|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Chilikadrotna.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the possibility of a visit from the mission girls keep Dick occupied with?
(a) Making more chairs.
(b) Laundry, dusting, and keeping things in order.
(c) Picking cranberries.
2. What words does Dick write with spruce boughs on the frozen ice for Babe to see?
(a) Too thin.
(d) Land here.
3. What animal does Dick see through his binoculars after he has investigated what the magpies are calling about while exploring the Chilikadrotna River?
4. How wide were the rafts made by the Indians?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Four feet.
(c) Ten feet.
(d) Nine feet.
5. On a frosty August morning, what animals does Dick see feeding on a grassy slope above Glacier Creek in "Camp Meat"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick find inside the large pot in the cabin located on the bank of the Chilikadrotna River?
2. What do the hunters have in their canoe as they paddle up the lake on the day Dick builds a small fire in his fireplace?
3. When Dick investigates what the magpies are calling about in "The Chilikadrotna", what does he find?
4. What item does Dick find at the hunters' tent camp that is useful to him?
5. What does Babe bring Dick when he flies in on May 8th?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)