|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 10 November, 10 December and 18 December 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lydia Bradley?
(a) A cold and cruel woman.
(b) A charming, well-educated woman.
(c) A foolish, silly woman.
(d) A rather boring, uninteresting young woman.
2. After the wild events at the council meeting, how does May feel about the position of the women in the tribe?
(a) That they are strangers.
(b) That they are guests.
(c) That they are captives.
(d) That they are family.
3. What was one of the things done to prepare the women for the wedding?
(a) They applied makeup so they were all beautiful.
(b) Their faces were painted so they were unrecognizable.
(c) They were dressed in outfits which represented their tipis.
(d) They were dressed in traditional, white, wedding dresses.
4. What event captures the attention of Helen Flight on the train trip?
(a) The soldiers shoot some of the birds in the area to eat.
(b) A bird flies into the train, and she is able to capture it.
(c) A very large group of cranes take off from the surface of the river, creating a massive wave of birds.
(d) She gets off the train and is able to get close to some birds.
5. What does May believe after her honeymoon with Chief Little Wolf?
(a) That the Chief will be her window to the tribe.
(b) That the whole mission is doomed to failure.
(c) She has found the one, true love of her life.
(d) That the women need to get together to compare notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reverend Hare's performance on the night of the wild party affect the way the Indians feel about him?
2. Who replaces the Reverend Hare?
3. What does Reverend Hare do to incur the wrath of members of the tribe?
4. What does May do when she is told about the Black Hills gold?
5. Why is Quiet One kind to May after the kidnapping ordeal?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)