|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick do with the litter he finds when he visits the hunters' tent camp in "Camp Meat"?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Throws it in the lake.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Bags it up for trash pick-up.
2. When Dick forgets his lunch when he takes the canoe up the lake and watches wildlife, what does he eat?
(b) Dandelion greens.
(d) Hazel nuts.
3. What does Dick use a trotline for?
(a) Catch fish while he sleeps.
(b) Trap for squirrels.
(c) To make sure his logs are straight.
(d) Hang his laundry.
4. What month does Dick bring out his canoe from storage at Spike's cabin?
5. What does Dick make for his kitchen window in "Breakup"?
(a) Flower box.
(c) Window seat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In June, how fast do the ice chunks move on the lake?
2. What does Babe eat two bowls of when he visits Dick on January 9th?
3. Who does Babe say he will bring along next time he visits in "Freeze-up"?
4. What weapons does Dick have on this wilderness adventure?
5. What does Dick call the rabbit he is tracking in early May?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dick's design for his cabin?
2. On May 27th, why does Dick take his canoe out of storage at Spike's cabin?
3. How does Dick prepare for freeze-up?
4. What does Dick help Babe with when they get to Port Alsworth?
5. Describe Babe Alsworth's appearance.
6. What does Dick dislike about the cement for building the fireplace?
7. What surprises the teacher and his wife when they visit Dick?
8. What is Operation Sheep Meat?
9. Describe the jack rabbit Dick sees outside his cabin on May 6th.
10. What does Babe bring to Dick's on Christmas Day?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)