|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 20 April, 21 April 22 April and 23 April 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event captures the attention of Helen Flight on the train trip?
(a) A very large group of cranes take off from the surface of the river, creating a massive wave of birds.
(b) She gets off the train and is able to get close to some birds.
(c) A bird flies into the train, and she is able to capture it.
(d) The soldiers shoot some of the birds in the area to eat.
2. What does Jimmy come to May's tent to ask?
(a) To go to Captain Bourke's tent.
(b) If she will help him with the horses.
(c) He wants her to ride with him for the rest of the trip.
(d) He fears for her safety.
3. What is Captain Bourke concerned about when he is alone with May in his tent?
(a) The possibility that he will be demoted.
(b) Their future together.
(c) Any sense of impropriety that might concern May.
(d) Her being forbidden to become an Indian bride.
4. How does May describe the train they use to get to Fort Laramie in comparison to their transportation from Chicago?
(a) Even more spartan and uncomfortable.
(b) Somewhat more comfortable.
5. How does May describe some farmers in the field?
(a) Gaunt and hopeless as they try to plow the fields.
(b) Very interested in the women.
(c) Healthy and successful, plowing beautiful fields.
(d) Lazy and shiftless with fields that suffer from neglect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May tell Harry in a letter?
2. Who are the Kelly sisters, Margaret and Susan?
3. Who is Sara Johnstone?
4. How do the women feel about staying with Phemie?
5. After May returns to her tent, what is Martha most concerned about?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)