|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 October, NOTEBOOK VII - Winter 1 November and 5 November 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. May and Captain Bourke find they both share an interest in what subject?
(b) The Bible.
2. Who is Lydia Bradley?
(a) A charming, well-educated woman.
(b) A rather boring, uninteresting young woman.
(c) A foolish, silly woman.
(d) A cold and cruel woman.
3. What happens when everyone finds out Gertie is a woman?
(a) She still works as a muleskinner.
(b) She is exiled.
(c) She is forced to live with the Indians.
(d) She marries one of the other muleskinners.
4. When Narcissa fails at converting the tribe, what does she try to do?
(a) Teach some to knit and crochet so they can earn a living.
(b) Train some to become good servants for white people.
(c) Train some to be teachers so they can spread civilization.
(d) Teach some to learn to trade to bring wealth to the Indians.
5. What has Helen become during her time with the tribe?
(a) A successful artist and a woman of financial success.
(b) A successful but poor artist.
(c) A frightened woman hated because of her art.
(d) A frightening woman of power because of her art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May observe about Anthony's sharing of his Christian faith?
2. Who is the Kelly twins' ace-in-the-hole in their gambling enterprise?
3. What does Reverend Hare do to incur the wrath of members of the tribe?
4. Sitting in the tipi at the end of her arrival day in camp, what does May realize?
5. What does May do when she is told about the Black Hills gold?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)