|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 24 February, 28 February.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Bourke say to May the evening before leaving the women with the Cheyenne?
(a) He feels she should go to one of the other tribes.
(b) He insists that she return to the fort every month.
(c) He forbids her to go with the Indians.
(d) He insists that she return to her family immediately.
2. What do some of the Cheyenne families decide to do after considering the white man's orders to go to the Agency?
(a) Hide out in the Black Hills.
(b) Go to the Agency.
(c) Return to the fort.
(d) Leave the tribe for the West.
3. What was the major issue regarding Sara's burial?
(a) What items should be buried with her.
(b) The white women insisted on performing a ceremony.
(c) Reverend Hare wanted a Christian burial, and the Cheyenne wanted a traditional Cheyenne burial.
(d) An argument about what outfit she should be buried in.
4. How do the Cheyenne women explain the act of capturing the Shoshone infant's hands to May?
(a) An act that protects the Cheyenne babies.
(b) A childish act that must be ignored.
(c) An act of no importance.
(d) The act of a demented few.
5. During her "honeymoon," what does May learn to do?
(a) Shoot game.
(b) Build a stand to use to hunt.
(c) Identify safe things to eat.
(d) Butcher, skin, and dress an animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Woman Who Moves Against the Wind?
2. After May returns to her tent, what is Martha most concerned about?
3. How does Chief Little Wolf feel about May's child?
4. After the Indians inspect the woman, what is May certain of?
5. How does May describe Captain Bourke?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)