|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jules Seminole calls Gretchen German?
(a) She tells him she is Swiss and beats him.
(b) She loses the match.
(c) She tells him she hates half-breeds.
(d) She tells him she is Polish and beats him.
2. How does May feel about the countryside they are traveling through to meet the Indians?
(a) She likes the beautiful flowers of the spring.
(b) She likes the beautiful colored leaves of the fall.
(c) She enjoys the new growth and beauty of the land near the river bottom.
(d) She hates the desert and living so close to nature.
3. Who is Sara Johnstone?
(a) A cleaning woman at the asylum.
(b) A young woman who also lived at the asylum, but who never speaks.
(c) A woman who wants to learn about Indians firsthand.
(d) A cheerful, verbose young women.
4. How does May describe the Indian's hunting?
(a) Haphazard and avoided by most.
(b) Necessary but not particularly challenging.
(c) Frivolous and done for sport.
(d) Dangerous and necessary to the survival of the tribe.
5. What does May believe after her honeymoon with Chief Little Wolf?
(a) She has found the one, true love of her life.
(b) That the whole mission is doomed to failure.
(c) That the Chief will be her window to the tribe.
(d) That the women need to get together to compare notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Narcissa fails at converting the tribe, what does she try to do?
2. What does May do in the first morning with the Indian tribe that amuses the Indians?
3. How does May describe the military guard accompanying them on their journey?
4. After the wild events at the council meeting, how does May feel about the position of the women in the tribe?
5. What event captures the attention of Helen Flight on the train trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the shooting tournament?
2. How does May feel about Chief Little Wolf after he speaks out against Jules in the tribal council?
3. Who will May be living with in her new life with the tribe?
4. How do the people the women encounter on their journey feel about their mission?
5. What happens on May's "honeymoon" with the Chief?
6. How does May feel about the beginning of her trip?
7. What is unique about Phemie?
8. How does May feel about her attraction to Captain Bourke?
9. Where does Chief Little Wolf go after the night of whiskey, and how does he return?
10. What is one of the things that May and Captain Bourke share?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)