|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nate have so many phones?
2. How many openly gay players are in the MLB?
3. What is Kris's nationality?
4. What does Maeve find suspicious in Part 2?
5. Why does Ashton leave Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cooper break up with Keely?
2. What does Maeve discover when she goes on Simon's admin board?
3. Why does Bronwyn return to the police station?
4. How does Cooper escape the gym?
5. What show are the students featured on?
6. How does Nate see that Addy has changed by Part 3?
7. Why does Addy want to be funny?
8. What is Bronwyn's Dante's Inferno allusion?
9. How is Bronwyn being implicated?
10. Why does Addy cut off her hair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Simon's death occurs very quickly in the novel. Why is the timing of this plot point significant? What would change if the author wrote the story so that Simon died in the middle of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Simon's death causes internal and external conflict in the narrators. Which conflict seems most difficult for the main characters to deal with? What is the author's purpose in revealing seemingly small slights?
Essay Topic 3
Bronwyn and Nate have a complicated relationship. Explain why the way Bronwyn plays her piano changes when Nate visits. Include the effect Bronwyn's music has on Nate. What is the author foreshadowing about these two characters and why is it important for their growth?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)