|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did E. B. White sympathize in sharing hay fever in "The Summer Catarrh"?
(a) George Washington.
(b) John Wilmore.
(c) Alexander Payne.
(d) Daniel Webster.
2. Who gave White a baby seagull in "Hot Weather"?
(a) Mr. Dameron.
(b) Mr. Jameson.
(c) Mrs. Dameron.
(d) Ms. Jameson.
3. What game sport did White describe in "Progress and Change"?
4. What basket did E. B. White decide was unnecessary on his Maine desk in "Incoming Basket"?
5. How many pounds of mackerel had White caught in "Report"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Walden," White wrote, "We may all be ______ yet, whether we like it or not."
2. In "Walden," White wrote, "I have never knelt at the grave of a philosopher nor placed wreaths on" what?
3. The campground White described in "Camp Meeting" was in a clump of woods near what?
4. When was "Second World War" written?
5. With whom did White share pastures for their sheep in "The Flocks We Watch by Night"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was "The Summer Catarrh" written? What did White write about his allergies in this essay?
2. Why was White inundated with children's books in "Children's Books"? What books did he mention?
3. What did White write about his feelings of religion in "Sabbath Morn"?
4. When did "Hot Weather" take place? What imagery did White exhibit in the essay?
5. What did White criticize about modern films in "Movies"?
6. What news did White discover in "Progress and Change"? What nostalgia did it bring up?
7. What did White discover about his expenses on the farm in "Security"? What was he doing in the narrative?
8. Why did Charles come over in "The Flocks We Watch by Night"? What did he and White do?
9. What had White and his wife gone in search of in "Fro-Joy"? What was White's conclusion?
10. What did White conclude about poets in "Poetry"?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)