|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 October, NOTEBOOK VII - Winter 1 November and 5 November 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Captain Bourke's comment about May Dodd's suggestion that the woman might be able to bring an appreciation for white civilization to the savages?
(a) The mission of the women is doomed to failure.
(b) The women should go home.
(c) It is impossible for Indians to understand the white man's culture.
(d) The woman have a good chance of civilizing the Indians.
2. What happens to the band of Crow Indians that kidnapped the women?
(a) They are abandoned in the middle of nowhere.
(b) They are beaten and forced to leave the area.
(c) They are killed in retaliation for the harm they caused.
(d) The are taken back to their tribe with marks of humiliation.
3. Why was Mary initially willing to participate in the Brides for Indians program?
(a) To get away from her parents.
(b) To go to the West.
(c) To make money.
(d) To escape the asylum.
4. How are the women seen by the people of the fort?
(a) As loathsome creatures to be avoided.
(b) As brave women on a special mission.
(c) As unusual women and not well understood.
(d) As similar to the prostitutes who hang around the fort Indians.
5. What kind of person is Narcissa White?
(a) A selfish spinster.
(b) A shrew who hates everyone.
(c) A Christian missionary with a shrill voice.
(d) A quiet, little woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the women approach the Indian tribe, what do they learn about the Indians?
2. Who is Pretty Walker?
3. What was one of the things done to prepare the women for the wedding?
4. What do some of the Cheyenne families decide to do after considering the white man's orders to go to the Agency?
5. Sitting in the tipi at the end of her arrival day in camp, what does May realize?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)