|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 September, 19 September and 20 September 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May teach Chief Little Wolf how to do on their "honeymoon"?
(a) Laugh and dive.
(b) Swim and kiss.
(c) Swim and dive.
(d) Jog and swim.
2. What does May do in the first morning with the Indian tribe that amuses the Indians?
(a) She follows them to the place they bathe and bathes herself.
(b) She sings to herself while she works in the fields.
(c) She reads her book every night.
(d) She insists on preparing meals the way she used to.
3. Who is Lydia Bradley?
(a) A foolish, silly woman.
(b) A rather boring, uninteresting young woman.
(c) A cold and cruel woman.
(d) A charming, well-educated woman.
4. When Narcissa fails at converting the tribe, what does she try to do?
(a) Train some to be teachers so they can spread civilization.
(b) Teach some to learn to trade to bring wealth to the Indians.
(c) Train some to become good servants for white people.
(d) Teach some to knit and crochet so they can earn a living.
5. What does May observe about the tribe's children?
(a) They are rude and poorly behaved.
(b) They are quiet and shy and won't come anywhere near her.
(c) They are aloof and distant and have no interest in any of the women.
(d) They may help bridge the gap between the two cultures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May believe happened during the wedding ceremony?
2. What were May Dodd's feelings while she rode the train on her way to become one of the Brides for Indians?
3. One day, some of the white women who were gathered together away from the tribe were kidnapped and raped. Which of the women died?
4. What does May observe about Indian social structure?
5. What is Captain Bourke's first reaction to May the first time he recognizes her?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)