Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does May describe the sanitation at the camp?
(a) There is a central area, downwind of the camp, that all the people use.
(b) They use buckets which they later empty.
(c) They are directed to find a distant place in the bush.
(d) They ride a horse a short way from the camp.
2. What does Helen do that the Indian women consider scandalous?
(c) Makes money.
(d) Eats only her food.
3. What does May believe Narcissa is planning as they near the fort?
(a) To demand that the soldiers punish the Cheyenne.
(b) To take the best horses to help her escape.
(c) To refuse to continue living with the Cheyenne.
(d) To demand the Cheyenne be forced to convert to Christianity.
4. Who is Pretty Walker?
(a) Chief Little Wolf's daughter.
(b) A girl who leads the children.
(c) A young woman who takes care of the children.
(d) A young woman who takes care of the horses.
5. How do the twins, whose husbands participated in the raid on the Shoshone, react to the bag of Shoshone infant's hands?
(a) They were glad their babies had been protected.
(b) They did not care.
(c) They are most inconsolable of all.
(d) They were proud.
6. How do all of the women feel about the new babies?
(a) They have no particular feelings.
(b) They see them as half-breeds.
(c) They are thrilled with them.
(d) They see them as intruders.
7. What happens to May?
(a) She gets shot.
(b) She escapes the camp and runs away.
(c) She is beaten
(d) She is rescued.
8. Why does the Army attack the Cheyenne camp?
(a) Because they want to steal all the horses.
(b) Because they could do anything they wanted to do.
(c) Because they did not care if the Cheyenne were ready to cooperate.
(d) Because Jules Seminole told the Army it was a Sioux camp.
9. How is the weather as the Indians leave the fort?
(a) Raining and gloomy.
(c) Cool and pleasant.
(d) Snowing and cold.
10. What is May's favorite time of day?
(a) At the end of the day, when the others have gone to sleep.
(b) In the morning, before the camp is fully awake.
(c) In the afternoon, while most of the others take an afternoon nap.
(d) After dinner, while the others relax at the end of the day.
11. What happens to the band of Crow Indians that kidnapped the women?
(a) They are abandoned in the middle of nowhere.
(b) The are taken back to their tribe with marks of humiliation.
(c) They are beaten and forced to leave the area.
(d) They are killed in retaliation for the harm they caused.
12. How are the women seen by the people of the fort?
(a) As similar to the prostitutes who hang around the fort Indians.
(b) As unusual women and not well understood.
(c) As brave women on a special mission.
(d) As loathsome creatures to be avoided.
13. Why does May feel the need to be close to Chief Little Wolf after the kidnapping ordeal?
(a) She is sure she is now his favorite wife.
(b) She is afraid he will now divorce her because she was raped.
(c) She is afraid to be in the tent with other members of her family.
(d) She is afraid and needs the comfort of his being close.
14. What are some of the Cheyenne joining the Sioux to do?
(a) Prepare to fight for the Black Hills.
(b) Attack the Red Cloud Agency.
(c) Raid the settlers in the Black Hills.
(d) Attack the fort.
15. What items are no longer available for trade to the Indians?
(a) Gunpowder and ammunition.
(b) Farm implements.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the kidnapping ordeal, how are the women treated by the tribe?
2. Which of the women is the first to learn the Cheyenne language, and why is it so unusual?
3. What does the tribal seer see for the future of the tribe?
4. What does Anthony's plans include for the spring?
5. What does General Crook want the Cheyenne to do?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)