|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does May reunite with at the winter camp?
2. What does Narcissis do at the fort?
(a) Gives her baby up for adoption.
(b) Reveals she is a spy.
(c) Aborts her baby.
(d) Runs away.
3. What does the visitor bring to Anthony?
(a) Pictures of the Cheyenne.
(b) Documentation of the injustice.
(c) May's journals.
(d) The oral history of the Cheyenne.
4. How does May react to the seer's predictions about the tribes future?
(a) She, too, sees a future of plenty.
(b) She pays no attention.
(c) She refuses to accept the prediction of a bad future.
(d) She, too, looks forward to a peaceful future.
5. What does General Crook want the Cheyenne to do?
(a) Go to the Red Cloud Agency.
(b) Travel south and leave the area.
(c) Leave the area and move West.
(d) Disband and move to different areas of the country.
6. What is May's response to the Kit Foxes attack on the Shoshone?
(a) She gets angry.
(b) She sees the Cheyenne as savages.
(c) She sees the Cheyenne as weak.
(d) Her feelings are deeply hurt.
7. Who comes to see Anthony 50 years after the Army attacked the Cheyenne?
(a) Harold Wild Plums, son of Wren, grandson of May.
(b) Reverend Hare.
(c) Captain Bourke.
(d) Jasmine Wild Flower, Martha's granddaughter.
8. What is the result of Reverend Hare's indiscretion?
(a) He loses all credibility with the tribe.
(b) He is taken back to the fort and left there.
(c) He is abandoned in the wilderness.
(d) He is banished from the tribe.
9. What does Chief Little Wolf do that May warns will cause trouble?
(a) Damages the settler's fields.
(b) Steals some of the settler's food.
(c) Threatens the settlers.
(d) Kills some of the settler's cattle.
10. What items are no longer available for trade to the Indians?
(b) Gunpowder and ammunition.
(c) Farm implements.
11. What does May believe Narcissa is planning as they near the fort?
(a) To demand that the soldiers punish the Cheyenne.
(b) To demand the Cheyenne be forced to convert to Christianity.
(c) To refuse to continue living with the Cheyenne.
(d) To take the best horses to help her escape.
12. What is May's favorite time of day?
(a) In the morning, before the camp is fully awake.
(b) At the end of the day, when the others have gone to sleep.
(c) After dinner, while the others relax at the end of the day.
(d) In the afternoon, while most of the others take an afternoon nap.
13. What does May learn from Gertie about the Captain?
(a) He had Gertie follow the tribe during the summer.
(b) He intended to ask May to marry him.
(c) He wants all of the women to abandon the mission.
(d) He is preparing to wage war against the Cheyenne.
14. What does May ask Little Wolf to do in order to let the Army personnel know they intend to comply?
(a) Host a feast and invite people from the fort.
(b) Pretend to agree to go to the Agency.
(c) Fly a white flag in the camp.
(d) Go immediately to the Agency.
15. How do the Cheyenne women explain the act of capturing the Shoshone infant's hands to May?
(a) A childish act that must be ignored.
(b) The act of a demented few.
(c) An act that protects the Cheyenne babies.
(d) An act of no importance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that causes some distress among the women, especially Martha?
2. What happens to May during a bad storm?
3. What do the soldiers put in the fire?
4. Who replaces the Reverend Hare?
5. What is "Seano?"
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)