|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wildlife does Dick see that makes him anxious to begin the fireplace project?
2. What does Dick take out from his underground cooler to celebrate the first day of spring?
(a) Jar of blueberries.
(b) Frozen raspberry pie.
(c) Bottle of juice.
(d) Jar of peaches.
3. What item does Dick find at the hunters' tent camp that is useful to him?
(a) Styrofoam chest with a box of matches inside.
(c) Bottle of soda.
4. What does Dick feed the birds and squirrels for Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) Sunflower seeds.
(b) Dried corn.
(c) Bird seed.
(d) Suet and meat dust.
5. What does Dick do with the litter he finds when he visits the hunters' tent camp in "Camp Meat"?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Bags it up for trash pick-up.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Throws it in the lake.
6. How does Dick describe Babe?
(a) Tall and lanky.
(b) Wiry as a weasel.
(c) Average height and well-built.
7. When does Dick finish his cabin, except for the fireplace?
8. Who says "We are not piling up treasures on this earth?"
9. How old is Dick when he begins his wilderness experience?
10. On September 9th, what does Dick hear at the Boss Hunter's cabin in "Camp Meat"?
11. What does Babe bring Dick when he flies in on May 8th?
(a) Letters and groceries.
(b) Canoe paddle.
(c) Package from Sears.
(d) Fancy chocolate birthday cake.
12. Why does Dick decide he must hunt on September 20th in "Camp Meat"?
(a) He is tired of building.
(b) To put up meat for the winter.
(c) He needs animal hides to stay warm.
(d) The animals are encroaching on his territory.
13. What does the Boss Hunter do before he leaves his cabin for the winter?
(a) Offers the use of the cabin to Dick.
(b) Padlocks the door.
(c) Leaves a note that visitors are welcome.
(d) Puts up a No Trespassing sign.
14. How long does Dick anticipate letting the fireplace mortar dry before he builds a normal-sized fire?
(a) Several days.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
15. What does the possibility of a visit from the mission girls keep Dick occupied with?
(a) Picking cranberries.
(c) Laundry, dusting, and keeping things in order.
(d) Making more chairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick nickname the "camp robber"?
2. To write this book, what does Sam Keith use of Dick Proenneke's?
3. What does Dick make for his kitchen window in "Breakup"?
4. What does Dick do in the last four days in May in "The Birth of a Cabin"?
5. On a frosty August morning, what animals does Dick see feeding on a grassy slope above Glacier Creek in "Camp Meat"?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)