceremony?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)