|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of salad does Dick eat on Thanksgiving day?
(a) Chopped cabbage, carrots, and onions.
(c) Frozen danelion greens.
2. What does Dick hunt on September 20th in "Camp Meat"?
3. What month does Dick bring out his canoe from storage at Spike's cabin?
4. What does Dick use to test the draft in his new fireplace?
(c) Burning log.
(d) Fireweed seeds.
5. To prepare for freeze-up, what does Dick build out of spruce poles?
(a) Ice-skating rink.
(d) Warming hut.
6. Who says "We are not piling up treasures on this earth?"
7. What does Dick do on his birthday, May 4th?
(a) Carves a set of utensils.
(b) Takes photographs of a bear family.
8. What does a squirrel do with a roll of Dick's toilet paper?
(a) Shreds it.
(b) Uses it in his nest.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Papers the trees with it.
9. What does Babe's wife knit for Dick that Babe delivers on January 9th?
(b) Wool socks.
(d) Long johns.
10. What does Babe bring Dick when he flies in on May 8th?
(a) Package from Sears.
(b) Letters and groceries.
(c) Fancy chocolate birthday cake.
(d) Canoe paddle.
11. What words does Dick write with spruce boughs on the frozen ice for Babe to see?
(b) Too thin.
(d) Land here.
12. What item does Dick find at the hunters' tent camp that is useful to him?
(a) Bottle of soda.
(c) Styrofoam chest with a box of matches inside.
13. In June, how fast do the ice chunks move on the lake?
(a) One hundred feet a minute.
(b) Fifty feet a minute.
(c) Two feet every 30 seconds.
(d) Twelve feet a minute.
14. What does Dick have for his birthday dinner?
(a) Onion soup.
(c) Ram steak.
15. What weapons does Dick have on this wilderness adventure?
(a) Bow and arrow.
(c) Pistol and rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick mean when he says "That's living in the wilderness first class."
2. How does Dick describe Babe?
3. What does Dick do in the last four days in May in "The Birth of a Cabin"?
4. What is the temperature on Thanksgiving day?
5. What does Dick call the strip he makes on the lake ice for Babe to land on?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)