|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Freeze-up.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Dick anticipate letting the fireplace mortar dry before he builds a normal-sized fire?
(a) One week.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) One month.
(d) Several days.
2. What does Dick call the strip he makes on the lake ice for Babe to land on?
(a) Twin Lakes International Airport.
(b) Ice Landing.
(c) Glacier Regional Airport.
(d) Low Pass Airport.
3. What animal takes over the spruce squirrel's home in "Freeze-up"?
4. How heavy is Dick's second load of cargo that he hauls to Spike's cabin?
(a) Sixty pounds.
(b) Twelve pounds.
(c) Twenty pounds.
(d) Ninety pounds.
5. What does Dick say a person living alone has to do in "The Birth of a Cabin"?
(a) Write a lot of letters.
(b) Read books.
(d) Get things down to a system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dick waiting for from Babe Alsworth when he is in Kodiak?
2. What are Grizzly Eggs?
3. What is located 75 feet from the bay and situated on a knolltop?
4. What does Dick mean when he says "That's living in the wilderness first class."
5. What kind of salad does Dick eat on Thanksgiving day?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)