• Sam Keith writes "One Man's Wilderness: An Alaskan Odyssey" from the daily journals of Dick Proenneke about his Alaskan wilderness experience.
• Sam met Dick in 1952 while living in Alaska for three years.
• From Dick's journals, Keith writes an account of his friend's experience living and thriving in the Alaskan wilderness.
• Dick waits to hear from bush pilot Babe Alsworth about his departure time to travel to his wilderness site.
• Dick is staying with Spike and Hope Carrithers at Sawmill Lake in Kodiak where he is doing odd jobs.
• Earlier, he stayed at their wilderness cabin in the Twin Lakes region, and this inspired him to go on his own wilderness adventure.
• Dick drives his camper to the Carrithers and leaves it with them when he flies from Kodiak to meet Babe in Anchorage.
• On May 17, 1968, Dick waits for Babe to arrive in his 180 Cessna at Merrill...
This section contains 2,256 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)