|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 October, NOTEBOOK VII - Winter 1 November and 5 November 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May tell Harry in a letter?
(a) She will never know if he cooperated with her father or loves her.
(b) She knows he sold her out to her father for money and a job.
(c) She knows he is probably dead.
(d) She is glad to be rid of him because she knows he cheated on her.
2. What were May Dodd's feelings while she rode the train on her way to become one of the Brides for Indians?
(a) She reflects warmly about the feeling of safety she had at the asylum.
(b) She is happy to be free of the asylum and misses her own two children.
(c) She is excited about going to marry an Indian as part of the program Brides for Indians.
(d) She is considering how she can escape and find her way to the West to search for gold.
3. How does May describe Captain Bourke?
(a) Tied up by the running of the fort.
(b) Not at all interested in the group of women.
(c) Strictly a soldier with no interest in any other subject.
(d) A handsome man with the romantic look of a poet.
4. Which other woman frequently joins May at the beginning of her favorite time of day?
5. What happens when Bourke does not shock Chief Little Wolf in the "game?"
(a) He goes to live with the Indians.
(b) He loses face with his men.
(d) He becomes the commander of the fort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event captures the attention of Helen Flight on the train trip?
2. Sitting in the tipi at the end of her arrival day in camp, what does May realize?
3. What does Chief Little Wolf do that May warns will cause trouble?
4. As the Cheyenne enter the fort, how are the women greeted by the inhabitants of the fort?
5. Two days after May meets Captain Bourke, where does he invite her to do?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)