|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 24 February, 28 February.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does May describe some farmers in the field?
(a) Gaunt and hopeless as they try to plow the fields.
(b) Healthy and successful, plowing beautiful fields.
(c) Very interested in the women.
(d) Lazy and shiftless with fields that suffer from neglect.
2. What happens to the women who try to escape from the camp?
(a) They are found dead due to exposure and starvation.
(b) They are able to meet up with a passing wagon train.
(c) They are able to make their way back to the fort.
(d) They are caught by members of the Cheyenne.
3. What is unusual about Stares at Sun, the old Indian who wins the target contest?
(a) He is crippled.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is female.
(d) He is elderly.
4. What tribal tradition do Gretchen and May challenge?
(a) Performing religious ceremonies.
(b) The use of the sweat-lodge.
(c) Marrying more than one man.
(d) Eating in the men's tent.
5. As the Cheyenne enter the fort, how are the women greeted by the inhabitants of the fort?
(a) With violence and threats.
(b) With respect and admiration.
(c) With disdain and contempt.
(d) With curiosity and questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reverend Hare's performance on the night of the wild party affect the way the Indians feel about him?
2. Who does May reunite with at the winter camp?
3. What do May and John Bourke do at the end of their conversation the day before the women are to be left with the Cheyenne?
4. How does May describe herself during a conversation at the dinner table about religion?
5. What is May's favorite time of day?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)