|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 20 April, 21 April 22 April and 23 April 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women feel about staying with Phemie?
(a) They like to room with Phemie because she gets the best treatment.
(b) They don't have any particular feeling about it.
(c) Many refuse to room with Phemie because the Negro families are cruel to the white women.
(d) Many refuse to room with Phemie because she is a Negro.
2. May and Captain Bourke find they both share an interest in what subject?
(d) The Bible.
3. Why was Mary initially willing to participate in the Brides for Indians program?
(a) To escape the asylum.
(b) To get away from her parents.
(c) To go to the West.
(d) To make money.
4. What is Captain Bourke disturbed to learn about what the women don't know?
(a) That they could be abandoned if they were not selected.
(b) They were not given information about the life they would face.
(c) That they would not be able to return to the fort for their safety.
(d) They had no way of ending their agreement.
5. How does May describe the cowboys she sees?
(a) Stupid, and obviously only capable of spending time with cows.
(b) As colorful and festive as the books she has seen.
(c) Vulgar and difficult to get along with.
(d) Dingy, dirty, and very smelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does May describe the train they use to get to Fort Laramie in comparison to their transportation from Chicago?
2. Two days after May meets Captain Bourke, where does he invite her to do?
3. What kind of Indians were the fort Indians, according to Abigail James?
4. What information does the blacksmith's family that houses Phemie tell about the Cheyenne?
5. On the night she was taken to the asylum, what happened to Mary's babies?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)