|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick accuse the red runt of in his essay on this animal?
(a) Stately poses.
(b) Funny antics.
(c) Harmless playfulness.
(d) Mischief and vandalism.
2. How much did Dick spend to build his cabin?
(a) Sixty-six dollars.
(b) Twenty-five dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Just over forty dollars.
3. What is close to zero in Alaska that Dick mentions in "Reflections"?
(a) The chance of the mission girls showing up.
(b) Number of pigeons.
(c) Crime rate.
(d) Number of days it is sunny.
4. What does Dick say about oatmeal in "Reflections"?
(a) It is a good choice of food.
(b) He likes his grandmother's recipe.
(c) He doesn't eat much of it in the wilderness.
(d) He hates it.
5. What do the mosses and grasses on top of Falls Mountain have in them that Dick says "is another world of beauty?"
(a) Miniature butterflies.
(b) Tiny flowers.
(d) Lady bugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the red runt do with the blueberries on the shelf outside the cabin door?
2. What is Dick's opinion about technology in "Reflections"?
3. How many months did Dick live in the wilderness?
4. What animal does Dick say wears "white oxfords" and a "snow-white cape" when he paddles toward the Chilikadrotna River?
5. What does Dick find inside the large pot in the cabin located on the bank of the Chilikadrotna River?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dick remind himself of when he worries about getting sick or falling in a rock slide?
2. Does Dick feel happy to be back at his cabin after exploring the Chilikadrotna River?
3. What does Dick see when standing on Eagle's Back?
4. Describe Dick's comments about the red salmon.
5. How does the natural world meet Dick's needs?
6. Is Dick proud of his cabin and cache?
7. What comment does Dick make about the hunters' housekeeping skills?
8. How does Dick describe the sound of the Chilikadrotna River?
9. Does the red runt like to scatter Dick's food?
10. Why does Dick have to do more mending and repair because of the red runt?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)