|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did White claim had been able to succeed because he was able to see the world as a whole and was not hampered by any limiting thoughts?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
2. In what village did White and his family seek shelter at in "A Winter Diary"?
3. How many young men did White say had gone into the service from his town in "Fall"?
4. White claimed to be fascinated by the anatomy of what in "Motor Cars"?
5. When was "Compost" written?
(a) July, 1940.
(b) June, 1940.
(c) April, 1940.
(d) September, 1940.
Short Answer Questions
1. White wrote that he was working on a picture from what book in "A Winter Diary"?
2. Who wrote the book that was given to White in "The Practical Farmer"?
3. In "Freedom," White berated those who are inclined to think positively about the results brought about by what?
4. What did White claim as his profession in "Questionnaire"?
5. White wrote in "Sanitation," "The good world will be impossible to achieve until parents quit teaching their children about" what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What world events were central in "Compost"? What was White's assertion of the situation?
2. What surroundings did White describe in "On a Florida Key"?
3. What was White's reaction to his gift in "The Practical Farmer"?
4. Who did "Aunt Poo" refer to? Why was White thinking of her?
5. Who did White take to the lake with him in "Once More to the Lake"? Why?
6. What sort of list is the article "Memorandum"? What did White conclude in the article?
7. How did White effectively portray country life to an educated, urban audience?
8. What was White's experience in training dogs like in "Dog Training"?
9. Describe White's companions in "Coon Hunt."
10. What did White think of Anne Morrow Lindbergh's book in "The Wave of the Future"?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)