|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 24 February, 28 February.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the band of Crow Indians that kidnapped the women?
(a) The are taken back to their tribe with marks of humiliation.
(b) They are killed in retaliation for the harm they caused.
(c) They are beaten and forced to leave the area.
(d) They are abandoned in the middle of nowhere.
2. How does May describe Reverend Hare?
(a) A kindly man respected by all.
(b) A lazy man who takes advantage of his position.
(c) A scholarly man studying the Indian culture.
(d) A doddering old fool whom no one pays any attention to.
3. What is May's primary concern about the demand that they move to the Agency?
(a) They Cheyenne lost most of their horses and would have to walk.
(b) The Cheyenne will fight to the death.
(c) The women refuse to go to the Agency.
(d) The women's pregnancies and new babies can't travel.
4. Why does Martha decide to join the Brides for Indians program?
(a) To marry an Indian.
(b) To go to the West.
(c) To make money.
(d) She is afraid to be punished for helping May.
5. How does May describe the military guard accompanying them on their journey?
(a) Snide and contemptuous.
(b) Supportive and interested in being helpful.
(c) Aloof and disinterested.
(d) Helpful and considerate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Helen become during her time with the tribe?
2. One day, some of the white women who were gathered together away from the tribe were kidnapped and raped. Which of the women died?
3. What kind of person is Narcissa White?
4. What happens to May during a bad storm?
5. How does Martha feel about Christmas?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)