|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 10 November, 10 December and 18 December 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lydia Bradley?
(a) A foolish, silly woman.
(b) A rather boring, uninteresting young woman.
(c) A cold and cruel woman.
(d) A charming, well-educated woman.
2. What does May observe about Indian social structure?
(a) They are constantly adjustng the rules.
(b) They have no real social rules.
(c) They maintain a written record of the rules.
(d) They are sticklers for protocol with strict rules of acceptable behavior.
3. What is Narcissa White's reaction to the destructive events the night the Indians drink the whiskey?
(a) She condemns the women for being sinners.
(b) She tries to escape the camp and return to the fort.
(c) She sets up a prayer meeting.
(d) She believes that God has forsaken her and all of the women.
4. How is the weather as the Indians leave the fort?
(a) Raining and gloomy.
(b) Snowing and cold.
(c) Cool and pleasant.
5. What does Reverend Hare do to incur the wrath of members of the tribe?
(a) He steals food when there is little.
(b) He propositions one of the married women.
(c) He steals horses and sells them to other Indian tribes for his profit.
(d) He tries to molest one of the young boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does General Crook want the Cheyenne to do?
2. How does Reverend Hare's performance on the night of the wild party affect the way the Indians feel about him?
3. What is Captain Bourke disturbed to learn about what the women don't know?
4. According to tribal custom, because Marie Blanche's husband is dead and she is pregnant, what happens to her?
5. What does Narcissis do at the fort?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)