Part 1: Chapters 1-4
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: McManus, Karen M. One of Us Is Lying. Delacorte Press, 2017. 1st ed.
• Part One, Simon Says, introduces the four narrators who are students of Bayview High School in Bayview, California.
• Bronwyn Rojas, Cooper Clay, Nate Macauley, and Addy Prentiss rotate telling the story throughout the chapters.
• This novel is structured in three parts; this part's title refers to Simon Kelleher declaring himself an omniscient narrator.
• Bronwyn, an intelligent Mathlete, has detention for being caught with a phone that is not hers in Mr. Avery’s class.
• Simon, the creator of the About That app, has detention for the same reason and believes he has been set up.
• Baseball player Cooper passes a note to homecoming princess, Addy, when the students enter detention.
• Nate, a known trouble maker, is the only student in...
This section contains 2,441 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)