|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high above the lake is Low Pass located?
(a) One thousand feet.
(b) Sixteen hundred feet.
(c) Two thousand feet.
(d) Nine hundred feet.
2. What are Grizzly Eggs?
(a) Bear food.
(b) Breakfast dish.
(c) Restaurant name.
(d) Dick's name for two boulders.
3. What does Dick wrap around the legs of his cache to dissuade squirrels from climbing up?
(a) Flexible traps.
(c) Barbed wire.
(d) Twelve inch band of tin.
4. In June, how fast do the ice chunks move on the lake?
(a) Twelve feet a minute.
(b) Two feet every 30 seconds.
(c) One hundred feet a minute.
(d) Fifty feet a minute.
5. What do the hunters have in their canoe as they paddle up the lake on the day Dick builds a small fire in his fireplace?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the jar have in it that Dick opened when he got to Spike's cabin the first evening he arrives?
2. On September 9th, what does Dick hear at the Boss Hunter's cabin in "Camp Meat"?
3. When does Dick plan to start a garden?
4. What does Dick leave behind at the Carrithers home when he flies to Anchorage?
5. How does Dick divide up his cargo to haul to Spike's cabin in the Twins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dick clean up the litter left behind at the hunters' camps?
2. How does Dick feel about completing the cabin?
3. What happens when Dick cuts his thumb?
4. Describe some chores that Dick does at the end of "Breakup".
5. What other things does Dick do when he has to wait for more materials to be delivered by Babe?
6. What surprises the teacher and his wife when they visit Dick?
7. What does Dick help Babe with when they get to Port Alsworth?
8. What does Dick dislike about the cement for building the fireplace?
9. Describe what Dick sees when he enters Spike's cabin.
10. How does Dick make warmer hand and face protection at the beginning of the winter months?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)