|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money had White calculated it cost him to maintain one turkey on his farm in "Security"?
2. When did World War I end?
(a) January, 1919.
(b) March, 1919.
(c) November, 1918.
(d) December, 1918.
3. White wrote that the sound of what music "right after breakfast gives the summer day a loose, footless feeling" in "Hot Weather"?
4. Where was the junk shop that E. B. White went to get rid of a piece of furniture in "Removal"?
(a) 5th Avenue.
(b) 2nd Avenue.
(c) 14th Street.
(d) 3rd Avenue.
5. What did White write "a hot-weather sign" in "Hot Weather"?
(a) The comma.
(b) The asterick.
(c) The exclamation point.
(d) The question mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was E. B. White's Forward to One Man's Meat written?
2. What did White write his friend had around his land in "Poetry"?
3. What large and unattractive item did White write "came to be a sort of symbol of what I was trying to escape from" in "Removal"?
4. Three of the pieces in One Man's Meat were originally published in what magazine?
5. When was "Hot Weather" written?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did White go in "Second World War"? What was his impression of the trip and his companion?
2. What was White's transition to Maine like in the first articles of One Man's Meat? How is this reflected in his writing?
3. What was White's subject matter in "Town Meeting"? What conclusion did he reach?
4. What did White criticize about modern films in "Movies"?
5. What news did White discover in "Progress and Change"? What nostalgia did it bring up?
6. When was "The Summer Catarrh" written? What did White write about his allergies in this essay?
7. What events did White describe in "A Week in April"?
8. When did "Hot Weather" take place? What imagery did White exhibit in the essay?
9. What foreshadowing can be seen in White's second section of articles in One Man's Meat?
10. Why did Charles come over in "The Flocks We Watch by Night"? What did he and White do?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)