|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 7 May and 8 May, 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sitting in the tipi at the end of her arrival day in camp, what does May realize?
(a) This is a tremendous opportunity even though it is frightening.
(b) Perhaps the insane asylum was not as bad as she thought.
(c) She is looking forward to the adventure.
(d) She has always been foolish and impetuous.
2. What kind of person is Narcissa White?
(a) A Christian missionary with a shrill voice.
(b) A shrew who hates everyone.
(c) A quiet, little woman.
(d) A selfish spinster.
3. What do the women learn as they get near the Indians?
(a) Several people on previous trips have gotten lost in the wild, unexplored territory.
(b) Enemy Sioux Indians want to kidnap the woman.
(c) Enemy Sioux Indians want to kill the women.
(d) A month earlier, Lt. Levi Robinson was murdered by Sioux.
4. Who is Euphemia Washington?
(a) A colored woman whose husband beat her.
(b) A beautiful colored woman who was sold into the Brides for Indians.
(c) A "statuesque colored girl" with a beautiful voice.
(d) A colored woman who wanted to go West.
5. How does Lieutenant James' wife, Abigail, treat May when she stays with the family?
(a) She is aloof toward May.
(b) She is kind to May.
(c) She is cruel to May.
(d) She is solicitous to May.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Bourke say to May the evening before leaving the women with the Cheyenne?
2. What kind of Indians were the fort Indians, according to Abigail James?
3. How does May describe the military guard accompanying them on their journey?
4. Why is Helen Flight interested in birds?
5. As the women prepare to leave with the Indians, who joins them?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)