|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was White while writing "The Trailer Park"?
2. What word is used in place of "lift" in "Maine Speech"?
3. When was "Book Learning" written?
(a) September, 1942.
(b) June, 1942.
(c) July, 1942.
(d) April, 1942.
4. In "Freedom," White berated those who are inclined to think positively about the results brought about by what?
(a) Fascists and dictators.
(b) Kings and Queens.
(c) Dictators and Kings.
(d) Kings and fascists.
5. White wrote that he did not think there is any considerable good in what, in "Sanitation"?
(a) Hard work.
(b) Fishing in the rain.
(d) Clarity of thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. "A Winter Diary" was written when?
2. When was "On a Florida Key" written?
3. In the beginning of "A Shepherd's Life," White wrote "This is a day of 'high winds and _______ promises.
4. What hung on the west wall of White's cottage in "On a Florida Key"?
5. Who did White receive the questionnaire from in "Questionnaire"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did White recount in "Fall"?
2. What is the most notable of literary techniques White implemented in his articles?
3. What world events were central in "Compost"? What was White's assertion of the situation?
4. What was White's reaction to his gift in "The Practical Farmer"?
5. What actions did White retell in "My Day"?
6. What was White's experience in training dogs like in "Dog Training"?
7. How did White relate automobiles to politics in "Motor Cars"?
8. How did White effectively portray country life to an educated, urban audience?
9. Who did White receive his survey from in "Questionnaire"? What were his answers?
10. What did White think of Anne Morrow Lindbergh's book in "The Wave of the Future"?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)