1. To write this book, what does Sam Keith use of Dick Proenneke's?
(b) Newspaper articles.
(c) Magazine essays.
2. What is the setting of Dick's wilderness experience?
(a) British Columbia.
(d) Washington state.
3. What year did Sam meet Dick?
4. What is Dick waiting for from Babe Alsworth when he is in Kodiak?
(d) Phone call.
5. What do Spike and Hope Carrithers lend to Dick?
(b) Cabin and canoe.
(c) Jet ski.
6. What does Dick leave behind at the Carrithers home when he flies to Anchorage?
7. What month is it when Dick meets Babe in Anchorage?
8. What does The Chugach Range remind Dick of?
(a) A great steeple.
(b) Pictures from his youth.
(c) Hiking through the Appalachian moutains.
(d) Camper trip from Nebraska.
9. Where did Dick work in the 1940s?
10. How does Dick describe Babe?
(a) Average height and well-built.
(b) Tall and lanky.
(d) Wiry as a weasel.
This section contains 4,275 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)