|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 24 February, 28 February.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Captain Bourke concerned about when he is alone with May in his tent?
(a) Any sense of impropriety that might concern May.
(b) Her being forbidden to become an Indian bride.
(c) Their future together.
(d) The possibility that he will be demoted.
2. What is Captain Bourke's first reaction to May the first time he recognizes her?
(a) He is threatening and cruel.
(b) He shows horror and revulsion.
(c) He displays joy and delight.
(d) He shows curiosity and interest.
3. What is Captain Bourke disturbed to learn about what the women don't know?
(a) That they could be abandoned if they were not selected.
(b) They were not given information about the life they would face.
(c) They had no way of ending their agreement.
(d) That they would not be able to return to the fort for their safety.
4. How does May describe some farmers in the field?
(a) Very interested in the women.
(b) Gaunt and hopeless as they try to plow the fields.
(c) Lazy and shiftless with fields that suffer from neglect.
(d) Healthy and successful, plowing beautiful fields.
5. How does May describe the Indian's hunting?
(a) Frivolous and done for sport.
(b) Necessary but not particularly challenging.
(c) Haphazard and avoided by most.
(d) Dangerous and necessary to the survival of the tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Bourke say to May the evening before leaving the women with the Cheyenne?
2. Who is Lydia Bradley?
3. How does Martha feel about Christmas?
4. How do the twins, whose husbands participated in the raid on the Shoshone, react to the bag of Shoshone infant's hands?
5. After the kidnapping ordeal, how are the women treated by the tribe?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)