|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 September, 19 September and 20 September 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the women who try to escape from the camp?
(a) They are caught by members of the Cheyenne.
(b) They are found dead due to exposure and starvation.
(c) They are able to meet up with a passing wagon train.
(d) They are able to make their way back to the fort.
2. Who are the Kelly sisters, Margaret and Susan?
(a) Two women looking for adventure in the West.
(b) Innocent women serving ten years in the Illinois State Penitentiary.
(c) Women sold into the program by their husbands.
(d) Twins serving ten years in the Illinois State Penitentiary.
3. What does May do when she is told about the Black Hills gold?
(a) She tells the Cheyenne so they can start mining the gold.
(b) She keeps the information to herself for the time being.
(c) She tells the women so they can return to the fort.
(d) She tells the women so they can mine the gold for protection in the future.
4. What does Reverend Hare tell May she is when she returns to camp?
(a) A sinner who must repent.
(b) A lost woman who must seek spiritual guidance.
(c) A good Christian woman who has been misguided.
(d) A Godless woman.
5. What does May try to discourage the Indians from doing during a special council meeting?
(a) Arranging fights to the death to determine the superior warriors.
(b) Sending a raiding party off to capture more white women.
(c) Going to war on an enemy tribe.
(d) Raiding the nearest fort and surrounding farms for supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does May feel about the countryside they are traveling through to meet the Indians?
2. Which other woman frequently joins May at the beginning of her favorite time of day?
3. Two days after May meets Captain Bourke, where does he invite her to do?
4. What does May observe about the women who came to the tribe with her?
5. After the wild events at the council meeting, how does May feel about the position of the women in the tribe?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)