|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steals the red runt's food through "teamwork maneuvers"?
2. When does Dick feel like he cheated in building things he needs?
(a) When he hires someone to help him.
(b) When he goes too fast and cuts corners.
(c) When he doesn't give the job all his attention.
(d) When he uses man-made items.
3. What does Dick say about how Indians of the past built their rafts?
(a) Using only axes and no nails.
(b) Saplings nailed together.
(c) From logs with animal hides.
(d) With rope.
4. When the brush rustles, what does Dick expect to see coming out of it in "Cloud Country"?
(a) Bull moose.
5. What is one thing that the red runt causes Dick to do more of?
(a) Haul water from the lake.
(b) Paint the outside of the cache.
(c) Carve driftwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dick walk back along the bank on his return from the Chilikadrotna River?
2. What term does Dick use to describe nature in "Reflections"?
3. What does Dick accuse the red runt of in his essay on this animal?
4. What has a lived-in look in "Until Another Spring" that Dick says has been deserted for a couple of years?
5. In "Reflections", what does Dick say he uses for a curtain rod?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dick intend to leave his cabin for the winter?
2. What does the red runt like to remind Dick of?
3. Why does Dick have to do more mending and repair because of the red runt?
4. Describe Dick's experience with the brown bear as he hikes down Falls Mountain.
5. Does Dick feel sympathetic toward the red runt?
6. Describe the grayling that Dick catches and releases while fly fishing in the river.
7. What does Dick remind himself of when he worries about getting sick or falling in a rock slide?
8. Describe Dick's last morning at his cabin.
9. What is Dick's opinion about food and physical exercise?
10. Is Dick willing to make friends with the red runt?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)