|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NOTEBOOK IV THE DEVIL WHISKEY 23 May, 26 May and 28 May 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May believe happened during the wedding ceremony?
(a) She was drugged as part of the ceremony.
(b) The men exchanged wives.
(c) Some of the women were forced to leave.
(d) The ceremony was a secret affair.
2. What do May and Captain Bourke do in his tent, according to the entry of April 22nd?
(a) They read Shakespeare. Nothing more. Nothing less.
(b) They talk about the rest of the travel plans.
(c) They confess their strong feelings for each other.
(d) The talk about the Brides for Indians program.
3. How does May describe Reverend Hare?
(a) A lazy man who takes advantage of his position.
(b) A scholarly man studying the Indian culture.
(c) A kindly man respected by all.
(d) A doddering old fool whom no one pays any attention to.
4. How does May describe her first few days with the tribe?
(a) Full of hard, physical labor and no privacy.
(b) Spent under guard in her tent.
(c) Spent learning sign language.
(d) Boring and tedious with nothing to do.
5. What do May and John Bourke do at the end of their conversation the day before the women are to be left with the Cheyenne?
(a) Vow to remain chaste and love from afar.
(b) They realize they do not really like each other.
(c) Make love.
(d) Decide to run away together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the things done to prepare the women for the wedding?
2. What information does the blacksmith's family that houses Phemie tell about the Cheyenne?
3. After May returns to her tent, what is Martha most concerned about?
4. What were May Dodd's feelings while she rode the train on her way to become one of the Brides for Indians?
5. The women are depressed, but Phemie brings some cheer by doing what?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)