|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gretchen tell her husband after he wagers her for whiskey with Jules Seminole?
(a) She can make him rich if he will be good to her.
(b) She is going to kill him.
(c) That she wants the whiskey to sell.
(d) To not come back to her tent.
2. Two days after May meets Captain Bourke, where does he invite her to do?
(a) Look around the fort.
(b) Take a look at the horses.
(c) Take a stroll.
(d) Have an after dinner drink.
3. Who is Sara Johnstone?
(a) A young woman who also lived at the asylum, but who never speaks.
(b) A cleaning woman at the asylum.
(c) A cheerful, verbose young women.
(d) A woman who wants to learn about Indians firsthand.
4. What does Jules Seminole tell May is the reason Chief Little Wolf will never kill him?
(a) He will be leaving soon.
(b) It is forbidden to kill a member of the tribe.
(c) Chief Little Wolf is afraid of him and can not kill him.
(d) As a member of the tribe, he is able to do anything he wants.
5. Why is Helen Flight interested in birds?
(a) She designs hats and uses their feathers.
(b) She studies bird anatomy and physiology.
(c) She is a naturalist.
(d) She collects recipes for cooking birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Kelly twins' ace-in-the-hole in their gambling enterprise?
2. Why does Martha decide to join the Brides for Indians program?
3. How does May describe her first few days with the tribe?
4. What does May do in the first morning with the Indian tribe that amuses the Indians?
5. How does Captain Bourke behave during the trip to the Indians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Indians drink whiskey?
2. Who is Jimmy?
3. What is the proposal that Chief Little Wolf presents to President Grant and why?
4. After encountering Jules Seminole, how does May feel about Chief Little Wolf?
5. Where is May at the beginning of the story, and why is she there?
6. Who are some of the people that May meets in those first few days of travel after leaving the asylum?
7. What happens on May's "honeymoon" with the Chief?
8. How does May feel about her attraction to Captain Bourke?
9. Who will May be living with in her new life with the tribe?
10. How does May feel about Harry?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)