|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Book Learning" written?
(a) April, 1942.
(b) September, 1942.
(c) June, 1942.
(d) July, 1942.
2. "Aunt Poo" referred to whose aunt?
(d) E. B. White's.
3. How many deaths were in the town the last year in "Fall"?
4. What did White claim as his profession in "Questionnaire"?
(c) Steward of the land.
5. White wrote in "Motor Cars" that DeSoto moved its clutch pedal two inches to the left the same week that Japan did what?
(a) Insulted England.
(b) Rejected Christianity.
(c) Joined the Axis.
(d) Killed their Emperor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit did White find labeled as having dye added in "On a Florida Key"?
2. When was "Morningtime and Eveningtime" written?
3. Who did White receive the questionnaire from in "Questionnaire"?
4. What did White claim people from Maine said in place of "all" in "Maine Speech"?
5. In "Book Learning," White wrote that what, "however sound in principle, often seems strangely unrelated to, and unaware of, the vital, grueling job of making a living by farming"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did White receive his survey from in "Questionnaire"? What were his answers?
2. Who did White take to the lake with him in "Once More to the Lake"? Why?
3. What surprised White about raising sheep in "A Shepherd's Life"?
4. What did White think of Anne Morrow Lindbergh's book in "The Wave of the Future"?
5. What internal conflict did White face in "Lime"?
6. What was White's experience in training dogs like in "Dog Training"?
7. What was White's reaction to his gift in "The Practical Farmer"?
8. In what way did White claim children could be coddled in "Sanitation"?
9. How did White relate automobiles to politics in "Motor Cars"?
10. What actions did White retell in "My Day"?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)