|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Chilikadrotna.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick feed the birds and squirrels for Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) Dried corn.
(b) Suet and meat dust.
(c) Bird seed.
(d) Sunflower seeds.
2. What does Dick call "this great big country" at the end of his essay on the Chilikadrotna River?
(a) His playground.
(b) Too hard to explore.
(c) Beyond his imagination.
3. What does Dick take with him when he hikes up Falls Mountain on July 2nd?
(b) Binoculars and spotting scope.
4. What does Dick accuse the red runt of in his essay on this animal?
(a) Stately poses.
(b) Harmless playfulness.
(c) Funny antics.
(d) Mischief and vandalism.
5. What is the weather like in mid-September when Dick is building his fireplace?
(d) Clear and cool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick use wildfire greens for in "The Birth of a Cabin"?
2. What is the name of the creek where Dick goes fishing after he gets settled in Spike's cabin?
3. How long does Dick anticipate letting the fireplace mortar dry before he builds a normal-sized fire?
4. When Dick investigates what the magpies are calling about in "The Chilikadrotna", what does he find?
5. What animal does Dick see through his binoculars after he has investigated what the magpies are calling about while exploring the Chilikadrotna River?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)