|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Reflections", what does Dick say he uses for a curtain rod?
(a) Metal pipe.
(c) Iron rod.
(d) Long branch.
2. What is the red runt?
3. How does the red runt bother Dick's sourdough biscuits?
(a) Steps in them.
(b) Tips over solar oven and gets spruce needles on the biscuits.
(c) Eats them.
(d) Throws dirt on them.
4. What month is it at the beginning of "Until Another Spring"?
5. How wide were the rafts made by the Indians?
(a) Ten feet.
(b) Six feet.
(c) Nine feet.
(d) Four feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Chilikadrotna River begin?
2. What is close to zero in Alaska that Dick mentions in "Reflections"?
3. Who is Frank Bell?
4. What was Dick's first clue to the red runt getting into his cache?
5. What does Dick say about how Indians of the past built their rafts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dick's comments about the red salmon.
2. What does Dick remind himself of when he worries about getting sick or falling in a rock slide?
3. How does the natural world meet Dick's needs?
4. Does Dick feel happy to be back at his cabin after exploring the Chilikadrotna River?
5. Describe the bull caribou's attempts to protect himself from insects.
6. Why does Dick describe himself as an oddball?
7. What does the red runt like to remind Dick of?
8. Why does Dick have to do more mending and repair because of the red runt?
9. Describe Dick's experience with the brown bear as he hikes down Falls Mountain.
10. Why does Dick intend to leave his cabin for the winter?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)