|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 18 May and 19 May, 21 May and 22 May 1875.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lieutenant James' wife, Abigail, treat May when she stays with the family?
(a) She is solicitous to May.
(b) She is aloof toward May.
(c) She is cruel to May.
(d) She is kind to May.
2. The women are depressed, but Phemie brings some cheer by doing what?
(a) She leads the women in a prayer.
(b) She asks the soldiers to buy them something to eat.
(c) She sings the Negro spiritual, "This Train."
(d) She prepares a good home cooked meal.
3. How does May describe the military guard accompanying them on their journey?
(a) Snide and contemptuous.
(b) Helpful and considerate.
(c) Supportive and interested in being helpful.
(d) Aloof and disinterested.
4. What amusing incident occurs while the women are being chosen by their Indian husbands-to-be?
(a) Helen runs after a new bird and trips into a pool of water.
(b) Some of the women run away.
(c) The horses being traded for the women escape.
(d) Daisy's dog bites the Indian who treated him roughly.
5. How does May describe herself during a conversation at the dinner table about religion?
(a) A bit of an agnostic.
(b) An Anglican.
(c) A Protestant.
(d) A Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Bourke disturbed to learn about what the women don't know?
2. How do the women feel about staying with Phemie?
3. What does May say about her children in her letter to Harry?
4. Who is Lydia Bradley?
5. What do the women learn as they get near the Indians?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)