|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many White Plymouth Rock pullets did White have in the barn in "Report"?
2. What kind of dog was Fred?
(b) Great Dane.
(c) German Shepherd.
3. How many pounds of mackerel had White caught in "Report"?
4. In "Hot Weather," White wrote of beaches with bathhouses that smelled like what?
(a) Unwashed feet.
(b) Sour towels.
(c) Dead fish.
(d) Garbage cans.
5. When did World War I end?
(a) November, 1918.
(b) January, 1919.
(c) December, 1918.
(d) March, 1919.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Yiddish word did E. B. White use in "Removal" that means a person who jokes, chitchats, or makes wisecracks while others are trying to work or to discuss something seriously?
2. White wrote in "Children's Book's" that he'd shared his armchair with what book for the past 3 weeks?
3. How many pounds of cod and haddock had White caught in "Report"?
4. What did White write "is so closely associated with brisk affairs" in "Hot Weather"?
5. White wrote of driving past a woman in her yard using what in "Walden"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the central conflict in "First World War"?
2. Who did White see speak in "Camp Meeting"? What were his conclusions of the speech?
3. What did White conclude about poets in "Poetry"?
4. How vast was the farm White owned and described in "Salt Water Farm"?
5. What was White's subject matter in "Town Meeting"? What conclusion did he reach?
6. What news did White discover in "Progress and Change"? What nostalgia did it bring up?
7. What had White and his wife gone in search of in "Fro-Joy"? What was White's conclusion?
8. When was "Report" written? What did this article entail?
9. What was White's transition to Maine like in the first articles of One Man's Meat? How is this reflected in his writing?
10. What did White describe doing in "Removal"? What was White's difficulty in this transition?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)