|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 10 November, 10 December and 18 December 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of Indians were the fort Indians, according to Abigail James?
(a) "They exploited their culture by selling trinkets to white people."
(b) "They are business owners who were successful at the forts."
(c) "Industrious and interested in learning white man's ways."
(d) "Drunken, degenerate savages."
2. What does Helen Flight tell Lydia Bradley about the feathers in her new hat?
(a) The feathers are from a bird that is almost extinct.
(b) Those particular feathers are cheap and easy to come by.
(c) The Seminole Indians kill the birds in order to get the feathers.
(d) It is silly to put feathers on hats.
3. What does May teach Chief Little Wolf how to do on their "honeymoon"?
(a) Jog and swim.
(b) Swim and kiss.
(c) Laugh and dive.
(d) Swim and dive.
4. What does May believe happened during the wedding ceremony?
(a) She was drugged as part of the ceremony.
(b) Some of the women were forced to leave.
(c) The ceremony was a secret affair.
(d) The men exchanged wives.
5. What do May and John Bourke do at the end of their conversation the day before the women are to be left with the Cheyenne?
(a) They realize they do not really like each other.
(b) Make love.
(c) Vow to remain chaste and love from afar.
(d) Decide to run away together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does May believe the Indians have not easily convert to Christianity?
2. What is Captain Bourke's comment about May Dodd's suggestion that the woman might be able to bring an appreciation for white civilization to the savages?
3. What does May observe about Indian social structure?
4. When Narcissa fails at converting the tribe, what does she try to do?
5. What does the agent of the Red Cloud agency think May is?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)