|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick worry about when he hikes over the boulders on Falls Mountain?
(a) Angry rams.
(b) Losing his backpack.
(c) Stepping on the wrong rock and falling.
2. Why does Dick say he likes living in the wilderness in "Reflections"?
(a) He has a fear of cities.
(b) It's in the early stages and man has not left too many marks on it.
(c) He doesn't like people.
(d) He likes living close to water.
3. On the last day Dick is in the wilderness, what is the weather like?
(a) Clear, calm, and thirty-two degrees.
(c) Rough and stormy.
(d) Hot and dry.
4. What date does Dick tell Babe he wants to leave the wilderness?
(a) October 1st.
(b) July 6th.
(c) November 12th.
(d) September 25th.
5. What does Dick cover the sheep meat with, as described in "Red Runt"?
(b) Sleeping bag.
(c) Polyurethane sheeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick take with him when he hikes up Falls Mountain on July 2nd?
2. What is Dick doing in "Red Runt" that the red runt seems interested in?
3. What does Dick oil at the end of the book?
4. In "Reflections", what does Dick say he uses for a curtain rod?
5. What is Dick's opinion about technology in "Reflections"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dick's opinion about food and physical exercise?
2. Why does Dick intend to leave his cabin for the winter?
3. Does Dick feel happy to be back at his cabin after exploring the Chilikadrotna River?
4. Is Dick willing to make friends with the red runt?
5. When Dick spots a caribou bull while canoeing in the lake, what does he hope to do?
6. Why does Dick describe himself as an oddball?
7. Describe the grayling that Dick catches and releases while fly fishing in the river.
8. Describe what happens when the red runt gets into Dick's cache.
9. What is the weather like on the day Dick stores his things in the cache?
10. What does Dick find in Frank Bell's cabin?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)