|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 7 May and 8 May, 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were May Dodd's feelings while she rode the train on her way to become one of the Brides for Indians?
(a) She is excited about going to marry an Indian as part of the program Brides for Indians.
(b) She is happy to be free of the asylum and misses her own two children.
(c) She reflects warmly about the feeling of safety she had at the asylum.
(d) She is considering how she can escape and find her way to the West to search for gold.
2. For the last part of their journey to the Indians, what do the women ride in?
(a) In a train car.
(b) A somewhat uncomfortable covered wagon.
(c) On horseback.
(d) A very uncomfortable cart.
3. How does May describe the military guard accompanying them on their journey?
(a) Helpful and considerate.
(b) Snide and contemptuous.
(c) Aloof and disinterested.
(d) Supportive and interested in being helpful.
4. Who is Lydia Bradley?
(a) A cold and cruel woman.
(b) A charming, well-educated woman.
(c) A foolish, silly woman.
(d) A rather boring, uninteresting young woman.
5. What event captures the attention of Helen Flight on the train trip?
(a) The soldiers shoot some of the birds in the area to eat.
(b) A bird flies into the train, and she is able to capture it.
(c) She gets off the train and is able to get close to some birds.
(d) A very large group of cranes take off from the surface of the river, creating a massive wave of birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Kelly sisters, Margaret and Susan?
2. What does Helen Flight tell Lydia Bradley about the feathers in her new hat?
3. When the Cheyenne come to inspect the white women, what does May realize that Captain Bourke understands?
4. What is Captain Bourke disturbed to learn about what the women don't know?
5. What does May learn about Jimmy during the last days of the trip?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)