|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Avery?
2. Where is Bronwyn supposed to meet her team?
3. What has Nate been placed on?
4. Where does Nate wish he lived?
5. Why does Cooper feel uncomfortable writing with his right hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of families are moving to the Bayview area?
2. Which two teachers accompany Mr. Avery after the car accident?
3. Why can the school not do anything about Simon's app?
4. What does Bronwyn try to convinve Mr. Avery of?
5. How did Nate know what was wrong with Simon?
6. What does Addy's mother think about Jake?
7. What does Mr. Avery do at the beginning of each class?
8. What does Yumiko insinuate is going on in Part 1?
9. What does Addy appreciate the most about Jake?
10. Who is Leah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Avery tells the students in detention to hand write a 500-word essay on how technology is ruining schools. Why might the author have included this interaction and how do the students react to the assignment? What message may the author be sending by having the teacher call longhand a lost art?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author write some characters as static and some as dynamic? Would the novel be effective if all of the characters were one way or the other? Which of the main characters has changed the most as the story progresses and how have they developed?
Essay Topic 3
Pick one of the narrator's and explain in detail how that character overcame other people's preconceived ideas. Give examples of how the character changed. What formula for happiness is the author trying to convey by showing the character's acceptance of self?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)