|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 10 November, 10 December and 18 December 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does May feel about visiting the fort after spending months with the Cheyenne?
(a) It is a wasted trip that should not be made.
(b) It is time to refuse to return to the Cheyenne.
(c) She should demand to stay there until her baby is born.
(d) A bit anxious about encountering white civilization again.
2. As the women approach the Indian tribe, what do they learn about the Indians?
(a) Their families have been told the truth about their mission.
(b) The Cheyenne Indian tribe will be coming to meet them.
(c) The Indians are having second thoughts about the program.
(d) There is unrest between the Indian tribes and between the Indians and white people.
3. What happens to Jules Seminole because he brought the whiskey to the tribe?
(a) He is sent to the fort for imprisonment.
(b) He is banished for one year.
(c) He is sent to live with another Indian tribe.
4. What does Helen do that the Indian women consider scandalous?
(a) Eats only her food.
(b) Makes money.
5. What two things does May stop doing because of the cruel way she is treated while staying with the family of Lieutenant James?
(a) She refuses to eat and stops writing in her journal.
(b) She refuses to eat and stops taking walks.
(c) She stops writing in her journal and stops paying any attention to the soldier's requests.
(d) She stops writing in her journal and stops taking walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does General Crook want the Cheyenne to do?
2. What is Narcissa White's reaction to the destructive events the night the Indians drink the whiskey?
3. What do some of the Cheyenne families decide to do after considering the white man's orders to go to the Agency?
4. What does May believe happened during the wedding ceremony?
5. How does May describe the train they use to get to Fort Laramie in comparison to their transportation from Chicago?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)