|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 September, 19 September and 20 September 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Captain Bourke's first reaction to May the first time he recognizes her?
(a) He displays joy and delight.
(b) He shows horror and revulsion.
(c) He is threatening and cruel.
(d) He shows curiosity and interest.
2. What effect does Phemie's victory in the races have on the women?
(a) They are frightened about how the men will react.
(b) They decide to demand qual treatment.
(c) It has no effect at all.
(d) They are united in their pleasure that a woman won.
3. What does May learn from Gertie about the Captain?
(a) He intended to ask May to marry him.
(b) He wants all of the women to abandon the mission.
(c) He had Gertie follow the tribe during the summer.
(d) He is preparing to wage war against the Cheyenne.
4. How does May describe Reverend Hare?
(a) A kindly man respected by all.
(b) A lazy man who takes advantage of his position.
(c) A scholarly man studying the Indian culture.
(d) A doddering old fool whom no one pays any attention to.
5. What does Jimmy come to May's tent to ask?
(a) He fears for her safety.
(b) If she will help him with the horses.
(c) To go to Captain Bourke's tent.
(d) He wants her to ride with him for the rest of the trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Bourke does not shock Chief Little Wolf in the "game?"
2. How does May describe the cowboys she sees?
3. Why is Helen Flight interested in birds?
4. After the wild events at the council meeting, how does May feel about the position of the women in the tribe?
5. What happens when Jules Seminole calls Gretchen German?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)