|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 October, NOTEBOOK VII - Winter 1 November and 5 November 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Bourke say to May the evening before leaving the women with the Cheyenne?
(a) He insists that she return to her family immediately.
(b) He feels she should go to one of the other tribes.
(c) He insists that she return to the fort every month.
(d) He forbids her to go with the Indians.
2. Whose tent do May, Martha, and the other women run to when the Indians run amok?
(a) Chief Little Wolf.
(b) Reverend Hare.
(c) Gretchen Fathauer.
(d) Jules Seminole.
3. How does May describe the military guard accompanying them on their journey?
(a) Snide and contemptuous.
(b) Aloof and disinterested.
(c) Supportive and interested in being helpful.
(d) Helpful and considerate.
4. What does Jimmy come to May's tent to ask?
(a) He fears for her safety.
(b) He wants her to ride with him for the rest of the trip.
(c) To go to Captain Bourke's tent.
(d) If she will help him with the horses.
5. Who are the Kelly sisters, Margaret and Susan?
(a) Twins serving ten years in the Illinois State Penitentiary.
(b) Two women looking for adventure in the West.
(c) Innocent women serving ten years in the Illinois State Penitentiary.
(d) Women sold into the program by their husbands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of the smells involved with living with the Indians that make an impression on May?
2. What is Captain Bourke's first reaction to May the first time he recognizes her?
3. What information does the blacksmith's family that houses Phemie tell about the Cheyenne?
4. As the Cheyenne enter the fort, how are the women greeted by the inhabitants of the fort?
5. What event captures the attention of Helen Flight on the train trip?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)